If Aaliyah were still alive would she still dominate the scene?

most viewed right now
 60
Waka Flocka Flame Responds To Gucci Mane's Hot 97 Interview
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 57
Video inside Well Damn DRAKE - PLEASE FORGIVE ME Video out now non apple link come i..
23 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 52
Image(s) inside For $100,000 would you do it?? Hmmm..
71 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 32
Video inside The Only Rappers Girlfriend Thats Not A Thot
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 04-21-2005, 02:21 PM         #61
r345r 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
everyone coming out right now is an aaliyah clone so of course she would dominate.
 04-23-2005, 08:15 AM         #62
SmoothHoosier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I didn't feel Aaliyah one bit. Her entire career was Timbaland just like Magoo & Bubba Sparxx. She may have been fine, but her singing was on the same level as...lets say...Ashanti or Nivea. No strength in Aaliyah's voice at all.
 04-23-2005, 08:37 AM         #63
eternalmakaveli 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aaliyah isn't anything special, she is just like all the other r'n'b chicks.
 11 years ago '04        #64
marshall law 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,405 | Props total: 55 55
 SmoothHoosier said:
I didn't feel Aaliyah one bit. Her entire career was Timbaland just like Magoo & Bubba Sparxx. She may have been fine, but her singing was on the same level as...lets say...Ashanti or Nivea. No strength in Aaliyah's voice at all.
Yo, are you serious? First off, she was hot from her FIRST album (which was produced by R. Kelly), so Tim obviously wasn't her ENTIRE career. Aaliyah brought a whole style of her own to the game. What you call a weak voice, was actually a perfect compliment to those bass-heavy beats she sang over. Plus, she had excellent timing when she sang and her voice was smooth and relaxing, kinda like a young Sade. Everyone can't have powerful pipes like Mary and Faith or ridiculous range like Mariah and Whitney, but Aaliyah could actually sing, which made her 10 times better than Ashanti and Nivea (and you can throw Ciara and that horrible Keisha Cole chick in there too) will ever be. Holla.
 11 years ago '05        #65
Killinit 
space
space
space
$1,078 | Props total: 0 0
haha, destiny's child you fu*king homo, bet u love that new joint by them "girls" or do you need a soldier
 krs1 said:
prolly, i mean she could dance real well and she still had that 90's style rnb in mind when she recorded. only female artists i mess wit are alicia keys, destiny's child(survivor album), TLC. Ciara is kinda coo.
 11 years ago '05        #66
Killinit 
space
space
space
$1,078 | Props total: 0 0
agreed with you guys that she wasnt anything special, she had catchy songs like everyone else in the game, she wasnt in her own class or anything, just cause she dead now you acting like she was some legend. She had some R & B songs and they werent that even that hot. They were alright songs but she got nothing thats a classic or anything. Acting like she all that or like she even dominated back then, please she wasnt a huge star back then and she wouldnt be now
 04-24-2005, 12:37 PM         #67
tamm88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Killinit said:
agreed with you guys that she wasnt anything special, she had catchy songs like everyone else in the game, she wasnt in her own class or anything, just cause she dead now you acting like she was some legend. She had some R & B songs and they werent that even that hot. They were alright songs but she got nothing thats a classic or anything. Acting like she all that or like she even dominated back then, please she wasnt a huge star back then and she wouldnt be now
she wasn`t a legend yet. she was just legendary material. but that wasn`t the topic.. "If Aaliyah were still alive would she still dominate the scene? " <- wether u want to believe it or not she did have most of the 90`s on lock, and still managed to come back in 01` and sell 200, 000 da first week. in about 3o years "one in a million" will be a classic.. trust.
 04-24-2005, 12:40 PM         #68
tamm88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SmoothHoosier said:
I didn't feel Aaliyah one bit. Her entire career was Timbaland just like Magoo & Bubba Sparxx. She may have been fine, but her singing was on the same level as...lets say...Ashanti or Nivea. No strength in Aaliyah's voice at all.
lol.. wow @ ashanti. NO bruh. NO
 04-24-2005, 12:45 PM         #69
ebola 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Is it only me or Amerie kinda reminds me of Aaliyah?Now, dont get me wrong she is not even close in hits, sales etc..but just here whole vibe is kinda "aaliyah-ish"?
 04-24-2005, 12:49 PM         #70
karimsaleh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
straight up its simple...the sh*t that everyone is coming out with nowadays doesnt even compare to aaliyah stuff...during the 90s thats when msot of the HUGE talent came out...and its still around...you have your pac and biggie you have your jayzs your faith and your mary j...and aaliyah was riding that wave...she was destined for huge success...all thse artists are still huge today...You cant even use ashanti in the same sentence as her...thats just disrespect...girl had talent and could sing
 04-24-2005, 01:52 PM         #71
Sregor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
she would of been selling albums, but alicia keys will still be winning all the awards
alicia keys> Aaliyah.
 04-24-2005, 03:34 PM         #72
digitalis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aaliyah > any r`n`b chick out and whoever planning on coming out

nuff said
 11 years ago '04        #73
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$6,953 | Props total: 64 64
 marshall law said:
Yo, are you serious? First off, she was hot from her FIRST album (which was produced by R. Kelly), so Tim obviously wasn't her ENTIRE career. Aaliyah brought a whole style of her own to the game. What you call a weak voice, was actually a perfect compliment to those bass-heavy beats she sang over. Plus, she had excellent timing when she sang and her voice was smooth and relaxing, kinda like a young Sade. Everyone can't have powerful pipes like Mary and Faith or ridiculous range like Mariah and Whitney, but Aaliyah could actually sing, which made her 10 times better than Ashanti and Nivea (and you can throw Ciara and that horrible Keisha Cole chick in there too) will ever be. Holla.

^Co signs.
Personally i think aaliyah was better looking than any R&B chick today. Milian comes close though
 11 years ago '05        #74
boybunn 
space
avatar space
space
$463 | Props total: 0 0
if babygirl was still here she may not be running thangs like many of yall have said but still she would be top 3 witout a doubt.. R.I.P
 04-29-2005, 06:26 AM         #75
tantalizing_t2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i would say it would be a tight competition between her and ciara, aaliyah was overly talented and i even could see that she'd probably be doing nuff of the dances ciara comin in with. But don't sleep on Mya that girl can dance her a.ss off too. I think it would be really tight btwn aaliyah and ciara. the media would make all comparisons btwn them.
 04-29-2005, 06:36 AM         #76
uDonTknoWmE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sregor said:
no..............................................

I agree. She was talened for sure. Its mostly Timberland's beats that made her hot. Her vocals werent better compared to Keys and Beyonce--actually not even close. True, they have different styles but I see her being somewhere on Ashanti's level. Good beats, aight voice, acting skills, etc.
 05-01-2005, 09:15 PM         #77
Innasense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tamm88 said:
she wasn`t a legend yet. she was just legendary material. but that wasn`t the topic.. "If Aaliyah were still alive would she still dominate the scene? " <- wether u want to believe it or not she did have most of the 90`s on lock, and still managed to come back in 01` and sell 200, 000 da first week. in about 3o years "one in a million" will be a classic.. trust.
Dat "Aaliyah" album sold 130,000 copies its first week,and continued to fall off the charts until she fell out the plane, then it sold... and once again aaliyah never had the 90's on lock... Brandy had sh*t locked in the 90s!
 05-01-2005, 09:16 PM         #78
Innasense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 #1nasfan said:
Did She Ever Really "DOMINATE" The Scene?

NO!!!!Simply Put~
 05-03-2005, 11:01 AM         #79
tamm88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Innasense said:
Dat "Aaliyah" album sold 130,000 copies its first week,and continued to fall off the charts until she fell out the plane, then it sold... and once again aaliyah never had the 90's on lock... Brandy had sh*t locked in the 90s!
Aaliyah's Aaliyah sold an impressive 196,893 copies in its first week to debut at Number Two, though the number still falls short of the 254,000 first-week figure registered by the Aaliyah-heavy Romeo Must Die soundtrack, released last year. Further down, Foxy Brown's Broken Silence and Kurupt's Space Boogie: Smoke Oddity both registered solid sales for Top Ten debuts .. blah blah blah
- guy doesn`t know anything he`s talking about! ..
 11 years ago '05        #80
habib 
space
space
space
$720 | Props total: 0 0
she would be on top right now, she was heading upwards when she passed, her movie career was about to explode, and the aaliyah album helped push her to superstar status
rest in peace aaliyah
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 21
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
bruh the Menace 2 Society Interrogation Scene got me fu-king crying :dead:
45 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 14
Sep 23 - Stephen Hawking Just Issued a Chilling Warning to Scientists Searchin..
194 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Cartoons That End So Unexpectedly It Will Make You Laugh
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
181 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
50 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Chopped Cheese V. Philly CheeseSteak what you choose?
81 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 6
Luke Cage Is the Unapologetically Bold Superhero Show Iíve Been Waiting for!#F..
53 comments
1 day ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy