Apr 5 - Pharrell Williams Launches Ice Cream Skateboarding Team

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ms Aly OMFGIFTSOTB
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Wack 100 vs. Maino (09-30-2016) [ANTICIPATION/DISCUSSION THREAD] Tale Of The T..
220 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside I Believe Meek Mill Pushed DC4 Back To October Smh
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA D Wade low key Goat ankle breaker!
11 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 11 years ago '04        #41
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,662 | Props total: 651 651
sh*t jay used to skatboard.............remember that song girls bestfriend

"skateboard to the drop"
 11 years ago '04        #42
SeanP 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,146 | Props total: 41 41
Are you dumb or just dumb?

He was refering to the girl...

"I'm often with you so they wonder bout the juice I got
I took you from the projects and an abusive pops
From the bottom to the top
The skateboard to the drop
From the nada to the Prada..."

So what skateboarders are listening to rap now?
So what some of them are black?
None of y'all have explained to me how skating has influenced Hip-Hop.
 04-11-2005, 01:31 AM         #43
oK.Player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you are an idiot and im done with this
 11 years ago '04        #44
cuzjuan 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,674 | Props total: 77 77
 SeanP said:
LOL...Young n*gga cats? Boomboxes?...Where do you live? LA? as in Los Angeles or Louisiana? Next thing you'll be sayin' Pac got a CD called "Strictly for My Skaters"

rotl, funny sh*t props!!! strickly for my skaters! hahaha
 11 years ago '04        #45
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,662 | Props total: 651 651
 SeanP said:
Are you dumb or just dumb?

He was refering to the girl...

"I'm often with you so they wonder bout the juice I got
I took you from the projects and an abusive pops
From the bottom to the top
The skateboard to the drop
From the nada to the Prada..."

So what skateboarders are listening to rap now?
So what some of them are black?
None of y'all have explained to me how skating has influenced Hip-Hop.

HE was refering to a DIAMOND not a girl?!!! Thats what the song is about......
Damn don't you feel dumb.....
 11 years ago '05        #46
precys 
space
space
space
$1,959 | Props total: 600 600
Ok this sh*t is really funny but I agree with SeanP. Skateboarding has no influence in HipHop. Just cause Lil' Jon skates and whoever else you throw out there skates doesnt mean sh*t on it having to do with hip hop. All that is, is a prefrence, Im sure some of the "Hip Hop" heads play xbox doesnt mean that my xbox is a hiphop landmark lol. Music crosses over all the time, it could be the fad or whatever. RunDMC did a rock song doesnt mean they influenced rock. Also on any Tony Hawk game (created for and by skaters) At the most will only have 2 hip hop songs on it out of 40 yet its suppossed to be an influence lol. You guys need to open your eyes just cause a few skaters listen to hip hop doesnt mean that its part of that genre. its all a prefrence, thats why skaters have there own genre of music called SKA and if you go to any skate park or show you wont hear any hiphop playing. I listen to SKA sometimes does that make me a skater, i guess so lol oh and i listen to reggae so im a jamaican rasta skater at that HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This thread is ridiculous just like my last statement lol.
 11 years ago '05        #47
TrainWreck 
space
space
space
$1,045 | Props total: 0 0
OK first of all Im sick of These names from Tony Hawk video games getting thrown around like they are the only skateboarders in the world.

How has Hip-Hop influenced skateboarding? I don't know how it has influenced skateboarding but the music itself is great to listen to while you ride. Personally I love nothin more than poppin in a Wu-Tang cd an goin ridin. I find it easier to ride with hip hop blastin in the background.

How has Skateboarding influenced Hip Hop? I really dont think it has, just the music has always been apart of the culture of skateboarding. Along with many other genre's (ie. Punk, Metal, Alternative, Ska, Emo all that sh*t)

Stevie Williams, Karemm Campbel, Kenny Hughes, Clyde Singleton, Harold Hunter, Kevin Taylor, Aquil Brathwaite, Lamar Hemmings, Bastien Salabanzi, Brandon Turner, Fabrizio Santos, Rodrigo Teixeira and Darrell Stanton are just some of the professional Black skateboarder's out there. (If they arn't Pro now they will be VERY soon)

I have been skating for 7 or 8 years now and Hip-Hop has, and will always be a part of skateboarding.
 11 years ago '05        #48
TrainWreck 
space
space
space
$1,045 | Props total: 0 0
 precys said:
RunDMC did a rock song doesnt mean they influenced rock.
Ahhh but they did, if they didn't break boundaries back then there may have never been a Rage Against teh Machine.

precys said:
Also on any Tony Hawk game (created for and by skaters) At the most will only have 2 hip hop songs on it out of 40 yet its suppossed to be an influence lol.
This Game was not made for "skaters" It was made to get skateboarding more mainstream.... When Tony Hawk Pro Skater dropped however many years ago on PS1 SO MANY PEOPLE started skating. It was ridiculous. Tony Hawk games are fake as fu*k, no one can do 85% of the tricks that are done in that game. If the Tony Hawk games were made for skateboarder's it would be more like Thrasher: Skate & Destroy on PS1. That was a pretty good realistic representation of skateboarding... not the bullsh*t from the tony hawk games.

precys said:
thats why skaters have there own genre of music called SKA and if you go to any skate park or show you wont hear any hiphop playing.
Have you ever been to a skatepark? watched a demo? a skatevideo? So many people see Tony Hawk Pro Skater games and stereotype skaters lmao the last competition I was in, I was riding to Warren G & Nate Dogg - Regulators....

Last edited by TrainWreck; 04-11-2005 at 03:59 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #49
precys 
space
space
space
Well damn you go regulate them n*ggas lol case closed we was riding to warren g so its gotta have a part in skating lol. I'm pretty sure rage against the machine didn't hear walk this way and decided to form a group lol. They was gonna do their thing regardless. People are missin the point. Trainwreck I gotta agree with you tho I know my boys love putting in 36 chambers. They be diggin that sh*t and they some ska/punk kids. They the ones who showd me this wu-rock. sh*t was pretty ill
 11 years ago '04        #50
SeanP 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,146 | Props total: 41 41
LOL Yo Nelly did a song with Tim McGraw...does that mean that country music influenced Hip-Hop?
 11 years ago '05        #51
precys 
space
space
space
LOL Yo Nelly did a song with Tim McGraw...does that mean that country music influenced Hip-Hop?
ROTFL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
 05-07-2005, 11:27 AM         #52
|Tech| 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my lord, I think this might be one of the funniest threads I've ever seen. Skateboarding influenced Hip-Hop? What the hell?

Where I'm from, they don't work on the streets. Come around here and skateboard -- I'm pretty sure you Skater guys enjoy that song by Bone Thugs entitled 'Crossroads.
 05-07-2005, 11:39 AM         #53
HearingDeafOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hip hop has definitely influenced skating. ever been to an actual skate park? n*ggas got Wu-Tang blasting out of boom boxes, they got graffiti writers everywhere, the murals are beautiful, the so-called skate clothing is very similar to hip hop clothing (baggy pants and such) and both are seen as countercultural rebellions against society. both also get dogged on a lot.

however, hip hop hasn't been influenced by skateboarding too much.
 05-07-2005, 11:56 AM         #54
leezer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol what alot of bullsh*t, skaters listen to rock as much as they do hiphop so quit spinning sh*t
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chanel west coast tho
77 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA KD & Klay - Shoot till you miss
155 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - Average Cable TV Bill Now Over $100/Month; “Every Year is a New Recor..
272 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
230 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
ugly duckling chelsea clinton claims weed is killing people :cmonsonn:
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘True Memoirs of an International Assassin’ Trailer: How Is Kevin James..
26 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - The super RICH prepare for the end of society
93 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside 2K17 AI Double Team Cheese Out of Control?
46 comments
19 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy