Common - BE (2005)

most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose under criminal investigation for rape
59 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside The Game will debut music video for "Pest Control" Meek Mill & Beanie S..
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Terelle Pryor: "I gave everything I had"
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tsu Surf in North Philly
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Rating?
5 mics 581 53.21%
4.5 mics 251 22.99%
4 mics 137 12.55%
3.5 mics 58 5.31%
3 mics 16 1.47%
2 mics 8 0.73%
1 mic 41 3.75%
Voters: 1092. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 04-08-2005, 11:00 PM         #41
semikidd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh ya my last comment was to that dumbass33...eat a d!ck...givin hate is for pu**ys
 04-08-2005, 11:25 PM         #42
MortalDanger 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ill wait for retail non web rip....i love common so he rightfully deserves this love but...half of yall saying u loved it didnt even listen to it and id put money on that....thered be alot more intelligent replys to this thread if everyone of yall actually listened (and no i dont mean put it on while ur wacking off and playing xbox at the same time) ..... enjoy the album...hopefully retail drops so i can listen
 11 years ago '04        #43
QBKinG 
space
space
$1,087 | Props total: 0 0
Im very glad that an album like this came out since most sh*t has not been up to par lately. I thought I'd be disappointed with there only being 11 joints but I was wrong. Best album of 2005 thus far...no bullsh*t
 04-09-2005, 02:59 AM         #44
dumb_ass23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ez_ridah said:
r u fu*kin serious? son dont kno hiphop...this is a classic, 5/5, best album since the fix
I agree it may be the best album soince The Fix, but I'm still not sure about 5/5
 04-09-2005, 03:06 AM         #45
dumb_ass23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 semikidd said:
oh ya my last comment was to that dumbass33...eat a d!ck...givin hate is for pu**ys
To be clear... I didn't give you hate and that should be obvious to you, so chill out dude.

Ok, so you haven't listened to it yet, I'll take that, but then why are you dropping a sh*tty a.ss 1/5 rating on an album that you haven't listened to?

That is almost deserving of hate in it self...
 04-09-2005, 03:10 AM         #46
Sangria1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Album Of The Decade....No Doubt
 04-09-2005, 03:20 AM         #47
dumb_ass23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sangria1 said:
Album Of The Decade....No Doubt
It is close for me, The Fix prolly still has it... I guess time will tell.
 11 years ago '05        #48
StateProperty88 32 heat pts32
space
space
$37,023 | Props total: 2046 2046
sh*t is pretty good i gave it 4 mics
 11 years ago '04        #49
MainEv3nt|M 21 heat pts21
space
space
$21,273 | Props total: 8 8
word@this cd being dope...5 mics...who eva said 1 needs brain surgery..

5 people said it was 1 mic wow

blackie006, HaRLeM-WorLd, jordan980, Pazmanian-Devil, semikidd

wow@paz *shakes head* i thought u like this cd

Last edited by MainEv3nt; 04-09-2005 at 07:35 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #50
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 1 1
To be honest...I am the biggest Common fan...but I don't see what everyone else is seeing...5 mics? What deems it to be 5 mics? I've listened to it once, and I really don't see what ya'll cats see...

From a musical standpoint, beats wise, and the whole tone of the album it is ill, real hip-hop esque...and Common came decent with the lyrics...but I was expecting a LOT more...the album is missing something...don't get me wrong...this is still a great album by all means, but at this moment I can't give it a 5, it still seems like it's lacking something...Kanye and Jay Dee blessed this album, but I was expecting Common to bring a lot more...it just seemed like it's lacking...

After that first listen I give it a 4.5...but for now I won't rate anything...it seems like everybody follows trends on this site and just goes with what everyone else say, especially with this sh*t...so I'm gonna voice my own opinion...
 04-09-2005, 09:22 AM         #51
J_Rey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i love this album i played it over and over all night to me its classic has the spirit of a album made in 94-95 brothers gonna have to step there game up now glad kanye showed another side of his production aswell
 04-09-2005, 11:58 AM         #52
G-29 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gave it 4.5....ill be buyin this when it gets out
 11 years ago '05        #53
Frant!k 
space
space
$754 | Props total: 0 0
go, go, go, go, go, go and on the count of 3 everybody run back to your fantasy..!

Straight up classic, no doubt

5 mics for Common
 04-09-2005, 12:35 PM         #54
dumb_ass23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
To be honest...I am the biggest Common fan...but I don't see what everyone else is seeing...5 mics? What deems it to be 5 mics? I've listened to it once, and I really don't see what ya'll cats see...

From a musical standpoint, beats wise, and the whole tone of the album it is ill, real hip-hop esque...and Common came decent with the lyrics...but I was expecting a LOT more...the album is missing something...don't get me wrong...this is still a great album by all means, but at this moment I can't give it a 5, it still seems like it's lacking something...Kanye and Jay Dee blessed this album, but I was expecting Common to bring a lot more...it just seemed like it's lacking...

After that first listen I give it a 4.5...but for now I won't rate anything...it seems like everybody follows trends on this site and just goes with what everyone else say, especially with this sh*t...so I'm gonna voice my own opinion...
That's basically what I said... I think the album would need just alittle more to be a 5/5 album... The production is nice, but I find Kanye too easy to sleep to...
 11 years ago '04        #55
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,684 | Props total: 3 3
I just need to know when this ish is hitting stores. Anyone have an official release date?? His own label dont even know when its coming out
 04-09-2005, 01:01 PM         #56
nyykid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
insant classic sh*t is great 5 mics
 04-09-2005, 01:54 PM         #57
GEO1378 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think it is an instant classic. it is classic because of kanye and i hope you all know and realize that. wait till kanyes new album that will be classic also. common is great lyrically but without kanye the album would be a 3 or 4 out of 5. i hope it has the kind of success it deserves though because if it doesnt sell good than that is a serious blow to the future of hip hop because it will tell artists that they cant make an intelligent soulful album and have it sell well. kanye wests album was one to really do that and hopefully this one will get the props it deserves.
 11 years ago '04        #58
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,427 | Props total: 9 9
Instant CLASSIC!! Best artist from the Chi is holdin it down!!
 11 years ago '05        #59
thecondogg 
space
space
$815 | Props total: 0 0
 knowughetto said:
Instant CLASSIC!! Best artist from the Chi is holdin it down!!

yea.... 5 mics, this is an instant classic. kanye's production is groundbreaking, and common doesn't disappoint lyrically. what else did you expect tho...

everyone's gotta cop this when it comes out too, seriously, show that theres a market out there that isn't g-unit. cause it'd be pretty fu*kin sad if this didn't sell like it should.
 11 years ago '04        #60
unphaseable338 
space
space
$371 | Props total: 0 0
listened to it 3 times back to back to back with out gettin' tired of it. Welcome back Common Sense
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
104 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
64 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
85 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Sep 25 - the nasa machine trolls the public yet again
7 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Faith Evan breaking the internet
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes..
23 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
197 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy