Sep 13 - POLL: Should prostitution be legal in New Jersey?

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
should prostitution be legal in new jersey

3 years ago '16        #1
574 page views
15 comments

Realfreesmoke  122 heat pts122
space
space
$4,589   Props total: 8904 8904
Sep 13 - POLL: Should prostitution be legal in New Jersey?

NEWARK ó The weekend arrests of four women and nine men on prostitution-related charges has spurred a debate about whether or not paid s*x should be illegal in the Garden State.

Continuing a campaign it began this summer, the New Jersey chapter of the ACLU slammed the Newark police for the arrests, arguing that officers should instead be focusing on more violent crimes in the city. ACLU Executive Director Udi Ofer also said that the arrests "harm public safety by stoking fear of police among s*x workers, dissuading vulnerable communities from reaching out to police."

But, the city's Public Safety Director Anthony Ambrose countered that prostitution is one of the most common complaints the department receives from residents. And, argued that it could not selectively enforce laws.

ACLU to Newark: Stop arresting prostitutes
ACLU to Newark: Stop arresting prostitutes
The American Civil Liberties Union is taking the city's police department to task for s*x crime arrests it called a misuse of officers' time.

"We address all complaints received in my office or by my officers regardless of whether they are minor or serious," he said.

ADVERTISING

NJ.com readers Monday had strikingly differing opinions on the issue, with some coming out against the ACLU and the idea that s*x crimes would be legal, some saying that legalizing prostitution is a good idea, and others arguing that the police are in the right, because regardless of what the law should be, they are enforcing what it is now.

"Prostitution is legal in Nevada, and it should be legal in New Jersey along with marijuana," save1nj said. "Tax both and let's move on to robbery, r*pe and murder."

But many readers, like Retired Chemist, said the ACLU was way off base.

"What about the people that have to live in the neighborhoods where this is conducted?" Retired Chemist asked. "This is not a victimless crime"

User nexus70 didn't give an opinion on legalization, but criticized the ACLU's a*sertion that the police department shouldn't enforce current laws.

"They should lobby to change the law if they have a problem with it," nexus70 said. "They should NOT, however, tell a city's police force not to enforce laws."

What do you think? Vote in our poll and share your opinion in the comments section below.

so what yall think imageimage

best
worst
15 comments

3 years ago '14        #2
titans7  3 heat pts3
space
space
$11,454   Props total: 30638 30638
Make prostitution and gambling legal but regulate it and tax it. Stop telling adults what to do with their money.

Megamillions is over 100 mill and powerball is over 200 mill so if I win big I should be able to legally pay a perfect ten of a woman to have s*x with my ugly fat a*s.

3 years ago '16        #3
3 bs  44 heat pts44
space
space
$15,744   Props total: 34066 34066
Should be legal, why not? Doesn't mean there needs to be a brothel in every town

Also no jail time for drug addicts and include rehab/therapy for prisoners

No more wars, spend more money on health care/research

The new America

3 years ago '07        #4
yolaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$6,866   Props total: 16753 16753
"Prostitution is legal in Nevada, and it should be legal in New Jersey along with marijuana," save1nj said. "Tax both and let's move on to robbery, r*pe and murder."

3 years ago '15        #5
SeraphKin  10 heat pts10
space
space
$10,649   Props total: 45269 45269
People arrested must have been privileged to even consider this.

3 years ago '15        #6
Swavey  152 heat pts152
space
space
$12,413   Props total: 50026 50026
Nah

3 years ago '11        #7
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
$34,642   Props total: 109054 109054
i voted no but a few of the comments have made me reconsider

i really just don't want that sh*t near my house

3 years ago '12        #8
Ricky Retardo  49 heat pts49
space
space
$8,459   Props total: 24994 24994

"What about the people that have to live in the neighborhoods where this is conducted?" Retired Chemist asked. "This is not a victimless crime"

it's not the 80s there aren't too many hoe strolls. Most went digital ie; Backpage and it's not like they fu*kin outside.
If there are street walkers they're crack heads or dope fiends.

either way garden state gonna get the Money

3 years ago '07        #9
Ham Rove  3541 heat pts3541
space
space
$58,569   Props total: 36007 36007
yep should be taxed and regulated.

You're never getting rid of the oldest profession

3 years ago '16        #10
Realfreesmoke  122 heat pts122 OP
space
space
$4,589   Props total: 8904 8904
i say yes but i also feel like this gonna open up more fu*kery

3 years ago '04        #11
killnarmy  28 heat pts28
space
space
$2,243   Props total: 3331 3331
Its crazy how being a pr0n star is legal but prostitution isn't, its pretty much the same thing, except you're not getting filmed.

3 years ago '14        #12
NewLegends  133 heat pts133
space
space
$11,639   Props total: 14030 14030
 killnarmy said
Its crazy how being a pr0n star is legal but prostitution isn't, its pretty much the same thing, except you're not getting filmed.
This

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  29
Image(s) inside Official Halloween Dope costume Thread ! 👻👹😈&#..
79 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+61online now  27
Still the greatest kill in cinema history
117 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+129online now  20
Video inside Old Head Tank Confirms heís Gay