squad up!

Galaxy S8 Slated To Come With A Fingerprint Scanner Under The Glass And No Bezels

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '07        #1
3515 page views
42 comments

Jago 1105 heat pts1105
space
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 7270 7270
Galaxy S8 Slated To Come With A Fingerprint Scanner Under The Glass And No Bezels

With the looming possibility of a second Galaxy Note 7 recall in light of recent events, there's no question that Samsung's next flagship will need to be something particularly special. Consumer trust in the firm has been hit considerably over the past month or so, and aside from being exempt from any battery issues, the next major Galaxy will have to be a real showstopper. Likely to be called the Galaxy S8, previous scraps have suggested that the device(s) will include a 4K display for VR among other features. Now, a new report out of Sammy's native Korea has dished out some very exciting information.

First and foremost, ETNews suggests that the Galaxy S8 will do away with the home button, with the fingerprint sensor instead baked into the display itself. Given that the Note 7 is now curved-edge-only, it has been speculated that the Galaxy S8 will do likewise and ditch the flat panel option altogether. Interestingly, this report adds that the S8's curved display could extend to the top and bottom, giving the device a truly full-screen finish. Yep, the Galaxy S8 could be completely bezel-free.

The report also suggests that the handset will include dual rear cameras. Huawei, Apple, Xiaomi and HTC are among the many companies to have experimented with such a feature, and it looks like Samsung will soon join the party. According to the component industry source behind the report, the decision to go with two main shooters has been finalized by Samsung, but the company is still debating whether to go with all-in-one dual-cameras or separated dual-cameras.

A completely bezel-free smartphone is something that we know many of our readers would love, and is the sort of eye-opening feature that Samsung will probably need after this ongoing Note 7 fiasco.

Would you consider a Galaxy S8 with an all-curved-edge display and built-in fingerprint sensor? Be sure to let us know what you think in the comments.
visit this link Galaxy S8 to be completely bezel-less with fingerprint-sensing display and dual rear cameras

42 comments for "Galaxy S8 Slated To Come With A Fingerprint Scanner Under The Glass And No Bezels"

2 years ago '08        #2
tico86 181 heat pts181
space
space
$4,441 | Props total: 8806 8806
Day one cop

Apple will copy this in 4 years, and claim it as innovative and the best thing ever. Apple stay playing the catch up game. Apple's idea of innovation these days is removing features and making their customers buy more adapters and accessories.

2 years ago '07        #3
21 1527 heat pts1527
space
space
$61,910 | Props total: 64992 64992
lol people who bought the note lost if this ends up to be true.

2 years ago '13        #4
Erma Gerd 298 heat pts298
space
space
$18,203 | Props total: 26771 26771
Real innovation

2 years ago '06        #5
servesurite 44 heat pts44
space
space
$9,713 | Props total: 1887 1887
lol!!

2 years ago '04        #6
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,546 | Props total: 880 880
Samsung might don't make it to see the S8s lol

2 years ago '05        #7
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,223 | Props total: 18164 18164
 SFamilyRep said
As soon as rumors of the iPhone 8 having touch ID under the screen and being fully bezel-less here comes Samsung to copy & rush to market the Galaxy 8

........I'm sure they'll have explosive results as well
There are phones with sensors under the glass already. And bezel-less rumors for the S VIII have been floating around since early summer.

iStanleys even think that rumors are copied from their precious phone.

2 years ago '15        #8
micropave 1795 heat pts1795
space
space
$7,320 | Props total: 56808 56808
Not possible unless it stops being a phone, still needs at least a top bezel to hear your phone call. And what about the front facing camera

2 years ago '05        #9
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Liquid-Science said
Samsung might don't make it to see the S8s lol
Naw buddy, profit is up. They're fine.

If Toyota can have cars that k!lled people recalled and still sell enough vehicles to be the #1 manufacturer in the world, Samsung damn sure won't be affected by their recall.

2 years ago '04        #10
fat_boyy21 329 heat pts329
space
space
$9,974 | Props total: 3921 3921
Are the phone explosions gonna stay under the glass ?

2 years ago '04        #11
space
space
space
 Y.G. said
Naw buddy, profit is up. They're fine.

If Toyota can have cars that k!lled people recalled and still sell enough vehicles to be the #1 manufacturer in the world, Samsung damn sure won't be affected by their recall.
I got a note 7 and I'm sure a lot more people feel the same as I do...if this muthafu*ka is recalled again, I'm never buying another Samsung phone

the results for this note 7 issue will be felt most when it's time for the S8s...are people going to trust buying those first batches of the phone? will people say fu*k it and hold out for the Iphone 8?

2 years ago '05        #12
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Liquid-Science said
I got a note 7 and I'm sure a lot more people feel the same as I do...if this muthafu*ka is recalled again, I'm never buying another Samsung phone

the results for this note 7 issue will be felt most when it's time for the S8s...are people going to trust buying those first batches of the phone? will people say fu*k it and hold out for the Iphone 8?
The phone won't be recalled again.

And while you may feel like that, as I said before, people died because of Toyota's fock up with it's cars. It took a sales dip for year and came right back to the top spot. People died and still bought Toyota cars. If people can quickly forget death by car crash, what makes you think people won't forget a phone with a bad battery?

2 years ago '13        #13
Monsoon520 3 heat pts
space
space
$574 | Props total: 469 469
 tico86 said
Day one cop

Apple will copy this in 4 years, and claim it as innovative and the best thing ever. Apple stay playing the catch up game. Apple's idea of innovation these days is removing features and making their customers buy more adapters and accessories.
id rather buy adapters(i wont anyways because of bluetooth) then have 3rd degree burns/medical bills or have to buy a new vehicle from an exploding sammy

2 years ago '07        #14
Jago 1105 heat pts1105 OP
space
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 7270 7270
 Monsoon520 said
id rather buy adapters(i wont anyways because of bluetooth) then have 3rd degree burns/medical bills or have to buy a new vehicle from an exploding sammy
They determined that the guy who lost his Jeep started the fire. So if your car does explode, it'd be because you set it on fire trying to defraud your insurance.

2 years ago '04        #15
space
space
space
 Jago said
They determined that the guy who lost his Jeep started the fire. So if your car does explode, it'd be because you set it on fire trying to defraud your insurance.
where's a link?

I saw a lot of people were making up stories for attention but can't find one saying he made his story up

2 years ago '08        #16
tico86 181 heat pts181
space
space
$4,441 | Props total: 8806 8806
 Liquid-Science said
where's a link?

I saw a lot of people were making up stories for attention but can't find one saying he made his story up
google bro. took me 30 seconds,

According to St. Pete Patch:

It was reported that a Samsung Galaxy Note7 was in the vehicle at the time of the fire and there were allegations that it may have been the cause. After a thorough investigation, fire investigators did not find a cause for the fire.

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '07        #17
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,444 | Props total: 8443 8443
Why did you have to tell me this... my decision to upgrade just got more difficult

2 years ago '11        #18
Blinx 182 52 heat pts52
space
space
$3,786 | Props total: 6608 6608
 tico86 said
Day one cop

What's the point of talking about who "copied" who? Nobody talks about how the iPhone 5S had a fingerprint reader in 2013, before the Galaxy S5 in 2014--because it's stupid. Samsung customers shouldn't get to enjoy fingerprint scanners just because somebody did it before them? That's not good business sense.

Apple has patents on wraparound displays . Fingerprints under the screen? A patent for a display with stuff hidden behind it came up again this week (""). LG even showed a demo of that kind of tech this year (May: ). Nobody is really "out-innovating" each other, unless one of them nails the UX.

Did you forget that Samsung also removed features from their phones? They experimented with removing expandable memory and swappable batteries with the S6 (). They brought back one of those things with the latest flagships.

2 years ago '16        #19
Teknicks 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,869 | Props total: 15711 15711
 SFamilyRep said
As soon as rumors of the iPhone 8 having touch ID under the screen and being fully bezel-less here comes Samsung to copy & rush to market the Galaxy 8

........I'm sure they'll have explosive results as well
You think Apple makes displays?

:jtlol:

They buy bottom of the barrel displays from Samsumg and LG lol the iPhone 7 has a 2012 display on it lol

2 years ago '16        #20
Teknicks 1 heat pts
space
space
 Blinx 182 said
What's the point of talking about who "copied" who? Nobody talks about how the iPhone 5S had a fingerprint reader in 2013, before the Galaxy S5 in 2014--because it's stupid. Samsung customers shouldn't get to enjoy fingerprint scanners just because somebody did it before them? That's not good business sense.

Apple has patents on wraparound displays . Fingerprints under the screen? A patent for a display with stuff hidden behind it came up again this week (""). LG even showed a demo of that kind of tech this year (May: ). Nobody is really "out-innovating" each other, unless one of them nails the UX.

Did you forget that Samsung also removed features from their phones? They experimented with removing expandable memory and swappable batteries with the S6 (). They brought back one of those things with the latest flagships.

Go to bed kid. Apple is only first when it comes to the processor. Which would be cool but they don't let you use that power any way. They push the phones processors so eventually they will run Mac Books off souped up iPhone chips. They don't care about making the actual features better.

Most of Apple's patents don't stand up in court because there is prior art. Look up at how patents work. And fingerprint scanners were on Android first like everything else..

2 years ago '11        #21
Blinx 182 52 heat pts52
space
space
$3,786 | Props total: 6608 6608
 Teknicks said
Go to bed kid. Apple is only first when it comes to the processor. Which would be cool but they don't let you use that power any way. They push the phones processors so eventually they will run Mac Books off souped up iPhone chips. They don't care about making the actual features better.

Most of Apple's patents don't stand up in court because there is prior art. Look up at how patents work. And fingerprint scanners were on Android first like everything else..
We were talking between Apple and Samsung, not Apple and a bunch of other OEMs. There's no "team Android", because it's every man for himself. I mentioned Apple having a fingerprint scanner first with the 5S (In regards to Samsung) to show how silly it is to say that because somebody did something first, other customers from other companies should never benefit.

I never asked you to tell me your opinion on your experience on an iPhone or what processors you think macs will run eventually (And why would I even care?).

2 years ago '11        #22
wjcorner 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,776 | Props total: 3587 3587
sh*t sounds smooth but I'm gonna have a newborn in the house, can't have my phone spontaneously combusting

2 years ago '16        #23
Teknicks 1 heat pts
space
space
 Blinx 182 said
We were talking between Apple and Samsung, not Apple and a bunch of other OEMs. There's no "team Android", because it's every man for himself. I mentioned Apple having a fingerprint scanner first with the 5S (In regards to Samsung) to show how silly it is to say that because somebody did something first, other customers from other companies should never benefit.

I never asked you to tell me your opinion on your experience on an iPhone or what processors you think macs will run eventually (And why would I even care?).
Then how is Samsung copying Apple if someone else did it first?

2 years ago '05        #24
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Teknicks said
Then how is Samsung copying Apple if someone else did it first?
Meant to slap Blinx's post

2 years ago '07        #25
DIPSET101 30 heat pts30
space
space
$10,848 | Props total: 13130 13130
I swear it seems like they drop a new s series every 3 months

Home      

most viewed right now
 NBA Rondo on Paul hes a horrible teammate
38 comments
36 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WOW SHOTS FIRED!! KATT WILLIAMS GOING AT KEVIN HART NECK!!!!!!! (On hi..
83 comments
5 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL BREAKING: Giants trading Eli Apple to New Orleans Saints
130 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Vladtv interview that led to AR-AB downfall.....
40 comments
6 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 CubanDoll hospitalized after slicing open Rocky Badd
15 comments
37 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Shorty is damn near 50 but living like a young IG thot
69 comments
5 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
How have you been pronouncing this word?
23 comments
5 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron throws teammates under bus in post game interview
47 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jada Finally Penetrates Will.
21 comments
5 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside What Kinda Man Would I Be If I Didnt Make Her A Babymama
15 comments
6 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside GAME OVER: Samsung has developed a battery that fully charges in 12 mi..
5 comments
9 minutes ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NBA Derozan for Kawhi = Both Teams Won?
46 comments
6 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Oct 23 - Breaking: Body parts of journalist Jamal Khashoggi have been found
8 comments
5 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Avengers 4 Photo, Spoiler Alert
2 comments
37 minutes ago
@movies
most viewed right now
MMA YOOO KHABIB REALLY REALLY STUDIED CONOR MCGREGOR before the FIGHT :mjwow:
29 comments
5 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA Rule Changes Lead To Offensive Explosion League Wide
68 comments
5 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Oct 23 - Study on race bias in law enforcement has surprising results.
55 comments
5 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside why Joe dressed like a gay Kung Loa?
63 comments
6 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DRAKE is OFFICIALLY an OWNER of 100 THIEVES ESPORT COMPANY with MASSIVE..
14 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL So It Begins , Reports From Giants Camp Say More Changes To Come
22 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
DrizzyStan06
Blkboipurp
Sin
Young Professa
Blaffy
yougonluvme
TheRealFetti
86'd
DaDon23
TVR
Top 10 most slapped recently
suavehooper
two-face
danneywilliams
g0dfather
uoeno
Adwerdz
OG Phil Jackson
Dun Language
Rule 336

most viewed right now
online now  58
FBG Wooski shot in head at friends funeral
238 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  57
Image(s) inside Oct 22 - NYPD sergeant being investigated for shoving underwear down c..
147 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  48
Image(s) inside Ayisha Diaz now has onlyfans page
50 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  21
Article inside Sarah Silverman Says Louis C.K. M**turbated in Front of Her: F yeah..
140 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside LiAngelo Ball has s3x tape with a tr@nny. #BBB #BallControl
196 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  15
Video inside Lawd have mercy jazmynekyng uproarchallenge