The Official GTA V Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Apr 29 - The Smart Reason This Billionaire Wears All Black Everyday
81 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Drake caught w/ another ghostwriter?
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ahhhh Larry Wilmore kept it 100 to the end, calls Obama "my nigga"
99 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Taco Manager Loses His Sh!t On Customer
22 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which system are you copping for?
XBOX 360 173 44.59%
PS3 215 55.41%
Voters: 388. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '09        #1
203502 pageviews
3063 comments

Vincent_Chase 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,170 | Props total: 62 62
The Official GTA V Thread

*didn't see a thread posted for it, but damn September 17th can't come fast enough

Last edited by Da Ill One; 08-29-2013 at 09:03 AM..

top in section
42 comments
top in hiphop
top in section
57 comments
top in misc
top in section
59 comments
top in wild'ish

3 years ago '09        #2
Vincent_Chase 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,170 | Props total: 62 62

August 28, 2013, 9:00 AM
Grand Theft Auto V: Why Early Leaks May Help The Video Game
By ADAM NAJBERG

Forgive me if I don’t shed a tear for either Sony Corp. or Rockstar Games about the recent leak of pieces of the coming game, Grand Theft Auto V.

The eagerly awaited violent, open-world adventure game is due out for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on Sept. 17. But last weekend, due to a widely reported glitch, some folks were able to access files from the PS3 version of the game well before launch.

Rockstar had offered a pre-load of files to some gamers who had pre-ordered. The trouble happened via the PlayStation Store in Europe. The downloadable files were supposedly locked, but were somehow opened and spread onto various sites and blogs, including YouTube and Reddit. Geek.com has a pretty good explanation of what happened here for those who care.

I won’t spoil the game for those who didn’t see information about or view any of the leaked files, but they supposedly offered big hints about the storyline, maybe even the game’s ending, suggest the game is 18 gigabytes in size, up from 15 gigabytes for GTA IV, and maybe revealed the game’s hot soundtrack.

Sony quickly apologized for the glitch and pulled the pre-launch version of the game from the EU PlayStation Store. Rockstar said it was “deeply disappointed” by the leak and spoilers and warned any potential chatterboxes they’d be banned from Rockstar Newswire commenting if they discussed any of the leaks. They asked sites to pull down game a.ssets that were not authorized by them.

[pic - click to view]

Digital pre-loads, as well as being a great plum for hardcore gamers, can also help alleviate server congestion on a game’s launch day and avoid fiascos, like the launch of SimCity earlier this year.

On some level, when you have a game that’s many, many gigabytes, pre-loads make a lot of sense. But the wisdom of them escapes me completely if you’re trying to keep a lid on game content. They’re an open enticement to naughty gamers and hackers who just can’t wait to unwrap their presents until the official launch date.

Which is why the cynic in me wonders whether there isn’t even a tiny shred of satisfaction behind the apologies and disappointment. I accept Sony’s and Rockstar’s statements completely at face value, but in the rough-and-tumble world of pre-launch hype, the only bad news is that a launch is being delayed.

All else is great — and free — publicity. And this one also turned out to be a not-so-bad, crowd-sourced, guerrilla-marketing campaign on behalf of GTA V. Several days later, here we are, still writing about the leak and reminding readers of when the game comes out.

In the lead-up to the annual autumn game-launch season, industry journalists and the public are bombarded almost daily by incremental, official releases of trailers, features and other non-news news aimed at marketing the game.

There’s also little shame or shying away from controversy in efforts to move product. A few years ago, Electronic Arts drew lots of outrage — and media coverage — about Medal of Honor: Limited Edition. Demos and beta versions allowed you to play as a member of the Taliban, k!lling U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan. Enough public outcry ensued so that the Taliban name was replaced with the more-jargony term “Opfor.”

(Spoiler Alert!) A game just released, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, has had media buzzing about an animated scene that features your “hero” character torturing a prisoner in the base prison at Guantanamo Bay, choosing whether to let him live or die.

Rockstar chose to lead its statement with the news that GTA V, before it’s even playable, had gone gold, putting it ahead of information about the leaks, its disappointment and its commenting caveat. And in a plug for Rockstar Newswires, it suggested readers “stay tuned here…for all announcements about GTAV between now and game release as we definitely still have more to officially reveal.”

I’m more than a bit curious about what will happen in Los Santos and I am eager to test out and review GTA V after having played and enjoyed the last several versions of the franchise. After all, the most important thing about a game is how it plays.

But I also won’t be surprised if the weekend leak of GTA V a.ssets turns out to be a good thing for spurring interest, and ultimately, platinum sales for the game.

3 years ago '05        #3
WCIB 104 heat pts104
space
space
$20,422 | Props total: 651 651
There really wasn't an official thread for this?

3 years ago '05        #4
Nyse03 13 heat pts13
space
space
$9,170 | Props total: 451 451
 WCIB said:
There really wasn't an official thread for this?
Nope. Glad there is now though.

DIO ain't gonna like you though.

08-28-2013, 09:44 PM         #5
the player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
PS3 - getcrunkmuzik

#LSM

#LSM

3weeks lets go

Last edited by the player; 08-28-2013 at 10:18 PM..

3 years ago '05        #7
Fresh Whyte|B 690 heat pts690
space
space
$39,198 | Props total: 613 613
....I Thought It Was A Official Thread Already? I Know I Aint Trippin or BXGS Kind of Slip Up On This.

3 years ago '05        #8
WCIB 104 heat pts104
space
space
 Nyse03 said:
Nope. Glad there is now though.

DIO ain't gonna like you though.

Do you have it preordered?

3 years ago '05        #9
Nyse03 13 heat pts13
space
space
Yeah I was late with it though. I just ordered it on Sunday.

3 years ago '09        #10
Kontrast0 47 heat pts47
space
space
$25,565 | Props total: 44 44
1st page

3 years ago '11        #11
Smokeen Freeman 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,971 | Props total: 4 4
 Kontrast0 said:
1st page

3 years ago '05        #12
Nyse03 13 heat pts13
space
space
By the way congrats to the OP. This thread is going to do epic numbers.

3 years ago '08        #13
AyeDre 12 heat pts12
space
space
$10,290 | Props total: 7 7

3 years ago '05        #14
WCIB 104 heat pts104
space
space
 Nyse03 said:
Yeah I was late with it though. I just ordered it on Sunday.
I think I'm going to get it for my 360...

3 years ago '05        #15
Nasty Neighbor 153 heat pts153
space
space
space
$21,479 | Props total: 2 2
congrats op

now congratulate me for making the 1st page

Last edited by Nasty Neighbor; 08-28-2013 at 10:02 PM..

08-28-2013, 10:00 PM         #16
LakeHawks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In before DIO deletes thread then creates his own

3 years ago '04        #17
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,065 | Props total: 65 65
BxGees.....

Get down or lay down!

Maybe a mod can merge the two threads?

3 years ago '04        #18
336db336boy336 
space
space
$1,587 | Props total: 15 15
first page homes

3 years ago '06        #19
Steve 34442 heat pts34442
space
space
$111,821 | Props total: 4087 4087
 Pierced Talentz said:
In before DIO deletes thread then creates his own
he'll merge it with a random GTA5 thread he already made

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Mom reacts to Young Thug @youngthug
43 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Apr 29 - Pastor says he took pictures of Heaven but lost them when h..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Wayne really dgaf
147 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Apr 28 - China warns its women: Watch out for sweet-talking foreign men
43 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Full civil war airport scene is out there (screens inside no link)
76 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Anthony Fantano Ether's Drake's Views
168 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Drake Views First Week Sales Projection (800-850k, 950k-1 MILLION SPS)
81 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Exploring the Suicide Forest in Japan
36 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy