Pixel and Pixel XL allegedly coming to AT&T early next month

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '09        #1
1586 page views
18 comments

Tiko377 1966 heat pts1966
space
space
$16,943 | Props total: 11941 11941
Pixel and Pixel XL allegedly coming to AT&T early next month

Google launched the Pixel and Pixel XL as a Verizon exclusive in the U.S., though you can also buy the phones unlocked straight from the Google Store website and at Best Buy. While Verizon is the only U.S. carrier selling the devices in stores, it looks like that may change early next month.

AT&T is allegedly set to start selling the Pixel and Pixel XL in the first week of November, according to Android Central editor Jerry Hildenbrand. He shared the news on Twitter, noting that multiple “trustworthy” sources have been telling him the same thing. However, Hildenbrand admits that he doesn’t have enough evidence to report the rumor as news.

Getting the new Pixel phones into AT&T stores would be a huge win for Google, especially if it happens as soon as early November before the busy holiday shopping season kicks off. It could help boost sales and give more people a chance to try out new features like Google a.ssistant by simply walking into a local carrier store.

The Pixel and Pixel XL are solid flagship phones, though Google’s new hardware strategy still has its flaws. We’ll let you know if and when Verizon loses the exclusive on the Pixel.

SOURCE JERRY HILDENBRAND (TWITTER)

visit this link http://www.technobuffalo. .. ovember-rumor/

18 comments for "Pixel and Pixel XL allegedly coming to AT&T early next month"

2 years ago '04        #2
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,569 | Props total: 948 948
Ugly, overpriced phone, no thanks

2 years ago '05        #3
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,298 | Props total: 18286 18286
 Liquid-Science said
Ugly, overpriced phone, no thanks
No microSD slot, no wireless charging, no waterproofing, no OIS, underclocked CPU and still priced as a flagship. What was Google thinking?

Last edited by Y.G.; 10-10-2016 at 12:00 AM..

2 years ago '04        #4
fat_boyy21 329 heat pts329
space
space
$9,991 | Props total: 4015 4015
Google's done exclusivity periods for like a month in the past, but this looks like it would only be for like a week to two weeks

2 years ago '04        #5
bibbyboi 28 heat pts28
space
space
$11,602 | Props total: 2845 2845
 Y.G. said
No wireless charging, no waterproofing, no OIS, underclocked CPU and still priced as a flagship. What was Google thinking?
Trying to be like the iPhone .

Nah seriously though, I think they are going to push it with the idea that google a.ssistant as the selling point. It's a good phone but I think they rushed the whole pixel idea. Like they were originally going to still sell it as a Nexus but for some reason felt like they NEEDED the pixel line to drop with Google a.ssistant as an exclusive.

I think it's a win for google if they get it sold on all carriers. Most people buy phones through carriers and can swallow the $30 a month over $400+ up front. I'm still going to try my best to buy unlocked but if this is going to be the standard price for Pixel/Nexus phones I'm going to probably have to go back to payments with the carrier. I hope they bring it to T-Mob next go round.

Like @ was saying, this isn't really worth the price. At the very least waterproofing should be standard by now. I also don't get why they added SD support back into Android, made a huge deal about it, but don't offer it in their phones that are meant to showcase what they want Android to be.

2 years ago '05        #6
slim_d20 21 heat pts21
space
space
$5,425 | Props total: 6375 6375
 Y.G. said
No microSD slot, no wireless charging, no waterproofing, no OIS, underclocked CPU and still priced as a flagship. What was Google thinking?
They were thinking they could pull a fast one and that murikkan people are stupid??? It's the Apple strategy .... let the stupid people pay premium price the first 3 or 4 months, then bring out the 'real' price later and get the more sensible buyers.

who knows. They built a Nexus .... and priced a samsung/iphone. The price drop will be here for Christmas tho, I'll scoop it up for $450 then.

2 years ago '04        #7
bibbyboi 28 heat pts28
space
space
$11,602 | Props total: 2845 2845
 slim_d20 said
They were thinking they could pull a fast one and that murikkan people are stupid??? It's the Apple strategy .... let the stupid people pay premium price the first 3 or 4 months, then bring out the 'real' price later and get the more sensible buyers.

who knows. They built a Nexus .... and priced a samsung/iphone. The price drop will be here for Christmas tho, I'll scoop it up for $450 then.
Not only did they build a Nexus, they built a Nexus that isn't even that much better than the Nexus 6p. They have that big a.ss chin and no front facing speakers.

2 years ago '15        #8
KING SOULJA 32 heat pts32
space
space
$10,516 | Props total: 14046 14046
My mans jon4lakers

2 years ago '13        #9
King X Riece 
space
space
$3,383 | Props total: 7372 7372
Pixel should've been the Huawei Honor 8 with stock 7.1 sold unlocked for $399.99 and $499.99 and on carriers

2 years ago '08        #10
Chicken_N_I-Roc 29 heat pts29
space
space
$5,667 | Props total: 5036 5036
 bibbyboi said
Trying to be like the iPhone .

Nah seriously though, I think they are going to push it with the idea that google a.ssistant as the selling point. It's a good phone but I think they rushed the whole pixel idea. Like they were originally going to still sell it as a Nexus but for some reason felt like they NEEDED the pixel line to drop with Google a.ssistant as an exclusive.

I think it's a win for google if they get it sold on all carriers. Most people buy phones through carriers and can swallow the $30 a month over $400+ up front. I'm still going to try my best to buy unlocked but if this is going to be the standard price for Pixel/Nexus phones I'm going to probably have to go back to payments with the carrier. I hope they bring it to T-Mob next go round.

Like @ was saying, this isn't really worth the price. At the very least waterproofing should be standard by now. I also don't get why they added SD support back into Android, made a huge deal about it, but don't offer it in their phones that are meant to showcase what they want Android to be.
They have a payment plan on Google Play.

2 years ago '10        #11
eblackman 6 heat pts
space
space
$70 | Props total: 145 145
Yes they have payment plan on google play called google finance but you have to apply for it and the loan is through Synchrony Bank.

E

2 years ago '05        #12
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 eblackman said
Yes they have payment plan on google play called google finance but you have to apply for it and the loan is through Synchrony Bank.

E
Damn, I thought it was similar to the carriers installment plans. Google got people going through banks just to get a phone.

2 years ago '09        #13
Tiko377 1966 heat pts1966 OP
space
space
$16,943 | Props total: 11941 11941
 Y.G. said
Damn, I thought it was similar to the carriers installment plans. Google got people going through banks just to get a phone.
I saw on a board that the interest rate was like 29.99

2 years ago '10        #14
onlybuilt1906 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,870 | Props total: 1797 1797
With the Note 7 dead, safe to say this is the flagship high-end Android phone?

2 years ago '06        #15
RaulG 
space
space
space
$1,352 | Props total: 373 373
You can get the Google Pixel with financing when you buy it from the Google Play store.

Its interest free and you have 24 months to pay it off.

If you dont pay it in 24 months then you will be charged the 29.99 percent interest.

2 years ago '05        #16
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 onlybuilt1906 said
Nope. S VII edge is still the phone to beat. Pixel is overpriced.

2 years ago '04        #17
fat_boyy21 329 heat pts329
space
space
$9,991 | Props total: 4015 4015
 onlybuilt1906 said
After owning a 6p I think Google's definitely gonna come through with the Pixel... In about a week or so all the reviewers will have one in their hands so we'll find out soon

2 years ago '08        #18
Chicken_N_I-Roc 29 heat pts29
space
space
$5,667 | Props total: 5036 5036
 Y.G. said
 Tiko377 said
I saw on a board that the interest rate was like 29.99
It's essentially the same thing. Carrier's put you on a payment plan and make you pay the taxes of the phone upfront. It will get financed by the carrier and if you miss payments, the carrier can make it effect your credit just like a bank.

The interest rate your talking about is probably your first initial payment. Never heard of making your interest rate 29.99. It's probably a way for them make sure you make payments and not run off with the device or it's false information.

2 years ago '04        #19
J.BEEZY 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,891 | Props total: 3922 3922
 Chicken_N_I-Roc said
It's essentially the same thing. Carrier's put you on a payment plan and make you pay the taxes of the phone upfront. It will get financed by the carrier and if you miss payments, the carrier can make it effect your credit just like a bank.

The interest rate your talking about is probably your first initial payment. Never heard of making your interest rate 29.99. It's probably a way for them make sure you make payments and not run off with the device or it's false information.
If u don't pay, it sounds like a free loan if u make the required payments

Home      

most viewed right now
+34online now  36
Image(s) inside LMAO:LA Legend BIG BOY IS ETHERING Blueface To His FACE & Take Shade A..
119 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+59online now  26
Image(s) inside Tall Sierra Leonean beauty 😍
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+72online now  21
Image(s) inside Angela Simmons
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside James Gunn made another movie & the concept looks fun, kinda scary and ..
38 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+278online now  17
Image(s) inside How COULD JAY Z LET THIS HAPPEN To His HOMETOWN ???
225 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+39online now  9
Image(s) inside Adult Film Great Bella Bellz
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  9
NBA ANDREW WIGGINS just made TIMBERWOLVES FRANCHISE HISTORY :mjdamn: