Russo Bros. Tease Civil War Is Not Over Yet

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '04        #1
3755 page views
46 comments

KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,326 | Props total: 5380 5380
Russo Bros. Tease Civil War Is Not Over Yet

Don’t say it's a ceasefire.

While some fans fell like Captain America: Civil War ended the feud between Team Iron Man and Team Cap, that might not be true. According to the Russo Brothers, Civil War was only the beginning.

In an online Q&A, Joe Russo answered a fan’s question that asked which side they believed won in Civil War. Joe responded, saying, “We always thought of this move as the start of the war. It’s not over yet.”

When fans considered the director’s word, they are not too surprising. The end of Civil War left much of the Marvel Cinematic Universe up in the air as Captain America embraced his rogue status. Iron Man was off helping Iron Patriot rehab his bunked leg, and when it came to national security, the Sokovia Accords bombed all preexisting protocols. With such unrest left behind, it’s not shocking to hear that we’ve not seen the end of Civil War just yet.

As for when fans will see its conclusion, no one knows - except for the Russo Brothers, that is. The director duo are prepping to begin production on Avengers: Infinity War at the moment, and many believe the star-studded crossover will tie up the loose ends of Civil War.

However, the pair are doing their best to approach the upcoming blockbuster with a level head. The Russo Brothers have said it will be “tricky” to make Infinity War live up to Civil War.

Joe continued, saying, “There could be a lot of pressure. We put pressure on ourselves, we feel the pressure. At the same time we have to be very zen and we have to step outside of that pressure because if you make decisions based on expectations and based on feeling that pressure, you're going to make bad decisions.”

“Ultimately, at the end of the day, the thing that we prioritize above all else is storytelling, and we just focus on the storytelling and the characters and how they fit into the narrative, and we just keep trying to tell the best story that we can every time out....We try to ignore any sort of external pressures because they can just lead you to a bad place creatively.”

When it comes to Infinity War’s story, the Russo Brothers will have plenty of material to cover. The film, which is based on a popular 1990s comic, depicts the evens which occur once Thanos accumulates all of the powerful Infinity Gems for the Infinity Gauntlet. Sources have alleged the movie will follow Thanos as he uses the intergalactic weapon to wipe out millions of lives in order to impress Mistress death, leaving the Avengers to f!ght the big purple baddie.

Clearly, the scale of Infinity War will be even bigger than that of Civil War, so the upcoming film may be the best place for the Russo Brothers to reconcile the Avenger’s bad blood there.

Avengers: Infinity War is set to release on May 4, 2018. An untitled sequel is then set to hit theaters the following year on May 3, 2019.

46 comments for "Russo Bros. Tease Civil War Is Not Over Yet"

2 years ago '04        #2
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8933 8933
Tony will press the accords onto Peter in Homecoming and try to convince him to reveal his identity.

Spidey refuses and reaches out to Cap in the aftercredits scene.

2 years ago '04        #3
KREW 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
Hopefully they pull it off right. Building up the search for the Infinity Stones while also concluding that Civil War storyline might be a lot unless they keep the Tony's Avengers and Cap's Secret/New Avengers separated

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 years ago '04        #4
regularjoe 61 heat pts61
space
space
$38,423 | Props total: 16963 16963
 One-O-One said
Tony will press the accords onto Peter in Homecoming and try to convince him to reveal his identity.

Spidey refuses and reaches out to Cap in the aftercredits scene.

That would be dope. I don't wanna see Peter reveal his identity. The journey of him siding with Tony bc he's his idol to siding with Cap bc he believes in what Cap does..... That's what I'm hoping for.

2 years ago '04        #5
KREW 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
 regularjoe said
That would be dope. I don't wanna see Peter reveal his identity. The journey of him siding with Tony bc he's his idol to siding with Cap bc he believes in what Cap does..... That's what I'm hoping for.
Peter needs that 'Ragnarok k!lling Goliath' type of moment to push him to Cap's side.

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 years ago '04        #6
regularjoe 61 heat pts61
space
space
 KREW said
Peter needs that 'Ragnarok k!lling Goliath' type of moment to push him to Cap's side.
Or it could be
[spoiler - click to view]

that makes him change his mind or open his eyes.

2 years ago '04        #7
KREW 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
 regularjoe said
Or it could be

that makes him change his mind or open his eyes.
You think

?

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 years ago '04        #8
regularjoe 61 heat pts61
space
space
 KREW said
You think

?

Noooooo. Just like the comics,

but I wanna see how they'd handle it going into future Avenger movies, etc.

2 years ago '04        #9
KREW 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
Yeah I know..

but I don't see how that would make Peter not want to give up his identity.

2 years ago '10        #10
smokinthe420 5 heat pts
space
space
$17,378 | Props total: 8799 8799
Just more action filmed great marvel movies

2 years ago '04        #11
Shizz|M 
space
space
$7,404 | Props total: 298 298
 King Tchalla said
If Captain comes back just to die...

Then that'll be realistically only 3 avenger movies Cap is in.

Smh ... Let's see how they make up for the total lack of the Skrulls. No inference of Galactus, No broader scale besides Thor and a moment of Thanos?

Look I'm liking these movies a lot, but they kinda pretending like they didn't cut a lot of corners making them films.

Like I always say with Marvel... It's how they bring together so many different aspects of the MCU.

Guardians being the link to most things across space is cutting corners. I could have gotten some teasers of Silver Surfer or Galactus or something. Instead of the pointless humor post credit scenes. Just a thought.

I'm still gonna spend my money
its the only way they can get it done with cutting those corners.. Can't use or reference SS or Galactus due to rights. So use the Group (they are big on groups obviously) GoTG who has crossed alotta paths of characters in space..

So glad they have the Kree and can use that, i a.ssume the Shi'ar and Skrull rights are with Fox and we really can't open that box that involves earth much more until we can get those rights or an agreement like sony.

to me they are doing a hell of a job with the limited resources they have to make this epic universe

2 years ago '11        #12
FcukItImOnOne 
space
space
$1,868 | Props total: 1071 1071
I think Infinity Wars will start with the Avengers still split up and doing their own things, Thanos makes his threat known and the Avengers have to struggle to come together and f!ght him. They obviously aren't a team or ready so they lose badly, someone prob dies (prob Cap), and another hero, prob Dr. Strange, shows up to help them retreat. Then Part 2 has them working with the new heroes to come together again and eventually EVERYONE gets together by the final act where EVERYTHING EVER goes down and (hopefully) everything in the MCU up to that point gets wrapped up nicely w future stories still a clear possibility & a new Avengers team coming together - hopefully Strange, Spidey, T'Challa, Ant-Man & Wasp, and 1 or 2 left over OG Avengers.

Last edited by FcukItImOnOne; 09-23-2016 at 11:30 AM..

2 years ago '09        #13
sammcc30 
space
space
$1,980 | Props total: 1755 1755
 King Tchalla said

Smh ... Let's see how they make up for the total lack of the Skrulls. No inference of Galactus, No broader scale besides Thor and a moment of Thanos?

Look I'm liking these movies a lot, but they kinda pretending like they didn't cut a lot of corners making them films.

Like I always say with Marvel... It's how they bring together so many different aspects of the MCU.

Guardians being the link to most things across space is cutting corners. I could have gotten some teasers of Silver Surfer or Galactus or something. Instead of the pointless humor post credit scenes. Just a thought.

They have to cut corners its not a graphic novel that can go on for 300 pages, they only have a certain amount of time to tell a story

2 years ago '05        #14
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,414 | Props total: 4045 4045
Thanos actually looks good unlike apocalypse

2 years ago '07        #15
calle13 457 heat pts457
space
space
$5,946 | Props total: 11030 11030
Blah....

2 years ago '13        #16
stranjadanja 45 heat pts45
space
space
$6,778 | Props total: 7908 7908
@ your avy is incredible

2 years ago '06        #17
StreetZ17 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,848 | Props total: 503 503
Maybe

Then again that's the other Civil War with Captain Marvel. Which

That's an ideal turn around.

Too much?

2 years ago '16        #18
TrillPeez 12 heat pts12
space
space
$8,317 | Props total: 19368 19368
 King Tchalla said

You mean you're upset they didn't use characters they don't have rights to?

2 years ago '04        #19
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$17,583 | Props total: 8642 8642
It would've been dope as fu*k to be able to get the get Silver Surfer in this universe

2 years ago '04        #20
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8933 8933
 Cutty Olds said
It would've been dope as fu*k to be able to get the get Silver Surfer in this universe
MCU Phase Fant4stic

When S.W.O.R.D. is a.ssembled after Thanos' invasion..

2 years ago '04        #21
Ra-da-god 35 heat pts35
space
space
$12,970 | Props total: 3606 3606
 King Tchalla said
They didn't need the Skrulls that was the whole point of going with the Chitawri instead as it was them that invaded earth in the place of the Skrulls in the Ultimate universe they didn't cut corners they chose to go with an equally huge event that they actually owned the rights to remember the movies pull from the 616 and Ultimate universes.

King Tchalla said
Guardians being the link to most things across space is cutting corners. I could have gotten some teasers of Silver Surfer or Galactus or something. Instead of the pointless humor post credit scenes. Just a thought
bruh thats exactly what they did when they showed the origin of the infinity stones with the eternals, the point of showing that scene was Marvel saying "at some point we are going to explore this" they dont need to waist it right when Thanos is the main villian throwing Galactus in the mix would muddle things plus FOX still own that character and the Silver surfer

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 09-23-2016 at 03:17 PM..

2 years ago '11        #22
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,062 | Props total: 8375 8375
I didn't read the original .
Doesn't

for thanos to have all the stones?

2 years ago '13        #23
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
$14,809 | Props total: 22808 22808
“There could be a lot of pressure. We put pressure on ourselves, we feel the pressure. At the same time we have to be very zen and we have to step outside of that pressure because if you make decisions based on expectations and based on feeling that pressure, you're going to make bad decisions.

Shots fired. They know who they are.

2 years ago '09        #24
whodatb1 326 heat pts326
space
space
space
$22,782 | Props total: 17941 17941
makes sense ..... new rumor is .......

2 years ago '04        #25
DavidMSaze 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$969 | Props total: 250 250
Secret invasion. They (the krill)kidnapped tony and a couple of them a while back. Calling it now.

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  52
Image(s) inside AY Y wud I post ya sister ?! (when I could just post her fam & friends..
101 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+51online now  44
Image(s) inside Winnie Harlow breaks the internet
99 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+30online now  30
Video inside Chris Hansen still catching dudes
40 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  21
Dec 15 - "saddam hussein" was allegedly found in a spider hole bunker 15 years..
154 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+61online now  19
Video inside This is the reason JayZ dropped his surprise album on Nas' release week..
100 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-20online now  16
Video inside She feeling you and wants to...
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  15
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - The Next 3 States to Legalize Recreational Pot
145 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
-22online now  11
Dec 15 - 10 year old boy in drag danced for money at a NY gay bar. MSM Silent!..
130 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy