Newly Discovered Eighth Grade Exam From 1912 Shows How Dumbed Down America Has Become

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
41 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '08        #1
8542 pageviews
118 comments

supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
Newly Discovered Eighth Grade Exam From 1912 Shows How Dumbed Down America Has Become

Have you ever seen the movie “Idiocracy”? It is a movie about an “average American” that wakes up 500 years in the future only to discover that he is the most intelligent person by far in the “dumbed down” society that is surrounding him. Unfortunately, that film is a very accurate metaphor for what has happened to American society today. We have become so “dumbed down” that we don’t even realize what has happened to us. But once in a while something comes along that reminds us of how far we have fallen. In Kentucky, an eighth grade exam from 1912 was recently donated to the Bullitt County History Museum. When I read this exam over, I was shocked at how difficult it was. Could most eighth grade students pass such an exam today? Of course not. In fact, I don’t even think that I could pass it. Sadly, this is even more evidence of “the deliberate dumbing down of America” that former Department of Education official Charlotte Iserbyt is constantly warning us about. The American people are not nearly as mentally sharp as they once were, and with each passing generation it gets even worse.

118 comments for "Newly Discovered Eighth Grade Exam From 1912 Shows How Dumbed Down America Has Become"

08-15-2013, 10:03 PM         #2
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow that is creepy.

We really need to stop this sh*t. n*ggas think this Illuminati sh*t is a joke man ya'll really gonna fu*kin learn when it's too late.
 4 years ago '12        #3
OrangeSoda 98 heat pts98
space
space
space
$14,611 | Props total: 5639 5639
dayummmmn. i woulda got an F even after checking my answers
 4 years ago '10        #4
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
And fat. Can't forget fat.

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #5
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,893 | Props total: 2956 2956
I wouldve had a lot of these but foh talking about "sketch" so and so I mean what the sh*t
 4 years ago '10        #6
BasedonMars 875 heat pts875
space
space
$3,523 | Props total: 207 207
sh*ts beyond creepy everything seemed to be about percentage, and also the questions seemed to be written in such proper specific manner I had to read each question Twice or more.....Great post this opens your eyes to how much brain power we've lost in jus a 101 years...now who's out there smarter than your average Bear
 4 years ago '11        #7
KING JAYY 536 heat pts536
space
space
$52,334 | Props total: 20068 20068

I thought I was smart
 08-16-2013, 01:29 AM         #8
SOD RG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think I woulda been in Special Ed in 1912.

Or maybe Ida died on the titanic.
 4 years ago '08        #9
Chedda 436 heat pts436
space
space
$16,343 | Props total: 32424 32424
M'erika

08-16-2013, 02:15 AM         #10
KiddKidd45 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I woulda said fu*k school
 4 years ago '12        #11
cubes 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,589 | Props total: 6048 6048
No wonder n*ggas back then dropped out in 3rd grade and sh*t
 4 years ago '13        #12
Dodgers 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,325 | Props total: 3123 3123
The only hard part was history and that could have been done easily if you studied, what kinda school did y'all n*ggas go to?
 08-16-2013, 03:28 AM         #13
SOD RG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cubes said:
No wonder n*ggas back then dropped out in 3rd grade and sh*t
My grandma said she dropped out in 7th grade.
 4 years ago '12        #14
zwish 2 heat pts
space
space
$143 | Props total: 18 18
pfff the geography part is too easy
[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #15
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 190 190
If it's an exam and they had time to study then you should be able to do this easy.. If its some random sh*t you get out the blue then of course a 13/14 y/o version of yourself would be slightly intimidated.
 4 years ago '04        #16
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,348 | Props total: 2787 2787
I learn all that sh*t in middle school. Math question are basic word problems with percentages. It basically the same like current word problem we learned with fraction. Those question was nowhere near the algebraic word problem I had in middle school. Then again I took algebra in the 7th grade. Its not like they learning geometry , trig and calculus. The way the thread starter acted like they learning sine, cosine, tangents.

You do basic human anatomy 7th and 8th grade. Anybody who actually paid attention to biology would passed that section.

The only hard part is history which is not fair because when we had history during middle school that we learn world war 1 and 2 which was a more important war than the civil war. I also learn ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome in the 6th grade. When they had history, that their grand parents actually faught in the civil war.

What bullsh*t school all of you go.

Also current 8th grade would passed this with ease outside of history. The guy who wrote this must be an idiot especially since he admit he would failed that test.

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 08-16-2013 at 09:12 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #17
Oh_Yea 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,763 | Props total: 0 0
Hard? Nope...but I'm not in the 8th grade tho..

4 years ago '06        #18
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 VictoryThagr8 said:
I learn all that sh*t in middle school. Math question are basic word problems with percentages. It basically the same like current word problem we learned with fraction. Those question was nowhere near the algebraic word problem I had in middle school. Then again I took algebra in the 7th grade. Its not like they learning geometry , trig and calculus. The way the thread starter acted like they learning sine, cosine, tangents.

You do basic human anatomy 7th and 8th grade. Anybody who actually paid attention to biology would passed that section.

The only hard part is history which is not fair because when we had history during middle school that we learn world war 1 and 2 which was a more important war than the civil war. I also learn ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome in the 6th grade. When they had history, that their grand parents actually faught in the civil war.

What bullsh*t school all of you go.

Also current 8th grade would passed this with ease outside of history. The guy who wrote this must be an idiot especially since he admit he would failed that test.
i agree, if you studied, you would have been good. but i think its the fact that schools aint even going that hard on the curriculum anymore thats throwing people off
 4 years ago '12        #19
Tron Carter 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,192 | Props total: 1651 1651
8th grade we was doing algebra and arguing global warming, we had to know the worlds map precisely by the 8th grade and doing 8 page papers on different countries. But I was at a magnet school, curriculums vary drastically between magnet schools and public schools.
 4 years ago '13        #20
NY Knicka 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,287 | Props total: 4057 4057
My brain hurts
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
75 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
52 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy