Aug 12 - 15 year old kid in ATL denied from heart transplant list b/c of past bad behavior

most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
121 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #21
Sin 1263 heat pts1263
space
space
$18,422 | Props total: 39272 39272
 Mattaveli said:
Its all well and good for this kid not to get a heart, he will just become a criminal. We shouldnt give treatment to drunk drivers either, they deserved it. The elderly too, theyll just die soon any way. If you start creating reasons why someone isnt eligible to medical treatment, eventually only the privileged will be able to receive it. Will you be able to prove that you deserve to live by their standards? Do you think your life will be worth it?
He has the next 2 or 3 months to prove he's worthy of that heart
 08-13-2013, 12:35 PM         #22
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mattaveli said:
Its all well and good for this kid not to get a heart, he will just become a criminal. We shouldnt give treatment to drunk drivers either, they deserved it. The elderly too, theyll just die soon any way. If you start creating reasons why someone isnt eligible to medical treatment, eventually only the privileged will be able to receive it. Will you be able to prove that you deserve to live by their standards? Do you think your life will be worth it?
Yes exactly how it should be. If youre a drunk you dont fu*kin deserve a liver. If youre old you dont get an organ before a young person. If you are a criminal you dont get an organ before an outstanding citizen. Its not hard to understand... if they gonna give this kid a heart they better damn well know if he is gonna take care of it if now it will be a waste and 3 lives are gone fore nothing, the donor, the person getting the heart, and the person who didnt get that heart.
 4 years ago '12        #23
Mattaveli 
space
space
$2,518 | Props total: 2138 2138
Okay...by whos measurement does he prove that? What are the exact qualifications? Who approved this method of determination, and who approved them? Do you see where im going with this? Why should someone else decide if a person is or isnt worthy of life? Would you want to leave your life in another person hands?
 4 years ago '12        #24
Mattaveli 
space
space
Cory35, if a board of people decided that your life is not worth saving, you would gladly die with a smile on your face?
 08-13-2013, 12:49 PM         #25
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 corys35 said:
Yes exactly how it should be. If youre a drunk you dont fu*kin deserve a liver. If youre old you dont get an organ before a young person. If you are a criminal you dont get an organ before an outstanding citizen. Its not hard to understand... if they gonna give this kid a heart they better damn well know if he is gonna take care of it if now it will be a waste and 3 lives are gone fore nothing, the donor, the person getting the heart, and the person who didnt get that heart.
Who cares, life has no right or wrong.........and you can't sit up and try to justify any one not getting anything....people that are close death dont want to hear some judgemental logic they want to live......as any of us would want to live........it's not right for anyone to be denied all because you have "hoiler then thou" as*hole behind the scenes pulling the strings............and keep in mind let this kid some lazy millionaires kid who had the same background as this poorer black kid......and I garuntee you the kid would be on the list without a question.
 4 years ago '11        #26
Sin 1263 heat pts1263
space
space
$18,422 | Props total: 39272 39272
 Mattaveli said:
Okay...by whos measurement does he prove that? What are the exact qualifications? Who approved this method of determination, and who approved them? Do you see where im going with this? Why should someone else decide if a person is or isnt worthy of life? Would you want to leave your life in another person hands?
the board is made up of social workers doctors nurses all that work with you on a regular basis atleast in my case dealing with a kidney transplant they give there input to the hospital where your signed up for a transplant
 4 years ago '04        #27
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,474 | Props total: 6055 6055
dam its not even the black and whites thats laughed at its the whole fu*kin country others is laughin at im movin to mars the worlds a mess
 08-13-2013, 01:24 PM         #28
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mattaveli said:
I agree there has to be some type of regulations. I honestly dont know they could make it work but you got to understand the point I was making. There will always be a person who deserves it more. And the guy a few post back turning this into race war, talk about hypocrisy and white people. You the one that brought up skin color, for all u know his dr coulda been black. U say thats why are country is fu*ked up maybe its people like you who twists other peoples words to suit your agenda. Blame everyone else for every misfortune you have had. If the drs dont think the heart would be bedt suited in this kid then thats there call, im sure have plenty of better reasons other than skin color
 4 years ago '10        #29
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,923 | Props total: 45 45
sh*t his parents should be ashamed.

tatted up, durag on and cant even pull his pants up in the hospital, has a criminal record at 15 and has sh*tty grades.

Im not gonna say that its right for someone to be denied a chance at life but i do understand the amount of hearts available and the amount that are needed and you have to make an educated guess at who will put the organ to better use.
 4 years ago '12        #30
Mattaveli 
space
space
I never mentioned race, and I dont see anything that suggests a racial bias. You simply a.ssumed my views based on the color of my skin. Sincerethought seemed to miss my point. I dont know how much more clear I can be. In a system with a appointed, unelected group which decides life or death, suffering or a cure, corruption and misuse will be not just unavoidable, but become common place.

Last edited by Mattaveli; 08-13-2013 at 01:37 PM..
 08-13-2013, 01:38 PM         #31
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
Who cares, life has no right or wrong.........and you can't sit up and try to justify any one not getting anything....people that are close death dont want to hear some judgemental logic they want to live......as any of us would want to live........it's not right for anyone to be denied all because you have "hoiler then thou" as*hole behind the scenes pulling the strings............and keep in mind let this kid some lazy millionaires kid who had the same background as this poorer black kid......and I garuntee you the kid would be on the list without a question.
Oh I agree about the millionaires kid being on the list which is bs...
 08-13-2013, 01:42 PM         #32
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mattaveli said:
I never mentioned race, and I dont see anything that suggests a racial bias. You simply a.ssumed my views based on the color of my skin. Sincerethought seemed to miss my point. I dont know how much more clear I can be. In a system with a appointed, unelected group which decides life or death, suffering or a cure, corruption and misuse will be not just unavoidable, but become common place.
Matt if this was to me, I wasnt talkin bout you bringin up race thats why I said a few post earlier. I couldnt remember his name got falcons in his avy. I agree the power will be abused mos def but shall we let a alcoholic get a liver before a child just cuz he is higher on the list? I agree with everything you said its a catch 22 I dont know the answers
 4 years ago '12        #33
Mattaveli 
space
space
I apologize for my crass statement, you made a valid point that I cant deny.
 08-13-2013, 02:00 PM         #34
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UcantCme said:
sh*t his parents should be ashamed.

tatted up, durag on and cant even pull his pants up in the hospital, has a criminal record at 15 and has sh*tty grades.

Im not gonna say that its right for someone to be denied a chance at life but i do understand the amount of hearts available and the amount that are needed and you have to make an educated guess at who will put the organ to better use.
So you don't agree..........but you understand? Ridiculous............stuff like this is why so many people hate this country.........severity of the condition.....that's it........forget all this other stuff.........a person's back ground is not always the best indicator of the person they are..........its as stupid as juding someone based on skin color alone...........this type of thinking is unacceptable......especially considering that kid is 15.....that's only 5 years from age 10.......why is it he has to placed in this catagory of worthlessness because his life up till now is up to the expectation of some fu*k who more then likely came from a background of wealth and who did not have to deal with any of this stuff this kid had too.
 4 years ago '10        #35
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
So you don't agree..........but you understand? Ridiculous............stuff like this is why so many people hate this country.........severity of the condition.....that's it........forget all this other stuff.........a person's back ground is not always the best indicator of the person they are..........its as stupid as juding someone based on skin color alone...........this type of thinking is unacceptable......especially considering that kid is 15.....that's only 5 years from age 10.......why is it he has to placed in this catagory of worthlessness because his life up till now is up to the expectation of some fu*k who more then likely came from a background of wealth and who did not have to deal with any of this stuff this kid had too.
the hell else they gonna judge it by......what he "may" do in the future?
 08-13-2013, 02:16 PM         #36
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UcantCme said:
the hell else they gonna judge it by......what he "may" do in the future?
How about they just go by the list and the severity of the situation......or perhaps do a lottery since there is real fair way to determine who should live or die, but taking on this judgemental stance of telling someone that they deserve to live........that's pretty fu*ked up, anyway you slice it.
 4 years ago '10        #37
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
How about they just go by the list and the severity of the situation......or perhaps do a lottery since there is real fair way to determine who should live or die, but taking on this judgemental stance of telling someone that they deserve to live........that's pretty fu*ked up, anyway you slice it.
ok think of it like this:

your son is 16 and is a honor student with major colleges already courting him for football, never been in trouble with the law, and is a great kid. He is diagnosed with a enlarged heart and they end up giving it to this 15 year old that is tatted up, bad grades, and a delinquent already, all because he was 1 slot above your son on the "list".

whats your take?
 08-13-2013, 02:32 PM         #38
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UcantCme said:
ok think of it like this:

your son is 16 and is a honor student with major colleges already courting him for football, never been in trouble with the law, and is a great kid. He is diagnosed with a enlarged heart and they end up giving it to this 15 year old that is tatted up, bad grades, and a delinquent already, all because he was 1 slot above your son on the "list".

whats your take?
Im course I'm going to want my son to live........but that boy's mother want's the same....its not about who deserves to live , its about what life has in store for my child or the other.........I would f!ght for my child to live, but I'm not going to cut the legs off from under another child because I believe that my child's right to live is more important then theirs.......as humans we have to better then that......all this intelligence we have and we still have not got the point......
 4 years ago '10        #39
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
Im course I'm going to want my son to live........but that boy's mother want's the same....its not about who deserves to live , its about what life has in store for my child or the other.........I would f!ght for my child to live, but I'm not going to cut the legs off from under another child because I believe that my child's right to live is more important then theirs.......as humans we have to better then that......all this intelligence we have and we still have not got the point......
so if both kids continue the path they are on you would be ok with the kid above yours getting the heart when he ends up in jail or dead by 18?

i mean in an ideal world, there are enuf hearts for everyone to get one that medically needed one, it just isnt that simple.
 08-13-2013, 02:48 PM         #40
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UcantCme said:
so if both kids continue the path they are on you would be ok with the kid above yours getting the heart when he ends up in jail or dead by 18?

i mean in an ideal world, there are enuf hearts for everyone to get one that medically needed one, it just isnt that simple.
In an ideal world you dont tell a 15 year old kid that his life is not worth saving because he is percieved a useless hoodlum before he even reaches the age of an adult.

No one is stating that there is a best practice to determine, but this practice is not it..........its unfair, its bias, and its more then likely a racial undertone.

We talk about Arab nations and call them savages and archaic........but in America you have people who feel like a 15 year child should die because his poor family and bad background determines his worth in society........as a nation we are fu*ked up...........and as a fellow human behing......I find you stance on this issue appalling..........we have all these peopel who have everything in the world , yet they still feel entitiled to take any and everything they want.......and other peopel who are just living but who can't even get a shot at life because of our countries judgemental political bullsh*t.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
21 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
59 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
25 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
47 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy