Image(s) inside Sumeet_Sahni
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside 50 Cent - Ooouuu (Remix) ft. Young M.A
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Lil Bibby left the streets now enrolled in college for computer enginee..
96 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-24-2005, 03:58 AM         #21
Strider 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ja rule

yall just saying g-unit cause u-mad, admit it...
 12 years ago '05        #22
precys 
space
space
space
$1,959 | Props total: 600 600
And that why you don't know sh*t, cause your white. First of all, you iggnorant fu*k, how the hell does someone "act" black. Just in case you didn't know but all caribbean races culture and ancestors come from africa. So yes fat joe is black. And just incase you also didn't know lloyd banks aint black he's also "latino" so I guess he aint aloud to "act" black neither. Also lil wayne can't "act" black either since he's also latin. Wait wait there's more people incase you wanna know there's also that kid romeo from the steve harvey show yup he's latin and actually fab is also 1/2 so before you open your white fu*kin mouth again about a culture you know sh*t about, you fu*kin hick, think twice. I bet you think its "cool" when eminem wears a do-rag f*g**t a.ss.

A Puerto Rican woman claims her place in the

African Diaspora

by Rosa Clemente

Yesterday, an interesting thing happened to me. I was told I am not Black.

The kicker for me was when my friend stated that the island of Puerto Rico was not a part of the African Diaspora. I wanted to go back to the old school playground days and yell: “You said what about my momma?!” But after speaking to several friends, I found out that many Black Americans and Latinos agree with him. The miseducation of the Negro is still in effect!

I am so tired of having to prove to others that I am Black, that my people are from the Motherland, that Puerto Rico, along with Cuba, Panama and the Dominican Republic, are part of the African Diaspora. Do we forget that the slave ships dropped off our people all over the world, hence the word Diaspora?

The Atlantic slave trade brought Africans to Puerto Rico in the early 1500s. Some of the first slave rebellions took place on the island of Puerto Rico (hence, why many claim Puerto Ricans are more African than African Americans). Until 1846, Africanos on the island had to carry a libreta to move around the island, like the passbook system in apartheid South Africa. In Puerto Rico, you will find large communities of descendants of the Yoruba, Bambara, Wolof and Mandingo people. Puerto Rican culture is inherently African culture.

There are hundreds of books that will inform you, but I do not need to read book after book to legitimize this thesis. All I need to do is go to Puerto Rico and look all around me. Damn, all I really have to do is look in the mirror every day.

I am often asked what I am—usually by Blacks who are lighter than me and by Latinos who are darker than me. To answer the $64,000 question, I am a Black Boricua, Black Rican, Puertorique“a! I am always questioned about why I choose to call myself Black over Latino, Spanish, Hispanic. Let me break it down.

I am not Spanish. Spanish is just another language I speak. I am not a Hispanic. My ancestors are not descendants of Spain, but descendants of Africa. I define my existence by race and land. (Borinken is the indigenous name of the island of Puerto Rico.)

Being Latino is not a cultural identity but rather a political one. Being Puerto Rican is not a racial identity, but rather a cultural and national one. Being Black is my racial identity. Why do I have to consistently explain this to those who are so-called conscious? Is it because they have a problem with their identity? Why is it so bad to a.ssert who I am, for me to big-up my Africanness?

My Blackness is one of the greatest powers I have. We live in a society that devalues Blackness all the time. I will not be devalued as a human being, as a child of the Supreme Creator.

Although many of us in activist circles are enlightened, many of us have baggage that we must deal with. So many times, I am asked why many Boricuas refuse to affirm their Blackness. I attribute this denial to the ever-rampant anti-Black sentiment in America and throughout the world. But, I will not use this as an excuse. Often Puerto Ricans who a.ssert our Blackness are not only outcast by Latinos who identify more with their Spanish Conqueror than their African ancestors, but we are also shunned by Black Americans who do not see us as Black.

Nelly Fuller, a great Black sociologist, stated: “Until one understands the system of White supremacy, anything and everything else will confuse you.” Divide and conquer still applies.

Listen people: Being Black is not just skin color, nor is it synonymous with Black Americans. To a.ssert who I am is the most liberating and revolutionary thing I can ever do. Being a Black Puerto Rican encompasses me racially, ethnically and most importantly, gives me a homeland to refer to.

So I have come to this conclusion: I am whatever I say I am! (Thank you, Rakim.)

Say it loud:

You Black,now Be Proud

Last edited by precys; 03-24-2005 at 05:05 AM..
 03-24-2005, 04:55 AM         #23
gotsalldabitche 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
notorious big
what a wankster
first he called himself biggie smalls
then the real biggie smalls put him in check told him not to use his name
then he was in cali talking sh*t about e-40. e-40's homeboys ran up to biggie and put him in check
these are both facts, not opinions
 12 years ago '04        #24
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,314 | Props total: 187 187
 gotsalldabi*che said:
notorious big
what a wankster
first he called himself biggie smalls
then the real biggie smalls put him in check told him not to use his name
then he was in cali talking sh*t about e-40. e-40's homeboys ran up to biggie and put him in check
these are both facts, not opinions
^^Source?

Also Biggie couldn't use the name Biggie Smalls because another rapper had the name registered. Fact.

Never heard about the E-40 stuff but what exactly did they do? And why would Biggie even care about E-40? He a Bay Area yocal! His only national hit was "Sprinkle Me" that I can remember.

C'mon man I hate people taking stabs in the dark at the deceased. Stick to real facts about people who are still shaping their persona.

I vote for Fabolous as a "Wanksta" though. Dude just doesn't seem like the bust yo' gun type he tries to depict.

Last edited by Tikyle2; 03-24-2005 at 05:12 AM..
 03-24-2005, 06:40 AM         #25
Lake 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what's so fake about 50, fab, and ja??? please give a reason don't just hate on the dudes. the guy's i named didnt grow up in a rough hood like they did, can't hate on em for doin the rap hustle.
 12 years ago '04        #26
PIJIN 
space
space
space
$323 | Props total: 0 0
hip hop is all marketed,

especially 50
 12 years ago '04        #27
C-Ronic 
space
space
space
$142 | Props total: 3 3
"Quan: I have a quote from a rhyme of mine for the people. “If I could silence every rapper that never k!lled or sold crack, I swear the glory days of Hip-Hop would be back.”"

enuff said close the thread :p
 03-24-2005, 07:25 AM         #28
HearingDeafOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And that why you don't know sh*t, cause your white. First of all, you iggnorant fu*k, how the hell does someone "act" black. Just in case you didn't know but all caribbean races culture and ancestors come from africa. So yes fat joe is black. And just incase you also didn't know lloyd banks aint black he's also "latino" so I guess he aint aloud to "act" black neither. Also lil wayne can't "act" black either since he's also latin. Wait wait there's more people incase you wanna know there's also that kid romeo from the steve harvey show yup he's latin and actually fab is also 1/2 so before you open your white fu*kin mouth again about a culture you know sh*t about, you fu*kin hick, think twice. I bet you think its "cool" when eminem wears a do-rag f*g**t a.ss.
you are trying to dispel ignorance by showing it? what the fu*k?
 03-24-2005, 07:40 AM         #29
tmich19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SoLBeats362 said:
Fat Joe........im sorry but just because you're latino doesn't mean u are black.....it's funny watching him try and act like it though......im white btw
Real Talk ^^^^^^^^^^ I been sayin this to myself.. Stupid fat ****
 03-24-2005, 08:13 AM         #30
jazzy_fizzle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bozza89 said:
fuken that screaming c*nt lil john he fuken cant rap for sh*t man and young buck, lloyd banks. i rekon 50 cent is alrite man. and also T.I. fuken he sucks lol!!!
n*gga I would say u for sayin T.I. cuz u super crazy for that one. and 50 Cent haaaaaa... enough said we all kno that truth about his lame azz.
 12 years ago '05        #31
Ushouldpayme 
space
space
$1,746 | Props total: 104 104
No one has ever come forward to disspell 50's claim of his thug life. n*ggaz don't get shot up for nothin'. Oh, I forgot the n*gga snitched on some big drug dealer, who still hasn't had the kid k!lled after he was shot 9 times. Gotti callin' the n*gga a snitch, we'll see when his case goes to trial who the snitch is-cuz losin' millions and time turns anybody into a snitch, even you bi*ch. I ain't buyin' into the n*ggaz claims either, I just hate the haters who hate for nothin'.

"Jealousies a muthafu*ka, you weak jealous muthafu*ka, if you a jealous muthafu*ka you just a weak muthafu*ka...when you get on top muthafu*kaz just wanna bring you down, muthafu*kaz don't even know you and don't like you."---Puffy
 12 years ago '05        #32
Nyse03 13 heat pts13
space
space
$9,751 | Props total: 1352 1352
Somebody put biggie on this list. LOL. I aint gonna knock fat joe cuz he grew up in da struggle just like us, so how come he aint allowed 2 show it? Probably 50 cuz of course u cant claim to be hood when u forget how 2 get back there. An Slim Thug might be a boss where he's from but if he came ta Brooklyn wit that he'll get clowned.
 03-24-2005, 12:57 PM         #33
Ju$tin15 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
every n*gga trying 2 be something he aint. if u dont pop ya gunz, dont say u dont because when u tested, whats gonna happen? u gonna sit there and sh*t in ya pants. so with that, i gotta say about 88% of tha game.
 03-24-2005, 05:20 PM         #34
gotsalldabitche 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Biggie is the biggest fu*kin cb4 gangster. was he actually shot? yeah but he dided after that. He wasnt a fu*kin mobster like he wish he was. His favorite movie was King of New York(which was actually a good movie) but biggies whole life was trying to be like him. biggie wasnt half the man frank white was supposed to be in the movie
link:

BAAAAAM

Last edited by gotsalldabitche; 03-24-2005 at 05:20 PM..
 03-24-2005, 06:35 PM         #35
-Rane- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the ying yang twins & eastside boys
 12 years ago '04        #36
Rashad69 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,746 | Props total: 808 808
^^^to be a fake, you have to claim to be a gangster first.
 03-24-2005, 07:31 PM         #37
-Rane- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah, i guess that makes sense.
 03-24-2005, 07:34 PM         #38
ThaRealest11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
didnt Young Buck stab somebody earlier this year defending Dr. Dre??? And ppl still puttin him on this list??? Im not even a big G Unit fan Im just laughin at all these haters lol....
 03-24-2005, 08:31 PM         #39
Hookz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C-Ronic said:
"Quan: I have a quote from a rhyme of mine for the people. “If I could silence every rapper that never k!lled or sold crack, I swear the glory days of Hip-Hop would be back.”"

enuff said close the thread :p
That Is One Of The Stupedist Lines You Can Hear.
Nas Neva k!lled No One Or Sold Crack. But yet Look Who Is Giving Quan His Chance. And Look Who Is Considered Top 5 Of All Time.
 03-24-2005, 10:04 PM         #40
BootlegMan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
every rapper you see when u turn on tv
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside smash or pass:savage edition
75 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - The super RICH prepare for the end of society
86 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Wade looking like he made a mistake
123 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If She Was Your Bestfriend Mom Would You Smash?
121 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
143 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Meeky mouse POSTING EMOTIONAL RANT!!!!
163 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BAPE x Adidas NMD Release Date
33 comments
22 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Smash or Pass Pawg Thickii Nickii?...
49 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy