Video inside Beans Really Did Get Ko'd
347 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GAME in baltimore telling chino and meeky mouse to hold this L
190 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlotte PD To Release (Some) Keith Scott Videos, Blame Stop On Weed Now
220 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Luke Cage Is the Unapologetically Bold Superhero Show Iíve Been Waiting for!#F..
27 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
18835 pageviews
60 comments

TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,622 | Props total: 3 3
*Index of Exercises* - Chest and Arms

Use this thread to please post any and all of your favorite Chest and Arm exercises that you do in your normal lifting routine...

60 comments for "*Index of Exercises* - Chest and Arms"

11 years ago '04        #2
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,622 | Props total: 3 3
Alright, Here are the Exercises i do on the bench Press

Narrow Grip Bench Press:
Do a normal Bench Press with the proper form, but hold the barbel with a narrow grip. YOur hands should be about 6 to 8 inches apartt. (Start with a lighter weight)

Wide Grip Bench Press
Do a normal bench press with the proper form, but this time hold the bar with a wide grip. Your hands should be a few inches further than shoulder-width apart.

Dumbell Flies
Get two dumbbells and lie back on a becnh with your legs slighty apart, feet firm on the floor and your arms raised. Hild the dumbells above you, palms facing eachother. Extend your arms, keep your back straight on firm on the bench and keep your elbows unlocked.
Lower the dumbells out and away from eachother in a semicircular motion. Keep your wrist locked. Lower until the dumbbells are at cehst level. Your elbows should be bent at roughly a 45 degree angle, while your back should be straight. Raise back to start and repeat
 04-30-2005, 08:59 AM         #3
gness 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My chest workout usually consists of the following exercises. Again, I'll use pics instead of trying to explain them. :cool:

-DB/barbell flat bench press

[pic - click to view]

-DB/barbell incline bench press

[pic - click to view]

-DB decline bench press

[pic - click to view]

-Pec dec

[pic - click to view]

-Dips

[pic - click to view]

Hope this helps! :cool:
 11 years ago '04        #4
damedolla 
space
space
space
$811 | Props total: 0 0
for the beginners if you lift by yourself i suggest using machines.you might not lift as much but you will learn proper form which will help you in the long run to lift more.also the dumbell exercises shown are very good.dont forget the decline press.works the lower part of your chest.most people dont do this exercise.
 05-13-2005, 07:38 PM         #5
ceo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NEWENGLANDNEGRO said:
Chest

Flat bench press
Incline bench press
Dips

Triceps

Skull crushers
Rope pull downs
Close grip bench
french press
kickbacks

Bicep

babell curls
eazy bar cur
preacher curl
incline db curl
hammer curl
dumbell curls need to be in there
flys
dumbell press/incline/decline/flat
 05-21-2005, 06:08 PM         #6
vish1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
a great exercise for chest and back is called cable X (cable access workout) it is a great exercise and highly demanding!!! Place D handle to the upper cable of the tower, stand in the middle with one step forward. using your arms with ur elbows slightly bent pull both handles towards each other in front of your torso. so that they meet. 3 sets 10 -12 reps
 05-26-2005, 07:15 AM         #7
5ive_Micz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JimDinO77 said:
uh does anybody got some ghetto exercize methods
lift bricks

only things I can think of is pull-ups, push-ups, hanstand push-ups & crunches
 05-26-2005, 09:46 PM         #8
Aquariuzzz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
JimDin, just do a search on bodyweight exercises. There are a ton of them you can do, if you are serious about it. But it all takes patience.

I fu*kin cut my hand so i cant do pushups or anything much that involves my palm.. this sh*t sucks, i was really getting into my handstand pushups.......
 05-27-2005, 06:39 AM         #9
5ive_Micz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Aquariuzzz said:
JimDin, just do a search on bodyweight exercises. There are a ton of them you can do, if you are serious about it. But it all takes patience.

I fu*kin cut my hand so i cant do pushups or anything much that involves my palm.. this sh*t sucks, i was really getting into my handstand pushups.......
dunno how much that sh*t hurts since I can't remember cuttin my palm...but maybe you can do them on your fists instead of flat handed?

just a thought
 11 years ago '04        #10
sicilianos 
space
space
$657 | Props total: 0 0
for the beginners if you lift by yourself i suggest using machines.you might not lift as much but you will learn proper form which will help you in the long run to lift more.also the dumbell exercises shown are very good.dont forget the decline press.works the lower part of your chest.most people dont do this exercise.
yea ummm the worst advice ive heard it my life. Machines do not work if u wanna build muscle. It's a known fact that in order to build, 85% of your workout must include iron. This is because it works out the fast and slow muscle twitch fibers. Machines will just get people lazy...you must learn proper form through free weights. Plus it builds toughness, better grip, etc.
 11 years ago '04        #11
Woody 
space
space
space
$4,076 | Props total: 16 16
sh*t, I've been doing mad push ups every night, and my chest has got bigger within like a week. I dont have access to weights either (right now) so, I've been restricted to push ups and crunches at home....it still works though
 11 years ago '05        #12
the407problem 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,387 | Props total: 25 25
what do pull ups work??? lol and push ups?
 11 years ago '04        #13
bibbyboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
$10,502 | Props total: 1051 1051
 the407problem said:
what do pull ups work??? lol and push ups?
Pullups work you back mostly and biceps a little(unless ya do close grip chins then the emphasis is on the bi's a lot more) and push ups work chest anterior delt and triceps....
 11 years ago '05        #14
A~team 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,130 | Props total: 359 359
How Do You Do Handstand Push Ups
 06-17-2005, 03:11 AM         #15
5ive_Micz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A~team said:
How Do You Do Handstand Push Ups
you do a handstand against a smooth surface and just bow your arms and push yourself up again
 11 years ago '05        #16
dipsetmob 1 heat pts
space
space
$264 | Props total: 0 0
Flat bench press
Incline bench press
Dips

Triceps

Skull crushers
Rope pull downs
Close grip bench
french press
kickbacks

Bicep

babell curls
eazy bar cur
preacher curl
incline db curl
hammer curl
 06-23-2005, 01:35 PM         #17
Rare_Essence 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Triceps

Skull crushers
Rope pull downs
Close grip bench
french press
kickbacks
 06-25-2005, 09:59 AM         #18
Les W 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Iight I been doing about 200-240 (3 sets) push ups everyday for the last few years and I got a bench press setup to blast my chest

I used to lift long ago and kinda know what I am doing

Problem: I do like 90% of my body weight to start out with (about 5 sets) and then drop it by 20lbs and do another 5 sets...I do them until failure and I never get any tighness afterwords, I look in the mirror and my muscles don't even bulge like after the push ups...next day I feel no burn...I don't think they are working...I even do inclines, but nothing

I need something to rip my pecs but I don't have a workout buddy so i can't get a spot

any advice??

sorry about long post
 06-28-2005, 02:52 AM         #19
5ive_Micz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Les W said:
Iight I been doing about 200-240 (3 sets) push ups everyday for the last few years and I got a bench press setup to blast my chest

Problem: I do like 90% of my body weight to start out with (about 5 sets) and then drop it by 20lbs and do another 5 sets...I do them until failure and I never get any tighness afterwords, I look in the mirror and my muscles don't even bulge like after the push ups...next day I feel no burn...I don't think they are working...I even do inclines, but nothing

I need something to rip my pecs but I don't have a workout buddy so i can't get a spot

any advice??

sorry about long post
1st I think that doing 200+ push-ups everyday is a lil too much, push-ups are no mass-building exercise and if you do the everyday there's very little recovery time for your muscles to grow bigger
nxt you said you do your benchpresses till failure, that's a good thing to do now and then to shake things up, but your standards routine should be doing 4 series of 8 reps tops per exercise (if you're doing lioke 4 different chest-exercises), but I know that sh*t is hard to do without a spotter, but if you have a gym-pass you can use a smith machine
and last, a burn does not nescessarily mean you had a proper/good workout the day before

hope any of this helps
peace
 07-06-2005, 06:37 PM         #20
tha_new_guy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JaJa said:
^^word i be doing sh*t like what yall been postin for a while n now im benchin 300-315 like 14 times
First off, I would like to call bullsh*t on you putting up 315 no cot damn 14 times, do you realize how fu*kin jacked you would have to be to do this? :thefu*k: Lets be honest here. I'm not trying to start sh*t, just callin you out on that one.
 5ive_Micz said:
and last, a burn does not nescessarily mean you had a proper/good workout the day before
Umm yes, it really does.

When you're building muscle, you are actually tearing down existing muscle, and as it repairs itself, it builds more muscle to prevent against another "tear". Obviously, tearing down your muscles is a painful, but necessary process. If you don't feel ANY discomfort the next day, your workout was simply not rigorous enough. Trust me, with all the pain I've been through, after seeing the results, the saying "No pain, No gain" holds some truth.
 Les W said:

any advice??
I gotta agree with 5ive_Micz on this one, you are doing way to many sets and reps to build effectively. More weight, less reps, and fewer sets. For example, on benchpress, I dropset 215 (meaning 215, 205, 195) and I work to failure on all of them, meaning that I fail three times! I chose this weight correctly, as I tend to fail at around 9 reps on each set, with a 3 minute break. I find this effective, as I work pecs twice a week with my routine, and I weight 155.

Decrease your sets, more weight, and fewer reps.

Which leads me to my next observation, sorry guys, but the people that don't have access to a gym, it will be more difficult to get swoll. The stories you hear of people getting huge from pushups, situps, pullups, etc. are doing over 1000 pushups a day, which I think is a little extreme. Also, many of them are doing manual labor, which does build strength. When you work like a horse and eat like a horse, you will get huge like a horse.... :D Sorry, I don't know much about getting huge without weights but there ARE ways. Stay active, play sports (often gains you access to a weight room), find heavy things to lift, be creative.

Sorry bout the long post....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Rachel From Boy Meets World???
132 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Obama: once out of office, Iím gonna stop being polite and start gett..
84 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside White Booty Meat (1 pic)
59 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
128 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Loaded Gun With Scottís Fingerprints Found on Charlotte Shooting Scen..
221 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #NARCOS Tata Escobar played by Paulina Gaitan
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Disconnect for Free
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Stephen Hawking Just Issued a Chilling Warning to Scientists Searchin..
175 comments
23 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy