Aug 13 - the payroll debit card scam: hitting vulnerable employees where it hurts

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
119 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
122 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
82 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 08-15-2013, 02:25 PM         #41
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regulate said:
This is another in the long line of reasons why people should just boycott banks altogether. Pull ALL of your money out and deposit it into a credit union. No fees whatsoever (even for certified checks, etc) and they even pay YOU to hold an account there.

Its one of the easiest things americans can do in mass to combat these corrupt evil banks yet its not happening on a large enough scale. Americans are so lazy and stupid they almost deserve to get r*ped like they are.
this is the era of passive, obedient consumers who believe in acting in good faith instead of actually doing preventive research becuase they thinks its too time consuming, big business know this and exploit their stupidity
 08-15-2013, 02:29 PM         #42
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 606robin said:
Thank god I get direct deposit. I thought people in low paying job's would be given the option to "choose" a paper check or DD
im possibly the only person at my job that has DD, cause eveyone else opted for the card because their money is accessible to them at 11:00 pm on a thrusday instead of the following friday morning, muhfu*kers come to work pissed over fees and all this other sh*t and dont do anything about it
 4 years ago '10        #43
Account001 
space
space
$3,341 | Props total: 179 179
 LYTE said:
what non sense you're talking about. Banks dont "extort money". People dont manage their account correctly. I worked in a bank for a total of 7 years & ALWAYS been pro customer to the point where I received an award as well as a personal email from the CEO of my bank but people from poor to rich dont manage their acct properly. I will say that a poor person mishandling their acct wrong will prolly incur more fees vs a rich to wealthy person due to the lack of security cash(OverDraft)that may or may not be available.

As an american I agree. most of america is so focused on reality t.v. that they dont handle their business efficiently. Most are to lazy to research before being a consumer on a product. In this era, there is really no reason NO TO know. you can literally type in Google "what is an overdraft?" & get an answer. You have apps to check your acct 24/7. there are alerts to inform you of EVERY transaction on ur acct. Instead, mofos want to IG all day. FaceBook all day. Tweet all dat.

again, ODP isnt a scheme or a scam. It is "offered" as you said so it is an option. The customer DOESNT have to take ODP(overdraft protection). BUT customers are so worried about gettting declined in front of people they dont know. When in reality if you are using these apps or getting these balance alerts which most banks offer, you will know where ur balance is prior to putting urself in the red.

I always tell my clients & customers in general. "I rather have zero dollars than owe a bank a penny." You dont have it. Dont spend it.

If i was u, I will just open an acct at Chase or any bank for that matter because with direct deposit your acct will be free considering u get paid more than $500 a month in Unemployment benefits. You will get more benefits having an actual bank to walk in for help oppose to dealing with the phone operators for every situation.
I think you the same dude that is always defending the banks lol

Banks dont "extort" money, but they do use our money to make themselves more money and dont pay us, the consumer, thank you fees or kick backs

I bank with wells fargo, they automatically add ODP on your account. I have called 2x and told them to remove it. They wont. But since they aren't necessarily allowed to charge these fees i call and tell them to waive them if it ever happens. I didnt know it was illegal tho, maybe i should try sueing
 4 years ago '10        #44
M2CEO 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$4,253 | Props total: 2642 2642
get a rushcard and pay the $5 a month...you get atm fees reimbursed, no hidden fees. Ive been on it for years never going back to a traditional bank.
 4 years ago '06        #45
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,125 | Props total: 4710 4710
 Account001 said:

Banks dont "extort" money, but they do use our money to make themselves more money and dont pay us, the consumer, thank you fees or kick backs

I bank with wells fargo, they automatically add ODP on your account. I have called 2x and told them to remove it. They wont. But since they aren't necessarily allowed to charge these fees i call and tell them to waive them if it ever happens. I didnt know it was illegal tho, maybe i should try sueing
lol. I dont try to defend banks homey. I can honestly say that working in them, in most scenarios, customers dont budget their accounts right. there have been a few times where I looked at the customer and said "I do not understand what happened to your account & Im not going to make an excuse for it too." when that happens I let mgmt or back office deal with it.

As I said, Im pro customer for many reasons:
1. banks are jerking people
2. I can be a customer any day. With that, I ALWAYS handle every situation how I would want it done for me.

Now if Wells Fargo is giving u an OD acct with ur permission & it is an actual account, I will have a banker &/or manager show me in the deposit account agreement that a OD is required
 4 years ago '05        #46
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,626 | Props total: 13695 13695
 LYTE said:
ODP isnt a scheme or a scam. It is "offered" as you said so it is an option. The customer DOESNT have to take ODP(overdraft protection). BUT customers are so worried about gettting declined in front of people they dont know. When in reality if you are using these apps or getting these balance alerts which most banks offer, you will know where ur balance is prior to putting urself in the red.
I always tell me to call their banks and cancel overdraft protection. That term in and of itself is an oxymoron. For the average consumer, it doesn't protect anything since they don't have a savings or credit card to "protect" their overdraft. I'd rather have my card declined and not dig myself into a hole, than to buy something and find out later that my account balance is $-35 or more because I wasn't paying attention to my funds.
 4 years ago '06        #47
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,036 | Props total: 18799 18799
they not cuttin cheques anymore?? The fu*k..?
 4 years ago '06        #48
MyStYlEaRt 
space
space
$4,117 | Props total: 1158 1158
I worked at Olive garden a few years back and thats how I got paid. Crooked a.ss cooperate people.

One thing I remember in particular was servers would get paid about $3.50 per hour and bus boys about $6.00-$8.00 per hour plus tips. Even with rates as low as those management would try to get your a.ss off the clock as soon as possible trying to save pennies.
 4 years ago '08        #49
606robin 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 3422 3422
 Rhyme n Tekniq said:
im possibly the only person at my job that has DD, cause eveyone else opted for the card because their money is accessible to them at 11:00 pm on a thrusday instead of the following friday morning, muhfu*kers come to work pissed over fees and all this other sh*t and dont do anything about it
Well damn that's there faults then. I can see if it was the only option. I'm asleep at 11pm or close to it. I can wait for my morning DD
 4 years ago '10        #50
Shii 
space
space
$291 | Props total: 0 0
Yoooo I thought this sh*t was about direct depositing paychecks for min. I was bouta cut that sh*t off with the quickness
 4 years ago '04        #51
pimppoet 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,933 | Props total: 230 230
 Account001 said:

Ive dealt with plenty of people that expect the opposite....were I work u gotta manually opt in after 30 days of opening ur acct n it has 2 be in good standing. Alotta people claim they read over the terms n after they use the od funds call back n complain about the fees...cussin & screaming for a refund. Every bank/credit union different...some people just dont like take personal responsibility n read terms.

Last edited by pimppoet; 08-15-2013 at 10:23 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #52
pimppoet 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,933 | Props total: 230 230
 OG k!lla said:
Ah man I send money to my sister using paypal, or by just buying a reload card for her walmartmoneycard

Once said her 70 bucks to hold her over for a few days right.....She gets 15 in gas but pays at the pump...They then held the other 55 for 2 days so that money I'd just sent her for food? She couldnt even use for 48 hours
Tell her lazy a.ss 2 pay on the inside next time lol....its normally a larger hold 2 trigger fraud alerts for da bank n 2 make sure the merchant get paid. U should see if ur bank/credit union offers free/cheaper refill cards. Also try 2 open accts at the same bank/s then u can just deposit at the branch or internal acct 2 acct transfers.
 4 years ago '10        #53
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
my job does this for people without bank accounts, youd be shocked at how many people we get for entry level stuff that are 18+ and dont have bank accounts.

so yeah we can get checks, direct deposit, or bankcards, but its absurd to force people to have to get paid with a card.
 4 years ago '06        #54
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,361 | Props total: 4635 4635
 LYTE said:
what non sense you're talking about. Banks dont "extort money". People dont manage their account correctly. I worked in a bank for a total of 7 years & ALWAYS been pro customer to the point where I received an award as well as a personal email from the CEO of my bank but people from poor to rich dont manage their acct properly. I will say that a poor person mishandling their acct wrong will prolly incur more fees vs a rich to wealthy person due to the lack of security cash(OverDraft)that may or may not be available.

As an american I agree. most of america is so focused on reality t.v. that they dont handle their business efficiently. Most are to lazy to research before being a consumer on a product. In this era, there is really no reason NO TO know. you can literally type in Google "what is an overdraft?" & get an answer. You have apps to check your acct 24/7. there are alerts to inform you of EVERY transaction on ur acct. Instead, mofos want to IG all day. FaceBook all day. Tweet all dat.

again, ODP isnt a scheme or a scam. It is "offered" as you said so it is an option. The customer DOESNT have to take ODP(overdraft protection). BUT customers are so worried about gettting declined in front of people they dont know. When in reality if you are using these apps or getting these balance alerts which most banks offer, you will know where ur balance is prior to putting urself in the red.

I always tell my clients & customers in general. "I rather have zero dollars than owe a bank a penny." You dont have it. Dont spend it.

If i was u, I will just open an acct at Chase or any bank for that matter because with direct deposit your acct will be free considering u get paid more than $500 a month in Unemployment benefits. You will get more benefits having an actual bank to walk in for help oppose to dealing with the phone operators for every situation.
Yea but ODP is a scheme to make banks money and give the customer the false impression of security. Our whole way of thinking is screwed..if you're financially literate ODP would not be needed. Banks make most their money from fees. Some credit unions don't even give the option to opt out of ODP; you can let the transaction go thru and get charged OR get the transaction denied and still get charged. That's why I switched to a diff CU. If there's no funds to cover the purchase it just gets denied, no fee whatsoever.

Another thing banks (can) do is debit your account not in the order of when you made your purchases, but at the amount, starting from largest to smallest. That way you could potentially incur multiple OD fees versus one.
 4 years ago '06        #55
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,125 | Props total: 4710 4710
 Y.G. said:
B] I'd rather have my card declined and not dig myself into a hole, than to buy something and find out later that my account balance is $-35 or more because I wasn't paying attention to my funds[/B].
Not@you in particular
And that's EXACTLY why I dont see it as a scheme or scam. As a customer you have the OPTION to have ALL your transactions declined if the money isnt in the acct W/O receiving a fee. Also, another thing people do is set up recurring payments but dont schedule it right to make sure money is in the account. Is it the bank's responsibility to make sure u have $ in the acct when you write checks or have auto debits or the consumer? My advice, if you're going to set auto debit, tell the merchant to schedule on a day after payday.

Trust me, im not a fan of banks at all, but most people just are to lazy or scared to ask for help to organize their spending.

pimppoet said:
Alotta people claim they read over the terms n after they use the od funds call back n complain about the fees...cussin & screaming for a refund. Every bank/credit union different...some people just dont like take personal responsibility n read terms.
THIS. Most people dont read the terms at all. When I open an acct for a client/customer, I stress to read the booklet to learn how to avoid misc. fees. I also say "i know you probably not going to read it so just pay attention to these section I highlighted" I also explain to them about withdrawing more than 6 times per statement cycle from any US bank savings acct will incur a $5 for every additional 1. most bankers dont. I saw a customer with over 125$ in fees just from saving withdrawals alone. SMH it was sad cause I knew there was a 9/10 chance a banker didnt tell him.

DominicanLou said:
Yea but ODP is a scheme to make banks money and give the customer the false impression of security. Our whole way of thinking is screwed..if you're financially literate ODP would not be needed. Banks make most their money from fees. Some credit unions don't even give the option to opt out of ODP; you can let the transaction go thru and get charged OR get the transaction denied and still get charged. That's why I switched to a diff CU. If there's no funds to cover the purchase it just gets denied, no fee whatsoever.

Another thing banks (can) do is debit your account not in the order of when you made your purchases, but at the amount, starting from largest to smallest. That way you could potentially incur multiple OD fees versus one.
again, when I see the word scheme, i think scam. I believe it is an option. I worked at a bank for years(8)and never signed up to ODP 1 time in my life. I OD 1 time in my life cause CABLEvision lied to me. They(cable)credited me back the money & additional credit. If you're in a financial institute & they telling you that you HAVE to sign up for anything, I will leave that institution.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy