Samsung's Galaxy S7 Edge crowned phone of the year at the Mobile Choice Awards

most viewed right now
+134  207
227 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '09        #1
1688 page views
14 comments

Tiko377 1967 heat pts1967
space
space
$16,951 | Props total: 11961 11961
Samsung's Galaxy S7 Edge crowned phone of the year at the Mobile Choice Awards

The Mobile Choice Consumer Awards are the tech awards that give members of the public the chance to vote for the phones, tablets, and networks they've been most impressed by this year.

The awards returned for their 16th year, and it was a good one for Samsung – not only did the smartphone manufacturer pick up the award for the best phone of the year with its Galaxy S7 Edge, it won the award for manufacturer of the year as well, beating out tough competition from Apple and Motorola.

Other big winners of the night included the Huawei P9 for best camer hone, with Mobile Choice readers impressed by the images its dual-lens is able to capture. Apple's iPad Pro 12.9 walked away with Best Tablet of the year and HTC Vive was crowned king of the virtual reality headsets – a category in which the Oculus Rift didn't feature at all.

The best of the best

Mobile Choice readers decided Lenovo's Moto Z deserved to win the award for Most Innovative Device thanks to its interesting and effective snap-on modular accessories as well as its super thin design.

EE took home the award for Best Network, beating out other big players Three and Vodafone but didn't win the award for Best Value Network which went to Virgin Media instead.

Our Verdict:
Five stars to Samsung, as the brand iterates perfectly on an already award-winning smartphone, adding a brilliant camera and gorgeous design.

FOR
Beautiful screen
Great feel
Super camera

AGAINST
Slight plastic feel
Expensive

visit this link http://www.techradar.com/ .. awards-1330061

14 comments for "Samsung's Galaxy S7 Edge crowned phone of the year at the Mobile Choice Awards"

2 years ago '16        #2
PartiaI Reader 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,102 | Props total: 7445 7445

2 years ago '10        #3
Daunte Bx718 
space
space
$1,454 | Props total: 482 482
wow im witnessing the fall of the note series and the rise of the galaxy S series. smh

2 years ago '04        #4
xiahadix 
space
space
$4,373 | Props total: 887 887
 Daunte Bx718 said
wow im witnessing the fall of the note series and the rise of the galaxy S series. smh
nah, the note 7 is straight fire ( no pun intended ) i love this phone....but due to the complications they cant rate it as top phone of the year.....but prior to all that sh*t happening Note 7 was king

2 years ago '10        #5
GBREEZE 275 heat pts275
space
space
$12,991 | Props total: 10754 10754
My Note 7 is the best smartphone i ever had

2 years ago '16        #6
Ravishing 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,669 | Props total: 7105 7105
They also won Manufacturer of the Year from them. Other winners:
1. Huawei P9 wins Camera Phone of the Year
2. Mobile Choice Consumer Awards 2016: The devices that made the cut!
3. EE wins Best Network
4. Mobile Choice Consumer Awards 2016: The retailers who made the cut!
5. Sony Xperia M5 wins the Best Value Phone (under £150) of the year
6. Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 wins the Best Value Phone (under £300) of the year
7. Oppo PM-3 wins Headphone of the Year
8. Apple iPad Pro 12.9 wins Tablet of the Year
9. Samsung win Manufacturer of the year
10. Hive Active Heating wins Connected Gadget of the Year
11. Virgin Media wins Best Value Network
12. Envirofone win Best Recycling Service 2016
13. Three wins Best In-Store Customer Experience
14. Carphone Warehouse win Best High Street retailer
15. O2 wins Best Customer Care
16. mobiles.co.uk wins Best Online Retailer
17. Lenovo Moto Z wins Most Innovative Device 2016
18. Mobile Choice Consumer Awards 2016: Here are the winners!
(it's on the left side)

Those Oppo headphones feel like pillows on your ear. In regards to the sound quality, I was not blown away or anything (it did impress a friend of mine although...he does walk around with a low-to-midrange pair of SkullCandy headphones so... )

If you put a lot of stock into DxOMark's rating, the Huawei P9 is an "80" on there.

xiahadix said
nah, the note 7 is straight fire ( no pun intended ) i love this phone....but due to the complications they cant rate it as top phone of the year.....but prior to all that sh*t happening Note 7 was king
That shouldn't stop them especially since there are working replacements for the device.

Last edited by Ravishing; 10-07-2016 at 09:47 AM..

2 years ago '04        #7
xiahadix 
space
space
$4,373 | Props total: 887 887
 Ravishing said

(it's on the left side)

Those Oppo headphones feel like pillows on your ear. In regards to the sound quality, I was not blown away or anything (it did impress a friend of mine although...he does walk around with a low-to-midrange pair of SkullCandy headphones so... )

If you put a lot of stock into DxOMark's rating, the Huawei P9 is an "80" on there.

That shouldn't stop them especially since there are working replacements for the device.
its too late though in the grand scheme of things....some people still dont have their replacements. My one friend was told she would have to wait until November but honestly it could be pushed back further because first they told people September 21st, then they told people October and now November....Now theres reports of the new ones catching fire on a airplane ( i hope to God the story is false because im not tryin to return mine) but all these things will probably give the Note 7 worse phone Samsung has ever made even though its the best one.

2 years ago '16        #8
Illogic 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,019 | Props total: 2750 2750
My S7 overheats. My S7 malfunctions and refuses to operate correctly. My S7 has a long pink vertical line.

The S7 is a piece of sh*t.

2 years ago '11        #9
Blinx 182 52 heat pts52
space
space
$3,794 | Props total: 6621 6621
 Ravishing said

(it's on the left side)

Did you drive it with the HA-2 and everything?

Ravishing said
I think people stopped messing with DXO after they decided to make their own camera.

2 years ago '05        #10
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,312 | Props total: 18351 18351
 Blinx 182 said
I think people stopped messing with DXO after they decided to make their own camera.
Ranking that trash camera on the Z5 as one of the best was when they got the from me.

2 years ago '06        #11
rblivewire327 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,170 | Props total: 244 244
In for the celebration

2 years ago '07        #12
varun313 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,831 | Props total: 1819 1819
my S6 edge has to have the worst battery life of any phone ever made

2 years ago '04        #13
badboy600 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 2684 2684
Other then the whole bomb ordeal the note 7 is the best phone I've ever owned. Note edge was my previous favorite

2 years ago '16        #14
Ravishing 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,669 | Props total: 7105 7105
 xiahadix said
its too late though in the grand scheme of things....some people still dont have their replacements. My one friend was told she would have to wait until November but honestly it could be pushed back further because first they told people September 21st, then they told people October and now November....Now theres reports of the new ones catching fire on a airplane ( i hope to God the story is false because im not tryin to return mine) but all these things will probably give the Note 7 worse phone Samsung has ever made even though its the best one.
Yeah...there just might be a second recall of these reports are true (they're at least stalling production for the time being)

Blinx 182 said
Did you drive it with the HA-2 and everything?
It wasn't mines but yeah the dude who had the headphones did have the amp.

2 years ago '10        #15
robfromlbc 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,404 | Props total: 18626 18626
I just picked the phone up today and it is fuccin glorious.
Best phone I've ever had.

Home      

most viewed right now
+97online now  39
Strippers long jump now?
78 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+52online now  33
Dec 12 - College teacher fired for having too much booty
111 comments