:Question: What Subs You Like Best???

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Maino Responds to Wack100! Questions his gangsta..
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Meek Mill's Philly Goon Tony Rose Calls Out The Game & Wack100 For Touc..
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Cancel your plans: Rare black moon could mean end of world
80 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside WAK100 Calls out " TEEFY " da BUCK TOOF NIG who KNOCKED out BEANS !
91 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-23-2005, 01:17 AM         #41
RL_206 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chuckster409 said:
I like quizno's subs better than subway.
hahaha I like subway better then quizno's
 11 years ago '05        #42
scarface1876 
space
space
space
$62 | Props total: 0 0
I have to go with AUDIOBAHN i have 4 10" ALUM 10 Q's (900 watts rms each) in my 2000 blazer with 2 Audiobahn true digital 3200 watt amps. The subs have a quad input for Dual voice coils which means i can hook up 2 amps to one sub all @1ohm stable. never had a problem with audiobahns b4 nor JL's but for me id have to go with audiobahns fu*%in subz BANG!!!!
 11 years ago '05        #43
Peenuthed 
space
space
space
$150 | Props total: 0 0
i have two 12" kicker solarbaric L7s. I cant believe after reading all these posts nobodys mentioned them. These subs pound harder than anything mentioned in this thred
 11 years ago '04        #44
nexteltagger1 
space
space
$775 | Props total: 0 0
Does anybody run a bandpass sub, mycousin wants to seel me a Kicker and I want to know if there any good.
 11 years ago '05        #45
younghova032003 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,592 | Props total: 13 13
OK now I everybody got they opinion but, what about speakers that got the best spl rating. Im talkin like 150 ^. Ive only seen memphis and mtx do it. Im sure others have though not to many.
 05-14-2005, 01:29 PM         #46
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ theres to many to list, jl can do it with the right equipment, kicker, sounstream, earthquake, eclipse, diamond audio, spl, cerwin vegas (strokers), all brands can do it with the right set up, sh*t you can get 2 jl 15w3's to push over 150db's
one
GhosT
 05-15-2005, 12:49 AM         #47
Fuzz420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I got ragedy a.ss audiobahn, some ppl like but for spl there junk "throw away subs"
with that said i got 2 12' aubiobahn immortal 2000w rms a piece and a orion xtr 2250 amp and there gettin all they can take. Next up grade RE's Mt's 12 something like 3000w rms and reconable, yesss
 11 years ago '05        #48
younghova032003 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,592 | Props total: 13 13
^ I bein realistic wit 2-4 subs. Vega took like 15 subs, diamond and soundstream gonna take more. I guess I had to be more specific. Im stickin wit my same 3 jl, mtx and memphis-mojo.
 05-15-2005, 10:15 AM         #49
Fuzz420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Memphis mojo seen them in action and threre no slouch
 05-15-2005, 11:41 AM         #50
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo soundstream wont take that much to hit 150+ db, with the right subs, you gotta get the davinci's i beleive, i can't remember, but they got some monsters that can hit 150+ db with 2-4 subs
one
GhosT
 05-16-2005, 01:44 PM         #51
explicit6486 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhosT said:
man fosgate can't compare to jl, fosgate is bottom line yo, do some research and you will find that out
one
GhosT
whoa.. fosgate bottom line? is that why fosgate's audio engineers get paid more than JL's? you outta check your sh*t. fosgates' bd series amps got more bang per square inch of any amp out there and they produce damn clean sound. jl is pretty damn solid, but fosgate is pretty damn close to the top. i've got a JL and fosgate amp, so i ain't biased against JL. they still sick man, just look up your sh*t

one mo thing
adire audio's brahma xtreme subs set world records in SPL and even are in SQ comps, and cracked a door on a fu*kin van. brahma's are mos def one of the sickest subs, i know people who've switch from w7's to brahmas. the sh*t is straight underground and DIRRTY.. you pay $390 for 1600 watts RMS and 4800 watts max, a triple stack magnet of fu*kin madness. one of the biggest excursions on the market.. check that ish out

Last edited by explicit6486; 05-16-2005 at 02:40 PM..
 05-16-2005, 11:29 PM         #52
Jamin_Esh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Car Audio isn't all about the SPL. Everybody's talkin about how they wanna do these big MTX and RE things. What's the purpose when you can't hear the voices and the music itself. I stick with the brand that makes just about anything you would want in the highest quality possible, Alpine. If you wanna diss on them, you better have a rock solid argument, or you're gonna lose. I truly respect JL, I like to stick with one brand throughout and JL doesn't have the headunits. Alpine and JL focus on SQ over SPL, maintaining the highest quality sound with good SPL #'s.
 05-16-2005, 11:31 PM         #53
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the engineers salaries have nothing to do with the quality of their products, rockford overall is a bigger company than jl, more people will buy rockford cuz it's more affordable. therefore rockford makes more $, therefore they can pay their engineers better. Just because rockford engineers get paid more doesn't meean sh*t about the product. i will admit that their subs have got better this yr, but their amps have kind of gone downhill from what they were.
one
GhosT
 05-16-2005, 11:36 PM         #54
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamin_Esh said:
Car Audio isn't all about the SPL. Everybody's talkin about how they wanna do these big MTX and RE things. What's the purpose when you can't hear the voices and the music itself. I stick with the brand that makes just about anything you would want in the highest quality possible, Alpine. If you wanna diss on them, you better have a rock solid argument, or you're gonna lose. I truly respect JL, I like to stick with one brand throughout and JL doesn't have the headunits. Alpine and JL focus on SQ over SPL, maintaining the highest quality sound with good SPL #'s.
well i hope nobody buys subs and hopes to hear voices form them, thats what good interior speakers are for. you should never have your subs producing the high notes.
and not to diss alpine but their amps and decks are better than their speakers, the new subs are nice, i liek them better than last yrs models but i still would take diamond audio over alpine for interior speakers anyday of the week. if i can get diamond audio someone would have to pay me a hell of a lot of $ to put alpine interiors in my ride
one
GhosT
 05-16-2005, 11:38 PM         #55
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 younghova032003 said:
^ I bein realistic wit 2-4 subs. Vega took like 15 subs, diamond and soundstream gonna take more. I guess I had to be more specific. Im stickin wit my same 3 jl, mtx and memphis-mojo.
if you get 2 15" stokers you'll be hitting 150+, those fu*kers are mosnters
one
GhosT
 05-17-2005, 12:11 AM         #56
Jamin_Esh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhosT said:
well i hope nobody buys subs and hopes to hear voices form them, thats what good interior speakers are for. you should never have your subs producing the high notes.
and not to diss alpine but their amps and decks are better than their speakers, the new subs are nice, i liek them better than last yrs models but i still would take diamond audio over alpine for interior speakers anyday of the week. if i can get diamond audio someone would have to pay me a hell of a lot of $ to put alpine interiors in my ride
one
GhosT
I'm not that dumb, I'd say I have a fair knowledge about car audio. Overpowering bass will take out whatever interior speakers you have. All your ears will focus on will be the constant thumping of your ears and not the true sounds of the music.

I'd take Alpine F#1 over diamond anyday :) (I know they're pretty spendy, but hey, gotta love em) I'm not dissing diamond, they put out a quality product. I love sticking with one brand for my sound, it's kind of a pet peeve if you wish to call it that. I am fully satisfied with my SPX-177R components as well as all the other Alpine products in my ride.
 05-17-2005, 12:44 AM         #57
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's your setup and i'm not going to to diss your preferences but i just had to state mine, and you should check out the hex series, fu*king sweet, spendy about $500-$600 a pair , but they're top notch, perosnaly i would take the hex's over any focal
one
GhosT
 05-17-2005, 01:03 AM         #58
Jamin_Esh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
where did focal come from?

Those hex series look pretty sweet. I personally don't have much experience with them, but a guy I talk to on another forum is an engineer for them.

Last edited by Jamin_Esh; 05-17-2005 at 01:05 AM..
 05-17-2005, 10:03 AM         #59
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i believe focal isa forgein company, i'm not possitve but i though i heard they're swiss, so don't qoute me. they are awsome speakers but there is no way i would pay $1500 per set. diamond audio is awsome, they're the only company i want to deal with for interior speakers, i've got 2 pairs of motorsport m265i's coaxials. i still need to install 1 pair in my rear doors. but they sound great
one
GhosT

Last edited by GhosT; 05-17-2005 at 11:39 PM..
 05-17-2005, 11:27 PM         #60
thekidgi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
CDT HD12-20 sh*t pounds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tyrann Mathieu's Sister
21 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside How much money do barbers make?
149 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside That's the most beautiful ass I've ever seen
45 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA If these careers ended today, are any HOF worthy?
106 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Just seen The Wolf Of Wall Street 2 days ago...
66 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Mary J Blige Just Topped Her Legendary Fried Chicken Jingle....
122 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Hov x Gucci
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside OFFFICAL: Dom Kennedy "Los Angeles Not For Sale Vol. 1 (Anticipation/Di..
87 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy