online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Featurette: How the Incredible New Quicksilver Scene Was Done

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

8 years ago '06        #1
2433 page views
0 comments

Tiger King  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 152912 152 K  Slaps total: 29779 29 K
‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Featurette: How the Incredible New Quicksilver Scene Was Done

X-Men: Apocalypse took the top spot at the box office this holiday weekend, pulling down just over $65 according to Box Office Mojo, blowing away Disney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass, which is doing nowhere near the big business of the first film. Critics haven’t been too kind to the X-Men sequel (though I found it to be as entertaining as it was flawed), but plenty of comic book movie fans still venture to the theater to see it for themselves.

Even if some of you fans didn’t like the movie, I think we can all agree that Quicksilver’s scene was the best moment in the entire flick. If you want to see how they pulled it off, which actually features more practical effects and wire work than you might imagine, check out an X-Men Apocalypse Quicksilver featurette after the jump.

Here’s the X-Men: Apocalypse featurette from 20th Century Fox:

YT

Capture at 3,000 frames per second by a special slow-motion camera called The Phantom, this sequence is by far the coolest scene in the movie. I’m not sure it’s quite as good as Quicksilver’s big scene from Days of Future Past, but it’s still incredible.

This featurette only gives a taste of the on-set work that was done to create the sequence, which includes using the slow-motion camera to capture a bunch of real explosions and destruction. Hopefully the home video release has a much more extensive look at how this scene was completed, especially with the small peeks of wire work that Evan Peters can be seen doing.

http://www.slashfilm.com/ .. er-featurette/

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+3318
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
281 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+5118
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+4113
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
67 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+578
Image(s) inside Now That We are Older, Wiser… Let’s Talk Soul Food