Aug 12 - 15 year old kid in ATL denied from heart transplant list b/c of past bad behavior

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
74 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '12        #1
7355 pageviews
127 comments

KleanKutt100 151 heat pts151
space
space
$4,721 | Props total: 2573 2573
Aug 12 - 15 year old kid in ATL denied from heart transplant list b/c of past bad behavior

A 15-year-old Georgia teen was denied a shot at a life-saving heart transplant because of his history with law enforcement and poor grades, according to his family.

MyFoxAtlanta.com reports that officials at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston have informed patient Anthony Stokes' family that he doesn’t qualify for its heart transplant list because he has a history of "non-compliance."

"They said they don’t have any evidence that he would take his medicine or that he would go to his follow-ups," Melencia Hamilton, Anthony’s mother told WSBTV.com.

Hamilton told the station that her son, who suffers from an enlarged heart, has only six months to live and needs the transplant to survive.

While doctors at the hospital have not revealed the specific reason Anthony was kept off the list, family friends told WSBTV.com that his juvenile record and past performance in school played a role in the decision.

“They've given him a death sentence,” Christine Young Brown, president of the Newton-Rockdale chapter of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference told the station.

Hamilton suspects the family's financial situation may also have played a role in the hospital's decision.

"I think that they don't think that we can pay for the medicine. We probably couldn't get to the doctor visits because of transportation. I don't have a car," Hamilton told MyFoxAtlanta.com.

Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta said in a statement, "The well-being of our patients is always our first priority. We are continuing to work with this family and looking at all options regarding this patient's health care. We follow very specific criteria in determining eligibility for a transplant of any kind."

visit this link Georgia teen being kept off heart transplant list, family says | Fox News

127 comments for "Aug 12 - 15 year old kid in ATL denied from heart transplant list b/c of past bad behavior"

4 years ago '07        #2
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
Take that rag off n cover ur tats if u want the wiiii man to help u dumb n*gga
 4 years ago '09        #3
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,396 | Props total: 5105 5105

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '08        #4
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
That's crazy, at 15 they wrote his life off as not worth it. While the odds are against him, many, if not most of the most successful black men in our history have come from the wrong side of the law. Malcolm would be the obvious example--the streets came to teach him that there was more to life and he went on to success. I'm not saying that this kid is the next Malcolm X, I'm not even saying he's the next Joe Brown, but history has shown that people can evolve.
 08-13-2013, 06:04 AM         #5
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So basically he does not deserve the right to live.....wow.....that's pretty fu*ked up if true.......and that is a serious lawsuit.....serious........
 4 years ago '04        #6
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
I understand why they need criteria in place, because there are a limited number of organs for transplant and they want them to go to people who will follow through with treatment, but it's just hard not to wonder if they would overlook this stuff if he wasn't a young black man.
 08-13-2013, 07:03 AM         #7
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lets be honest it should go to someone deserving, but they shouldnt be able to play god. Give him the heart if he goes to prison repo that motherfu*ker
 4 years ago '08        #8
tdnupe3 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,108 | Props total: 12394 12394
 Poohdini said:

[pic - click to view]

08-13-2013, 07:43 AM         #9
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Guess I'll never get no fuhkin heart.
No matter what strides I make to do great my past will always be there!

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #10
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27
 corys35 said:
Lets be honest it should go to someone deserving, but they shouldnt be able to play god. Give him the heart if he goes to prison repo that motherfu*ker
he doesn't deserve it because he's non compliant....with school???? and he broke the law??? give me a fu*king break with that mentality. if that's the case then white people shouldn't be allowed to speak, say sh*t or hold office for all the history of treacherous actions they have taken against black folks.

when you go to court, they bring up your criminal history and 'judge' you off of that.

when you go for a job, they bring up your job history, credit history, school history, drug test, medical history sometimes, and give you a job based off of that.

yet when black people talk about slavery, the most brutal and viscous actions done to black people, seemingly, IN HISTORY, we have to forget about it......it's over....we are free now.....get past it.

i'm just tired of the hypocrisy. no one wants to address this issue and then wonder why the country is in the condition that it's in. yea, please get the entire fuk outta here with this.

help this man to live. racist a.ss hospital.
 4 years ago '11        #11
royman04 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,319 | Props total: 4610 4610
Just another excuse to let a black child die
 08-13-2013, 08:32 AM         #12
Tha Problum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

08-13-2013, 08:45 AM         #13
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Grave said:
Take that rag off n cover ur tats if u want the wiiii man to help u dumb n*gga
Always like Black people to be so ashamed with themselves that they try to put their "brothers" in place in the name of their masters.....fu*k your advice B

I wonder if the same rules applied when White murderers and rapists got their second chance. This is clearly ATL's way of controlling the racial and social makeup of those they grant second chances to. Pretty disgusting
 4 years ago '08        #14
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,872 | Props total: 723 723
 corys35 said:
so he doesnt deserve a heart my n*gga?

another flawed system that must be fixed
 4 years ago '11        #15
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6666 6666
My n*gga taking selfies in the hospital though

4 years ago '11        #16
Brolicballer13 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,503 | Props total: 1125 1125
 Poohdini said:

[pic - click to view]

That movie was so powerful
 4 years ago '08        #17
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,202 | Props total: 5324 5324
wow
 4 years ago '11        #18
Sin 1263 heat pts1263
space
space
$18,485 | Props total: 39397 39397
no surprise if you've been in prison your not eligible for organ transplant

if they think you wont comply with the diet your not eligible for organ transplant

when you get a organ transplant you have to take 30 pills a day at certain times everyday or you will lose the the organ

no drinking alcohol no weed this kid has shown he wont comply in life
 4 years ago '11        #19
Sin 1263 heat pts1263
space
space
$18,485 | Props total: 39397 39397
 slimdogg3325 said:
so he doesnt deserve a heart my n*gga?

another flawed system that must be fixed
the system is not flawed its been working just fine more people showed sign up to be donors maybe there would be more hearts to potentially waste on this kid
 4 years ago '12        #20
Mattaveli 
space
space
$2,519 | Props total: 2139 2139
Its all well and good for this kid not to get a heart, he will just become a criminal. We shouldnt give treatment to drunk drivers either, they deserved it. The elderly too, theyll just die soon any way. If you start creating reasons why someone isnt eligible to medical treatment, eventually only the privileged will be able to receive it. Will you be able to prove that you deserve to live by their standards? Do you think your life will be worth it?

Last edited by Mattaveli; 08-13-2013 at 11:52 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
173 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
73 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
The Overwatch Community Is fu-ked Up.
38 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
197 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy