Aug 8 - (CNN) Dr. Sanjay Gupta says "Why I changed my mind on weed"

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #61
ScaledAt10 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,655 | Props total: 1072 1072
My n*gga.........
 4 years ago '11        #62
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 hollyfield420 said:
Replace "high" with "drunk", and ask yourself the same questions... Now slap yourself for being small minded and hypocritical

Irresponsible people exist in all shapes and sizes, but that doesn't mean you legislate around those things...Look how well prohibition worked out
Exactly what I was going to say
 4 years ago '11        #63
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 DJ Maximum said:
How am I being hypocritical tho? I never said anything that alcohol didn't have a negative effect on people. I disagree with alcohol being sold at gas stations because believe it or not it promotes drinking and driving because its more convenient.

So you should STFU and pay attention. Learn the effects of Marijuana for non medicinal purposes. If anything it will make things worse so now we have Weed & Alcohol legalized so double trouble. I know there's irresponsible people everywhere and that's why they will take advantage of it. Do you know drug users can get benefits just from being on drugs. People wont work because they'll be high, cant pass a drug test because it would be legalized. Weed alters your perception on things as well as alcohol and it is proven

You just attacked me because I'm against it. I'm looking at the big picture and its not about just chillin with the homies lighting up its just too many negatives that come into play for legalization of it. I'm for decriminalizing it though.
So why don't we just ban anything that people abuse and don't know how to manage in their lives? Why don't we just ban alcohol and tobacco because when abused it leads to severe danger? I don't understand what makes marijuana so different from these drugs that it has to be illegal. Even though it has less risks and more benefits than the aformentioned drugs.
 4 years ago '04        #64
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,359 | Props total: 11566 11566
 Frank Hampton said:
So why don't we just ban anything that people abuse and don't know how to manage in their lives? Why don't we just ban alcohol and tobacco because when abused it leads to severe danger? I don't understand what makes marijuana so different from these drugs that it has to be illegal. Even though it has less risks and more benefits than the aformentioned drugs.
Again your bringing up different topics were talking about weed not alcohol or tobacco. I believe cigarettes as well should be banned based off the fact the chemicals that go in it. Rat poison and other sh*t is mixed in with cigarettes. Big corporations has an monopoly on this. Its not right at all. Congress couldn't stop the big tobacco companies because tobacco was used by too many people before they found out the terrible effects they have. It also doesn't help that many politicians are in bed with these big corporations that allow this to happen. They put these warnings on the packages and despite health risks and proven facts people still smoke cigarettes. If they dont give a fu*k about cigarettes and their effect on theirself and others, do you think people would give a fu*k about weed as well on their effects on theirselves and others?

The thing is people are addicted to the nicotine in cigarettes, with the added flavors (chemicals) makes it worse. I applaud the new e-cigs they are just water vapor and they wont transfer the awful smell or second hand smoke that that cigarettes cause. From what I read it is much better for you than traditional cigarettes. Many people who smoke are addicted to the repetition of putting it up to their mouth that's why the patches and gum isn't that effective in most people. There's many different aspects that come into play.

Think about it if weed was legalized would you people who smoke it around your kid? Would you want it the influence that it brings? Again it goes back to abuse, yeah you can abuse anything but the fact is we already live in a fu*ked up society. Just sit and think of the negative impact it will bring. I see the positive impact (Medicinal use) for use Anxiety Severe social disorders, Cancer ect. But far as recreational use it is a gateway many users smoke weed first before they do other drugs. They start with weed and then get more curious and it is a fact that many people who use hard drugs started with weed 1st. After weed doesn't fill the need they want more stronger stuff. I know that isn't everybody but the fact that it is proven gateway is alarming. I have no problem with people smoking in the privacy of their own home not around children while not doing anything important to effect their lives and somebody else. I just seem more danger legalizing it.
 4 years ago '06        #65
hollyfield420 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$3,365 | Props total: 374 374
 Spoken210 said:

Dam, when you say it like that.....FUK!
You just pulled a Gupta
 4 years ago '06        #66
hollyfield420 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$3,365 | Props total: 374 374
 DJ Maximum said:
How am I being hypocritical tho? I never said anything that alcohol didn't have a negative effect on people. I disagree with alcohol being sold at gas stations because believe it or not it promotes drinking and driving because its more convenient.

So you should STFU and pay attention. Learn the effects of Marijuana for non medicinal purposes. If anything it will make things worse so now we have Weed & Alcohol legalized so double trouble. I know there's irresponsible people everywhere and that's why they will take advantage of it. Do you know drug users can get benefits just from being on drugs. People wont work because they'll be high, cant pass a drug test because it would be legalized. Weed alters your perception on things as well as alcohol and it is proven

You just attacked me because I'm against it. I'm looking at the big picture and its not about just chillin with the homies lighting up its just too many negatives that come into play for legalization of it. I'm for decriminalizing it though.
Listen man, drug abuse has not gone down at all since the start of the drug war... No matter what you do people will still want to get high...

Marijuana is listed as a "Schedule 1" substance under the federal government, meaning it is highly addictive (more than heroin and nicotine) and has no medicinal value (which is proven to be completely false)...

Through legalization we would dissolve the black market, creating a major blow to the mafias and shady characters usually a.ssociated with underground drug operations, Create new Jobs for a bustling billion dollar industry, and release millions of americans that are incarcerated for petty weed charges.

The main point you're trying push is that since legalization would make it more accessible, more people would become automatic users, which is total bullsh*t... It'll make our streets safer and more prosperous, and it will create a well needed Jobs and if use does spike a bit, so fu*king what? As long as we live in a free society, we should have the freedom to do with our bodies as we please (as responsible adults)...
 4 years ago '05        #67
~~S.L.I.M.~~ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,084 | Props total: 223 223
 4 years ago '10        #68
SickaMorStyle 402 heat pts402
space
space
$3,994 | Props total: 1 1
 Trilluminati GA said:
this can be a big win for the weed lovers

this sh*t is groovy

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '12        #69
Mattaveli 
space
space
$2,518 | Props total: 2138 2138
If someone wants to do something that only affects their body; tattoos; piercings; childbirth or drugs and alcohol, who are you to tell them not to. Mind your own business.
 4 years ago '12        #70
hou12 
space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 908 908
The fact that there are still so many people even on this website that are against legalization is really disappointing

Do you really think that people should be catching cases, going to jail, & treated like criminals because they like smoking weed? Really?
Do you really think that smoking weed is a crime?

And the others saying that you can't regularly smoke weed & be successful
Do you know how many successful people smoke weed regularly, both now & in the past?
 08-09-2013, 06:17 PM         #71
KingJones20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Theres just too many companies thriving off business because weed is illegal under federal law. I don't ever see it being completely legal. I smoke tough too I could care less smokers will smoke man.
maybe in 100 yrs the crooked gov might change but nah I wouldn't count on it.

fu*k the ones saying its "bad for the kids if its legal" wtf are you saying??? Acting like all these drugs and alcohol isn't already accessible to ANYbody already. Think about movies and how tv is now that all these young kids watch. You cant stop it.

If the kid wants to stay clean he will stay clean regardless.

if the kid wants to get high and then be a dumb a.ss and go on harder drugs then ... it was already written. You cant stop a hoe from being a hoe its just how it is.
 4 years ago '12        #72
Shep 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,190 | Props total: 468 468
 DJ Maximum said:
But far as recreational use it is a gateway many users smoke weed first before they do other drugs. They start with weed and then get more curious and it is a fact that many people who use hard drugs started with weed 1st. After weed doesn't fill the need they want more stronger stuff. I know that isn't everybody but the fact that it is proven gateway is alarming. I have no problem with people smoking in the privacy of their own home not around children while not doing anything important to effect their lives and somebody else. I just seem more danger legalizing it.
This is one argument against marijuana that has always irked me. In my opinion, marijuana doesn't "lead" people into doing other drugs. Yes, a lot of drug abusers probably first got high experimenting with weed, but I don't think that has much to do with anything.

Let's just start by putting it like this; it's very abundant, incredibly easy for anyone to get their hands on, and relatively cheap enough to where anyone that wants to try it out can afford it. Also, there are a ton of recreational users, it's a very "social" drug.

Despite it's status as a schedule one narcotic, it really is lightweight (in negative side effects and dependency, as well as the "high"), compared to other drugs such as cocaine, heroin, prescription pain medication, etc. With all of this in mind, it's not hard to see why weed is the first easily accessible, relatively "harmless" drug people will choose to experiment with when they wanna see what it's like to get high.

The way I see it, people that started out with weed and ventured off into harder drugs, were probably going to do the hard sh*t regardless of their experience with marijuana. It takes a certain kind of person with an addictive personality to start using and get addicted to something that they know for a fact is horrible for them (not including tobacco/cigarettes, which is a whole different story). In my opinion, it's really not a matter of weed opening peoples' eyes to other drugs, or the person abusing it and getting a high tolerance for it so they start doing the hard stuff. It's more like they wanted to do drugs, marijuana was the first stage and it just wasn't cutting it for them, so they moved onto something else.

Big difference between an experimental starting point and a "gateway."

Now, don't get me wrong, there are certain circumstances where it could possibly lead someone to do harder drugs. I've seen instances where people fall off the deep end after unknowingly smoking laced blunts, and they're never the same. But, it's still a stretch to classify it as a gateway for that reason.
 4 years ago '12        #73
Shep 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,190 | Props total: 468 468
 KingJones20 said:
If the kid wants to stay clean he will stay clean regardless.

if the kid wants to get high and then be a dumb a.ss and go on harder drugs then ... it was already written. You cant stop a hoe from being a hoe its just how it is.
basically this.
 4 years ago '12        #74
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163 OP
space
space
$21,041 | Props total: 17230 17230
 THaXcEpTiOnAL1 said:
every single person in this thread didn't even read the fu*king article. he listed benefits for NEURO disorders and EXTREME pain, he also talked about how it is less addicting and a better use of prescription because it does not lead to death. fu*king read god damn it.

"I do want to mention a concern that I think about as a father. Young, developing brains are likely more susceptible to harm from marijuana than adult brains. Some recent studies suggest that regular use in teenage years leads to a permanent decrease in IQ. Other research hints at a possible heightened risk of developing psychosis.
Much in the same way I wouldn't let my own children drink alcohol, I wouldn't permit marijuana until they are adults. If they are adamant about trying marijuana, I will urge them to wait until they're in their mid-20s when their brains are fully developed."

he obviously doesnt support it for the youth. The fact still remains the marijuana causes: memory problems, loss of concentration, lazyness, etc. You won't get far in life if you abuse marijuana. I am a recovering marijuana addict (10 years). The thing is in these 2 months I have feel much more focused than I ever have. Please make use of yourself and society and don't smoke weed. If you want to, then once a week is good at best.

Jeesus christ man I feel like everyone here makes less than 30k a year.
Last time I made anything close to 30K a year I was 21 working a desk job and I was making 33K
 4 years ago '05        #75
calilove 7 heat pts
space
space
$557 | Props total: 18 18
 Kadillac87 said:
Were you high when you read what I wrote?

Quite sober, actually. I wasn't confused by the influence of any drug, just the inaccuracy of your statement.
 4 years ago '05        #76
calilove 7 heat pts
space
space
$557 | Props total: 18 18
"If you don't know who Carl Sagan is, hes one of the most influential astronomers of the 20th century and known for having possibly the largest influence in popularizing science. I just started reading Cosmos, which is essentially a layman's guide for the introduction of astronomy, cosmology, and the way its evolved through the ages.

Anyways, it was announced after his death that he was a cannabis user, and he detailed his experiences under the pen name Mr X. Heres one of his essays:"

4 years ago '10        #77
Kno 1 
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 288 288
 Cezaroh said:
Greatest feeling I ever had was walking inn a weed shop and picking up witch ever weed I wanted Cheese, AK 47,Sour Diesel,O. G. Kush,etc.I stopped for a year in a half recently started again and its been great.
[pic - click to view]

A ton of smokers have problems like these... I'm neutral, though. I see pro's & con's, don't ask me how

4 years ago '11        #78
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 calilove said:
Quite sober, actually. I wasn't confused by the influence of any drug, just the inaccuracy of your statement.
What's inaccurate about saying weed, just like codeine, can be used in a medical setting in a positive way but many people abuse it as a recreational drug?

What's inaccurate is trying to use the health benefits of marijuana as a reason for legalization as if most of its users are using it for medical purposes. It's funny how most of the people who don't use weed as a medical healer try to use the health benefits of weed as a reason they should be able to get high.
 4 years ago '12        #79
wiitPanther 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,770 | Props total: 633 633
He's one of the most respected doctors in this country. This could be big. Watch that documentary sunday night...

beretta357 said:
This is like the 3rd article about marijuana that's been Front page news on cnn...........Lets get that legalization popping!!!
this.
 4 years ago '04        #80
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,359 | Props total: 11566 11566
 hollyfield420 said:
Listen man, drug abuse has not gone down at all since the start of the drug war... No matter what you do people will still want to get high...

Marijuana is listed as a "Schedule 1" substance under the federal government, meaning it is highly addictive (more than heroin and nicotine) and has no medicinal value (which is proven to be completely false)...

Through legalization we would dissolve the black market, creating a major blow to the mafias and shady characters usually a.ssociated with underground drug operations, Create new Jobs for a bustling billion dollar industry, and release millions of americans that are incarcerated for petty weed charges.

The main point you're trying push is that since legalization would make it more accessible, more people would become automatic users, which is total bullsh*t... It'll make our streets safer and more prosperous, and it will create a well needed Jobs and if use does spike a bit, so fu*king what? As long as we live in a free society, we should have the freedom to do with our bodies as we please (as responsible adults)...
so a once illegal item comes available and people wont flock to it? man your delusional.....

I understand your 2nd bold statement as well but not everybody is responsible its a classic case of bad apples in the bunch

it wouldnt make the streets safer because people will still sell weed and still rob n*ggas for it
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
21 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
81 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy