*Index of Exercises* - Back/Shoulder/Neck

most viewed right now
Meeky mouse POSTING EMOTIONAL RANT!!!!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Eli Manning's Legendary Response When Asked If the Vikings "Have His Number"
17 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Budden's Take on Meek/Game
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Wayne opening up about Drake's prison betrayl. Drizzy smashed his girl
21 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
5908 pageviews
20 comments

TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,622 | Props total: 3 3
*Index of Exercises* - Back/Shoulder/Neck

Add any of your personal favorites, or any of the exercises you personally do to get your back, shoulders and neck right.

20 comments for "*Index of Exercises* - Back/Shoulder/Neck"

04-03-2005, 03:39 AM         #2
HeavyStarch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dont know terminology... i just picked some of these up at the gym
For traps - shrugs seem to work the best... noticed good improvement
can use fairly heavy weight, just make sure the shoulders raise all the way up
for delts there are 4 muscles so its best to isolate all of them
i was told
1st - with your hands in a normal grip, lift a light weight up from your sides with arms straight to about a foot above your head
2nd - same motion, except change the grip so that the weight is lifted with the thumbs pointing up
3rd - lift weights straight up in front of body keeping arms straight until about a foot over your head
4th - laying on your side on a flat bench, keep your top arm tight against your body and lift weight up from bench to even with the top of your body. its hard to explain but you know your doing it right when you feel it in the back shoulder.
**important - do not use much weight, as the muscles in the shoulder are small, and these lifts isolate them. too much weight causes the weight to be thrown, and the muscles are not isolated. Even if your tore, id start out at ten pounds for all exercises and see how you feel. its hard but results show quick. holla if this is unclear or you want more tips
 04-30-2005, 08:42 AM         #3
gness 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My shoulder workout usually consists of the following exercises. Some times I add a couple of other ones for a bit of variation. It's a bit hard explaining how to do them so I'll just post up some pics.

-DB shoulder press

[pic - click to view]

-military press

[pic - click to view]

-DB front raises

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

-DB side raises

[pic - click to view]

Hope this helps :cool:
 11 years ago '04        #4
damedolla 
space
space
space
$811 | Props total: 0 0
here is a simple routine for your back.
1st-seated row-hits middle and upper back
2nd-lat pulldown-hits your lats.
3rd-bent over row-use dumbell or barbell.
3 sets,6-10 reps each exercise
these are good foundation exercises.will help build mass.having a strong back and abs(core) will help increase your bench..
if any1 knows any good execrises for your back using dumbells please post
 05-09-2005, 02:24 PM         #5
Daddy's Home... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Back

ANY back routine should be built around the deadlift..... Best exercise for the lower and middle back, excellent for thickness and also one of the best overall exercises PERIOD....

For ya lats or "wings"...:

Pull-ups: Grab a horizontal bar wit a pronated grip (overhand, palms facing outward), somewhat wider than shoulder width and raise yourself up till you have your chin over the bar, then lower yourself back down. a.ssisted by the biceps.

Chin-ups: Same as the above, except you use a supinated grip (underhand, palms facing inward) and have your hands close together, a couple inches in from shoulder width. a.ssisted by the biceps, somewhat more than the pull-ups.

Lateral Pulldowns: A machine that mimicks the above exercises, useful for those who are unable to lift their own bodyweight for a desired number of reps.

Pullovers: Lying flat on your back on a bench, grab a dumbbell, hold it above your head and lower it backwards without bending your elbows till your arms are parallell to your body. Then raise your arms back up. a.ssisted by the chest and the serratus.

For ya lower traps and middle back...:

Deadlift: The #1 exercise for back thickness. Wit the barbell lying on the ground, bend your knees, grab the bar and stand up, making sure your back is straight throughout the movement. Sounds simple, but form is crucial. Have someone spot you the first couple of times till you get the form down. Also works your thighs, upper traps and rear delts.

Barbell rows: Grab a barbell or EZ-bar, bend forward till your hip is at about a 45 degree angle and wit a slight bend in your knees, lower the bar straight down and lift it up to your chest, squeezing your shoulder blades together at the top of the movement. a.ssisted by the biceps.

Dumbbell rows: Get a flat bench, put one knee on it, the other foot on the ground. Bend forward at the hip till your upper body is parallell to the bench and grab a dumbbell. Lift the dumbbell straight up till it reaches your side, then lower it. Make sure you're not twisting your upper body or throwing the weight up. a.ssisted by the biceps and lats.

Shoulders

The frontal part of your shoulders, the posterior delts, get worked pretty heavily from pressing exercises such as the bench press and rarely need a lot of isolated exercises. Front raises and similar lifts are therefore often rather redundant.

For ya shoulders...:

Military press: In the squat rack, stand up, lower the bar to your chest and lift it straight up over your head. Can also be done seated. Either way, be sure you're not arching you back too much. a.ssisted by the triceps.

Dumbbell presses: Sit on an incline bench wit the back straight up. Kick a pair of dumbbells up to your shoulders and lifte them up over your head, touching your shoulder at the bottom and each other at the top. Again, make sure your back isn't arching too much. a.ssisted by the triceps.

Lateral raises (Side delts): Stand up, grab a dumbbell in each hand, hold them in front of your groin area and lift them sidewards, keeping your elbows up and your pinkies higher than your thumbs. Do NOT jerk the weights up, as you will just damage your rotator cuffs. a.ssisted by the upper traps.

Upright rows (Side/rear delts): Grab a barbell, hold it in front of you and raise it up to your chin. At the top of the movement, pull your shoulders back. a.ssisted by the upper traps.

Neck

Not really a big fan of huge upper traps and the excersise alternatives for this muscle group are rather limited.... Either way....

For ya shoulders....:

Barbell shrugs: Hold a barbell in front of you and pull your shoulders up, squeezing you shoulder blades together at the top. Don't bend your elbows to lift the weight up and do NOT roll your shoulders. Again, your rotator cuffs will get messed up.

Dumbbell shrugs: Same as the above, but wit dumbbells instead. Hodl the dumbbells along your sides and pull your shoulders up, squeezing your shoulder blades at the top. Again, no bending your elbows and NO rolling your shoulders.

That was a couple of my favoured exercises for back/shoulders/neck..... I'm thinking bout putting one of these up in the other 'Index of Exercises' threads. If there's any interest in that, holla back.....
 11 years ago '04        #6
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,746 | Props total: 86 86
Military Press
Shrugs
Lat Pull Down
Shoulder Circuit (Involves DB side and front raises plus 2 other things)
 07-10-2005, 12:58 AM         #7
Pone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Daddys home, real solid post, you basically took everything i was gonna say.. LISTEN TO HIM, great ideas, and explanations... propped ya BTW
 07-25-2005, 08:10 AM         #8
jimic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1. 4 x 10 Standing Shoulder Press with Increasing weight
2. 3 x 10 Sitting Shoulder Dumbell Press with increasing weight
3. 3 x 10 Drop Set side lateral raises starting at ie 30, 25, 20 then finish it off with front lateral riase with a 45 barbell
4. Superset. 3 x 10. First exercise lateral cabel raises behind you, Second Shrugs infront with 80% weight then right to Shrugs behind with a close gripp at about 50% of max weight.

This is a pretty intense shoulder workout but trust me the results are amazing. My traps exploded and the power from standing shoulder press is amazing.
 07-25-2005, 08:12 AM         #9
jimic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Daddys home pretty much said it about deads...cant beat deads for back. they are so fundamental. Also for the "wings" chins chins chins...you cant get better at chins any other way then doing more of them...they are so effective for lats its rediculous. If you dont believe me and think pull downs are gonna do it start off every back routine with 3 x10 of chins in different positions, even if you have to use a.ssisted for the last couple reps.
 11 years ago '05        #10
NDeepThawt 
space
space
$220 | Props total: 0 0
I like to do supersets for any muscle groups that I work out at the gym. For example, if I am doing military press for shoulders and then jump straight to front raises without a rest. That sh*t pumps you up.

Also, when doing military press for shoulders don't let barbell or dumbbells get below your ears, you will seriously mess up your rotator cuffs.

Peace ya............
 11 years ago '04        #11
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$10,898 | Props total: 102 102
- Shoulder/Military Press
- Shoulder Flies
- Shrugs
- Seated Row
- Bent-over Row
- Lat Pull-downs
 11 years ago '05        #12
Ad1288 
space
space
$865 | Props total: 141 141
man im gonna get huge with this info
 11 years ago '05        #13
kendolo 
space
space
space
$69 | Props total: 0 0
make sure you always inclue deadlifts when doing back. best back exercise
 01-24-2006, 07:09 AM         #14
Grimey|Niggah 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice Looks
 06-04-2006, 05:30 AM         #15
CKUreprezent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nice post
 06-09-2006, 07:52 PM         #16
Gurvinder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its hard to find a good neck exercise out there, especially when your gym does not have a specified machine for the neck but i found this one that really works and helps develop the muscels in your neck, not your traps, but literally your neck.

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #17
ImSoBroke 
space
space
$1,040 | Props total: 9 9
for back i mostly do pull ups. i just started im at about 25 a day.im not tryin to get big just more lean and slim
 10 years ago '06        #18
kosterzoo 
space
space
$820 | Props total: 1 1
Javarek Complex is a good one if you suffer rotator cuff or any form of shoulder injury. I do it myself at the moment because I have a labral and capsule tear in my shoulder, its basically just combining all your basic movements into one but the weight remains low making it ideal for rehab purposes.

Front Raise (Thumbs Up), Side Raise (Thumbs Up), Side Raise (Palms Down), Prone Fly, Upright Row, Shoulder Press

6x reps of each done in sucession and continuous. 2sets with 90seconds rest between.
 10 years ago '04        #19
knicedaking 
space
space
$229 | Props total: 0 0
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
great info
 09-09-2006, 01:03 AM         #20
seindiamond 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 damedolla said:
here is a simple routine for your back.
1st-seated row-hits middle and upper back
2nd-lat pulldown-hits your lats.
3rd-bent over row-use dumbell or barbell.
3 sets,6-10 reps each exercise
these are good foundation exercises.will help build mass.having a strong back and abs(core) will help increase your bench..
if any1 knows any good execrises for your back using dumbells please post
Dumb bell rows, pullovers.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ray-j launches the Scoot-E-Bike , is it the successor to the hoverboard?
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Japanese Men Trying to Pronounce "Massachusetts"
66 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tyrann Mathieu's Sister
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey Wont Stop Talking: Meet the NFLs next shutdown corner
80 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 27 - The brain becomes 'unified' when hallucinating on LSD
252 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Meek Mill Announces DC4 Release Date
133 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside OFFFICAL: Dom Kennedy "Los Angeles Not For Sale Vol. 1 (Anticipation/Di..
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Meek Mill's Philly Goon Tony Rose Calls Out The Game & Wack100 For Touc..
126 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy