If Aaliyah were still alive would she still dominate the scene?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Maino Responds to Wack100! Questions his gangsta..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Meek Mill's Philly Goon Tony Rose Calls Out The Game & Wack100 For Touc..
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside wack100 calls out Maino
446 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Meek Mill Announces ‘DC4’ Release Date
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-03-2005, 12:42 PM         #21
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tamm88 said:
lol .. yesss- she did dominate da late 90`s.. alla her singles was hittin number one. thats all people talked about was aaliyah till da point where it made me sick.. none the less (remained a fan). and to da people who mention alicia and beyonce yess they are power houses :p .. but aaliyah had 100% more harmony then both of em` put together.. just listen to her lp.. i have never in my life heard a female hit da notes she does.. she creates her own.
Tru She Did Hav Her Hits But So Did Mary, Mariah, Brandy And Prolly 15 Otha Female R&B Artists Did 2 Yes She Was Very Talented
 04-03-2005, 01:24 PM         #22
tamm88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 billieskeet said:
Tru She Did Hav Her Hits But So Did Mary, Mariah, Brandy And Prolly 15 Otha Female R&B Artists Did 2 Yes She Was Very Talented
"da late 90`s" .. brandy was corny as hell.. Mary J. was cool, Monica was blah! .. and Mariah was doin it but she ain`t have love from da hood.. she wasn`t "it" .. Aaliyah was "it".. One in a Mill stayed around fa` like 3 yrs- Truece .. so if she was still around today she would be doin it.. cause most ah` deez females wouldn`t be around..

aaliyah knows how to upgrade her style without bitin` another artist or being corny.. eg. monica, brandy, and mary j. .. etc.
 04-03-2005, 05:58 PM         #23
Chicago_Ma773 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
omg u sick i like aaliyah like everybody else but if u read my last post, i made points and facts about the artist u just listed. sound more like a stan than a fan
 04-03-2005, 06:48 PM         #24
Jugeote 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I sincerely doubt it-she had great production, but I def could see her being outshined by A. Keys and the like..
 11 years ago '04        #25
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,427 | Props total: 9 9
If she was still alive she would still be one of the best, if not the best r&b singer right now. Most of these r&b singers would not be here right now if she was still here and if it wasn't for her. She influenced a lot of artists. So of course she would be on top!! No one would be able to touch her!! Propz to the person who made this topic!
 04-03-2005, 07:53 PM         #26
DaMassacre 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
r.i.p.
 04-05-2005, 07:52 PM         #27
tamm88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chicago_Ma773 said:
Sorry but Brandy held the 90's down far as teen rnb singers go. Don't believe me? Never Say Never did 4.5 million and 13 million world wide. One in a Million didn't do that. Not tryna take away from Babygirl cause her, timbo and missy brought something to rnb that reshaped it but naw, she wouldnt be the number one chick right now but she would def be in the TOP DAWG club. And it seems like the 90 rnb chicks have fell off. Monica barely sold plat. She was certified but sold 800,000 and Brandy- got the best reviews of her career and her album tanked. And Aaliyah's last album, "Aaliyah" only went on to sale good after her untimely death. Her album was #49 and "We Need a Resolution" had vanished from the charts. So who knows? I know she woulda had all these hoes in acting cause Beyonce is a mess.
brandy did not hold the 90`s down .. don`t get me wrong she sold records .. but refer to mtv 95-99 .. refer to bet .. refer to tv period her commercial came on almost every channel.. but most of all refer to da streets back in do 90`s .. brandy could not perform at da Oscars and have Celine dion(wuteva da chick name) in tears.. she ain`t have lil girls all over da world learning her dances.. she did not hold do 90`s down.. compare onna her vids to Aaliyah`s .. period .. but i ain`t gon argue wit u .. if u like brandy bigs da u.
 04-06-2005, 02:37 PM         #28
Chicago_Ma773 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tamm88 said:
brandy did not hold the 90`s down .. don`t get me wrong she sold records .. but refer to mtv 95-99 .. refer to bet .. refer to tv period her commercial came on almost every channel.. but most of all refer to da streets back in do 90`s .. brandy could not perform at da Oscars and have Celine dion(wuteva da chick name) in tears.. she ain`t have lil girls all over da world learning her dances.. she did not hold do 90`s down.. compare onna her vids to Aaliyah`s .. period .. but i ain`t gon argue wit u .. if u like brandy bigs da u.
I'm not argugin you wit either and that's all good she did that but do you think people are really gonna look @ sales over who made who cry? I dont think so. I'm glad Aaliyah did all that but people checkin' for sales. Not for who made the best vids which out of all these chicks, Aaliyah did but lets be real here. Sales is where it counts for most people and aaliyah's wasnt that stellar.
 04-06-2005, 03:50 PM         #29
Innasense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sorry to say aaliyah didnt dominate sh*t when she was alive, and right before she died her career was going down! so no!
 04-06-2005, 03:53 PM         #30
Innasense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
brandy sold triple of wat aaliyah did during the 90's aaliyah wasn't sh*t!
 04-06-2005, 04:18 PM         #31
Jayborne23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 digitalis said:
without a doubt she would be on top
If she was alive, this whole R. Kelly thing would be more interesting
 04-06-2005, 05:00 PM         #32
Innasense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jayborne23 said:
If she was alive, this whole R. Kelly thing would be more interesting

thats the only thing she'd have poppin' fa her!
 04-06-2005, 05:19 PM         #33
The Associate 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k Brandy....corny a.ss bi*ch....

If Aaliyah was still alive, she probably wouldn't be dominating the scene, but she would still have some hits and better songs than most these fake a.ss bi*ches that's out today.....Nivea, Mashonda, Ciara, Nina Sky, Yonnie.......
 04-06-2005, 08:42 PM         #34
Innasense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The a.ssociate said:
fu*k Brandy....corny a.ss bi*ch....

If Aaliyah was still alive, she probably wouldn't be dominating the scene, but she would still have some hits and better songs than most these fake a.ss bi*ches that's out today.....Nivea, Mashonda, Ciara, Nina Sky, Yonnie.......
fu*k aaliyah non singing a.ss! she was just a pretty face, nothing more! sorry!
 11 years ago '04        #35
pimppoet 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,792 | Props total: 41 41
damn cats getting all serious bout the situation ne way i think the r. kelly drama would have hurt her no matter how good her album missy tim n n'em never really had a mega following compared 2 the other people in the rap/rnb game at the time they had a diff styles which another people wasnt feelin like the neptunes when they 1st came out except for ginuwine n aaliyah but as mentioned u had brandy,monica,ur 1 n 2 hit wonders, alotta other i cant think of off top aaliyah was koo but now nedays transitioning from music 2 film aint that serious/new n still not accepted by all but if she pulled some jamie fox type sh*t she might dominate the scene cuz its alot of female singer out these days many arent up 2 par
 04-07-2005, 05:12 PM         #36
Bloodline213 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Innasense said:
Brandy can't sing worth sh*t either.

MISS AFLOPSIDIAC
 04-07-2005, 09:15 PM         #37
Innasense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bloodline213 said:
Brandy can't sing worth sh*t either.

MISS AFLOPSIDIAC
Brandy sold more off one album den aaliyah sold her entire career... the bi*ch had 2 die for anybody gave her any attention! must we add she still aint got no grammy! brandy sh*ts on her in every way!
 04-10-2005, 02:48 AM         #38
tamm88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Innasense said:

:eek: lol .. aaliyah can`t sing??? .. go and search da net for "The One I Gave My Heart to LIVE", "Try Again" Rosie LIVE .. and "Journey to da Past" LIVE .. your oppinion would be diff .. the R. Kelly stuff wudn`t touch her.. and as far as taking up for brandy .. she can`t sing SORRY . check promotion for her latest cd, all her live stuff was previously recorded buddy .. she made me laugh with her fake as.s "breathing hard" after she lip sinc "Talk about Our Love" on da BET red carpet.. she`s b00ty da tell you the truth.. maybe i need da upload some exclusive AALIYAH performances for yall corny as.s niqqas.
 04-11-2005, 04:50 AM         #39
Chicago_Ma773 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Brandy may have fell off with this album sales wise but critics ate it up and Aaliyah's last work only got noticed because of her untimely death. Before she died, her album was #49 on the charts. I wouldn't call that runnin' thangs. And yes, Aaliyah sung live but it wasn't all that hot. The best live show she did imo was "More than a Woman" on Jay Leno. The band is sick and her vocals was on point. And check Brandy doing "Who Is She 2 U" on The Today Show. Live vocals, dancing and a hot a.ss band.
 04-11-2005, 10:46 AM         #40
tamm88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chicago_Ma773 said:
Brandy may have fell off with this album sales wise but critics ate it up and Aaliyah's last work only got noticed because of her untimely death. Before she died, her album was #49 on the charts. I wouldn't call that runnin' thangs. And yes, Aaliyah sung live but it wasn't all that hot. The best live show she did imo was "More than a Woman" on Jay Leno. The band is sick and her vocals was on point. And check Brandy doing "Who Is She 2 U" on The Today Show. Live vocals, dancing and a hot a.ss band.
once again brandy`s vocals were pre-recorded on the TODAY SHOW (pay clost attention ma) respect your opinnion doe. but uhm no .. AALiYAH`s lp was number 22(not 49) and it was her third week on da charts..trust though if rock the boat wudda dropped while she was alive, her lp would have flew back up the charts(just as ciara lp flew up da charts when 1,2 step and Oh dropped) .. Aaliyah, she sold 200 thousand the first week.

and when Aaliyah sang live.. it was all dat hot.. she ain`t never never (and i mean never lip sang)except. TOTP(try again) .. something that even beyonce was forced to do.
.. just a suggestion .. browse da net for "4 page letter"-Morning Show.. her vocals was on point.. sounded better den da record. :)
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside How much money do barbers make?
145 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside That's the most beautiful ass I've ever seen
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When your co-worker dumb as fu-k
49 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Just seen The Wolf Of Wall Street 2 days ago...
56 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside The Game - Pest Control (Official Music Video)
467 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside OFFFICAL: Dom Kennedy "Los Angeles Not For Sale Vol. 1 (Anticipation/Di..
81 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kid Cudi - Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin (Tracklist)
117 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sep 26 - POLL OF POLLS: The people say Trump won it easily
191 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy