90's Hip Hop Finals: Illmatic (NaS) vs. Me Against The World (2Pac)

most viewed right now
 152
Image(s) inside May 23 - President Trump's $4.1 TRILLION budget proposal in a nutshell
83 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 124
Well Damn T.I. confronts Tiny about dealing with Floyd Mayweather. Hear her ex..
212 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 97
NFL WR Calvin Johnson visiting the Raiders
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 91
Video inside Nicki Minaj Confirms Nas Is Banging Her Out
199 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Which is the better album?
Illmatic - NaS 584 59.59%
Me Against The World - 2Pac 396 40.41%
Voters: 980. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props
 4 years ago '04        #201
silentmurder2 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$674 | Props total: 0 0
Despite these regional differences, Hampton credits Illmatic with providing a common artistic ground for rappers on the West Coast and East Coast rap scenes. In the 2009 essay "Born Alone, Die Alone," she recounts the album's impact on West Coast artist, Tupac Shakur. While working as a journalist for The Source in 1994, Hampton covered three court cases involving Tupac. Around this time, she received an advance-copy of Illmatic and immediately dubbed a cassette version for Tupac, who became "an instant convert" of the album. The next day, she writes, Tupac "arrived in his a.ssigned courtroom blasting Illmatic so loudly that the bailiff yelled at him to turn it off before the judge took his seat on the bench." In her essay, Hampton implies that Nas' lyricism might have influenced Tupac's acclaimed album, Me Against the World, which was recorded that same year.

Pac was a student of the game and I have no doubt that if he was alive he would agree Illmatic is the GOAT album.
 4 years ago '06        #202
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,267 | Props total: 1616 1616
I'm a big Pac fan, but an even bigger Nas fan. Nas influenced the art of rhyming. Pac influenced the culture of hip hop. We live in a time when dudes are more a fan of the person than the art. Most of Pac's fans that are about 25 & younger are just members of the cult of personality. They live vicariously through Pac's image & his music because they can't/won't do it in real life. n*ggas jock Pac the person & automatically make him a better emcee. From a technical standpoint, Pac is an above average emcee. But when you add his personality, it elevates him. Nas is nearly flawless as a technical emcee. He just has too much of an introverted personality to attract people not into the art of emceeing. So since this is about the actual album, Illmatic wins hands down.
 08-16-2013, 12:02 PM         #203
WezLBoy Wonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 silentmurder2 said:
Despite these regional differences, Hampton credits Illmatic with providing a common artistic ground for rappers on the West Coast and East Coast rap scenes. In the 2009 essay "Born Alone, Die Alone," she recounts the album's impact on West Coast artist, Tupac Shakur. While working as a journalist for The Source in 1994, Hampton covered three court cases involving Tupac. Around this time, she received an advance-copy of Illmatic and immediately dubbed a cassette version for Tupac, who became "an instant convert" of the album. The next day, she writes, Tupac "arrived in his a.ssigned courtroom blasting Illmatic so loudly that the bailiff yelled at him to turn it off before the judge took his seat on the bench." In her essay, Hampton implies that Nas' lyricism might have influenced Tupac's acclaimed album, Me Against the World, which was recorded that same year.

Pac was a student of the game and I have no doubt that if he was alive he would agree Illmatic is the GOAT album.
 4 years ago '10        #204
Agentzer0oo0 201 heat pts201
space
avatar space
space
$66,536 | Props total: 14574 14574
 silentmurder2 said:
Despite these regional differences, Hampton credits Illmatic with providing a common artistic ground for rappers on the West Coast and East Coast rap scenes. In the 2009 essay "Born Alone, Die Alone," she recounts the album's impact on West Coast artist, Tupac Shakur. While working as a journalist for The Source in 1994, Hampton covered three court cases involving Tupac. Around this time, she received an advance-copy of Illmatic and immediately dubbed a cassette version for Tupac, who became "an instant convert" of the album. The next day, she writes, Tupac "arrived in his a.ssigned courtroom blasting Illmatic so loudly that the bailiff yelled at him to turn it off before the judge took his seat on the bench." In her essay, Hampton implies that Nas' lyricism might have influenced Tupac's acclaimed album, Me Against the World, which was recorded that same year.

Pac was a student of the game and I have no doubt that if he was alive he would agree Illmatic is the GOAT album.

[pic - click to view]

 4 years ago '08        #205
Eagles All Day 84 heat pts84
space
avatar space
space
$31,000 | Props total: 8570 8570
 aclockworkred71 said:
This poll is too close.

Getting shot 9-10 times in 2 years isn't a musical talent, just makes you a dumbass.
 4 years ago '04        #206
lment 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,032 | Props total: 61 61
MATW isn't even Tupac's best album let alone better than the GOAT Illmatic

Aquemini really the best rap album ever though
 4 years ago '13        #207
Blackspider 96 heat pts96
space
avatar space
space
$4,569 | Props total: 4706 4706
Holy sh*t MATW beat E 1999 Eternal?

Guess I missed that head to head. E 1999 sh*ts on that album.
 4 years ago '13        #208
Eazy123 614 heat pts614
space
avatar space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 17154 17154
 aclockworkred71 said:
this poll is too close.

Getting shot 9-10 times in 2 years isn't a musical talent, just makes you a dumbass.
lmaooo
 08-16-2013, 12:35 PM         #209
nc4life 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Supreme7 said:
Illmatic had depth as a album.. but the bangers on MATW
Exactly
 08-16-2013, 12:38 PM         #210
nc4life 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lment said:
MATW isn't even Tupac's best album let alone better than the GOAT Illmatic

Aquemini really the best rap album ever though
All Eyez on Me and Aquemini are two of the best albums if all time but c'mon Illmatic? It's hot but not in the running for best album of all time? Wtf?
 4 years ago '07        #211
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
avatar space
space
$11,830 | Props total: 274 274
 nc4life said:
All Eyez on Me and Aquemini are two of the best albums if all time but c'mon Illmatic? It's hot but not in the running for best album of all time? Wtf?
if the hammers in your avy are actually yours

do the world a favor and commit that

 4 years ago '04        #212
Screwhead|m 192 heat pts192
space
avatar space
space
$14,957 | Props total: 205 205
Illmatic.
 08-16-2013, 01:05 PM         #213
nc4life 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Root Of Evil said:
if the hammers in your avy are actually yours

do the world a favor and commit that

Don't worry about wats mine Fucc n*gga? Just know I use em. This a discussion about rap. Don't get tough via the Internet. U Boxden hoes funny!!
 4 years ago '12        #214
Mr Fujaveli 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$21,881 | Props total: 9820 9820
Illmatic has become one of the most overrated albums of all time
Iyan gave props
 
 4 years ago '08        #215
Eagles All Day 84 heat pts84
space
avatar space
space
$31,000 | Props total: 8570 8570
 Root Of Evil said:
if the hammers in your avy are actually yours

do the world a favor and commit that

Hopefully some blood pushes that f*ggits sh*t in
 4 years ago '10        #216
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,440 | Props total: 76 76
 nc4life said:
All Eyez on Me and Aquemini are two of the best albums if all time but c'mon Illmatic? It's hot but not in the running for best album of all time? Wtf?
 4 years ago '09        #217
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$33,559 | Props total: 10724 10724
 Mr Fujaveli said:
Illmatic has become one of the most overrated albums of all time
Just about everything 2pac has ever released (except MATW) is overrated though so
 4 years ago '09        #218
MakaveliToDon91 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$3,670 | Props total: 2185 2185
 aclockworkred71 said:
Tupac isn't even top 30, mediocre fu*k, Nas with Illmatic elevated rap, dude is a genius, Tupac was a fairy, good thing he got shot up, but bad due to the irrational fanboys.

AZ's verse > MATW. Tupac fans only look at the death and have no comment for the weak lyrics.
fu*k this n*gga talkin bout crawl back in ya hole
 4 years ago '13        #219
Impeccable 198 heat pts198
space
space
space
$14,639 | Props total: 16 16
 Mr Fujaveli said:
Illmatic has become one of the most overrated albums of all time
Just like Pacs 3 best albums
Mr Fujaveli slapped this ish
 
 4 years ago '04        #220
fat_boyy21 322 heat pts322
space
avatar space
space
$9,248 | Props total: 1236 1236
Looks like the bridge is over for pac fans
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 56
Video inside 15 Lies Your School Told You
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 48
Image(s) inside Might have to paper bag this redhead PAWG with AUTISTIC features
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 46
she look like a psycho...dat is indeed crazy
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 26
Creepy as fu-k.. this episode of different strokes was wrote by accused ped0ph..
154 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 10
Well Damn Boosie on Buying a $50 Million Estate for $3 Million
24 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Red Dead Redemption 2 - new pics
43 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 10
NBA But But But Lonzo isn't Atheletic....
110 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 9
May 22 - Ariana Grande Concert Ends in Emergency Evacuation After Explosions R..
488 comments
1 day ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy