Bryan Singer talks about leaving X-Men after Apocalypse and Wolverine's Role (Spoiler's)

most viewed right now
Jan 17 - So no one's gonna talk about Bernie Sanders killing Besty DeVos??
51 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Polynesian Princess
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside FULL: Lisa Evers Explains Taxstone's Federal Charges, There Is A Snitch..
105 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jan 17 - Pit bulls attack kids walking to school bus stop in Atl, kill..
185 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 months ago '14        #1
1691 pageviews
32 comments

mumbosauce 214 heat pts214
space
space
space
$8,079 | Props total: 7096 7096
Bryan Singer talks about leaving X-Men after Apocalypse and Wolverine's Role (Spoiler's)

X-Men: Days of Future Past ended with Mystique - disguised as William Stryker - taking Wolverine to what seemed to be safety, but it was something of an open ending which has left us guessing for the past two years. We don't know if he now has his Adamantium claws in the new timeline (set to be further explored in his solo movie in 2017) or how and when he crosses paths with the X-Men again, but the latest issue of Empire confirms that Weapon X is going to factor into X-Men: Apocalypse.

In a sequence revolving around Mystique, Beast, Quicksilver, and Moira MacTaggert, the magazine describes the scene as follows: "The quartet have been kidnapped by army twonk William Stryker following a cataclysmic event at the X-Mansion, and wake up in a holding cell. On a balcony above them, Stryker taunts his prisoners, demanding to know the whereabouts of Magneto." That's pretty intriguing then, and when director Bryan Singer was asked how Wolverine factors into all of this, he replied: "As a central character, he didn't fit into this particular story." It's interesting that he refers to him as not being a "central character," especially as the fact that he doesn't seem to dismiss an appearance completely surely leaves the door open to some sort of cameo appearance.

Talk then turned to the future of the franchise, and with Singer setting his sights on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, he's moving on from the X-Men for the time being. "Abondoning the franchise is not something I think about. But I could not roll into another X-Men movie tomorrow. And I hope not to. I hope to take a break." If and when he does return though, where do you go after Apocalypse? Mr. Sinister? Onslaught? "I'd love to use Proteus somehow," the filmmaker teased. "There's a lot visually you could do with a character like that." An unexpected choice, but one with potential...
hot topic gave props

32 comments for "Bryan Singer talks about leaving X-Men after Apocalypse and Wolverine's Role (Spoiler's)"

10 months ago '06        #2
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,886 | Props total: 6942 6942
Mcu need to make x men movies
Fox sucks
Cutty Olds and 5 others gave props

Hakim Cobain and 2 others slapped this ish

10 months ago '15        #3
0bs1d1an 105 heat pts105
space
space
space
$10,945 | Props total: 15226 15226
You could only wish.

If Singer gets the fu*k out after this I'll be so god damn happy.

XMEN deserve better than him.
336db336boy336 and 8 others gave props

10 months ago '08        #4
mr.mdz 
space
space
space
$967 | Props total: 898 898
I would LOVE if Singer got the fu*k out of the X-MEN universe.

Talk about some sh*t movies (though Days of Future Past was closest to ever getting an XMEN movie done correctly).
BigBrother and 3 others gave props

10 months ago '08        #5
J_Clarity13 111 heat pts111
space
space
$5,275 | Props total: 1768 1768
 mr.mdz said:
I would LOVE if Singer got the fu*k out of the X-MEN universe.

Talk about some sh*t movies (though Days of Future Past was closest to ever getting an XMEN movie done correctly).
didn't he direct that movie as well so what's the problem now?
 10 months ago '10        #6
Agentzer0oo0 200 heat pts200
space
space
$65,699 | Props total: 11620 11620
Singer gave us X1, X2 & Days of Future Past which was loved on here when it first was released.

I dunno why people don't like his take, maybe it's just personal preference with how J Law is presented & the suits, I dunno. The plots & pacing in his X films have been entertaining & have high replay value.
does any 1 care and 1 others gave props

LeMar G and 1 others slapped this ish

10 months ago '08        #7
mr.mdz 
space
space
space
 J_Clarity13 said:
He made one good movie that was ALMOST an X-Men movie. Doesn't change my point, just underlines it.
Hakim Cobain and 1 others gave props

10 months ago '08        #8
mr.mdz 
space
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Singer gave us X1, X2 & Days of Future Past which was loved on here when it first was released.

I dunno why people don't like his take, maybe it's just personal preference with how J Law is presented & the suits, I dunno. The plots & pacing in his X films have been entertaining & have high replay value.
X1 and X2 don't hold up well.

It was in the era prior to superhero movies coming out all the time. It was passable then but sh*t now.
Hakim Cobain and 3 others gave props

10 months ago '04        #9
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4796 4796
 J_Clarity13 said:
Where do I start....

turning Sunspot into the Human Torch
turning Bishop into a fu*king IPOD charger
turning Colossus into taller version of the Silver Surfer with hair

Putting Bishop in the movie in the first place
Putting Bishop in the movie and not showing how kick a.ss Bishop is

Not showing the TRUE power of Storm
Not showing the TRUE power of Ice Man
Not showing the TRUE power of Magneto
Not showing the TRUE power of Colossus
Not putting enough emphasis that fact that these are damn near the last of mutants on the planet, with their backs against the wall, f!ghting like a world class boxer with a bad cut over their eye in the 12th round down on points f!ghting to keep a younger stronger f!ghter from taking the belt.

The absolute moronic idea of of basing the Sentinels new upgraded powers on a mutants ability to only make her self LOOK like another mutant or person, and not off the one who could actually adapt and over come damn near any mutants power or situation (Oh yeah, that's right, he was the ONLY guy to die in the First Class reboot )

Making Mystique an actual focal point of this who charade
Not making someone like, I don't know... Sebastian Shaw the actual focal point of this, I mean he's only a wealthy powerful man who runs a Secret Society that's damn near taken over the world before and...**GASP** Once help fund the Sentinel Program!

Not focusing and developing the man who actually made the Sentinels in the first damn place and focusing on Mystique...

Might have missed a few things but that's the jist of it...the movie was average at best and that's not coming from a comic fan stand point but and actual if you watched the movie and read just a brief bit on the characters stand point. They revolve around Wolverine and Jenifer Lawerence for some unknown reason.

Last edited by Cutty Olds; 03-28-2016 at 10:13 AM..
stizz44 and 9 others gave props

10 months ago '14        #10
space
space
space
 Cutty Olds said:
Where do I start....

Putting Bishop in the movie and not showing how kick a.ss Bishop is

Not showing the TRUE power of Colossus
Not putting enough emphasis that fact that these are damn near the last of mutants on the planet, with their backs against the wall, f!ghting like a world class boxer with a bad cut over their eye in the 12th round down on points f!ghting to keep a younger stronger f!ghter from taking the belt.

The absolute moronic idea of of basing the Sentinels new upgraded powers on a mutants ability to only make her self LOOK like another mutant or person, and not off the one who could actually adapt and over come damn near any mutants power or situation (Oh yeah, that's right, he was the ONLY guy to die in the First Class reboot )

Not making someone like, I don't know... Sebastian Shaw the actual focal point of this, I mean he's only a wealthy powerful man who runs a Secret Society that's damn near taken over the world before and...**GASP** Once help fund the Sentinel Program!

Not focusing and developing the man who actually made the Sentinels in the first damn place and focusing on Mystique...

Might have missed a few things but that's the jist of it...the movie was average at best and that's not coming from a comic fan stand point but and actual if you watched the movie and read just a brief bit on the characters stand point. They revolve around Wolverine and Jenifer Lawerence for some unknown reason.

Almost everything on this list is wrong
SimpinAintEz and 2 others slapped this ish

10 months ago '04        #11
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
 mumbosauce said:
Almost everything on this list is wrong
No...it's not
 10 months ago '11        #12
Sandor Clegane 68 heat pts68
space
space
$8,893 | Props total: 2400 2400
Singer is a bi*ch and so is Jennifer Lawrence. The sooner they're done with Xmen the better
DooM gave props

10 months ago '14        #13
space
space
space
 Cutty Olds said:
No...it's not
Let me finish facing my j n then I'll set u straight
Hakim Cobain gave props

10 months ago '04        #14
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
 mumbosauce said:
Let me finish facing my j n then I'll set u straight
Hurry up....I only got 30 minutes left on the clock before I hit the road
 10 months ago '14        #15
space
space
space
 Cutty Olds said:
Where do I start....

Sunspot had every power shown on screen

Bishop did some real cool things and his look was excellent

Don't like Cudmore glad he's replaced

Bryan Singer binged the entire 90s animated series when he first got hired so he obviously saw the comic book inaccurate season 1 two parter of DoFP. Bishop was included as a nod to that. Which IMO backfired because cartoon only fans expected his role to be bigger because of those inaccurate episodes

It's not Singer's fault that old bi*ch wanna get knocked up before shooting the movie. Her role was supposed to be different

Bobby finally iced up and did multiple ice slides and had multiple power displays it was actually his best power display on film yet

He lifted RFK stadium and carried it across DC to the white house lawn thats kinda powerful

DoFP isn't about the future. Its only really 20 or so pages of comic book material. The entire point is to briefly give the audience a glimpse of the dystopian future. The actual comic and even the cartoon barely focus on the future portion the main and important part of DoFP has always been stopping Mystique. And getting the heroes of the past behind the idea of humanity ending behind the event

Now as far as the movie the only important thing is using DoFP plot device to set the movie failures of x3 n wolverine 1 right.

I feel they are based on rogue but that part got cut from the rogue cut version that's why she was being experimented on in the mansion and had to be rescued. The mystique change was just cleaner

Shaw died in 63.

Professor X's redemption and acceptance is really the main focus not Mystique. But Mystique is the main villain in DoFP comic so I don't see the problem. When FoX tries to be accurate they get sh*t anyways

Trask got a lot of time and he's not dead he's in prison as revealed in Rogue Cut he can always come back or his son Larry or any of the other people behind Project Wideawake.

Wolverine is the time traveler because hecan physically make the trip and because the olfd cast didn't matter anymore and it was a way to put Hugh back in the FC timeline.

Fassenbender was main of FC
McAvoy was main of DoFP
JLaw will main Apocalypse

Seems fair since its their trilogy

Last edited by mumbosauce; 03-28-2016 at 04:11 PM..
Cutty Olds and 1 others gave props

10 months ago '04        #16
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
I understand the comic story liner perfectly...but this movie as any comic movie can't follow it to a "T" .

Bishop is not in this story line (hell neither is Blink now that I think about it), and it felt half a.ssed how they put him in it...also...why is he plugged into his rifle? Hence the "Iphone Charger" comment

Sebastian Shaw is the man who started the Hellfire Club, a super rich and secretive society that has come close to ruling the world and has major influences. He was partners with Angel's dad with his rise to money and power. They had Sebastian Shaw k!ll the only mutant that would have made sense in giving the Sentinels their abilities (in this convulted movie time line)
How could you not see those tangible lines and work that into the story to further beef it up and give it substance all while giving a bit more background and revelancy on Angel? I mean...they already fu*ked up the story line by not making him an original starting 5 X Men member.

It would have made sooooo much more sense to not k!ll that dude that Shaw k!lled in the 2nd one and use HIS power and even maybe snatch Mystiques as well to make the Sentinels more formidable... There is no way you can that wouldn't have made more sense. Mystique can only change her look, she can not take on another mtants power or even defend against it. Making the Sentinels new abilities based off her DNA a highly laughable plot hole. They are clearly focusing on Jenifer Gardner

Mystique is NOT the main evil Character as so much as the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants are as well as The Sentinels and that Sentor dude who's name escapes me at this time. They could have worked it to her and Magneto Starting the Hellfire Club with Shaw since they didnt bring in the BrotherHood and since Magneto was actually a part of the Hellfire Club at 1 point...they also could have worked in the White Queen since they already had showed her being freed in the one before...They introduced those characters and just dropped them and they could have been working them somekind of way into the story line the entire time.

The f!ght that Xmen put up was luke warm period. Sunspot was the Human torch...they didn't show his super strength....and im not even gonna get on Colussus, Iceman and Magneto did alright but over all there was nothing jaw dropping or heart wrenching about it. Michael Bay would have k!llED that part of the movie it was in his hands!! That f!ght and struggle was lackluster.

I haven't seen the Rogue cut but the Senator didn't get a fair amount of time either...this sh*t was rushed and should have been broken into 2 parts like how they Jenifer Gardners last chapter in the Hunger Games. It would have worked out better instead of giving us this half a.ssed sh*t they put on the screen. It's not even about the accuracy because you can't nail it like a comic so thats a goal that will never be reached...But Got dayum, you can write a more fluid and better story than instead of scarificing it to 2 characters so they get the love and majority of the burn.

And I put that baby in Halle Berry so don't be talking about the "timing"...I only had a small time window to operate and do what I needed to do!

Last edited by Cutty Olds; 03-28-2016 at 04:59 PM..
ceo-of-hucworld gave props

10 months ago '14        #17
space
space
space
 Cutty Olds said:
I understand the comic story liner perfectly...but this movie as any comic movie can't follow it to a "T" .

Bishop is not in this story line (hell neither is Blink now that I think about it), and it felt half a.ssed how they put him in it...also...why is he plugged into his rifle? Hence the "Iphone Charger" comment

Sebastian Shaw is the man who started the Hellfire Club, a super rich and secretive society that has come close to ruling the world and has major influences. He was partners with Angel's dad with his rise to money and power. They had Sebastian Shaw k!ll the only mutant that would have made sense in giving the Sentinels their abilities (in this convulted movie time line)
How could you not see those tangible lines and work that into the story to further beef it up and give it substance all while giving a bit more background and revelancy on Angel? I mean...they already fu*ked up the story line by not making him an original starting 5 X Men member.

It would have made sooooo much more sense to not k!ll that dude that Shaw k!lled in the 2nd one and use HIS power and even maybe snatch Mystiques as well to make the Sentinels more formidable... There is no way you can that wouldn't have made more sense. Mystique can only change her look, she can not take on another mtants power or even defend against it. Making the Sentinels new abilities based off her DNA a highly laughable plot hole. They are clearly focusing on Jenifer Gardner

Mystique is NOT the main evil Character as so much as the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants are as well as The Sentinels and that Sentor dude who's name escapes me at this time.

The f!ght that Xmen put up was luke warm period. Sunspot was the Human torch...they didn't show his super strength....and im not even gonna get on Colussus, Iceman and Magneto did alright but over all there was nothing jaw dropping or heart wrenching about it. Michael Bay would have k!llED that part of the movie it was in his hands!! That f!ght and struggle was lackluster.

I haven't seen the Rogue cut but the Senator didn't get a fair amount of time either...this sh*t was rushed and should have been broken into 2 parts like how they Jenifer Gardners last chapter in the Hunger Games. It would have worked out better instead of giving us this half a.ssed sh*t they put on the screen. It's not even about the accuracy because you can't nail it like a comic so thats a goal that will never be reached...But Got dayum, you can write a more fluid and better story than instead of scarificing it to 2 characters so they get the love and majority of the burn.

And I put that baby in Halle Berry so don't be talking about the "timing"...I only had a small time window to operate and do what I needed to do!

First off I give you props because you can debate X-Men without throwing around f*ggot and gay in every sentence. So props

Second I definitely understand there a major problems with X-Men movie franchise (continuity etc) but it is what it is I'm not gonna quit I been riding with X-Men since the 90s to late to quit

Third I would suggest torrenting The Rogue Cut at very least

Blink was included because Original Nightcrawler actor wouldn't reprise his role you need a teleport in x-men and you also need an Asian in your movies now a days and Fan Bing Bing is a huge star in China. X-Men did good in China partly because of her as Blink.

Bishop can take energy and reuse it through his gun it may have looked off but yeah.

Sebastian was cool but The Hellfire Club roster is deep. Shinobi Shaw can take over Selene or Leland or Pierce sh*t even Cassandra Nova so no big lost with Shaw imo.

I like Darwin (Any black Mutant character honestly) so I'm holding out hope he returns eventually.

Peter Dinkledge played Dr. Boliver Trask I think your thinking about Senator Robert Kelly but since this in 73 he'd be to young to be in Washington DC yet as a Senator so they just used Trask as the target

Im happy with no two parter FC-DoFP-A will be a strong highly rated trilogy and 60s through 80s out of the way now it's time to move on to the GOAT decade

1990's

[pic - click to view]

Cutty Olds and 3 others gave props

10 months ago '04        #18
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
I pray the 90's is done by Marvel or has their a.ssistance!
samich please gave props

Ghost Terp slapped this ish

10 months ago '06        #19
Kingme 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,689 | Props total: 3686 3686
Bryan Singer is a trash director. No one likes his movies they are a.ss. He could do a frame for frame recreation of the comic book or cartoon and still manage to make that sh!t wack. Fukk him and his sh!TTY X-Men movies
Sandor Clegane gave props

10 months ago '15        #20
BPP 
space
space
space
$854 | Props total: 1046 1046
X Men were the biggest thing in comic books in the 90s and early 2000s. Really they could've been massive but none of the X Men movies have been great though, some good ones but nothing you'd watch more than once.

How have we not had a proper Dark Pheonix saga movie? An Avengers vs X Men movie would do huge numbers too.
SBiggady gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T.I. Blasts Black Celebrities Meeting With Trump, “Kanye The F*ck You ..
141 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside bad boy records curse victims danity kane
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jayz Stan.....BK Tidal Wave Disowns Her Mentor Taxstone...
64 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jimmer Fredette is a dominant "god" in China, averaging 37 PPG
56 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside TaxStone Currently being Arraigned Indictment Unsealed this Afternoon
285 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Find an IT Job Where You Can Work Remotely
87 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is OJ Innocent: The Missing Evidence
97 comments
2 days ago