Lupe Fiasco - SLR 2

most viewed right now
 82
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 54
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 50
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 44
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #101
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
avatar space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
Aside from the undertone of this conversation if you can't see how pretentious Lupe is you're a follower and need to reevaluate your life.
 4 years ago '11        #102
Lee Wizzle 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,667 | Props total: 1510 1510
 Moony Jackson said:
I'm tired of these lupe stans getting on their high horse and calling people dumb because they don't understand some fu*king concept or some hidden lyrical puzzles this n*gga put in his raps

fu*k that sh*t

rap is supposed to be entertaining

n*ggas think you dumb just because you don't like that bullsh*t

pretentious as fu*k
no







no




first and foremost rap is an artform just like any other genre of music in art their are pieces you understand and pieces you wont understand that doesnt make it any less of an expression of art if you cant understand than thats a problem your having not the songwriter
 4 years ago '07        #103
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 DanBootleg said:
Aside from the undertone of this conversation if you can't see how pretentious Lupe is you're a follower and need to reevaluate your life.
who said he isn't? but so was jay-z, further he even admitted to dumbing down his bars. so whats the problem if jay-z does it but lupe cant?
 4 years ago '10        #104
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 nastynoble said:
to me it's only the shock factor of kendricks verse that is classic. he's had wayy better verses. this was mediocre for him.
Nah bruh.

What Kendrick said was a 100000% truth and was still lyrical as fu*k. That's why everyone is reeling right now. I don't think Lupe has a platinum album. He has the bars but he doesn't have the sales. His arms are too short to box with Kendrick. There's nothing he can really say that would make me go, OH sh*t!

Lu just needs to make sure his next album is a hit and still a solid Hip-Hop album.
 4 years ago '10        #105
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
avatar space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 nastynoble said:
its not pretentious if you are calling it wack BECAUSE you don't comprehend.

just let us know you having difficulties son. we'll help you out.

it's like saying math doesnt make sense because you can't find x. just move on and skip the problem bruh.

lupe is entertaining, it challenges some of us to sharpen our minds and ears and some of us like that challenge. others don't BUT dont come in here and throw GARBAGE around like you broke down the bars and it wasn't dope.
its pretentious because you n*ggas always spit that same snobby bullsh*t if someone doesn't like lupe

not everyone is gonna like an artist but yall always get on yall fake condescending sh*t to talk down to people that don't fu*ks with him

this is music I want to be entertained, not solve fu*king math equations

it seems like this n*gga caters to nerds with a chip on their shoulder
 4 years ago '06        #106
Jhnnyblz427 174 heat pts174
space
avatar space
space
$35,225 | Props total: 18086 18086
oh my fu*k






[pic - click to view]





 4 years ago '11        #107
BuckedCrazy 46 heat pts46
space
avatar space
space
$5,048 | Props total: 1513 1513
That beat tho
 4 years ago '09        #108
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$11,188 | Props total: 3488 3488
Joint is tough.
 4 years ago '10        #109
EmJay23 
space
avatar space
space
$372 | Props total: 266 266
Disappointing
 4 years ago '05        #110
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
avatar space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
 nastynoble said:
who said he isn't? but so was jay-z, further he even admitted to dumbing down his bars. so whats the problem if jay-z does it but lupe cant?
Why are you bringing outside information into a conversation that it doesn't concern? There's a vast difference between Jay-Z and Lupe Fiasco. You're living breathing proof that my original point (and Lupe's for that matter) is correct.

>Lupe Fiasco said people are easily impressed
>Dropped something meh worthy
>You defend it like it's the best thing that's happened in your life

That in itself is him (Wasalu) stating a fact then proving it with his pretentiousness which is regressive in this situation. Nobody said he can't rap, the issue is he didn't do as well as we know he can with this effort.

Basically I'm calling you a pawn for defending this song.
 4 years ago '07        #111
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 Hovi Bryant said:
Nah bruh.

What Kendrick said was a 100000% truth and was still lyrical as fu*k. That's why everyone is reeling right now. I don't think Lupe has a platinum album. He has the bars but he doesn't have the sales. His arms are too short to box with Kendrick. There's nothing he can really say that would make me go, OH sh*t!

Lu just needs to make sure his next album is a hit and still a solid Hip-Hop album.
it wasnt really that lyrical bruh. his flow was dope, delivery was mean, BUT it wasnt what people act like it is.

what is sh*t that rappers say that has you going "oh sh*t"?

just wondering
 4 years ago '05        #112
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Lee Wizzle said:
Just cuz you dont understand shouldnt be an excuse to hate on him tho you gotta step yo game sh*t up you could always just go to rapgenius.com not all artist is in it so you can understand some do it for the artform and even to this day not all art is understood
I dont hate dude. Lupe is aight. He was once in K.dot's position. I do think its lame that this is the sh*t he responded with OUT OF ANGER, not passion for the culture, but ANGER, and some people think I should feel its good because its a indirect/direct/flipfloppy response to Kendrick.

Just cause its cryptic, its esoteric, and full of allegory doesnt mean its nice.
 4 years ago '07        #113
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 DanBootleg said:
Why are you bringing outside information into a conversation that it doesn't concern? There's a vast difference between Jay-Z and Lupe Fiasco. You're living breathing proof that my original point (and Lupe's for that matter) is correct.

>Lupe Fiasco said people are easily impressed
>Dropped something meh worthy
>You defend it like it's the best thing that's happened in your life

That in itself is him (Wasalu) stating a fact then proving it with his pretentiousness which is regressive in this situation. Nobody said he can't rap, the issue is he didn't do as well as we know he can with this effort.

Basically I'm calling you a pawn for defending this song.
1) i didnt defend the song anywhere really in this thread.
2) for what LUPE is capable of it's "meh" but for what is the norm it is "hmmm"

basically because i was not defending this song your attack on me is invalid.

i was saying, so the fu*k what if the dude is pretentious. im not easily offended by someone thinking they outsmart/outclass me. Im not that insecure son.

my points in this thread have been about the right to disregard or label something as trash solely because one cannot comprehend it. so you called me a pawn? the irony in this thread is 9000
 4 years ago '07        #114
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 Bobby's World said:
Just cause its cryptic, its esoteric, and full of allegory doesnt mean its nice.
just because it's screamed, has shock value, and full of alliteration doesnt mean k.dot's verse is nice either.
 4 years ago '05        #115
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
avatar space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
 nastynoble said:
1) i didnt defend the song anywhere really in this thread.
2) for what LUPE is capable of it's "meh" but for what is the norm it is "hmmm"

basically because i was not defending this song your attack on me is invalid.

i was saying, so the fu*k what if the dude is pretentious. im not easily offended by someone thinking they outsmart/outclass me. Im not that insecure son.

my points in this thread have been about the right to disregard or label something as trash solely because one cannot comprehend it. so you called me a pawn? the irony in this thread is 9000
You saying you aren't defending the song is a cop out because you continually question people's comprehension levels based on Lupe's lyrical content. When the reality is that lyrics are only PART of a song, and this "effort" falls short in a lot of ways (including lyrically). So yes this is a meh effort by normal standards because unless it's unanimously better than the challenge issued (Kendrick's verse) then it shouldn't have been made.

The real issue I have is Lupe sent out a Tweet calling fans of hip-hop (both core fans and fairweather) "easy to impress." Then put out something that was less impressive than the source material, and people continually defend it with "you can't possibly comprehend what he's saying unless you're a level 180 paladin with fire breathing powers." Like seriously? That's the douchiest sh*t ever, it wasn't as good to me simple and plain.


Last edited by DanBootleg; 08-14-2013 at 11:28 AM..
 08-14-2013, 11:24 AM         #116
loyola llothta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DanBootleg said:
Why are you bringing outside information into a conversation that it doesn't concern? There's a vast difference between Jay-Z and Lupe Fiasco. You're living breathing proof that my original point (and Lupe's for that matter) is correct.

>Lupe Fiasco said people are easily impressed
>Dropped something meh worthy
>You defend it like it's the best thing that's happened in your life

That in itself is him (Wasalu) stating a fact then proving it with his pretentiousness which is regressive in this situation. Nobody said he can't rap, the issue is he didn't do as well as we know he can with this effort.

Basically I'm calling you a pawn for defending this song.





"nerds with a chip on their shoulder"
 4 years ago '13        #117
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
avatar space
space
$31,048 | Props total: 38335 38335
The fu*k is this doo doo,

I'm a Lupe fan by the way

Just sounds like a throw away song

All replies shud be done over the K Dot beat
 4 years ago '11        #118
Lee Wizzle 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,667 | Props total: 1510 1510
I mean damn Lupe really got some of guys butthurt in here i mean why tho if yall hate the dude so much why reply to his thread
 4 years ago '11        #119
Chad09 160 heat pts160
space
avatar space
space
$10,966 | Props total: 637 637
Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice
It just means you don't understand all the bullsh*t that he write


 4 years ago '07        #120
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 DanBootleg said:
You saying you aren't defending the song is a cop out because you continually question people's comprehension levels based on Lupe's lyrical content. When the reality is that lyrics are only PART of a song, and this "effort" falls short in a lot of ways (including lyrically). So yes this is a meh effort by normal standards because unless it's unanimously better than the challenge issued (Kendrick's verse) then it shouldn't have been made.

The real issue I have is Lupe sent out a Tweet calling fans of hip-hop both core fans and fairweather "easy to impress." Then put out something that was less impressive than the source material, and people continually defend it with "you can't possibly comprehend what he's saying unless you're a level 180 paladin with fire breathing powers." Like seriously? That's the douchiest sh*t ever, it wasn't as good to me simple and plain.
my biggest issue was people saying it was garbage and basically admitting they didnt understand what he was talking about. Source: "the fu*k he talkin bout?" 1st or second page. if you want to breakdown the parts of a song then let be clear on the definition of a song. can a song not be acapella? with no melody? basically rap without a beat? i dont really want to get in to that but i just wanted to humor you.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 59
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
55 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 42
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
272 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 41
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
116 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 33
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 21
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
139 comments
2 days ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy