Michelle Ould wants to wear a 'White Pride' bra in fight

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+28  85
111 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

8 years ago '11        #1
13581 page views
137 comments

thehammer 
Props total: 144 144  Slaps total: 29 29
Michelle Ould wants to wear a 'White Pride' bra in f*ght

It's the discussion that won't die. Mainly because some of those interested in having it choose to be so ignorant of the history of what "white pride" means culturally versus any other type of "racial pride."

But Cain Velasquez's "Brown Pride" tattoo continues to stir emotion from fans and fellow f*ghters alike.

The latest to step into the PR disaster is Team Quest's Michelle Ould:
visit this link https://twitter.com/MichelleOuldMMA/statuses/395094980806463489
visit this link https://twitter.com/MichelleOuldMMA/statuses/395097183222910976
visit this link https://twitter.com/MichelleOuldMMA/statuses/395097352563720192
The Voting Rights Act hasn't even been on the books 50 years. There are still many, many people alive who lived through the ungodly struggles of the civil rights movement. Phrases such as "white pride" and "white power" are tied inseparably and unarguably to the ugliest aspects of racism in this country. Asking why you can't have flaunt "white pride" like Cain Velasquez wears his "brown pride" tattoo ignores these very basic realities.

That anyone would attempt to tie "why can't I do it too?" and pretend that it's about "growing as a species and civilization" when basic aspects of equality still need massive amounts of addressing in a country still not that far distanced from segregation being written law...it all just speaks to a kind of ignorance that I can't wrap my head around.

As a white man, I'll throw out the idea that the more important aspect to growing as a civilization is more about how to deal with aspects of lingering social inequality that have long needed addressing. Not why you can't flaunt a term almost exclusively a*sociated with the white supremacy movement.
visit this link Team Quest f*ghter Michelle Ould latest to not understand loaded history of 'white pride' regarding Cain Velasquez's tattoo - Bloody Elbow
+1   

best
worst
137 comments

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+24online now  9
The Game is riding around in LA in his Lambo pumping out 50 Cent's 'Many Men' ..
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside Seattle Woman/“Zombie” No one knows what’s going on!
113 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+51online now  7
Video inside Kevin Samuels man... "Single Mother of 4." "Im fine as hell." Yooo what.
150 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  2
Andrade highlights.... and yeah he’s a horrible f*ghter.
128 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy