If Aaliyah were still alive would she still dominate the scene?

most viewed right now
Video inside The Game - Pest Control (Official Music Video)
374 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sep 26 - Virginia Police Department Popping The Hoods On Cop Cars To Block Das..
33 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside To smash your girl's best friend or nah. WWYD?
131 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside You can't find women like this anywhere
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-11-2005, 01:06 PM         #41
Chicago_Ma773 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Brandy did have a backing tape but her vocals was live except the background vocals. That much is true and I haven't paid too much attention to Aaliyah's live shows but the Jay Leno was the best I've seen of her. And I got that info from Rolling Stone from her album falling so quickly. I don't think Aaliyah would be the top-top chick but I think she would be in like the top hmmm 10.
 04-11-2005, 02:43 PM         #42
tamm88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chicago_Ma773 said:
Brandy did have a backing tape but her vocals was live except the background vocals. That much is true and I haven't paid too much attention to Aaliyah's live shows but the Jay Leno was the best I've seen of her. And I got that info from Rolling Stone from her album falling so quickly. I don't think Aaliyah would be the top-top chick but I think she would be in like the top hmmm 10.
.. go to http://queensofsoul-rnb.forumactif.com(u need java language enhancer.). (die hard fans)<- they critique her every performance.. they all agree that it was pre-recorded, as she uses the same backing tape every time she performs da song.

The Jay-Leno from Aaliyah was one of her weaker performances to me.. but to check statis of aaliyah lp when it dropped browse billboard.
 04-12-2005, 10:57 AM         #43
Nasir Jones 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I loved her when she was around but notice her album sales increased after her death which shows its only time until some other chick would have replaced her... sad but its the truth.
 04-12-2005, 09:10 PM         #44
tamm88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nasir Jones said:
I loved her when she was around but notice her album sales increased after her death which shows its only time until some other chick would have replaced her... sad but its the truth.
.. which would be true for any female singer with a sudden death .. right??
keep in mind her lp did well for her 1st single to not even be in the top ten.
 04-12-2005, 09:34 PM         #45
S.I. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aaaliyah>Ashanti,olivia,monica,brandy and etc
 04-12-2005, 09:40 PM         #46
TaXeS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
r.i.p. angel...
 11 years ago '05        #47
iheartnas|m 
space
space
$1,133 | Props total: 0 0
In My Honest Opinion:
Allyiah would have become the princess of R&b and prolly done a few more collabos..she had all the talent and experiece (she'd been doin it since 15 yo) and right at the time she died, she had it all in tha palm of her hand... really is sad to silence a beautifl voice....
 04-14-2005, 02:35 PM         #48
Ju$tin15 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
r.i.p. aaliyah...

it would be tight between her, alicia keys, and lauryn hill
 11 years ago '04        #49
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,149 | Props total: 1936 1936
Did She Ever Really "DOMINATE" The Scene?
 04-14-2005, 02:48 PM         #50
Dome625 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Don't know....she prolly still be hot, but music change, peoples taste change. Ciara is a little clone of her so it's kinda good to see that come back...B wouldn't have been so hot. AKeys might not have been either...whose to say.

Same thing can be said of Jay-Z if BIG weren't dead...whose to say.
 11 years ago '04        #51
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,149 | Props total: 1936 1936
 Dome625 said:
Don't know....she prolly still be hot, but music change, peoples taste change. Ciara is a little clone of her so it's kinda good to see that come back...B wouldn't have been so hot. AKeys might not have been either...whose to say.

Same thing can be said of Jay-Z if BIG weren't dead...whose to say.
i say alicia keys would still be what she is today cuz imo Aaliyah was not the great artist that everyone says she was if you ask me she is just another artist that wasn't known as great until she died there are some that are more talented her

Last edited by #1nasfan; 04-14-2005 at 02:56 PM..
 04-14-2005, 03:30 PM         #52
Dome625 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 #1nasfan said:
i say alicia keys would still be what she is today cuz imo Aaliyah was not the great artist that everyone says she was if you ask me she is just another artist that wasn't known as great until she died there are some that are more talented her
I take nothing away from Alicia Keys, that's my baby. I keep tellin my wife if she come around I'm leavin...lol. But 4 real as you said she didn't really blow up until she died. Sad to see it that way.
 04-14-2005, 04:03 PM         #53
tamm88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 #1nasfan said:
Did She Ever Really "DOMINATE" The Scene?
uhm .. can i ask a ? .. where were you between the years 96-2000 .. did u watch t.v.?? .. did u go outside ?? and see what girls were wearing .. what the majority of scrappers were bumping? ..

P. Diddy- "Aaliyah Most Deff. got the game locked right now" - 1998 Vibe "Boss Coverage".
 04-15-2005, 12:48 AM         #54
jayknockoutz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hell yeh she'd be on top..
 04-17-2005, 03:30 AM         #55
akilshohen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
she was on her way to her creative peak, so she most likely would of been on top. It probably would of been her, A Keys and B as the top 3.
 04-18-2005, 08:22 PM         #56
Cassanova Brown 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
brandy and lauryn hill had the late 90s. aaliyah doesnt even have anything to show for the late 90s. her stuff was straight, but she didnt dominate anything. she was maintaining. she'd probably be in Felloffsville with Brandy and Ashanti right now if she was still alive. she was b-list before the crash and then all of a sudden all these closet fans come outta nowhere and start buyin her cd's and tryin to pass her off as a legend. exact same thing would happen to a guy like Mario if he died today and we all know he isnt runnin anything

Last edited by Cassanova Brown; 04-18-2005 at 08:24 PM..
 04-18-2005, 08:56 PM         #57
Chicago_Ma773 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cassanova Brown said:
brandy and lauryn hill had the late 90s. aaliyah doesnt even have anything to show for the late 90s. her stuff was straight, but she didnt dominate anything. she was maintaining. she'd probably be in Felloffsville with Brandy and Ashanti right now if she was still alive. she was b-list before the crash and then all of a sudden all these closet fans come outta nowhere and start buyin her cd's and tryin to pass her off as a legend. exact same thing would happen to a guy like Mario if he died today and we all know he isnt runnin anything
I agree... And Brandy can fall off cause she still got dough :D
 04-19-2005, 05:53 PM         #58
tamm88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cassanova Brown said:

wow .. ok- she was a waaaay more popular singer than mario that`s for sure. then u say b-list??= impossible can u think of any rnb female that warner bro`s would seek after for the matrix (2 & 3). .. 3 mil is not b-list bro. =].
--BRANDY went gold .. Ashanti goes platinum-but she can`t hold her own[period]
 04-19-2005, 06:30 PM         #59
Quiksilver 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love Aaliyah too...but let the damn girl rest in peace...
 11 years ago '04        #60
JHawk972 
space
space
$1,339 | Props total: 2 2
she would have been on top R.I.P
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Cockroach Giving Birth While Being Devoured By Fire Ants!
46 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T.I.'s Daughter Dodges Jail Time Over Airport Gun Charge, Just Like He..
33 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Am I Goin to Hell? Pt 4
55 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx One gotta go for good
121 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ: Video of beanie getting knocked out and meek crew take credit
242 comments
18 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 26 - Off-duty cop who killed Delrawn Small in road rage incident c..
29 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Beans really got paws put on him smh
88 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vado shares pic of incarcerated Loon
137 comments
2 days ago