Aug 8 - (CNN) Dr. Sanjay Gupta says "Why I changed my mind on weed"

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
23 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
223 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
219 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 4 years ago '04        #81
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,376 | Props total: 11663 11663
 Shep said:
This is one argument against marijuana that has always irked me. In my opinion, marijuana doesn't "lead" people into doing other drugs. Yes, a lot of drug abusers probably first got high experimenting with weed, but I don't think that has much to do with anything.

Let's just start by putting it like this; it's very abundant, incredibly easy for anyone to get their hands on, and relatively cheap enough to where anyone that wants to try it out can afford it. Also, there are a ton of recreational users, it's a very "social" drug.

Despite it's status as a schedule one narcotic, it really is lightweight (in negative side effects and dependency, as well as the "high"), compared to other drugs such as cocaine, heroin, prescription pain medication, etc. With all of this in mind, it's not hard to see why weed is the first easily accessible, relatively "harmless" drug people will choose to experiment with when they wanna see what it's like to get high.

The way I see it, people that started out with weed and ventured off into harder drugs, were probably going to do the hard sh*t regardless of their experience with marijuana. It takes a certain kind of person with an addictive personality to start using and get addicted to something that they know for a fact is horrible for them (not including tobacco/cigarettes, which is a whole different story). In my opinion, it's really not a matter of weed opening peoples' eyes to other drugs, or the person abusing it and getting a high tolerance for it so they start doing the hard stuff. It's more like they wanted to do drugs, marijuana was the first stage and it just wasn't cutting it for them, so they moved onto something else.

Big difference between an experimental starting point and a "gateway."

Now, don't get me wrong, there are certain circumstances where it could possibly lead someone to do harder drugs. I've seen instances where people fall off the deep end after unknowingly smoking laced blunts, and they're never the same. But, it's still a stretch to classify it as a gateway for that reason.
not true Ive never heard somebody trying crack or went straight to crack before weed

I know a person who tried coke before weed tho but the introduction to drugs is almost always weed or pills. People are cautious theyll try a lil bit before a lot majority of the time till they build a tolerance.
 4 years ago '06        #82
hollyfield420 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$3,365 | Props total: 374 374

The documentary was a great, hopefully it won't fall on deaf ears.

It glossed over some things, but at least it touched on the main things and
made it a point that from a medical standpoint it is something that has the
possibility of being way more effective than a lot of the narcotics big-pharma
pushes on our society.

The fact that every 19 min. someone dies of a prescription drug overdose, and
pot is still a schedule 1 drug that no one has ever died of is just ridiculous.

Oh yeah, and for all of you spewing this "gateway drug" bullsh*t, need to stop.
It's simply false propaganda, because by that logic, alcohol is the biggest gateway drug of
all.

Last edited by hollyfield420; 08-12-2013 at 12:38 AM..
 4 years ago '09        #83
messy marv stan 4534 heat pts4534
space
space
$53,945 | Props total: 67196 67196
i watched the show and every viewpoint was balanced

the kid with the breathing condition is living proof that it works

the 5 year old little girl would have died if she kept on going down the big pharma route

if it wasnt for the plants use as a medicine then they would have both died a long time ago
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
206 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
52 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy