Video inside Budden's Take on Meek/Game
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Meeky mouse POSTING EMOTIONAL RANT!!!!
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Wayne opening up about Drake's prison betrayl. Drizzy smashed his girl
35 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #21
dgangsta 
space
space
space
$1,771 | Props total: 0 0
cant wait for this
 04-06-2005, 08:53 PM         #22
young_vito 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^yep
 11 years ago '04        #23
yitty 
space
space
$4,434 | Props total: 1 1
 e117v1 said:
....what? someone doesn't know a little something about business, not just music business, business in general.........take a look at the amount of people already complaining about the short number of tracks......if Common was going straight for the money he would have done the opposite and had 15-18 tracks, with about 5 being interludes and fillers....its an obvious fact that what people want is more for their money, just because you have 17 tracks on the record doesnt mean the artist spent more money, there is something called cheap production....basically Common said "fu*k it im going to make what I want to make, I have my fan base, they'll be the loyal ones the buy the record with 11 tracks or 11000 tracks"....another obvious clue to why Common isnt about money, who he put on his record, yeah Kanye is the "hot" producer, but he's almost an in house producer when working with Common, he has no "popular" artist being featured.......
......this concludes class :rolleyes:
so right they need more intelligent people with COMMON SENSE!!!!!
 04-06-2005, 10:01 PM         #24
sym007 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the same people complainin about hip-hop needs to get back to what it used to be are the same people complainin about why aren't there enough songs?
 11 years ago '05        #25
Old School 
space
space
$350 | Props total: 16 16
May 2005 XXL

Music is supposed to mirror life. With 11 tracks that focus on feeling not filler, the Chicago champ formerly known as Common Sense has birthed ‘05’s top LP with the impeccable Be. The album’s first single, the impenetrable inner-city anthem “The Corner,” sets up the initial statement for the man born Lonnie Rashid Lynn: He’s neither that rapper on Resurrection not the one on Electric Circus-he’s evolved into a synthesis of the two. On Be, Common plays poet and documentarian, showing us the triumphs and tragedies that occur in Ghetto, USA. And with Be’s co-pilot, Kanye West, supplying the lion’s share of the score (nine of eleven tracks) by stepping up even his production game with layers of bluesy yet granite-hard compositions, joints like the jazz-fueled “Real People” reflect Common’s penchant for “showin n*gga’s lives like UPN.” In fact, the CD’s cohesive sound can be attributed to the synergy between Common and Kanye.

Common’s wordsmith wizardry soars beyond stylistics: It excels at photographing real life. On “It’s Your World,” Comm recounts his own coming of age and the story of an aspiring songstress turned prostitute. Over soul-stirring strings and a marching drum track courtesy of J-Dilla (the producer behind the LP’s remaining two tracks), Common recalls, “I remember in high school she had a passion to sing/Now she see herself in a casket in dreams.”

While label support and the times heavily influence whether great music can be crowned classic, if nothing else Common has created a flawless album. By giving us himself completely and speaking to and for us as complete people, he’s birthed the total package.
 04-06-2005, 10:51 PM         #26
dumb_ass23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e117v1 said:
....what? someone doesn't know a little something about business, not just music business, business in general.........take a look at the amount of people already complaining about the short number of tracks......if Common was going straight for the money he would have done the opposite and had 15-18 tracks, with about 5 being interludes and fillers....its an obvious fact that what people want is more for their money, just because you have 17 tracks on the record doesnt mean the artist spent more money, there is something called cheap production....basically Common said "fu*k it im going to make what I want to make, I have my fan base, they'll be the loyal ones the buy the record with 11 tracks or 11000 tracks"....another obvious clue to why Common isnt about money, who he put on his record, yeah Kanye is the "hot" producer, but he's almost an in house producer when working with Common, he has no "popular" artist being featured.......
......this concludes class :rolleyes:
From what I read Kanye does a large number of hooks... I hope not, that will bother me.
 04-06-2005, 11:14 PM         #27
D.A. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 24th, that's too long from now. fu*k it, I'll just keep listening to beanie until then. It's dope to see a hiphop producer producing a whole album like back in the days.
 04-06-2005, 11:21 PM         #28
Sam Bizzle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Common's Be is almost like Jay-Z's Blueprint...6th album, 11 tracks ('cept no bonuses) Kanye on it, except now Kanye's more experienced and working with a better MC. His first single didn't buzz like I.Z.Z.O. but I think Common might make some sales this time, AND...sh*t I forgot what I was going to say.
 04-06-2005, 11:40 PM         #29
a smelly bear 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mm,mm
 11 years ago '04        #30
Blazed4Dayz 
space
space
$986 | Props total: 0 0
can't wait 4 this sh*t....common never lets his fans down....certified classic !!!!!
 11 years ago '04        #31
Kiss The Stick 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,298 | Props total: 7 7
im glad its only 11 tracks, no filler.
 04-07-2005, 12:19 AM         #32
Sam Bizzle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.A. said:
May 24th, that's too long from now. fu*k it, I'll just keep listening to beanie until then. It's dope to see a hiphop producer producing a whole album like back in the days.
It was pushed to June, cuzzin. That's what I've been doing tho, listenin' to the B. Coming
 04-07-2005, 01:50 PM         #33
critique1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i just hope it lives up to the hype around it!
 04-07-2005, 03:38 PM         #34
GORILLAMONSOON 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jon Mayer Suppose To Be On His Album?on The Go Song
 04-07-2005, 04:50 PM         #35
AceCity 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the only problem im gonna have wit this album is that KANYE PRODUCED BOUT EVERY DAMN TRACK. not to say he a bad producer but i dont wannna hear all the sh*t sound the same
 04-07-2005, 05:03 PM         #36
Richie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im glad wit the intro. its good., i'm fine wit kanyeeze producing most of it....i cant wait for this album
 04-07-2005, 09:21 PM         #37
Sam Bizzle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
chea, supposedly Kanye's sh*t sounds different...i fergot where I read...probly on Okayplayer boards...that Kanye's sh*t's more old school than his signature chipmunk sh*t..could be wrong
 11 years ago '04        #38
GoldynChyld 1 heat pts
space
space
$798 | Props total: 57 57
Beutiful music I feel like cryin damn it

I LOVE HIP HOP

Peace
Kenji
 04-14-2005, 05:57 PM         #39
sdotgivens 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t is dope
 04-14-2005, 06:16 PM         #40
leezer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BANGER, ive been listening to it on repeat for days straight. best album this year imo
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If She Was Your Bestfriend Mom Would You Smash?
102 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
640 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ray-j launches the Scoot-E-Bike , is it the successor to the hoverboard?
109 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Japanese Men Trying to Pronounce "Massachusetts"
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Jon Favreau To Direct Live-Action Reimagining Of ‘The Lion King..
44 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside MAFIA 3 gameplay overview after 6 hours
14 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey Won’t Stop Talking: Meet the NFL’s next shutdown corner
80 comments
2 days ago