Aug 12 - 15 year old kid in ATL denied from heart transplant list b/c of past bad behavior

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #101
dasill 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,853 | Props total: 2666 2666
As much of a thug as this guy might look he still deserves the chance at life
 4 years ago '07        #102
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
who was the comedian who got a new liver an an undercover news program caught him in a bar drinking again....dude said "I got a new liver so why not gets to drinking again....." Stern tells the story once in a while on his show.
 08-14-2013, 11:44 AM         #103
playamade56 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sounds like someone trying to get a loan with bad credit. Smh everything is a business.
 4 years ago '08        #104
606robin 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,683 | Props total: 3422 3422
That's rough no lie. Feel for him and his family, his pops prolly got hit the hardest. Trying to protect your son from everything, but in comes life.
 4 years ago '06        #105
thekidd 48 heat pts48
space
space
space
$1,190 | Props total: 911 911
It was written...the very religion most blacks seek to free themselves creates bondage on themselves. The curse is handed down through passage, enacted by action, forever judged for childish mistakes...
 4 years ago '12        #106
slickbak 
space
space
$917 | Props total: 413 413
 Down-N-H-Town said:
I've said this before, no one cares about the Black Teenager.
....if the black teenager doesn't care about himself.

You should finish your sentence.

Do you think that if it was the same exact pictures with tats and a rag on his head, but the kid was white, people would feel any different?

I think that they should go based on:

1) Who is most compatible with the organ and would best maintain the organ with proper regime.
2) Who is in most need of the organ.

Even if the person is going to die tomorrow, I would not give them the organ unless I was damn sure that they would live a lifestyle that would sustain the organ as long as possible.

To those who think his grades matter:

Do you realize that most successful people aren't the ones with the best grades in school, and the people with a criminal record aren't the only criminals.

Last edited by slickbak; 08-14-2013 at 12:55 PM..
 08-14-2013, 12:28 PM         #107
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slickbak said:
....if the black teenager doesn't care about himself.

You should finish your sentence.
Yeah, but don't think that someone can't change for the better.

I am a PRIME EXAMPLE of negative to positive. But I also had alot of support too. So...
Thats whats wrong with alot of these kids. Too many people dont care.
 4 years ago '04        #108
ScaledAt10 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,653 | Props total: 1071 1071
 HHS said:
I understand why they need criteria in place, because there are a limited number of organs for transplant and they want them to go to people who will follow through with treatment, but it's just hard not to wonder if they would overlook this stuff if he wasn't a young black man.
 4 years ago '06        #109
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
$5,859 | Props total: 143 143
Wait didn't Obamacare stop things like this from happening???
 4 years ago '04        #110
dre03 
space
space
$10,168 | Props total: 2448 2448
 RokkyRok said:
That's crazy, at 15 they wrote his life off as not worth it. While the odds are against him, many, if not most of the most successful black men in our history have come from the wrong side of the law. Malcolm would be the obvious example--the streets came to teach him that there was more to life and he went on to success. I'm not saying that this kid is the next Malcolm X, I'm not even saying he's the next Joe Brown, but history has shown that people can evolve.
But you have to understand we don't have an endless list of organs... So you have to be as close to sure as you can on whether the recipient of the rare organ will actually take care of it and do what it takes to sustain his life... Thats like giving a lung transplant to a chronic smoker who has no plans to stop smoking... Why risk wasting an organ on somebody who will just destroy it... You can use it for somebody who will not destroy and use it properly...
 4 years ago '04        #111
jBoRiCuA 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,628 | Props total: 189 189
If you really think they're not allowing him to be on the transplant list because he's black, and has trouble with the law you're straight up retarded

His own family is the reason he can't be on the list due to a history of "non-compliance", they didn't take his condition seriously until now that it's too late and now they want to play victim.

Learn to fu*king read sheep.
 4 years ago '10        #112
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 jBoRiCuA said:
His own family is the reason he can't be on the list due to a history of "non-compliance", they didn't take his condition seriously until now that it's too late and now they want to play victim.
Sounds about right.

Sounds like he wasn't going to his appointments or taking the medications that they were prescribing to him as faithfully as he should have been. Basically not taking the situation seriously until sh*t got real.

But then you gotta look at the fact that he's a 15 year old knucklehead, therefore his mother should be the one who's a.ssuming the responsible adult role and making sure these things happen.

But it seems like her life is in less order than his

Of course the logical question for the hospital now becomes, if yall weren't taking this life and death situation seriously enough to find a way to get down here before, what specifically is gonna change now?

And if it was so "impossible" to get down here before, how you gon get down here on a regular basis now?

Or maybe y'all could have been finding a way down here before but were choosing not to put in the extra effort.

Gotta be frustrating for them at the hospital when they gotta put somebody on the list who hasn't shown serious concern for their own well being over somebody who has been doing all the right things (going to appointments, taking their meds etc)
 4 years ago '05        #113
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,875 | Props total: 30085 30085
this is a pathetic fu*king country i swear i cant wait till the flood comes and wipe this sh*t out
 4 years ago '04        #114
pdemur 1 heat pts
space
space
$365 | Props total: 62 62
this is typical people not reading the article and NO PROOF that they arent giving him the transplant because of race, his past, or anything else. this is what his family thinks. not to mention his mom clearly said she doesnt have a car and would not be able to get him to the treatments. just off that alone would you hire someone that didnt have a car and lived a half hour away or a person with a car that lived a half hour away? back to the point. where in this article does it say the hospital told them he isnt getting a transplant because of his past? NO WHERE!!! again im not heartless but who gives a sh!t about this kid? why is this even an article? there are tons of people waiting for transplants not getting them and dying? why is he so special? Oh thats right because hes black and the media loves hoping on stories like this to divide us. smarten up people open your eyes and read ALL THE INFORMATION provided and dont just hop on the race bandwagon. im sure 100000 black/white people have died because they couldnt get their transplant. why havent we heard about them? why do we only hear about the 15 yr old black kid? because people will jump all over this like the 6 pages of BS we have here
 08-14-2013, 03:50 PM         #115
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lo life dun said:
this is a pathetic fu*king country i swear i cant wait till the flood comes and wipe this sh*t out
Add something to the discussion then instead of one liners or devil gon devil.
 4 years ago '08        #116
Lot17 24 heat pts24
space
space
$3,022 | Props total: 465 465
fu*k it...not cause of his past or his color or his gender. But why prolong the inevitable?
 4 years ago '06        #117
TayTay1255 
space
space
$650 | Props total: 0 0
Y'all are tripping. No one has the right to an organ transplant. People are denied every year, because they do not meet the criteria. He was not denied because he is black. You all are acting like no young black men have been given organs. If this sh*t was a regular occurrence in a city with this many black people it would be publicized more. They did not sentence him to death, they just chose not to invest in the gamble of attempting to save his life. Y'all talking that sh*t now, but if he got that organ and tricked it off while your loved one died waiting at the top of the transplant list you'd start bi*ching.
 4 years ago '05        #118
Flatbush85 53 heat pts53
space
space
$14,384 | Props total: 680 680
n*ggas have more compassion for a homeless dude whos cake got stomped on than a young kid who needs a heart.
 4 years ago '04        #119
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,458 | Props total: 6043 6043
 Flatbush85 said:
n*ggas have more compassion for a homeless dude whos cake got stomped on than a young kid who needs a heart.
u feel me n*ggaz jumpin in threads like that
[pic - click to view]

talkin bout i would have k!lled him for steppin on the cake
 4 years ago '13        #120
BRGordon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,150 | Props total: 1264 1264
 royman04 said:
Just another excuse to let a black child die
Home      

most viewed right now