Aug 13 - the payroll debit card scam: hitting vulnerable employees where it hurts

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
35 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
38 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '09        #21
messy marv stan 4536 heat pts4536 OP
space
space
$54,080 | Props total: 67562 67562
its really easy to go into overdraft status using these prepaid cards

these cards probably charge the standard $25 or $35 overdraft fee

the "overdraft protection" scheme thats offered is yet another scam as well
 4 years ago '06        #22
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
$5,859 | Props total: 143 143
 OG k!lla said:
Ah man I send money to my sister using paypal, or by just buying a reload card for her walmartmoneycard

Once said her 70 bucks to hold her over for a few days right.....She gets 15 in gas but pays at the pump...They then held the other 55 for 2 days so that money I'd just sent her for food? She couldnt even use for 48 hours
Those cards are such BS!!
So glad she aint working for that company who paid her that way anymore...
 4 years ago '12        #23
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,074 | Props total: 17408 17408
 KFrizzle said:
Those cards are such BS!!
So glad she aint working for that company who paid her that way anymore...
Forreal bro that sh*t is the worst

How you just holding folks money like that. People gotta eat

I literally logged in to Papa Johns website and sent her a pizza and a mountain dew for the night
 4 years ago '09        #24
messy marv stan 4536 heat pts4536 OP
space
space
$54,080 | Props total: 67562 67562
gone are the days when u got paid with an old school check

companies apparently decided that printing the checks cost too much money

there gettin thier revenge with paying employees with these prepaid pay cards
 4 years ago '06        #25
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
$5,859 | Props total: 143 143
 OG k!lla said:

I literally logged in to Papa Johns website and sent her a pizza and a mountain dew for the night

4 years ago '10        #26
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,878 | Props total: 13671 13671
the american ppl seem to love getting fu*ked though
 4 years ago '07        #27
Bkjj11 3551 heat pts3551
space
space
$92,707 | Props total: 70274 70274
I remember in high school I had a part time job at gamestop and I was paid through a prepaid card.

sh*t sucked cuz at the time u could only take out $20s atvthe atm so u still had money left over n sh*t. Hated it.
 4 years ago '04        #28
doczdaname 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$12,996 | Props total: 5048 5048
another r*pe system by the almighty hierarchy
 4 years ago '04        #29
doczdaname 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$12,996 | Props total: 5048 5048
 messy marv stan said:
its really easy to go into overdraft status using these prepaid cards

these cards probably charge the standard $25 or $35 overdraft fee

not true...if you have a savings account it takes it out of there with no fee....if you don't save money however then you are fu*ked.
 4 years ago '11        #30
GrindPOWER$ 391 heat pts391
space
space
$19,296 | Props total: 12684 12684
they did that to earn a profit off the bullsh*t they pay you..big business either you are apart of it or getting fu*k by it.

for you to share that you real my dude i respect that :clap:

Last edited by GrindPOWER$; 08-15-2013 at 01:28 AM..
 4 years ago '07        #31
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
fu*king trash. On the real though anyone dealing with this please just sign up for direct deposit. This is pathetic that these businesses aren't cutting paper checks anymore. Anything for profit I guess. Always the lower class that gets fu*ked. Infuriating.
 4 years ago '10        #32
El Perix 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,098 | Props total: 2 2
 Mvs2527 said:
Unemployment does the same thing
My unemployment card is through Chase. As long as I go to Chase withdrawls and check balance are free. As for bill pay and all that I don't do direct I call in and the only charge is if the company has an over the phone charge. Besides that it's ok.
 4 years ago '04        #33
ThomasGunz 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,871 | Props total: 4621 4621
Am i the only n*gga in this thread that realizes that an employee can take all their money out at one time.... instead of constantly swiping a prepaid card?
 08-15-2013, 03:39 AM         #34
Niruggg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Trilluminati GA said:
the american ppl seem to love getting fu*ked though
yup they only do to you what you allow

ThomasGunz said:
Am i the only n*gga in this thread that realizes that an employee can take all their money out at one time.... instead of constantly swiping a prepaid card?
i thought of that, then i thought maintenance fee, minimum balance charge etc etc, just a guess mind but that's how i'd get em if i were a bank, i'd make it so you could only withdraw $200 at a time and charge $5 for each withdrawal… Damn i should open a bank i could make up all types of reasons for people too pay me…sh*ts fu*ked up

Last edited by Niruggg; 08-15-2013 at 03:45 AM..
 4 years ago '11        #35
The Mastermind 
space
space
$556 | Props total: 34 34
Last year a job I was applying for insisted on these cards, wouldn't even allow me to use my bank account...No matter what you have to pay a fee to get your money even if you take the lions share that still costs, I took the stand of hell no and declined the job and told the HR woman that the company was not socially binding and never to contact me again.

Some people are too dumb to no better which is what allows this to go on and entices companies and banks to make sure you never actually touch the money itself which likely doesn't exist.
 4 years ago '10        #36
El Perix 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,098 | Props total: 2 2
 ThomasGunz said:
It's possible. But if your card is not through a bank like I had one from a staffing agency the bank is called Skylight Financial. There would just be that one time fee at the ATM. Very possible though.
 4 years ago '05        #37
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,711 | Props total: 7021 7021
 jack_napier said:
fu*king trash. On the real though anyone dealing with this please just sign up for direct deposit. This is pathetic that these businesses aren't cutting paper checks anymore. Anything for profit I guess. Always the lower class that gets fu*ked. Infuriating.
That's who they go after people who on check systems so they can't get a bank account the unbankable.
 4 years ago '06        #38
LYTE 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 4736 4736
 messy marv stan said:
the prepaid cards are convient for people who dont want to open a bank account just so the bank can extort their money. but the fees on these cards are a fortune. to deposit some duckets on a brand new card its like $4.95...then theres the $5 "maintainence fee" so thats $10 right off the top. the fees keep adding up from there. 15 or 20% of the balance gets ate up by these fees.
what non sense you're talking about. Banks dont "extort money". People dont manage their account correctly. I worked in a bank for a total of 7 years & ALWAYS been pro customer to the point where I received an award as well as a personal email from the CEO of my bank but people from poor to rich dont manage their acct properly. I will say that a poor person mishandling their acct wrong will prolly incur more fees vs a rich to wealthy person due to the lack of security cash(OverDraft)that may or may not be available.

regulate said:
This is another in the long line of reasons why people should just boycott banks altogether. Pull ALL of your money out and deposit it into a credit union. No fees whatsoever (even for certified checks, etc) and they even pay YOU to hold an account there.

Its one of the easiest things americans can do in mass to combat these corrupt evil banks yet its not happening on a large enough scale. Americans are so lazy and stupid they almost deserve to get r*ped like they are.
As an american I agree. most of america is so focused on reality t.v. that they dont handle their business efficiently. Most are to lazy to research before being a consumer on a product. In this era, there is really no reason NO TO know. you can literally type in Google "what is an overdraft?" & get an answer. You have apps to check your acct 24/7. there are alerts to inform you of EVERY transaction on ur acct. Instead, mofos want to IG all day. FaceBook all day. Tweet all dat.

messy marv stan said:
again, ODP isnt a scheme or a scam. It is "offered" as you said so it is an option. The customer DOESNT have to take ODP(overdraft protection). BUT customers are so worried about gettting declined in front of people they dont know. When in reality if you are using these apps or getting these balance alerts which most banks offer, you will know where ur balance is prior to putting urself in the red.

I always tell my clients & customers in general. "I rather have zero dollars than owe a bank a penny." You dont have it. Dont spend it.

El Perix said:
My unemployment card is through Chase. As long as I go to Chase withdrawls and check balance are free. As for bill pay and all that I don't do direct I call in and the only charge is if the company has an over the phone charge. Besides that it's ok.
If i was u, I will just open an acct at Chase or any bank for that matter because with direct deposit your acct will be free considering u get paid more than $500 a month in Unemployment benefits. You will get more benefits having an actual bank to walk in for help oppose to dealing with the phone operators for every situation.
 4 years ago '08        #39
Ridah 
space
space
$862 | Props total: 252 252
its easy just go to the supermarket buy a bottle of water then get the cash out of the card without any fees :) even if you have to go back and buy something else do it. but i aint paying $5 to get all my cash out rather spend a dollar or 2...
 4 years ago '08        #40
606robin 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,693 | Props total: 3433 3433
Thank god I get direct deposit. I thought people in low paying job's would be given the option to "choose" a paper check or DD
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
114 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy