Reactions to Kendrick Lamars verse on "Control"

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
63 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
272 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
88 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #101
J_Teflon 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,753 | Props total: 2959 2959
 purelogic said:
He ain't name drop drake, now did he?
listen again.

i listened to it 3 times to see the hype. i feel its a good verse and the fact that it got rap veterans talking about it, that also makes it more interesting.
 4 years ago '10        #102
Rawfury 76 heat pts76
space
space
$5,941 | Props total: 912 912

[video - click to view]

This is getting interesting...

Im gonna be real with you ninjas. This sh*t goes

Last edited by Rawfury; 08-13-2013 at 03:56 PM..
 08-13-2013, 03:53 PM         #103
RRondo9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GreatWhites said:
^that Canibus verse was mind-blowing.....and Canibus had many verses like that, which is why he's a legend (despite the Dizaster battle)....

Kendrick didn't blow my mind with sh*t he said, and he ain't no legend....although he may one day reach that status.

i didn't think the verse was anything special.

that being said, the reaction to it has been crazy, and hopefully puts some dudes back to the lyrics for a little while, but i seriously doubt it will last longer than a month.
eminem pwned canibus
 4 years ago '05        #104
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
Kendrick already won, the fact that he got damn near all these n*ggas to respond to him on twitter, shows who really has the "power" in hip hop. We now have a new face of hip-hop.. Thank God the "Lil Wayne" era is over.
 4 years ago '04        #105
silentmurder2 1 heat pts
space
space
$674 | Props total: 0 0
 Stillhyphy said:
the only 2 salty bi*ches in this whole goddamn thread. either you're both trolling or this truly says something about your taste in music and your ability to recognize good music

Please go head and name me another song or verse that has stirred up this much chaos on the internet within the last 15 years..or more

i'll wait
So a great verse is defined by how tasteless clowns like yourself respond to it? God help us if that's the case.

In the past 15 years? You really wanna go there? How about Jay on Takeover, Nas on Ether, etc.

This little clowns verse will be forgotten by next week. And the sh*t is BASIC. There aint nothing special about it. If he inspires some rappers to step their games up, good. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a ABOVE AVERAGE AT BEST verse from a BASIC a.ss rapper.

Jay Electronica dropped a better verse on the same damn song, but you kids are so starved for beef in the current neutered state of "hip-hop" that you're acting like Kendrick just spit Pac's verse from Against All Odds. fu*k outta here
 4 years ago '04        #106
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,161 | Props total: 507 507
 Rawfury said:

4 years ago '06        #107
J_Teflon 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,753 | Props total: 2959 2959
 GreatWhites said:
based on "Beasts from the east", "4,3,2,1", "Making A Name For Ourselves", and various other guest verses where he murdered everyone featured, during a lyrical time in hip-hop.

based on "2nd Round KO", often referred to as the 2nd best diss track of all time (behind Hit Em Up)

based on "Watch Who U Beef With", "Poet Laurette II", "100 Bars", "2000 BC" and various other lyrical-heavy tracks

based on about 300 of the best freestyles EVER (example - Canibus, DMX & Nore for 45min on Hot 97)

need i go on???

i respect your choices. i used to be a fan of canibus. the sh*t that he did in the past is nice but understand what someone does most recent can over shadow his past. that note book sh*t he did at the battle fu*king threw dirt on his legacy. that right there made me throw all his sh*t away. at least go out with dignity and lose the battle then pass the torch to the younger generation.
 4 years ago '04        #108
GreatWhites 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,200 | Props total: 66 66
eminem pwed Canibus
did u ever listen to Canibus' "Mic Club: The Curriculum" album??....he lyrically sh*t on Eminem & D12 with a few bars on a couple songs.

Eminem just said "Canibus don't want no beef wit me" and "u wanna act like a frog than jump" (which is originally a Canibus line) and some really corny other sh*t......and Canibus challenged Eminem to a battle, and Eminem never responded to it....he said on Sway & Tech's Wakeup Show "If Em wants to walk back to 8 mile, i'll be standing there waiting with a smile on my face"
 4 years ago '12        #109
hou12 
space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 908 908
I'm just glad that it appears that I was right about a new renaissance starting in hip hop
 4 years ago '12        #110
cyrus 1 44 heat pts44
space
space
$1,154 | Props total: 490 490
 servesurite said:
same thing i said hoe budden needs to sit the fcuk down, n*gga cant even make an album that a holds a torch to any of kdot's mixtapes
Really? You wanna make a thread and go Mixtape for Mixtape..
If buddens do get at kendrick subpar it's gonna be like that "Blood on the Wall" track
Budden is at his best under pressure, just saying the history speaks for itself..

sh*t I think the rappers that should really be affended are the ones he didn't mention, if you think about it - in his mind they are not good/important enough for a name drop.
 4 years ago '04        #111
GreatWhites 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,200 | Props total: 66 66
Teflon i understand that, i'm not a fan of his newer sh*t, and that battle did hurt to watch.

but is Michael Jordan not a legend cuz he came back on the Wizards? that sh*t hurt to watch too, he was a shadow of his former self.....just like Canibus now.

but that doesn't erase the sh*t he did do that was brilliant.
 4 years ago '13        #112
PsychoCyber 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,884 | Props total: 2030 2030
this is eactly what hip hop needed
 4 years ago '04        #113
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,907 | Props total: 2548 2548
If praise should go to anybody it should be shyne.

Shyne told that n*gga kendrick during his album release he could come harder. The d!ck riders went at shyne. Shyne was right.
 4 years ago '13        #114
BRGordon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,150 | Props total: 1264 1264
 Bea5T said:
you sound like someones who enjoys sucking d!cks
 4 years ago '13        #115
SuccessandWomen 3 heat pts
space
space
$171 | Props total: 0 0
So I'm the only one who noticed Big Sean did the same thing? He was like "Detroit vs everybody" started talking about name dropping lls ya'll skimmed the sh*t out of is verse. The name of the song was "Control" Big Sean and Bronson wasn't surprised the rap game about to turn up
 4 years ago '09        #116
minnesota763 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,752 | Props total: 8 8
 Rawfury said:

give it a few days and a few more tracks like this will be put out by everyone!

then k.dot will take credit for bringing real hip-hop back!

basically a trap tho. he tells em to elevate their bars, and they do it!
 4 years ago '12        #117
cyrus 1 44 heat pts44
space
space
$1,154 | Props total: 490 490
 Rawfury said:

4 years ago '13        #118
BRGordon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,150 | Props total: 1264 1264
 TheDirector217 said:
Canibus is a "LEGEND"???? Says who & based on what???
Canibus is one of the greatest lyricists of all time
And Rip the Jacker is better bar for bar than any Em album
 4 years ago '10        #119
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$3,999 | Props total: 5696 5696
The verse was not memorable or impressive to me. He just said he tries to be better than other rappers. Current content must be weak right now...
 4 years ago '04        #120
dagrest84 108 heat pts108
space
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 131 131
 silentmurder2 said:
Just tellin it how it is. The bar has been set so low these days that Kendricks verse is passing as great. I feel bad if this type of sh*t hypes you up. All I hear is a little nerd rapper trying to sound hard.
I wouldn't go as far as calling Kendrick a nerd and honestly that's never been a bad thing. But everything else I wholeheartedly agree with

The Heart Pt.1 verse>>>>control verse
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy