*Index of Exercises* - Legs

most viewed right now
Dreamchaser confirms Beanie Sigel got beat up. "U broke the code of ethics on ..
142 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron "All Lives Matter" Fuuuuu
230 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Birdman Given 30 Days To Find Missing Financial Documents For Lil Wayne
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside THIS girl slaps ya girls ass in the club, what ya do?
91 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
5431 pageviews
15 comments

TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,622 | Props total: 3 3
*Index of Exercises* - Legs

Use this thread to please post any and all of your favorite Leg exercises that you do in your normal lifting routine...

15 comments for "*Index of Exercises* - Legs"

11 years ago '04        #2
Steve07 
space
space
space
$1,300 | Props total: 34 34
I'll get things started here is a good quad/leg workout I just started it.

"Soccer players have large quads because the sport demands powerful leg muscles," says Jim Liston, MEd, CSCS, former strength and conditioning coach for Major League Soccer's Los Angeles Galaxy and co-founder of Competitive Athletic Training Zone (CATZ, catzsports.com). "Add these exercises to your routine and you'll feel the effects after just eight sessions."

Dumbbell High Pull/Backward Broad Jump. Place your feet just wider than shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in your right hand. Drop into a squat position, allowing the dumbbell to fall toward the floor between your knees, then jump up explosively as you pull the weight to shoulder height with the force generated from your legs. Land softly and sink back to the starting position. Perform eight reps, then switch hands and do eight more.
Immediately follow this movement with a set of backward broad jumps, where you jump backward on two feet and land softly with slightly flexed knee and hip joints. Perform 12 of these jumps.

Step Down. Stand on your right leg on a stool or bench. Slowly squat down with that leg as low as you can under control, reaching out in front of you with your left foot and extending both arms directly overhead as you lower yourself. Come out of the squat quickly, then squat down again, this time reaching out to the side with your left foot as far as you can. Squat down a third time, extending your left leg behind you and opening your right hip (remember to extend your arms overhead with every squat). That's one rep. Repeat for five reps, then switch legs.

Speed Lunge. Side shuffle two steps to your right, bend at your knee and hip and touch the ground with your right hand (just outside your right foot). In one fast motion, jump up, then shuffle two steps to the left, bend at the knee and hip and touch the ground with your left hand (just outside your left foot). Perform this movement eight times to each side.
A quad-kicking routine

1. SUPERSET: 2-4 reps total
Dumbbell High Pull: -- 8 reps per side
Backward Broad Jump -- 12 reps
2. Step Down; 2-4 sets, 5 reps per leg
3. Speed Lunge: 2-4 sets of 8 reps per side
Precede these exercises with a dynamic warm-up that includes skipping, shuffling and short, explosive sprints.

*Beginners do two sets of each; after six sessions, progress to three sets; after six more sessions, progress to four.

Last edited by Steve07; 04-06-2005 at 11:17 AM..
 04-10-2005, 02:32 PM         #3
ez_ridah 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
parrallel squats, front squats, power cleans, dead lifts...box jumps...thats all u need
some calf raises too

Last edited by ez_ridah; 04-10-2005 at 02:32 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #4
jj_143 
space
space
$528 | Props total: 0 0
I never do Deadlifts and my hamstring suck balls compared to my quads, what else is good for hamstrings besides Stiff Leg Deadlifts and leg curls?
 11 years ago '04        #5
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,745 | Props total: 81 81
^^^^You could try lunges.....
 04-16-2005, 09:42 PM         #6
ez_ridah 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj_143 said:
I never do Deadlifts and my hamstring suck balls compared to my quads, what else is good for hamstrings besides Stiff Leg Deadlifts and leg curls?
good mornings...they are VERY good for hamstrings, and your back
 11 years ago '04        #7
vman51 
space
space
$1,254 | Props total: 0 0
^ what exactly is that?
 11 years ago '04        #8
bibbyboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
$10,503 | Props total: 1057 1057
Squats, Stiff legged dead lifts, Leg presses, Leg extensions, and i forgot the name of it but you use the pulldown machine but you face the other way and go down as far as you can then lift yourself back up, it works the glutes and hams...sh*ts hard as hell but works real good...
 11 years ago '05        #9
Kurementsuu 
space
space
$80 | Props total: 0 0
Anybody here try Hindu Squats?
I thought my legs were strong but I could bearly get through 4 sets of 25.
 11 years ago '04        #10
bibbyboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
$10,503 | Props total: 1057 1057
Oh and a.ss to grass squats...the best leg exercise known to man...imo
 07-03-2005, 08:48 PM         #11
76ers4144 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Top 5 :
1. FULL Squats
2. Straight-leg Deadlifts - hamstrings are naturally weaker than quads. use this exercise to help catch them up and prevent muscle imbalances.
3. Bulgarian Split- Squats- one-legged squat holding dumbbells , with other leg on a bench behind you. Evens out possible imbalances between legs.
4. Good Mornings - same reasons as #2
5. Low-cable Pullthroughs - stand w/ your back towards the cable, bend over and grab the low cable pulley handle through your legs. use your hamstrings and glutes to pull yourself up , kind of resembling a straight leg deadlift.
 11 years ago '05        #12
HeGotBeatz 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,996 | Props total: 183 183
your should practice masterbating using only your thighs. this in turn stimulates muscles your would not normally use in any other situation. true story.
 10 years ago '06        #13
datboinightmare 
space
space
space
$45 | Props total: 0 0
squat jumps. do 50 a night and increase by 5 each week and yo hops will be on point
 9 years ago '05        #14
Double M Set 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,800 | Props total: 523 523
nothing makes your legs stronger than lots of stretching, plenty of running, and alot of shadow kicks. Do 100 straight kicks with each leg, then do 100 roundhouse kicks with each leg, then do 100 hundred heel kicks.
 06-10-2007, 02:35 PM         #15
seindiamond 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Quads Dominant:
Squats
Front Squats
Lunges (short stance)
Split Squats (short stance)
Bulgarian Split Squats
Step Ups
Leg Press
Those are pretty much all you need for your thighs. I use a short stance for lunges and split squats as it puts more emphasis on the quads and less on the posterior chain. I don't believe in that whole don't let your knees go past your feet stuff. Poliquin and Thibaudeau think the same...

Hip Dominant:
Deadlifts
Stiff Legged Deadlifts
Goodmornings
Stiff Legged Goodmornings (great hamstring stretch but you have to use less weight)
Romanian Deadlifts
Pull Throughs
Glute Ham Raise
Reverse Hypers
Lunges and Split squats with a long stance
Leg Curls (for hypertrophy purposes only)

Last edited by seindiamond; 06-10-2007 at 02:36 PM..
 07-23-2007, 07:04 AM         #16
WAITAMINUTE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hey, this is some nice stuff.
 Steve07 said:
I'll get things started here is a good quad/leg workout I just started it.

"Soccer players have large quads because the sport demands powerful leg muscles," says Jim Liston, MEd, CSCS, former strength and conditioning coach for Major League Soccer's Los Angeles Galaxy and co-founder of Competitive Athletic Training Zone (CATZ, catzsports.com). "Add these exercises to your routine and you'll feel the effects after just eight sessions."

Dumbbell High Pull/Backward Broad Jump. Place your feet just wider than shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in your right hand. Drop into a squat position, allowing the dumbbell to fall toward the floor between your knees, then jump up explosively as you pull the weight to shoulder height with the force generated from your legs. Land softly and sink back to the starting position. Perform eight reps, then switch hands and do eight more.
Immediately follow this movement with a set of backward broad jumps, where you jump backward on two feet and land softly with slightly flexed knee and hip joints. Perform 12 of these jumps.

Step Down. Stand on your right leg on a stool or bench. Slowly squat down with that leg as low as you can under control, reaching out in front of you with your left foot and extending both arms directly overhead as you lower yourself. Come out of the squat quickly, then squat down again, this time reaching out to the side with your left foot as far as you can. Squat down a third time, extending your left leg behind you and opening your right hip (remember to extend your arms overhead with every squat). That's one rep. Repeat for five reps, then switch legs.

Speed Lunge. Side shuffle two steps to your right, bend at your knee and hip and touch the ground with your right hand (just outside your right foot). In one fast motion, jump up, then shuffle two steps to the left, bend at the knee and hip and touch the ground with your left hand (just outside your left foot). Perform this movement eight times to each side.
A quad-kicking routine

1. SUPERSET: 2-4 reps total
Dumbbell High Pull: -- 8 reps per side
Backward Broad Jump -- 12 reps
2. Step Down; 2-4 sets, 5 reps per leg
3. Speed Lunge: 2-4 sets of 8 reps per side
Precede these exercises with a dynamic warm-up that includes skipping, shuffling and short, explosive sprints.

*Beginners do two sets of each; after six sessions, progress to three sets; after six more sessions, progress to four.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
64 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
97 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
73 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil Reese has been missing meals.
119 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes..
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
216 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man wtf 79 points in 2K17 with a Sharpshooter Online
55 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
105 comments
2 days ago