Sluggish sales lead Apple to continue slashing iPhone production in the current quarter

most viewed right now
+20  82
38 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 years ago '09        #1
2630 page views
25 comments

Tiko377 1966 heat pts1966
space
space
$16,939 | Props total: 11935 11935
Sluggish sales lead Apple to continue slashing iPhone production in the current quarter

Apple's shares are taking a little hit this afternoon following a report that sluggish iPhone sales are leading Apple to continue cutting production of its smartphone during the current quarter. During the January-March period, Apple produced 30% fewer iPhones when compared to the same quarter a year earlier.

Apple has already informed its parts suppliers that it is continuing to cut production of the iPhone in the current quarter. Slow sales of the Apple iPhone 6s and Apple iPhone 6s Plus are the reason why Apple has taken an axe to its production schedule. And Apple does not plan to manufacture enough 4-inch Apple iPhone SE handsets to make up for the drop in the production of its flagship models.

The entire smartphone market is expected to experience its slowest growth ever this year. 2016 could show a year-over-year increase of less than 10% for the first time. In addition, when Apple reports its fiscal first quarter earnings later this month, it is expected to report a decline in year-over-year iPhone sales for the first time ever. Analysts expect Apple to report that it sold 54.6 million iPhone units from January through March, compared to the 61.2 million iPhones it sold during the same quarter a year ago.

Apple's shares are down $2.25 (2%) on the news, currently trading at $109.85.

Thanks for the tip!

source: Nikkei

visit this link http://www.phonearena.com .. uarter_id80279

25 comments for "Sluggish sales lead Apple to continue slashing iPhone production in the current quarter"

3 years ago '04        #2
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,831 | Props total: 5578 5578
every week with these apple goin out of business threads. King Apple ain't going no where.

3 years ago '11        #3
Blinx 182 52 heat pts52
space
space
$3,794 | Props total: 6621 6621
They always cut iPhone production after the holiday season.

3 years ago '06        #4
aussie08 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,312 | Props total: 2040 2040
Still have the first gen 5 and won't buy another til it stops working. The prices for phones and plans is ridiculous.

3 years ago '04        #5
adthekidd 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,056 | Props total: 5765 5765
What these morons need to do is wait a year before dropping the next phone.

In the year break come up with some real innovation so when it drops people that had the previous one for over a year are def going to want to upgrade.

Why drop multiple phones a year with zero innovations year in and year out ?

3 years ago '04        #6
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$26,330 | Props total: 5779 5779
 pandadays said
Steve Jobs, the empire is crumbling
i dont think so but weve reach complete market saturation everyone and their momma has a smart phone

the buy every new release crowd is dwindling

3 years ago '11        #7
DJ EM Double 31 heat pts31
space
space
$7,117 | Props total: 4002 4002
that new phone every few months model is not sustainable eventually people are gonna be like fu*k it the phone i have works and these new features aren't that big a deal.

3 years ago '07        #8
ptwist 50 heat pts50
space
space
$17,382 | Props total: 10537 10537
 DJ EM Double said
that new phone every few months model is not sustainable eventually people are gonna be like fu*k it the phone i have works and these new features aren't that big a deal.
Yeah it's a fad like everything else. At some point the phone still fu*king works and the latest and greatest features are more gimmicks. People literally just want a phone that dials, takes good enough pictures, social media and yelp for the closest restaurant nearby

Other than that... the casual user and even the more prominent upgraders have found a landing spot to know when it's time to upgrade. Phones as a whole are all just much better than 5 years ago when making the jump from the horrid battery life and processor speed of the HTC G1 or Evo ... Samsung Epic ... Iphone 3g.

Phones nowadays don't have that exponential improvement year after to year.

3 years ago '04        #9
NORTE 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,521 | Props total: 1373 1373
Fk a iPhone

3 years ago '10        #10
420Heat 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,800 | Props total: 5247 5247
 adthekidd said

In the year break come up with some real innovation so when it drops people that had the previous one for over a year are def going to want to upgrade.

because people eat it up anyways..maybe they are learning now

3 years ago '07        #11
Jago 1109 heat pts1109
space
space
space
$4,012 | Props total: 7326 7326
 skillzbnasty said
Wish I could find that thread where homeboy said apple would fall off and went back and forth with dude about it
That happened in a few of my threads. It was mainly @ and @ that said it wouldn't happen.

3 years ago '04        #12
mistatnn 
space
space
$6,397 | Props total: 5329 5329
Crazy how so many people hate Apple and want to see it fail. Its plenty room in this game for everyone to eat doggy! And Apple still isn't going anywhere lol

3 years ago '04        #13
nobody 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,559 | Props total: 1949 1949
 mistatnn said
Crazy how so many people hate Apple and want to see it fail. Its plenty room in this game for everyone to eat doggy! And Apple still isn't going anywhere lol
I dont think thats the case, its just that Apple is like the rest of the phone makers now. They make products for a mature market and now they have having slow sales like the others makers.

As far as Apple going anywhere ha! They have like 100's of billions in the bank. They will be fine, as far as that innovation thats likely over.

3 years ago '11        #14
Blinx 182 52 heat pts52
space
space
$3,794 | Props total: 6621 6621
 aussie08 said
Still have the first gen 5 and won't buy another til it stops working. The prices for phones and plans is ridiculous.
The SE is $500 off contract. That's better than what you paid for your 5 back in 2012.

3 years ago '04        #15
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 13 13
Posting news you wish was true and posting the truth are two different things. Apples doing fine and yes i fanboy them but let me explain why. First, Its not that its not more capable, or that andriod doesn't have apps cause they have lots. Its not because they lack features or make beautiful looking hardware. Andriod has some gorgeous devices. Its because everyone rips off their ideas and passes them off as their own. They do like Apple, and then say "hey look at this we made it better"

I mean for gods sake people, Apple made a touch screen phone now everyone made one. The difference is Apple the company made a product that didnt exist and influenced an entirely new generation of mobile computing. Not samsung, Not HTC, not Nokia, Not Windows, Not Blackberry it was Apple.

Now i can't say that sh*t is in full swing today like it was when steve jobs did his thing. There's obviously a lot less innovation today in their devices then before.

So to that I challenge both Apple and its competitors. Make something people want again. Get people excited about a shift and take new approaches. Apples whole thing was to "think different" and i don't see that anymore.

No one gives a sh*t about better cameras, biometric authentication, higher resolution screens etc. Its all old news, and the same way Apple releases this iterative sh*t on us, you'd be a hiprocrite to say andriod devices don't do that on a DAILY basis. Just look at how many Samsung Phones come out with updated cameras, better screens, etc its a fu*king rat race.

Both sides need to step up, because no matter who made the phone, its the same sh*t OVER and OVER and OVER ..... and goes for both.

to the poster about these "credible sources" look to 1 source. The news, world news, fu*k look at the stock market. Apples not going anyware. They reduce production cycles ( so does samsung, so does htc ) it just means they are moving to producing the next product. Thats how manufacturing works, its a simple concept.

You mentioned something about 150 Billion ? Apples not lossing that kinda money. It would be headline news and you wouldn't stop hearing about it. Not from some pissy blog that wrote what you hope would be the truth. If i show up to the Mall and the Apple store is shutdown for good, then you've got my ear.

People need to stop being offended by opinions that don't align with your beliefs. Just cause your article is wackness doesn't mean your completely wrong, but it also doesn't mean your cnn. I would have heard about this sh*t myself not on Boxden if Apple was "crashing the stock"

k ?

3 years ago '16        #16
BLACKED 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$1,738 | Props total: 2379 2379
 mszomola said
I mean for gods sake people, Apple made a touch screen phone now everyone made one. The difference is Apple the company made a product that didnt exist and influenced an entirely new generation of mobile computing. Not samsung, Not HTC, not Nokia, Not Windows, Not Blackberry it was Apple.
LIAR

[pic - click to view]

It was nowhere near enough to just "slap" this stupid a.ss post

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by BLACKED; 04-21-2016 at 04:00 PM..

3 years ago '05        #17
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,563 | Props total: 665 665
poor CRapple

King Sammy shhitting on them constantly

3 years ago '13        #18
ma chis mo 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,872 | Props total: 2970 2970
 adthekidd said

Because people are buying them. Iphones are more of a fashion accessory. Once a new one drops the old one is out of season.

3 years ago '04        #19
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 13 13
 BLACKED said
LIAR

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

The END

3 years ago '07        #20
21 1579 heat pts1579
space
space
$62,939 | Props total: 68131 68131
 BLACKED said
LIAR

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

and the sh*t already had a selfie camera too. apple stans stay losing.

3 years ago '16        #21
GLOIN 422 heat pts422
space
space
$10,228 | Props total: 27512 27512
 pandadays said
Steve Jobs, the empire is crumbling
They weren't sh*t after Jobs died

3 years ago '04        #22
jevfranc 9 heat pts
space
space
$645 | Props total: 150 150
Apple Reports First Year-Over-Year Revenue Decline Since 2003: $10.5B Profit on $50.6B in Revenue

3 years ago '10        #23
FrankAndBeans 29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,625 | Props total: 7713 7713
 adthekidd said

[pic - click to view]

Yeah, morons

Home      

most viewed right now
+36online now  42
Image(s) inside Adult Film Great Bella Bellz
93 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+258online now  37
Image(s) inside How COULD JAY Z LET THIS HAPPEN To His HOMETOWN ???
217 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+16online now  25
Image(s) inside 9 Indicted On Federal Charges In Grocery Store Robbery Spree In Norfol..
138 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+62online now  18
Image(s) inside Angela Simmons
92 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  16
What you doing if you caught your girl doing this in a Rappers IG Video?
66 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+17online now  14
Video inside Oscars Host: Jimmy Kimmel in blackface
113 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside Dec 7 - These 22 Malware-Riddled Android Apps Might Be Draining Your P..
30 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+17online now  7
Dec 8 - Man Awarded $175,000 After Gang Rape During ‘Scared Straight’ Program
127 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy