Netflix’s ‘Making a Murderer’ Season 2 Is in Production

most viewed right now
+110  256
204 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '09        #1
532 page views
9 comments

Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249
space
space
$8,445 | Props total: 7273 7273
Netflix’s ‘Making a murderer’ Season 2 Is in Production

[pic - click to view]

Netflix this morning has announced that executive producers/directors Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos are already in production on new episodes of Making a murderer.

According to Netflix, the new installments will “take fans of the acclaimed documentary series back inside the story of convicted murderer Steven Avery, and his co-defendant, Brendan Dassey, as their respective investigative and legal teams challenge their convictions and the State f!ghts to have the convictions and life sentences upheld.”

This next chapter will provide an in-depth look at the high-stakes post-conviction process, as well as, the emotional toll the process takes on all involved. The episodes will offer exclusive access to Avery’s new lawyer Kathleen Zellner and Dassey’s legal team, led by Laura Nirider and Steve Drizin, as well as intimate access to the families and characters close to the case.

The documentary true crime television series became an unexpected phenomenon on the streaming service, leading to six Emmy nominations. Ever since the show hit the cultural zeitgiest, the filmmakers had hinted that they may return to continue to tell this story as it plays out.

In January Ricciardi was unsure if they would come back for a second season, citing the serious time commitments, “It’s just apparent to us we need time to think about what we would commit ourselves to next.” In March Ricciardi said:

From our perspective this story is obviously not over. It’s real life and (Avery’s and Brendan Dassey’s) cases are both still pending. We have no idea when the magistrate will make a decision in Brendan’s case. We do know that two potential outcomes are that the judge could order Brendan’s release or he could order a new trial. So we are on the edge of seats about that. To the extent that there are significant developments, we would like to continue documenting this (case).

I’m not sure it will be as compelling or shocking now that most of America is following the story of Steve Avery in real time, but the filmmakers will of course be up close and personal, getting a much closer perspective.

It’s also unclear how long production will take on the second season, as the first season was produced over the course of ten years. It’s unlikely that Netflix is entering into a ten-year deal to produce this television sequel, and this season will not be as expansive as the first edition. We’ve previously rounded up a bunch of the popular fan theories and evidence from the muder trial that wasn’t presented in the first season. We also reviewed the first season on an episode of the /Filmcast.

The full Netflix press release follows:

NETFLIX ANNOUNCES NEW EPISODES OF MAKING A murderER SEASON ONE GARNERED 6 EMMY AWARD NOMINATIONS, INCLUDING OUTSTANDING DOCUMENTARY OR NON-FICTION SERIES

Beverly Hills, Calif., July 19, 2016 – Netflix today announces that Executive Producers / Directors, Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos, are in production on new episodes of the Emmy-nominated Making a murderer. The new installments will take fans of the acclaimed documentary series back inside the story of convicted murderer Steven Avery, and his co-defendant, Brendan Dassey, as their respective investigative and legal teams challenge their convictions and the State f!ghts to have the convictions and life sentences upheld.

This next chapter will provide an in-depth look at the high-stakes post-conviction process, as well as, the emotional toll the process takes on all involved.

The episodes will offer exclusive access to Avery’s new lawyer Kathleen Zellner and Dassey’s legal team, led by Laura Nirider and Steve Drizin, as well as intimate access to the families and characters close to the case.

“We are extremely grateful for the tremendous response to, and support of, the series. The viewers’ interest and attention has ensured that the story is not over, and we are fully committed to continuing to document events as they unfold” said creators, Ricciardi and Demos.

“Because of Ricciardi’s and Demos’ incredible vision, commitment and keen eye, audiences around the globe became completely captivated by the personal stories of Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey and the unique lens their experiences provide into the criminal justice system” said Lisa Nishimura, Netflix VP of Original Documentary Programming. “We’re thrilled to be continuing our longstanding relationship with the filmmakers, and look forward to giving our global viewers eagerly anticipated updates on this story.”
About Netflix

Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 81 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.slashfilm.com/ .. erer-season-2/

9 comments for "Netflix’s ‘Making a Murderer’ Season 2 Is in Production"

2 years ago '14        #2
agriffiths 
space
space
$1,179 | Props total: 2469 2469
I have to be honest I couldn't watch this show. I watched the first episode and I was done. I dont know if its because I deal with low lifes or what but this dude needed locked up either way. Its a documentary, of corse it tells all the things that were great about him with a trickle of bad. He tortured and k!lled cats and was a nuisance to society and people like him should be shot or put away. I get there were crooked cops and a whole "cover up" but either way people like this dude need to be in a cage or no longer with us.

2 years ago '10        #3
olook up 
space
space
$3,891 | Props total: 4042 4042
 agriffiths said
I have to be honest I couldn't watch this show. I watched the first episode and I was done. I dont know if its because I deal with low lifes or what but this dude needed locked up either way. Its a documentary, of corse it tells all the things that were great about him with a trickle of bad. He tortured and k!lled cats and was a nuisance to society and people like him should be shot or put away. I get there were crooked cops and a whole "cover up" but either way people like this dude need to be in a cage or no longer with us.
Great insight we should all value highly from someone who couldn't even watch the whole season. 👍🏼

fu*k cats

2 years ago '06        #4
swag-mchustle 372 heat pts372
space
space
$2,008 | Props total: 5896 5896
 agriffiths said
i deal with same kinds of people daily...namely heroin addicts, still you have to look at everyone objectively imo. Alot of unarmed black men are looked as a "nuisance to society" and that's why the police have no problem gunning them down. There was foul play from both law enforcement/ judicial system in the Avery case...do yourself a favor and watch the whole season.

2 years ago '10        #5
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,748 | Props total: 16585 16585
 Mvs2527 said
What the cops did to Brendan Dassey Im not sure if I can take another season. That stupid boy didnt do anything and they ruined his life.
Man fu*k that kid.

He lied on his uncle so he could go home and watch Wrestlemania

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '09        #6
Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249 OP
space
space
 TheMindOf said
Man fu*k that kid.

He lied on his uncle so he could go home and watch Wrestlemania

[pic - click to view]

He was slow. He didn't know what was going on. I cringe every time I saw that interview.

2 years ago '07        #7
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
$91,277 | Props total: 19041 19041
I mean he did it sooo... But the show/documentary is interesting

2 years ago '09        #8
Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249 OP
space
space
 TH35 said
I mean he did it sooo... But the show/documentary is interesting
He very well could have did it, but because they framed him for r*pe and then they tried way too hard to prove his guilt with the murder so there is a small ounce of doubt in my mind..All of their "evidence" is tainted. Too much questionable sh*t was going on.

What they did to Brendan really pissed me off though.

Home      

most viewed right now
-17online now  58
MMA Conor McGregor Accused Of Rape?
45 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-73online now  44
Mom of 4 looking for a guy to hang out with
276 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+51online now  28
Dec 12 - College teacher fired for having too much booty
111 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+93online now  17
Strippers long jump now?
77 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+44online now  13
Video inside Metal Heads React To "I Gave You Power" By Nas
70 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  13
Article inside Marvel's Netflix shows are likely gone for good.
65 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  11
Jordan 11 Concords Yellowing In 2 Weeks
113 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+131online now  9
"But but but Tupac tried to be gangsta"