ReCore Official Thread

view more...

most viewed right now
+19  75
68 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Cop 10 66.67%
Pass 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '12        #1
5031 page views
102 comments

Faythung 1391 heat pts1391
space
space
$15,382 | Props total: 10231 10231
ReCore Official Thread

Publisher: Comcept, Armature Studio
Developer: Microsoft Studios
Platforms: X1, Windows
Release Date: September 13(NA), September 16(EU)
Price: $40

About the Game -

From the legendary creator Keiji Inafune, and the makers of Metroid Prime comes ReCore, an action-adventure crafted for a new generation. As one of the last remaining humans on a planet controlled by robotic foes bent on your destruction, you must forge friendships with a courageous group of robot companions, each with unique abilities and powers.

Lead this band of unlikely heroes on an epic adventure through a mysterious, dynamic world. You can’t save mankind alone. Survival Starts in the Core.

Media -

Videos -

Images -

Last edited by Faythung; 09-09-2016 at 12:08 PM..

102 comments for "ReCore Official Thread"

2 years ago '12        #2
Faythung 1391 heat pts1391 OP
space
space
Reviews -

GameSpot - 6
ReCore's missteps are a real shame, because it can be quite charming otherwise. It has the heart of a PS2 or Gamecube-era platformer, with its floating lifebars, bright laser beams that fill the screen like a Dreamcast shoot-'em-up, and glowing gems that bounce around. Amongst all the slick, modern day video game productions, it stands out as an endearing throwback.

I wanted to like it more, and had it not overstayed its welcome, I would have. But in the end, like its robots, ReCore is a game with a bright soul encased in parts that are used well past their prime.

Good
Shooting feels fast, frenetic, and satisfying
CoreBots are charming characters
Lots of small touches of environmental storytelling

Bad
Crashes and UI bugs
Long loading times
Fetch quest detracts from the whole experience

IGN - 7.3
I didn’t expect ReCore to be quite as big as it is, and from the looks of things, it’s possible its developers didn’t either. Its world, while interesting to explore for a good while, is ultimately too big with too little happening in it to be a totally serviceable housing for the strong combat and platforming gameplay within. It feels like a great, arcadey action platformer spread across too big a canvas, and it asks you to draw back over the same lines a few too many times.

Polygon - 6.5
Recore isn’t a disaster, as much as the bizarre structure and hoops it made me jump through left a bad taste in my mouth. At its heart, there’s a game with some good ideas and great spins on action-game conceits that don’t see a lot of play this console generation. When it’s working, Recore is a game that feels evocative of a different era of action games. But in its final half, Comcept and Armature let collect-a-thon structure and a poorly realized open world drag the whole thing back down to earth.

Destructoid - 4/10
Giving the player the option to scour every nook and cranny for collectibles is a viable method of unstructured game design. But, requiring them to do this to finish the game (with a near-worthless map, to boot) is unforgivable. If you still had good will stored up for ReCore, it will most likely be gone when you get here.
It's all a shame because ReCore*shows so much promise in its opening hours.

It's easy to envision a way in which all those ideas could manifest into something great. They don't, though. Instead, it's just a jumble of mechanics that never jell, gameplay that grows stale far too quick, and insulting design. System failure.

GamesRadar - 2/5
Somewhere in ReCore is a good game. Joule and her companions are instantly likable. Far Eden's tale is an intriguing one. Thanks to her agility and rocket boots, Joule is a satisfying character to control. The game's core (apologies for using a pun I'd avoided this whole review) is solid. It's just too bad that the frame supporting it isn't.

USGamer - 3/5
ReCore is a style of game we haven't seen in a while. Part Mega Man Legends, part Metroid Prime, ReCore puts exploration and platforming at the forefront. With your trusty corebot pals, you'll double jump and dash through an open world and some damned fiendish dungeons. While ReCore trips up a bit with some odd combat and gating mechanics, it's still worth your time if you remember how platforming was in the old days.

GodIsAGeek - 8
At times, it also seems that more could have been done to make the Corebots truly essential, perhaps with the addition of more taxing environmental puzzles. While abilities like Mack’s digging in the sand feel useful in the moment, they’re quite often the kind of skills that Joule’s highly-advanced exo-suit technology could probably manage without external help.

Wearing its influences so proudly is one of ReCore’s greatest strengths. It borrows unashamedly, but with such respect and ingenuity that it still manages to feel unique to itself. While the core mechanics will be familiar to any gamer with enough experience, there’s enough here to ensure that ReCore feels like something fresh and fun.

Metacritic -

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Faythung; 09-13-2016 at 01:38 PM..

2 years ago '12        #3
space
space
News -

Microsoft exclusive ReCore is superb fun and just what the Xbox One needs
When Microsoft first unveiled ReCore at E3 2015 it did so with a sense of mystery.
The trailer that rolled gave audiences a glimpse at a young women and her robot dog traversing a massive desert and instantly had Xbox owners sitting up to take notice of this excellent looking new title.

Equally, this was before Microsoft mentioned that it would be made by “the makers of Metroid Prime” or have*influential*former Capcom employee and Mega Man illustrator Keiji Inafune on board.

12 months later and having seen the game up close, we can safely say that what we played was nothing like what we had come to expect.

ReCore, as it turns out, isn't a slow-paced and spectacle initially hinted at, but rather an all guns blazing action-platformer with a series of*puzzle solving moments thrown in for good measure.

It might not have been what we were expecting, or hoping for, but we can confidently say that ReCore is an intense and addictive (if limited) experience.

ReCore feels more Metroid than Mega Man
If you're looking for pedigree, it doesn't really come much stronger than this. Directed by the man who helmed the Metroid Prime trilogy. Written by the man who helped build the Halo universe. And with the involvement of an outspoken Japanese development legend who's never far away from the headlines.
So why aren't more people getting excited about Windows 10 and Xbox One exclusive ReCore?

Perhaps it's the less than stellar reputation of Comcept, the Japanese studio headed up by Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune, most recently responsible for the troubled Mighty No. 9. Maybe it's the price point - ReCore will be coming in at £29.99, undercutting its competition by some margin - giving rise to a perception of it as something of a budget game.

Or maybe it's because ReCore's blend of exploration and action doesn't lend itself so well to an E3 stage or a two-minute trailer. Having sampled some 30 minutes of the game, there's a definite spark to be found in its wastelands, and amidst the sand-dusted ruins that have more personality than your average post-apocalyptic backdrop. It's clear, too, that this is much more Metroid than Mega Man, with gear gating and traversal puzzles that will be familiar to anyone who's played the Prime trilogy.

Staten's been on board with ReCore since Microsoft signed it up, working alongside Armature to shape and build a world that, like Halo and Destiny, is a science fiction that's powered by a sense of fantasy, and a deep underlying mystery. It's a more modest game than either of those, but it's also one that is deserving of respect and that might well be a pleasant surprise for many when it comes out in September.
"I fervently preach the gospel that everything has the chance to be a Halo, or the chance to be a Destiny," says Staten of ReCore's chances of catching on. "You just have to build it right. So that means making a world that people want to spend time in, a world where people find mystery around every corner.

And you can see that spirit in ReCore. It's hopefully one of the things I bring to this game. Let's build it big, let's build it for the future. If we're lucky enough to get a sequel, great, we've already got some ideas. Every game has a shot, every game should be given the right chance to succeed at that level, and I hope ReCore does. It's got a lot of heart."

Last edited by Faythung; 09-09-2016 at 12:06 PM..

2 years ago '05        #4
WCIB 120 heat pts120
space
space
$26,508 | Props total: 12730 12730
EDIT @

Last edited by WCIB; 09-09-2016 at 12:07 PM..

2 years ago '12        #5
space
space
It's $40, for anyone wondering.

2 years ago '12        #6
space
space
Edit:
[pic - click to view]

@

Last edited by Faythung; 09-09-2016 at 12:09 PM..

2 years ago '05        #7
WCIB 120 heat pts120
space
space
$26,508 | Props total: 12730 12730
EDIT: @

Last edited by WCIB; 09-09-2016 at 12:15 PM..

2 years ago '04        #8
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,587 | Props total: 5197 5197
Already preloaded and ready to go Monday night... Now all I need is a cuphead release date and I can be happy.

2 years ago '05        #9
P-Hill|M 28 heat pts28
space
space
$38,939 | Props total: 15069 15069
 Faythung said
It's $40, for anyone wondering.
any particular reason why?

2 years ago '14        #10
LocdUpProd 677 heat pts677
space
space
$15,422 | Props total: 9951 9951
Hope gamefly ships

2 years ago '12        #11
Cubs Draco 143 heat pts143
space
space
$16,570 | Props total: 4443 4443
Will cop on steam winter sale.

2 years ago '12        #12
space
space
 Foyt said
Will cop on steam winter sale.
If it makes it's way there, it's an Xbox Player Anywhere title, so presumably it's Windows Store only.

2 years ago '12        #13
space
space
 P-Hill said
any particular reason why?
It's not a super long game I believe, and it's a pseudo-Indie game.

2 years ago '07        #14
KeepinItTrill 39 heat pts39
space
space
$54,111 | Props total: 23419 23419
 Da Ill One said
Already preloaded and ready to go Monday night... Now all I need is a cuphead release date and I can be happy.
they need to stop bs'ing with Cuphead

if I see one more "new boss battle" video

2 years ago '04        #15
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,587 | Props total: 5197 5197
 KeepinItTrill said
they need to stop bs'ing with Cuphead

if I see one more "new boss battle" video
Yep. no more videos unless it has a release date attached to it.

2 years ago '05        #16
A~team 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,802 | Props total: 3765 3765
I'm torn it's $40, yea that's cool but the game length is what's k!lling me I just can't fu*k wit short games don't get me wrong though this game looks great I was hyped since I seen the reveal trailer but I think ima wait until it hits the bargin bin which shouldn't be too long.

2 years ago '12        #17
Cubs Draco 143 heat pts143
space
space
$16,570 | Props total: 4443 4443
 Faythung said
If it makes it's way there, it's an Xbox Player Anywhere title, so presumably it's Windows Store only.
I know, I said that because I knew you were going to correct me.

2 years ago '12        #18
space
space
 Foyt said
I know, I said that because I knew you were going to correct me.
:jtlol:

2 years ago '05        #19
HiRolliN 110 heat pts110
space
space
$21,355 | Props total: 3679 3679
are they gonna try to pull some fu*k boy sh*t like they did with the qauntum break pc release were they send out the keys in waves?????

2 years ago '12        #20
space
space

[tweet - click to view]

2 years ago '12        #21
space
space
 HiRolliN said
are they gonna try to pull some fu*k boy sh*t like they did with the qauntum break pc release were they send out the keys in waves?????
I think cause it's a Play Anywhere title there's no codes being sent.

2 years ago '10        #22
illement 11 heat pts11
space
space
$12,921 | Props total: 2163 2163
I haven't heard about the length. How long is this game supposed to be?

2 years ago '12        #23
space
space
 illement said
I haven't heard about the length. How long is this game supposed to be?
Director for the game said "8 hours", but to take it with a pinch of salt as that can obviously vary from player to player/playstyle to playstyle.

2 years ago '10        #24
illement 11 heat pts11
space
space
$12,921 | Props total: 2163 2163
 Faythung said
Director for the game said "8 hours", but to take it with a pinch of salt as that can obviously vary from player to player/playstyle to playstyle.
That's cool enough for me. I don't need a 100hr game that'll take me forever to play anyway. At the rate I play video games, it'll take me a week or 2 to beat. I was scared you were gonna say like an hr or two lol.

2 years ago '04        #25
dblock187s 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$11,605 | Props total: 2979 2979
already pre loaded

Home      

most viewed right now
-36online now  16
Image(s) inside Hot convert Lindsay Lohan looking better than ever !
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+115online now  13
Image(s) inside Young Freckled Face Busty Venezuelan
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+125online now  10
Image(s) inside in...
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+73online now  7
Image(s) inside Diddy's ex GF and baby momma Kim Porter DEAD
325 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  6
NCAAF Projected top 3 pick Ed Oliver tries to fight Head Coach for not letting..
109 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  5
Driver in Chinx Murder agrees to Snitch on Gunmen Qwality!!
61 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+16online now  4
RiP E3 2019
93 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+36online now  3
Signs you are getting old