Huawei's Curved Mate 9 Leaks, Shamelessly Rips Off Samsung

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '07        #1
2240 page views
21 comments

Jago 1124 heat pts1124
space
space
space
$4,048 | Props total: 7932 7932
Huawei's Curved Mate 9 Leaks, Shamelessly Rips Off Samsung

Chinese products don't have a great reputation for unique design, whether it be with cars, designer items, or electronics. With this leaked picture (courtesy of VentureBeat, the home of serial leaker @evleaks) of two upcoming Mate 9 models, "Manhattan" and "Long Island," Huawei isn't exactly doing that rep any favors.

Let's start off with the far less offensive phone - the Manhattan. This phone keeps in line with Huawei's design language (it's the phone in the top row of the hero image). According to a source familiar with Huawei's plans, the Mate 9 will sport a 5.9" 1080p screen, an octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 960, up to 6GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage, and a 20MP Leica dual-sensor camera setup with an f/2.0 aperture. This powerhouse will be sold globally, including in the United States. That's a pretty big step for Huawei.

This render more accurately reflects how the production Mate 9 will look.

Now, the curved-screen Mate 9. This thing is slated to be a more premium model, and will have a 1440p display instead of the standard Mate 9's 1080p panel in order to support Daydream VR. VentureBeat's sources didn't go into which specs and features were different from the Mate 9, but it's supposed to have the "most premium specifications." Sales of this phone will apparently be limited to China, and it's not hard to guess why.

The curved Mate 9 looks almost exactly like the Galaxy Note7 (or S7 edge, depending on who you ask). Notice how everything, from the logo placement to sensors, has been changed from the Mate 9 to mimic Samsung's front panels. If Huawei were to sell this in any country other than China, especially the United States, the company would be sued into oblivion. Even to a trained eye, the phone looks nearly indistinguishable from Samsung's edge smartphones (save for the Huawei logo). Quite frankly, I'm a bit surprised there isn't a silver or light blue model here.

The Mate 9 and its round-edged sibling will reportedly be announced at an event in Munich, Germany, on November 3rd.
visit this link Huawei's Mate 9 gets leaked in standard and curved screen guises, shamelessly rips off Samsung's edge devices

21 comments for "Huawei's Curved Mate 9 Leaks, Shamelessly Rips Off Samsung"

2 years ago '16        #2
Ravishing 60 heat pts60
space
space
$3,703 | Props total: 7212 7212
Can't wait till the Nov 3 date. Crazy how different the two leaks look. Was honestly not a fan of the first one but these joints look straight. After seeing the curved design yesterday, I honestly wouldn't mind paying a little extra for it.

[pic - click to view]

And the second one (well... the second one what I saw)

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Ravishing; 10-13-2016 at 08:08 AM..

2 years ago '05        #3
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,634 | Props total: 19416 19416

[pic - click to view]

I thought that bottom row was the S VII edge.

2 years ago '07        #4
JohnDoe 220 heat pts220
space
space
$12,887 | Props total: 7585 7585
I know Huawei is in Kirkland Washington but are they a Ghinese company? Im thinking of grabbing one and keeping my 6+ wait for that 7s+ before grabbing a new iPhone.

2 years ago '16        #5
Ravishing 60 heat pts60
space
space
 JohnDoe said
I know Huawei is in Kirkland Washington but are they a Ghinese company? Im thinking of grabbing one and keeping my 6+ wait for that 7s+ before grabbing a new iPhone.
Chinese

Alongside Xiaomi, ZTE, Oppo, OnePlus, and Lenovo to name a few.

2 years ago '07        #6
iswerve 179 heat pts179
space
space
$6,419 | Props total: 12229 12229
will it have sd card?

and will it have band 12 for tmobile?

perfect note 7 replacement

i trust hawaii after the 6p

2 years ago '07        #7
JohnDoe 220 heat pts220
space
space
$12,887 | Props total: 7585 7585
 Ravishing said
Chinese

Alongside Xiaomi, ZTE, Oppo, OnePlus, and Lenovo to name a few.
After reading that piece about Lenovo

Superfish, an adware program that Lenovo admitted in January it included as standard on its consumer PCs, reportedly acts as a "man-in-the-middle" so it can access private data for advertising purposes. The adware makes itself an unrestricted root certificate authority, installing a proxy capable of producing spurious SSL certificates whenever a secure connection is requested. SSL certificates are small files, used by banks, social networks, retailers such as Amazon, and many others to prove to incoming connections that the site is legitimate. By creating its own SSL certificates, Superfish is able to perform its advertising tasks even on secure connections, injecting ads and reading data from pages that should be private.
I don't know how much I trust any Ghinese company's product. Its like the Politburo make foreign policy decisions to try and destabilize American security infrastructure with all their sh*tty products.

I know its the old "they do it so why can't we" but Im American, and I have voting power in my country......I have no ability to destabilize policy decisions in Ghina.

2 years ago '06        #8
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1206 1206
I'm hoping to get my hands on that premium joint.

2 years ago '11        #9
KingP1n 351 heat pts351
space
space
$8,287 | Props total: 4742 4742
Wow lol

2 years ago '05        #10
white-chocolate 129 heat pts129
space
space
$15,931 | Props total: 1870 1870
anyone ever owned a Huawei phone.. is it just cheap like replica stuff or does it actually use good hardware?

2 years ago '04        #11
JayR04 124 heat pts124
space
space
$11,757 | Props total: 8936 8936
 white-chocolate said
anyone ever owned a Huawei phone.. is it just cheap like replica stuff or does it actually use good hardware?
From reviews I've seen on previous models, build quality is close to flagships but not quite there. That's the only thing stopping me from getting a lesser known brand.

2 years ago '06        #12
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1206 1206
 white-chocolate said
I own a $400 Huawei smartwatch. Build quality is top notch and I get plenty of compliments on it. They've also stepped up the build quality of their smartphone over the years. I will cop this with no hesitation.

2 years ago '10        #13
GBREEZE 277 heat pts277
space
space
$13,092 | Props total: 11170 11170
damn, will this work on Verizon? I'm sure its only GSM bands tho.

2 years ago '16        #14
Ravishing 60 heat pts60
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Dat back tho ()

JohnDoe said
After reading that piece about Lenovo

I don't know how much I trust any Ghinese company's product. Its like the Politburo make foreign policy decisions to try and destabilize American security infrastructure with all their sh*tty products.

I know its the old "they do it so why can't we" but Im American, and I have voting power in my country......I have no ability to destabilize policy decisions in Ghina.
That's fair. I haven't heard any substantial about Huawei (although it's always grouped in the mess) but I have heard about Lenovo and Xiaomi.

white-chocolate said
 JayR04 said
From reviews I've seen on previous models, build quality is close to flagships but not quite there. That's the only thing stopping me from getting a lesser known brand.
Where you read that at? The Mate 8 had glowing reviews and was noted for its build quality. If one could praise the iPhone's you can praise the Mate 8's as well.

Last edited by Ravishing; 10-13-2016 at 10:16 PM..

2 years ago '16        #15
PartiaI Reader 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,102 | Props total: 7445 7445
as an s7 edge owner, is it possible to sue huawei (pronounced Hoo-Ah-Way-Ee) for treason?

Y.G. said

[pic - click to view]

I thought that bottom row was the S VII edge.

same

2 years ago '11        #16
Blinx 182 52 heat pts52
space
space
$3,871 | Props total: 6688 6688
Stuff like this is why a lot of these manufacturers (see recent Tim Cook tour) are scrambling to get a real foothold in China. You need to cut these dudes off at the source. The only way they can compete, is government backing and "fast following". Dudes even beat Samsung at their own game.

2 years ago '09        #17
iamsoulja 201 heat pts201
space
space
$5,296 | Props total: 5730 5730
 white-chocolate said
They built the Nexus 6p great quality phone

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '05        #18
space
space
bought the S7 Edge.. not impressed with this phone at all smh

2 years ago '05        #19
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 white-chocolate said
bought the S7 Edge.. not impressed with this phone at all smh
It's virtually the same as the Note 7. What don't you like about it?

2 years ago '05        #20
space
space
 Y.G. said
It's virtually the same as the Note 7. What don't you like about it?
got stuck getting the slippery black phone which was the last colorway on my list but only one available.. it's awkward to hold.. battery dies faster than my Note 7.. i just had no issues coming from the Note 7, really liked that phone.. haven't used a phone this small in awhile.. software wise it's fine however.. runs smooth.. i did have one issue where it was on the black screen with the clock and it froze there.. dunno just miss the note 7

2 years ago '05        #21
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 white-chocolate said
got stuck getting the slippery black phone which was the last colorway on my list but only one available.. it's awkward to hold.. battery dies faster than my Note 7.. i just had no issues coming from the Note 7, really liked that phone.. haven't used a phone this small in awhile.. software wise it's fine however.. runs smooth.. i did have one issue where it was on the black screen with the clock and it froze there.. dunno just miss the note 7
Give the battery a few days, you should squeeze more time out of it than the Note. That being said, it's focked up you had to turn in the phone.

2 years ago '16        #22
Ravishing 60 heat pts60
space
space
The curved display joint (code name "Long Island") is known as the Mate 9 Pro.

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
-73online now  17
Rebel Wilson: Black Men In Atlanta Thought I Was A '10'!!
235 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+126online now  12
Image(s) inside 48 And Still Got It
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  5
Michael RacistPort wants to take back Meek Mill comments.
116 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-33online now  5
Video inside BlueFace Allegedly Hooked Up With A Transgender
77 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy