Aug 8 - (CNN) Dr. Sanjay Gupta says "Why I changed my mind on weed"

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
123 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #41
THaXcEpTiOnAL1 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 240 240
every single person in this thread didn't even read the fu*king article. he listed benefits for NEURO disorders and EXTREME pain, he also talked about how it is less addicting and a better use of prescription because it does not lead to death. fu*king read god damn it.

"I do want to mention a concern that I think about as a father. Young, developing brains are likely more susceptible to harm from marijuana than adult brains. Some recent studies suggest that regular use in teenage years leads to a permanent decrease in IQ. Other research hints at a possible heightened risk of developing psychosis.
Much in the same way I wouldn't let my own children drink alcohol, I wouldn't permit marijuana until they are adults. If they are adamant about trying marijuana, I will urge them to wait until they're in their mid-20s when their brains are fully developed."

he obviously doesnt support it for the youth. The fact still remains the marijuana causes: memory problems, loss of concentration, lazyness, etc. You won't get far in life if you abuse marijuana. I am a recovering marijuana addict (10 years). The thing is in these 2 months I have feel much more focused than I ever have. Please make use of yourself and society and don't smoke weed. If you want to, then once a week is good at best.

Jeesus christ man I feel like everyone here makes less than 30k a year.
 4 years ago '11        #42
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
Marijuana is still a drug that people abuses. Most people smoking weed are not smoking it for healthy purposes. Weed should be decriminalized, but not legalized. It's pretty much like codeine. Used properly, it can be used for healthy purposes, but a lot of people abuse it to get high.
 4 years ago '07        #43
TheIncomparable 
space
space
$2,595 | Props total: 0 0
So many idiots in this thread. How is this man getting knocked for openly stating that he changed his mind on something? People are too proud nowadays and I commend him for admitting that he was wrong. Also, like dude above is saying, he's talking about this from a medicinal perspective, not a recreational one... I always find it funny when pot heads have that "see I told you" mentality when that sh*t is completely irrelevant.
 4 years ago '10        #44
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
 THaXcEpTiOnAL1 said:
every single person in this thread didn't even read the fu*king article. he listed benefits for NEURO disorders and EXTREME pain, he also talked about how it is less addicting and a better use of prescription because it does not lead to death. fu*king read god damn it.

"I do want to mention a concern that I think about as a father. Young, developing brains are likely more susceptible to harm from marijuana than adult brains. Some recent studies suggest that regular use in teenage years leads to a permanent decrease in IQ. Other research hints at a possible heightened risk of developing psychosis.
Much in the same way I wouldn't let my own children drink alcohol, I wouldn't permit marijuana until they are adults. If they are adamant about trying marijuana, I will urge them to wait until they're in their mid-20s when their brains are fully developed."

he obviously doesnt support it for the youth. The fact still remains the marijuana causes: memory problems, loss of concentration, lazyness, etc. You won't get far in life if you abuse marijuana. I am a recovering marijuana addict (10 years). The thing is in these 2 months I have feel much more focused than I ever have. Please make use of yourself and society and don't smoke weed. If you want to, then once a week is good at best.

I think the legal age for smoking weed recreational should be 25

He is a Dr. at CNN releasing an article, of course he is speaking from a medical prespective

Weed can also be prescribed for depression (which anybody can claim) and outside of that people abuse prescription drugs all day

But yeah... most folk prob didnt read the article

Matt504 said:
They're ending the war on drugs soon, that's the only reason he's coming out with his altered views.
Thats what i think... prob got a call from the DEA telling him to release this
 4 years ago '06        #45
Passaicplaya009 
space
space
$578 | Props total: 2 2
that sh*t too long to read....no vid??
 4 years ago '10        #46
BBhiphop 523 heat pts523
space
space
$17,052 | Props total: 20263 20263
for a sec I thought his name was Ganja
 4 years ago '05        #47
calilove 7 heat pts
space
space
$557 | Props total: 18 18
 Account001 said:
I think the legal age for smoking weed recreational should be 25

He is a Dr. at CNN releasing an article, of course he is speaking from a medical prespective

Weed can also be prescribed for depression (which anybody can claim) and outside of that people abuse prescription drugs all day

But yeah... most folk prob didnt read the article

Thats what i think... prob got a call from the DEA telling him to release this
The legalization of marijuana on a federal level isn't going to happen anytime soon. Instead, what you're going to see is the slow unraveling of the mandatory sentencing guidelines for certain drugs, marijuana specifically. The Department of Justice has been dropping hints about this for quite some time. Most importantly, it's something that can be done without having to go through congress, which as we all know is heavily influenced by big money from pharmaceutical companies.

Although, if marijuana were to become fully legalized in this country, you had better believe that the companies who would stand to profit the most would do all they can to shut out small growers and push for laws outlawing the growing of marijuana outside of controlled areas. This they will claim protects the health of the citizenry, as there is no control over what chemicals are used for plant growth. Something along those lines.
 4 years ago '09        #48
messy marv stan 4534 heat pts4534
space
space
$53,947 | Props total: 67241 67241
the goverment has already patented weed

its a bunch of scientific talk that nobody understands
basically the patent is for how the plant has anti-oxidants
@ the hypocrisy of the usa goverment
 4 years ago '13        #49
WizLatifa 44 heat pts44
space
space
$2,902 | Props total: 626 626
 THaXcEpTiOnAL1 said:

obvious troll =is obvious as fu*k
 4 years ago '05        #50
THaXcEpTiOnAL1 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 240 240
 WizLatifa said:

obvious troll =is obvious as fu*k
ok? but i was.
 4 years ago '06        #51
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,501 | Props total: 909 909
 DJ Maximum said:
My problem with weed for non medicinal purposes is actually having a job while being high

Do you want your baby sitter watching your kids high?
Do you want someone cooking your food high?
Do you want anybody that has something important to do that will effect you being high?

Thats why I dont support it being legalized however I do wish it was more decriminalized though unless you were high while doing some stupid sh*t to cause sh*t to make things worse in that given situation.
Ummm.... The person baby sitting your kid/cooking your food/etc could be drunk or on prescription pills as well
 4 years ago '06        #52
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,501 | Props total: 909 909
 Kadillac87 said:
Marijuana is still a drug that people abuses. Most people smoking weed are not smoking it for healthy purposes. Weed should be decriminalized, but not legalized. It's pretty much like codeine. Used properly, it can be used for healthy purposes, but a lot of people abuse it to get high.
How is Weed like Codeine in any way? Wow...

That's like saying Weed is like synthetic heroin roxycodone because both can be used for health purposes yet both get abused
 4 years ago '04        #53
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
[QUOTE=THaXcEpTiOnAL1;28025855]every single person in this thread didn't even read the fu*king article. he listed benefits for NEURO disorders and EXTREME pain, he also talked about how it is less addicting and a better use of prescription because it does not lead to death. fu*king read god damn it.

Jeesus christ man I feel like everyone here makes less than 30k a year.[/QUOTE]

Some of the most successful and well off people I know smoke marijuana. Some daily. I'm in that group. We all own houses, have well paying jobs and some have even been able to get off harder substances like coke and pills by sticking to weed. So you might of had some problems with your consumption, but that doesn't mean others will. And not every marijuana user is a loser with zero aspirations or motivations in life.

It sucks you got addicted and allowed marijuana to negatively influence your life. But I've been smoking since 16 and I've accomplished so much and will continue to prosper while I also continue to consume marijuana. As of today I have already graduated college, travelled the world, became manager of my own AR department, bought my first home and getting married in two months.
 4 years ago '04        #54
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
 Kadillac87 said:
You can overdose on codeine. Not one reported case of marijuana overdose.

Codeine has a greater potential for abuse and addiction than marijuana.

So that's a pretty bad analogy.
 08-09-2013, 11:30 AM         #55
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

Vote on sh*t he ain't even research tho

pill pushers and the reason you're sick would be outta business tho so I doubt it
 4 years ago '06        #56
poppapimple 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,846 | Props total: 309 309
 4 years ago '05        #57
calilove 7 heat pts
space
space
 4 years ago '07        #58
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 TheIncomparable said:
So many idiots in this thread. How is this man getting knocked for openly stating that he changed his mind on something? People are too proud nowadays and I commend him for admitting that he was wrong. Also, like dude above is saying, he's talking about this from a medicinal perspective, not a recreational one... I always find it funny when pot heads have that "see I told you" mentality when that sh*t is completely irrelevant.
Cus dude gotta stay relevant and it smells of switching your opinion cus americans are quickly realizing the truth. Public opinion is swaying and dude gotta keep his followers and image fresh. These TV doctors are something else..

If Jenny Mcarthy endorsed vaccines tommorrow, I'd still hate the bi*ch for all the harm she caused against them in the first place
 4 years ago '05        #59
calilove 7 heat pts
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
Were you high when you wrote this? Marijuana has zero similarities to codeine, whether were talking about type of high, addictive qualities or means of production. Marijuana has been been used by people from all walks of life, including intellectuals from eras throughout human history.
 4 years ago '11        #60
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 calilove said:
Were you high when you wrote this? Marijuana has zero similarities to codeine, whether were talking about type of high, addictive qualities or means of production. Marijuana has been been used by people from all walks of life, including intellectuals from eras throughout human history.
Were you high when you read what I wrote?

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy