Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '09        #1
8554 pageviews
62 comments

messy marv stan 4531 heat pts4531
space
space
$53,809 | Props total: 66813 66813
Aug 11 - Your Brain on Marijuana

visit this link Your Brain on Marijuana | Culture Magazine | Medical Cannabis Lifestyle and News Magazine

Your brain thrives on cannabis. Far from being destructive and harmful to our brain, cannabis improves brain function, encourages regeneration of brain cells, protects healthy brain cells from death and stimulates creative and insightful cognition.

The adult human brain contains between 100–500 trillion synapses withevery cubic millimeter of the cerebral cortex containing roughly a billion of them. It is at these synapses that neurotransmission occurs and cannabinoids are essential to their normal functioning.

Crucial to the biological functions responsible for perception and thought, the chemical synapses are specialized junctions that enable neurons to form circuits and signal to each other. Due to the unusual property of retrograde transmission, cannabinoids play a critical role in neurotransmission. Without the feedback mechanism from this diffusion backwards across the neural cleft, the synapses would be vulnerable to excessive activity which could result in nerve cell death.

The largest neurotransmission system in our bodies is the endocannabinoid system which is activated by cannabinoid receptors found throughout the body. In the brain, cannabinoid receptors abound abundantly in the basal ganglia, hippocampus, and cerebellum, but not in the lower brainstem.

The lower brainstem controls respiratory and cardiovascular functions. It is the absence of cannabinoid receptors in the brain stem that is responsible for the unparalleled safety of cannabis. This the reason why there has never been a fatal overdose as there is no risk of respiratory or cardiovascular failure.

The cannabinoid system not only prevents cell death, it is also responsible for neurogenesis – the creation of new brain cells. The system facilitates the process of neurogenesis throughout the entire human life span, from embryonic development to late adulthood. In the brain, neurogenesis takes place primarily in the hippocampus which is responsible for memory, learning and spatial orientation.

It should be no surprise then that this process of forming new neurons in the hippocampus improves learning and memory. What is amazing is that cannabinoids also promote neurogenesis even after brain cells are damaged as well as delay the decline in neurogenesis.

Although neurogenesis is a process that continues throughout life, neurogenesis does declines with aging. Canadian researcher Dr. Xia Zhang found that synthetic THC could not only promote neurogenesis in laboratory animals, but also seemed to reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression. How perfect for the elderly.

Research conducted in Israel and Spain has shown that it is the unique ability of the cannabinoids found in cannabis to protect nerve cells from dying, to reduce inflammation and prevent mental decline that underlies its proven ability to delay the onset of Alzheimer’s disease.

Along with its anti-inflammatory properties, the capacity of cannabinoids to control fundamental neurological activities can help people recover from the neurological damage that occurs with stroke or injury.

The high densities of cannabinoid receptors found in the forebrain and cerebellum also explain why cannabinoids are essential for cognition and movement. It is this increase in cannabinoid activity in the evolutionary advanced areas of the brain that promotes higher levels of consciousness and hence creativity.

Perhaps this ability to induce higher levels of consciousness explains a 2010/2011 study in Ireland that found cannabis use more common among those with higher educational achievements. The study found that cannabis use rates were highest among people who were still in education over the age of 20 and lowest among those who left education before the age of 15.

Far from the fear mongering of mercenary drug warriors that marijuana damages our brains and inhibits our thought processes, the use of the cannabinoid supplements found in cannabis can protect our brains, ensure the proper functioning of neural transmission systems, delay the onset of Alzheimer’s and stimulate new and innovative thoughts of the highest order.

62 comments for "Aug 11 - Your Brain on Marijuana"

4 years ago '10        #2
SickaMorStyle 402 heat pts402
space
space
$3,994 | Props total: 1 1
 asphaltninja said:
So we went from it not being as harmful as once thought to it being essential for normal brain function?
Its never been illegal because of the harm it would do to humans. its the harm it would do on corporate wallets.
 4 years ago '09        #3
messy marv stan 4531 heat pts4531 OP
space
space
$53,809 | Props total: 66813 66813
the goverment decided to ban

[pic - click to view]

because of how much it would destroy the chemical companies

asphaltninja said:
So we went from it not being as harmful as once thought to it being essential for normal brain function?

its the thc that there researching
dunno if theyre researching the entire plant

Last edited by messy marv stan; 08-11-2013 at 06:41 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #4
Jazzy Soul 27 heat pts27
space
space
$14,162 | Props total: 10 10
it's essential

and that's why it was criminalized, because more drugs = more money for big pharma

why have one plant that does so much when you can make 10 pills to "cure" different things that will have side effects that you will need 10 more pills to "cure"?

hence the propaganda telling you that it's not essential but dangerous when it's clearly not
 4 years ago '09        #5
kickzrme 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,845 | Props total: 1638 1638
 DSmith93 said:

fu*k the man, stay blazing

& fu*king with them edibles
 4 years ago '06        #6
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,877 | Props total: 25640 25640
it's been a good marijuana week
 08-12-2013, 12:14 AM         #7
jctorres958 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SickaMorStyle said:
Its never been illegal because of the harm it would do to humans. its the harm it would do on corporate wallets.
Now here's someone that knows what the fu*k they're talking about. Kudos to you my friend
 4 years ago '11        #8
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 6409 6409

[video - click to view]

gonna roll up tomorrow.
 4 years ago '11        #9
GrindPOWER$ 389 heat pts389
space
space
$19,266 | Props total: 12522 12522
you guys got to know why they won't legalize this because it will not only help but improve ways of life..i wish i come up on couple 100k i would open a dispensary in ever state weed is legal but i would make sure i clean up my already clean background because i know those government folks would look for anything not to give you legality to sell the good ole weed.
 4 years ago '13        #10
chi town jays 
space
space
$3,061 | Props total: 1045 1045
all of this good sh*t I always hear about weed. makes me wonder why isn't it legal yet worldwide???
there could be a cure here for some cancer and we aint even know yet, becuase we want to bash people for using it.
 4 years ago '04        #11
BayBuryYa 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,113 | Props total: 5400 5400
I smoke everyday, but look at the source...

a fu*king weed mag...okay

08-12-2013, 12:25 AM         #12
swerve1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i am not anti-marijuana and have smoked it but any type of smoke is harmful to your lungs. i am also not buying the information from that site. it does have some good uses but is not a miracle drug like these pothead sites claim
 4 years ago '11        #13
superdrunken 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,849 | Props total: 82 82
 4 years ago '13        #14
BHAMBOi293 48 heat pts48
space
space
$12,487 | Props total: 19 19
DAT LOUD AND KEISHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 4 years ago '10        #15
SickaMorStyle 402 heat pts402
space
space
$3,994 | Props total: 1 1
 swerve1 said:
i am not anti-marijuana and have smoked it but any type of smoke is harmful to your lungs. i am also not buying the information from that site. it does have some good uses but is not a miracle drug like these pothead sites claim
Dude!!!!

There have been studies that had non-smokers, cigarette smokers only, weed smokers only, and both ciggs and weed smokers.. The test was to see what damage would result from each. They tested the groups mention before and after. Guess who has healthier lungs, its not the non smoker... But you are (are you) right that combusted materials entering the lungs is bad?!?!?

The people that smoke weed have a higher lung capacity......
 4 years ago '05        #16
neworleansavior 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,531 | Props total: 129 129
Sorry to be truthful but unless you smoking homegrown that shyt not good for you brah. n*ggaz be putting all kind of shyt in weed, maybe back in the day reggie and shyt. But this new shyt modified to get you higher and higher and most likely unnaturally especially if you copping from the streets. That shyt be stepped on, and not good for you this article not fully correct.

Last edited by neworleansavior; 08-12-2013 at 12:39 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #17
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,346 | Props total: 340 340
 SickaMorStyle said:
Dude!!!!

There have been studies that had non-smokers, cigarette smokers only, weed smokers only, and both ciggs and weed smokers.. The test was to see what damage would result from each. They tested the groups mention before and after. Guess who has healthier lungs, its not the non smoker... But you are (are you) right that combusted materials entering the lungs is bad?!?!?

The people that smoke weed have a higher lung capacity......
i cant believe that someone who inhales combustion byproducts is healthier than someone who doesn't. show me the papers
 4 years ago '09        #18
420Sosa 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,337 | Props total: 922 922
Banning a plant with the help of propaganda, legalizing a plant based off propaganda...
 4 years ago '04        #19
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,888 | Props total: 2001 2001
And the award for the most biased source goes to.............
 4 years ago '12        #20
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
GREATEST MEDICINE OF ALL TIME ETERNITY
Home         

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
55 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy