Apr 5 - Pharrell Williams Launches Ice Cream Skateboarding Team

most viewed right now
NFL Ray Lewis Tried to Troll Twitter Users & Gets DESTROYED
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside For $100,000 would you do it?? Hmmm..
59 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Meek Mill "Ooouuuu" Studio Session
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DRAKE - PLEASE FORGIVE ME [FILM ANTICIPATION / DISCUSSION THREAD] :owlc..
248 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-06-2005, 10:56 AM         #21
oK.Player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
STL im not from iowa its where i live...... and if you dont know ok.player and whats really good with it then you dont need 2 be posting about real hip hop at all.... and you if you really want to feel foolish go pick up Street Prophetz the dvd then you can kiss my a.ss bi*ch.......... AND SKATING IS BECOMING ONE OF THE ELEMENTS SO YOU CAN SHAKE THAT sh*t OFF 2 ..... ONE
 04-06-2005, 10:58 AM         #22
oK.Player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and when the fu*k has hip hop been about race
 11 years ago '04        #23
EMBARK 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,177 | Props total: 23 23
Let me settle this.. back when hiphop was first emerging there was overlap between graf artists, bboys, and skaters, and MCs. They all came out of the anti-establishment culture of the late 70s and early 80s. So theres definately some intersection. But no body can deny that skating never realy took off in the minority ghettos. Its an interesting question why it didnt though... Any body got an idea?
 11 years ago '04        #24
EMBARK 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,177 | Props total: 23 23
 oK.Player said:
and when the fu*k has hip hop been about race
its ALWAYS been about race. You think its a coincidence that minorities created it?
 04-06-2005, 11:30 AM         #25
oK.Player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
to a certain degree but this cat acts like its the blood and flesh of hip hop
 11 years ago '04        #26
SeanP 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,146 | Props total: 41 41
Did anybody mention race up in here? I didn't think so.
Trust me dawg...Skateboarding was never one of the four elements of Hip-hop.
Just 'cuz you reppin OkayPlayer doesn't mean you know sh*t about Hip-Hop
MCing, DJing, graffiti, and Breakdancing...thats it.
Get your sh*t together.
 11 years ago '05        #27
BreakFastBoss 
space
space
space
$105 | Props total: 0 0
Hip-Hop has much of an influence in Skating as any other music.... prolly even bigger. I dont see why race matters in anything but: There are skaters who are not white. And i happen to be one of them. I'm Puerto Rican and i skate and i produce hiphop music (with a lot of other music genres). and i have a ton of friends who skate and some of em happen to be black and hispanic !

SHUT THE fu*k UP & watch out for more hip hop entertainers get involved with skating in the future..... (The Neptunes & lil jon even remark that they used to skateboard back in the day)

and SeanP.... just because some of us know a lil bit more of hip hop culture/history than you, it doesnt me that you have to sit at your computer waiting for our responses so you can reply and cry like a bi*ch.... basically, do us a favor and quit your bi*chin' ! (comment for the boomboxes sh*t... that's ol' school but still is is cool to walk around with... fu*k SeanP's mp3 player ! ! ! )

Last edited by BreakFastBoss; 04-06-2005 at 05:52 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #28
SeanP 1 heat pts
space
space
Who wants to hear a whole album from a Skateboarding rapper? What would he rap about? Seriously?

"I grind the rail with the greatest of ease
Racked myself at the end and scraped my knees
Hop back on the deck hit a 360 degree
Indy Grab...scratched a scab 'til it bleed...n*gga please!"

Jesus and Jay-Z would do a duet before that happened!

Breakfast...LOL...shut ya 20 "D" battery Boombox carying, wanna-be Tony Hawk skateboarding, Fruity Loop producin' a.ss up. Trust me dawg...skating down the street carrying a boombox bumpin' "Picture Me Rollin'" will get you clowned!

Use your head for more than a hat rack...
 11 years ago '05        #29
BreakFastBoss 
space
space
space
$105 | Props total: 0 0
i actually use Logic... and have two ipod's .... but i aint a bi*ch...

stop watching the videos and trying to imitate Nelly or Diddy or whoever you d!ck-ryde ! and i dont wanna be Tony Hawk cuz i'm my own individual, unlike you. See to people like you, you only want what you see in the videos : the car, the girl, the champange, and flashing money. BUT it wasnt about that at one point in hip hop... ask anyone ! i'm out....

only advice for you: stop ya posing and be your own-self ! (shame on you !)
 04-06-2005, 06:26 PM         #30
keroZENE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MURS from living legends laid down a few tracks dedicated to skateboarding.. he loves that sh*t. I mean, I've never been in to skating, only touched a skateboard a few times really.. but as mentioned before skating overlapped the hiphop culture when it was being born, there are tons of hiphop artists both mainstream and underground that used to or still skate.. just cuz they do/did it don't mean they gotta rhyme about it. and unless you know them personally or read some interview.. how u gunna know if they fu*kin skate or not?

It may not go hand in hand as I mentioned before (i'll retract that comment).. but it definitely has influenced hiphop culture as a whole, at least the roots of it anyways. But I just didn't get why ppl were hatin on Pharrell launging some skateboard team so I had to speak up

Last edited by keroZENE; 04-06-2005 at 06:27 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #31
SeanP 1 heat pts
space
space
Dude...I ain't gonna front...I used ta like Diddy...never wanted to be like him...but I wouldn't mind havin' his bank account...and I hate Nelly!

You're right hip-hop wasn't always about the bling...and it NEVER was about skating...so tell me again...How has skateboarding influenced hip-hop culture?
 04-06-2005, 06:47 PM         #32
nkwu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow @ all you naive a.sses. I never knew how skating was intertwined with hip hop, but I a.ssumed it had to do with counter culturism, and I was somewhat correct. And I honestly don't see whats os funny about this ish, no onesaid the skaters were rapping or anything, Pharell just started a skate team, and personally, I never saw Pharell as just a black guy, I saw him as acrossover of alot of genres which some how culminated best in Hip Hop.
 11 years ago '05        #33
zerosc 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,830 | Props total: 5 5
hiphop got bape's from skaters dunk sb's to and the list go's on but i dont think that stake team is gonna fly cause skaters dont like him at all

Last edited by zerosc; 04-06-2005 at 06:53 PM..
 04-06-2005, 06:53 PM         #34
chuckster409 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I want want a triple chocolate wit chocolate syrup please. No vanilla(wild homo nasty)

Last edited by chuckster409; 04-06-2005 at 06:54 PM..
 04-06-2005, 07:16 PM         #35
DrAzTiK SmOkEr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they do go 2gether ill agree on that one he already explained how they go 2gether i mean hip hop is world wide its not just 4 the guy in the esclade wit 20 inch spinners smokein a blunt dripped in 1 million dollars worth of jewls its bout the attitude is hip hop the way u walk is hip hop yall gotta start lookin around people 4 real
 11 years ago '04        #36
One-O-One 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,631 | Props total: 2920 2920
yall n*ggas is ignorant. if ur truely hiphop, you gotta respect the hiphip skating scene and i never rode a skateboard in my life. dem n*ggas know more about hiphop than over half of the kats on this site.

And there are black skateboarders. Of all people, Lil Jon skates too.

n*ggas need to open they minds. Hiphop is not just rap music on BET, the hood, guns, hoes, crack, jewelery, n' Dipset. And hiphop just doesnt affect the genres like basketball, n' fashion.

Hiphop is everywhere, so respect that.

real talk
 04-06-2005, 08:29 PM         #37
a smelly bear 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 khalsa said:
skating & hiphop....hmm....no, i dont think so.
youre an idiot.
 04-06-2005, 08:32 PM         #38
a smelly bear 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SeanP said:
ooookay so where you live blacks and mexicans (young n*gga cats) skateboard?...with boomboxes? (I'm not even gonna ask where can you even BUY a "boombox" in 2005) i don't doubt that.

Do they gangbang too?

Just 'cuz a couple of (young n*gga cats) skate and listen to rap on a boombox doesn't mean Hip-Hop and Skating go hand in hand. That's just marketing T! Just another way to r*pe REAL HIP-HOP.

More Skate Rap...
Tony Hawk & Juvenile - "900 Degrees to a Indy Grab"
REAL HIP-HOP. not that 50 cent sh*t, not that juvenile sh*t you fu*king moron.
 11 years ago '04        #39
SeanP 1 heat pts
space
space
ATTENTION ALL HIP-HOP HISTORIANS (I'm not talkin' 'bout the white kids who think they know everything about rap but only started listening to it 5 or more years ago.)

What exactly is your definition of REAL HIP-HOP?
How has Skateboarding influenced Hip-Hop and vice versa?
 11 years ago '04        #40
ddotdukes5 
space
space
$3,039 | Props total: 4 4
 SeanP said:
Did anybody mention race up in here? I didn't think so.
Trust me dawg...Skateboarding was never one of the four elements of Hip-hop.
Just 'cuz you reppin OkayPlayer doesn't mean you know sh*t about Hip-Hop
MCing, DJing, graffiti, and Breakdancing...thats it.
Get your sh*t together.
So are you saying that clothes, jewlery, cars arent part of Hip-Hop? True the main elements in Hip-Hop are MCing, DJing, Graffiti, and Breakin', but when something expands so does the qualifications. And Hip-Hop and skating do have a relationship. But there are more and more urban kids skating then there use to be, just like more and more suburban kids bumping hip hop. Get out your shell...
Home      

most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Stephen Hawking Just Issued a Chilling Warning to Scientists Searchin..
194 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
180 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Game Caught Frauding Yet again.:memedudehah:
323 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cartoons That End So Unexpectedly It Will Make You Laugh
70 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
50 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
90 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chopped Cheese V. Philly CheeseSteak what you choose?
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Man wtf 79 points in 2K17 with a Sharpshooter Online
43 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy