If Aaliyah were still alive would she still dominate the scene?

most viewed right now
B Bumper almost gets Clapped
77 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
OT Shannon Sharpe & Nick Wright on Undisputed Speaking 10..
27 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside DJ Envy Argues Stop-And-Frisk Took Guns Off The Streets
177 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rob Kardashian posts Kylie Jenner's # online after family doesn't inv..
110 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-28-2005, 10:55 PM         #1
6273 pageviews
126 comments

workmagic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If Aaliyah were still alive would she still dominate the scene?

Aaliyah had the late 90s on lock. Timbaland was the perfect match for her. Its sad that shes gone cause she was the only chick i really fu*ked wit in rnb.

126 comments for "If Aaliyah were still alive would she still dominate the scene?"

11 years ago '04        #2
krs1 
space
space
space
$2,106 | Props total: 4 4
prolly, i mean she could dance real well and she still had that 90's style rnb in mind when she recorded. only female artists i mess wit are alicia keys, destiny's child(survivor album), TLC. Ciara is kinda coo.
 03-28-2005, 11:42 PM         #3
Tuggles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ima say yes since most of the new females are leightweigt tryn to b her..an another about baby girl was that her albums matured and got betta with all 3 so i would have expected if she release a 4th album that it would have been nice...even tho at first i really didnt liek the AAliyah album once i really listened its a real good cd and she is spittn some real sh*t on there

Last edited by Tuggles; 03-28-2005 at 11:43 PM..
 03-28-2005, 11:49 PM         #4
workmagic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
another thing i used to like about her, shes used to sing for dudes, not hatin on us,just gamin us. theres somethin about her i havent seen in any of these new chicks
 11 years ago '04        #5
S|S 
space
space
$11,589 | Props total: 1 1
She would be on top right now. And Lauryn Hill as well if she didn't go awol.
 03-29-2005, 12:34 AM         #6
SUPAGUNZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
she'd have her share but you know there r the keys and beyonces with too much talent 4 her to even overcome although she had her movie thing bubblin
 11 years ago '04        #7
Rashad69 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,745 | Props total: 808 808
Whose to say they would blew like they did with her there? And I mean, theres room in the game for everyone to blow, it aint like Aaliyah could be compared to their images, cuz they all had different ones.
 03-29-2005, 01:51 AM         #8
Bang 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SUPAGUNZ said:
she'd have her share but you know there r the keys and beyonces with too much talent 4 her to even overcome although she had her movie thing bubblin

All three of them have differnent styles, they would have all blown up together.....
 03-29-2005, 07:01 PM         #9
rule1904 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
IMO if aaliyah were still alive beyonce would not have been as big as she was in 2003/2004 its so sad aaliyah had to go at such a young age. she was about to be on top for real..she had 2 movies that were obviously gonna be hits and she was always ahead of the game w/ her style and music..everytime i see more than a woman or rock the boat i am like damn her style is still hot today she was a step above a lot of other female rnb artists out now
 03-29-2005, 08:50 PM         #10
Sregor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no..............................................
 11 years ago '04        #11
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$10,898 | Props total: 101 101
No, but she would still be on top 3. She had her own style which I luved cuz all female artist are same or have some gimmick (some exceptions).

She didn't have the game on lock but 90-99 female rnb >> 2000+

Last edited by enetblazin4eva; 03-30-2005 at 04:45 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #12
justinjones 292 heat pts292
space
space
$47,300 | Props total: 1770 1770
aaliyah woulda been up there.its kinda sad that the beats the timbaland had after she died cuz she woulda k!lled em. and ciara might as well been non existence. she seems like a clone to me for some reaosn but she still ok to me
 11 years ago '04        #13
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,617 | Props total: 1 1
I never really seen som1 dominate the rnb game ther self, female wise..its all spread around

but she wud b top 3..
 04-02-2005, 04:01 PM         #14
Tuggles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SUPAGUNZ said:
a.keys is in on a different level....and y do people think that beyonce is the sh*t..first off she was out when aaliyah was alive even tho she wasnt solo and when she was in DC at first she was the NOT the girl getting hte most attention Letoya was even tho B sang the most and them when they got the new girls it was Farrah getting attention..B can sing but she is soo fu*kjn overrated its not funny...and she cnat perform she think she is tina turner and what sheneeds to do is b herself for DC to her solo sh*t all she/they do is try to b others like a little en vouge and her think she tina turner or somebody..........
 04-02-2005, 04:43 PM         #15
digitalis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
without a doubt she would be on top
 11 years ago '04        #16
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,750 | Props total: 0 0
i dont know... dont get me wrong , aaliyah was nice, but as far as beyonce & alicia keyes...who helped them???? aaliyah had r kelly & timbaland, not hatin but who's to say ????

u can ask the same wit pac & big
 04-02-2005, 05:13 PM         #17
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2 Be Honest Aaliyah Was Never Dominant When She Was Alive She Had Hits But I Think Shes Bigger Now That Shes Dead Than She Was When She Was Alive. And 2 Answer The Question No She Wouldnt Be On Top. Theres No Female R&B Artist That I'd Choose Head Over Heels Over The Others.
 04-02-2005, 11:59 PM         #18
tamm88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 billieskeet said:
2 Be Honest Aaliyah Was Never Dominant When She Was Alive She Had Hits But I Think Shes Bigger Now That Shes Dead Than She Was When She Was Alive. And 2 Answer The Question No She Wouldnt Be On Top. Theres No Female R&B Artist That I'd Choose Head Over Heels Over The Others.

lol .. yesss- she did dominate da late 90`s.. alla her singles was hittin number one. thats all people talked about was aaliyah till da point where it made me sick.. none the less (remained a fan). and to da people who mention alicia and beyonce yess they are power houses :p .. but aaliyah had 100% more harmony then both of em` put together.. just listen to her lp.. i have never in my life heard a female hit da notes she does.. she creates her own.
 11 years ago '05        #19
Santo 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,135 | Props total: 1 1
She wouldve been big, but I still think Beyonce and Alicia would be dominating the scene.
 04-03-2005, 01:30 AM         #20
Chicago_Ma773 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sorry but Brandy held the 90's down far as teen rnb singers go. Don't believe me? Never Say Never did 4.5 million and 13 million world wide. One in a Million didn't do that. Not tryna take away from Babygirl cause her, timbo and missy brought something to rnb that reshaped it but naw, she wouldnt be the number one chick right now but she would def be in the TOP DAWG club. And it seems like the 90 rnb chicks have fell off. Monica barely sold plat. She was certified but sold 800,000 and Brandy- got the best reviews of her career and her album tanked. And Aaliyah's last album, "Aaliyah" only went on to sale good after her untimely death. Her album was #49 and "We Need a Resolution" had vanished from the charts. So who knows? I know she woulda had all these hoes in acting cause Beyonce is a mess.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside How much money do barbers make?
69 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 26 - Off-duty cop who killed Delrawn Small in road rage incident c..
42 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T.I.'s Daughter Dodges Jail Time Over Airport Gun Charge, Just Like He..
54 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Zesty CB Jalen Ramsey forces a INT, and lays 2 players out
113 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Am I Goin to Hell? Pt 4
59 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kid Cudi - Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin (Tracklist)
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Cockroach Giving Birth While Being Devoured By Fire Ants!
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
A Federal Court Ruled That Companies Can Fire People Just for Having Dreadlocks
102 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy