:Question: What Subs You Like Best???

most viewed right now
NBA Bobby Simmons testifying against one of Chicago's Most Feared Gangs
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Game & Meek End Their Beef As Game Shows Support For Meeks New Puma Sn..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Has Gordon Hayward been on that offseason HGH cycle? (pic)
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Pepe the Frog Meme Has Been Declared a Hate Symbol
58 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-18-2005, 12:50 AM         #61
Jamin_Esh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhosT said:
i believe focal isa forgein company, i'm not possitve but i though i heard they're swiss, so don't qoute me. they are awsome speakers but there is no way i would pay $1500 per set. diamond audio is awsome, they're the only company i want to deal with for interior speakers, i've got 2 pairs of motorsport m265i's coaxials. i still need to install 1 pair in my rear doors. but they sound great
one
GhosT
What I meant when I asked where did Focal come from, I was asking why you mentioned it.
 05-18-2005, 01:08 AM         #62
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i mentioned them becuase focal is probably in the top 5 for interior speakers, but way to expensive, and i compared diamond audio to them. etc etc etc, thats just how nice diamond audio is
one
GhosT
 05-18-2005, 08:12 AM         #63
explicit6486 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just fillin ya in, focal speakers are made in france
 05-18-2005, 11:44 AM         #64
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ahi remember now, it's been so long since i heard that i new it was over in earuope somewhere, thanks for refreshing my memory
one
GhosT
 11 years ago '05        #65
younghova032003 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,592 | Props total: 13 13
 GhosT said:
well i hope nobody buys subs and hopes to hear voices form them, thats what good interior speakers are for. you should never have your subs producing the high notes.
and not to diss alpine but their amps and decks are better than their speakers, the new subs are nice, i liek them better than last yrs models but i still would take diamond audio over alpine for interior speakers anyday of the week. if i can get diamond audio someone would have to pay me a hell of a lot of $ to put alpine interiors in my ride
one
GhosT
Amen, Sq means a somethin but, to me if u cant hear yo system down the street u dont got one. But everybodys different.
 11 years ago '05        #66
Peenuthed 
space
space
space
$150 | Props total: 0 0
Focal speakers are over priced but they say u pay for the quality. i dont no????????
 05-19-2005, 07:35 PM         #67
Fuzz420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 younghova032003 said:
Amen, Sq means a somethin but, to me if u cant hear yo system down the street u dont got one. But everybodys different.
I feel ya..........Gotta beat down the block.........I didnt buy my subs for how smooth the bass is and how the transitions hit, and all the good stuff....

I bought to hit hard and be loud...fu*k the quality i just slap an amp on some after market doors and thats my highs,but im in for the spl so my setup is a compitition/street deal....but every body preferences are different

B.t.w
I can finally enter in a show....One on saturday...Aiming for a low of 146.7 but i really want a 148 or better...a 150 would be love but we will just have to see :D
 05-20-2005, 02:34 AM         #68
Jamin_Esh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fuzz420 said:
I feel ya..........Gotta beat down the block.........I didnt buy my subs for how smooth the bass is and how the transitions hit, and all the good stuff....

I bought to hit hard and be loud...fu*k the quality i just slap an amp on some after market doors and thats my highs,but im in for the spl so my setup is a compitition/street deal....but every body preferences are different

B.t.w
I can finally enter in a show....One on saturday...Aiming for a low of 146.7 but i really want a 148 or better...a 150 would be love but we will just have to see :D
What are you runnin that's gonna hit at 146? It takes quite a bit to get to 150 from 146, another sub maybe, a lot more power?

For a while I was about the bass, but then I realized, what's the point hearing only bass when I love my music so much. To me, anybody that runs their stereo to shake the neighborhood is only about spl, and doesn't truly care about their music. Might as well put in a bass cd for that.

I run my amp at about half level, with my boost on the deck at 0 and sub level on the deck at 2/3 and I still have plenty of bass to be heard a block away. I'm runnin a sealed box so my bass is tight and makes good transitions, it's not mushy and runnin together. I'm sure ghost can agree that music should be heard, not bass only, but it's everyone's personal choice I guess, just kinda annoys me when someone is just blasting at stop lights with no regard to anyone else on the road.
 05-20-2005, 10:10 AM         #69
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamin_Esh said:
What are you runnin that's gonna hit at 146? It takes quite a bit to get to 150 from 146, another sub maybe, a lot more power?

For a while I was about the bass, but then I realized, what's the point hearing only bass when I love my music so much. To me, anybody that runs their stereo to shake the neighborhood is only about spl, and doesn't truly care about their music. Might as well put in a bass cd for that.

I run my amp at about half level, with my boost on the deck at 0 and sub level on the deck at 2/3 and I still have plenty of bass to be heard a block away. I'm runnin a sealed box so my bass is tight and makes good transitions, it's not mushy and runnin together. I'm sure ghost can agree that music should be heard, not bass only, but it's everyone's personal choice I guess, just kinda annoys me when someone is just blasting at stop lights with no regard to anyone else on the road.
agree, if you can't heard the music clearly then it's a waste, just pop on a bass cd and listen to that all day. if you have a daily driver it should be for either sq, or both sq and spl, never just spl. thats a pathetic system then. i know people have their preferences but seriously it's fu*king pathetic to not have at least a descent amount of sq in a daily driver.
one
GhosT
 11 years ago '05        #70
space
space
 GhosT said:
agree, if you can't heard the music clearly then it's a waste, just pop on a bass cd and listen to that all day. if you have a daily driver it should be for either sq, or both sq and spl, never just spl. thats a pathetic system then. i know people have their preferences but seriously it's fu*king pathetic to not have at least a descent amount of sq in a daily driver.
one
GhosT
Thats crazy how can u have a car with just SQ. Most new cd players let u adjust your speakers. At least I know the pioneers do. But, yea my ride got excellent sound with speakers turned all the way down. (Dont forget to buy tweeters) but when I wanna turn them up I wanna beat the block down. Cant listen to either one all day long. And I have NO regard for people at stop light, maybe neighborhoods though.
 05-20-2005, 12:02 PM         #71
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some people would focus all on sq, i focus on and equal amoutn of both sq and spl, that way it saounds great and i can p!ss people off on the road
one
GhosT
 05-21-2005, 10:49 PM         #72
druthafoo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i have an adire shiva. great sub for its cash
 05-22-2005, 10:10 AM         #73
explicit6486 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 druthafoo said:
i have an adire shiva. great sub for its cash
^^^

finally, someone knows adire audio...
good to know there's some smart cats in here.. .ahahahah
 11 years ago '05        #74
space
space
 screamsquad4 said:
man tell me this, im getting my sh*t hooked up tomorrow and i got ONE 12 solar baric L5 with a crunch drive 1600 watt amp. Im getting my box molded to my trunk. IS MY sh*t GONNA BE LOUD? tell me what i need to do!!!!!
Yea it will be loud, Im not a fan of Kicker at all though. 2 solar barics u got it tested and hit 145??? Thats good.
 11 years ago '05        #75
BurninLz 30 heat pts30
space
space
$10,029 | Props total: 207 207
2 12'' kicker solo baric L5's. 1200 watt amp..

gets the job done pretty nicely
 05-26-2005, 10:19 PM         #76
caliraised 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MA Audio
 05-26-2005, 10:20 PM         #77
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, thanx for the laugh, i needed that, MA Audio sucks man, go do some comparing, lol
one
GhosT
 05-27-2005, 07:46 AM         #78
Chamillionaire 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
audiobahn..i have two audiobahn twelves that max at 1600 watts a piece in a memphis ported box, with a 2500 watt audiobahn amp pushin them. I have had jl audio, memphis and rockford and nothin amounts to the deepness of the bass in these hoes. Also i have had them for almost a year and never had a problem with them.
 05-27-2005, 08:22 AM         #79
explicit6486 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chamillionaire said:
audiobahn..i have two audiobahn twelves that max at 1600 watts a piece in a memphis ported box, with a 2500 watt audiobahn amp pushin them. I have had jl audio, memphis and rockford and nothin amounts to the deepness of the bass in these hoes. Also i have had them for almost a year and never had a problem with them.
brahma 12"s -
RMS 1600 W a piece
MAX 4800 W a piece

glad the audiobahns is workin for ya bro..

Last edited by explicit6486; 05-27-2005 at 08:28 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #80
space
space
This thread cool and all but everybody gonna have they own opinion so it not really too much of help. ^Adhire brahma are cool they more sq that spl to me but the tumult is there best sub. I think we should make a clean thread or clean this up a little. Like what sub has the highest SPL? Its all complicated.

Last edited by younghova032003; 05-27-2005 at 02:45 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If She Was Your Bestfriend Mom Would You Smash?
109 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
No Man’s Sky is being investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority
43 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ray-j launches the Scoot-E-Bike , is it the successor to the hoverboard?
118 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside First Look: Keanu Reeves Has A New Dog In ‘John Wick: Chapter Two’
40 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Meek Mill - DC4 (Official Anticipation / Discussion)
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
646 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Conor McGregor Sons Jeremy Stephens
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Views from a 6ix-year-old's Drake-themed party
50 comments
2 days ago