Danny Brown Says People In Detroit Don't Consider Big Sean Local (thefader.com interview)

most viewed right now
 90
Image(s) inside The Only PAWG That Matters
204 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 79
Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj disses Pusha on IG
231 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 71
Article inside Why do people in poverty have satellite dishes?
87 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 44
NBA Woj: Cp3 unlikely to play game 7
195 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #21
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,745 | Props total: 4822 4822
 Jaymalls said:
so because Danny was/is "in the hood" he is "real"???
Because Danny was "poor" he is "real"???
Yall n*ggas are so backwards on BX... if you make it, are you really gonna be in the hood everyday like Danny Brown say he is???
Im 100% sure Big Sean has done more for the city of Detroit than Danny brown ever will... and thats because he doesn't have that same broke no passport having hood n*gga mentality you bum a.ss n*ggas on boxden seem to praise until your favorite artist get caught slipping and end up got over a cheap chain or a bet over a fu*king video game!
n*gga, DID YOU READ the interview?
 5 years ago '06        #22
Honolulu Blue 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$17,780 | Props total: 1757 1757
 ice wolf said:
care to elaborate?
 5 years ago '12        #23
johnnysnow 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,011 | Props total: 3271 3271
This n*gga is the definition of lame
strungout gave props
 
 5 years ago '04        #24
Tastemaker331 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$39,996 | Props total: 12764 12764
 #1nasfan said:
I know he's supposedly not , but he seems so gay. In the video, he's walking in a jacket that's very close to pink, if not pink, tight pants (sagging), and a bag that looks like a big purse and of course, his hair. I just can't get past all that, it keeps me away from his music.
all the fans that this n*gga has on this site, and this is the first time that ive heard a n*gga say something like this
n*gga shut up
 5 years ago '05        #25
ice wolf 522 heat pts522 OP
space
avatar space
space
$9,461 | Props total: 6095 6095
 Comic Book Guy said:
We're talking about two completely types of rappers. Big Sean is on G.O.O.D. Music for a reason. He fits that label and lifestyle perfectly. If you listen to Sean's voice and his raps, you can tell he's from Detroit. But I agree that Sean doesn't keep it real when it comes to Detroit. He cares about the city, but from the outside looking in. Not necessarily a bad thing, but Danny's words have some truth behind them.

I know people who grew up in Detroit but they went to a nicer school and eventually came out of the hood into the burbs. They embrace their past, but they know better than to go back down there. Especially the hipsters who would get robbed in broad daylight for going back to their hood. Doesn't matter if they grew up there.

I'm glad Danny said it because a lot of people from Metro Detroit have been thinking that for a while now, just haven't had the nerve to say it since Big Sean does rep Detroit. I see it as a little big of an ego check, not a diss just putting someone in their rightful place.
 Comic Book Guy said:
care to elaborate?
I cosign that he needed the ego check. Big Sean been feelin himself a bit too much lately *pause.
strungout gave props
 
 5 years ago '10        #26
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,015 | Props total: 8032 8032
 ice wolf said:
Danny Brown >>>> BS

He lame cause he got a got head on his shoulders? n*ggas gon be a.ss backwards til tha end of time
strungout gave props
 
 5 years ago '10        #27
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,015 | Props total: 8032 8032
 BangEm904 said:
i get it now, if u from da hood and struggled then u "real" but if u went to a good high school, u spoiled ...nice logic there. Cause i kno plenty "fake" n*ggas from da hood and real n*ggas from da burbs.

just my 2 pennies, carry on
U know how that go
 5 years ago '12        #28
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$10,086 | Props total: 7912 7912
 Jaymalls said:
so because Danny was/is "in the hood" he is "real"???
Because Danny was "poor" he is "real"???
Yall n*ggas are so backwards on BX... if you make it, are you really gonna be in the hood everyday like Danny Brown say he is???
Im 100% sure Big Sean has done more for the city of Detroit than Danny brown ever will... and thats because he doesn't have that same broke no passport having hood n*gga mentality you bum a.ss n*ggas on boxden seem to praise until your favorite artist get caught slipping and end up got over a cheap chain or a bet over a fu*king video game!
 BangEm904 said:
i get it now, if u from da hood and struggled then u "real" but if u went to a good high school, u spoiled ...nice logic there. Cause i kno plenty "fake" n*ggas from da hood and real n*ggas from da burbs.

just my 2 pennies, carry on
are you n*ggas slow
Thats nowhere near to what Danny was saying. Basically, how can a rapper from detroit get that respect they deserve if they're not known and/or connected to the hood at all? Danny is basically saying he doesnt have a big fan base like that or get respect like that in Detroit because people really dont know about him, ESPECIALLY in the hood

They both come from 2 completely different backgrounds. Danny lived through hell growing up. Sean didn't live a life like that so obviously he's gonna glorify detroit in a different way and have a different feel for it.

You nerds might not understand it but being a rapper and having respect or being connected to the hoods in your city can be important. Danny is REAL because he keeps everything 100, doesnt hold back and doesnt give a fu*k what anybody thinks on him and his style
 5 years ago '10        #29
Kool Aid 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,053 | Props total: 2371 2371
 Jaymalls said:
so because Danny was/is "in the hood" he is "real"???
Because Danny was "poor" he is "real"???
Yall n*ggas are so backwards on BX... if you make it, are you really gonna be in the hood everyday like Danny Brown say he is???
Im 100% sure Big Sean has done more for the city of Detroit than Danny brown ever will... and thats because he doesn't have that same broke no passport having hood n*gga mentality you bum a.ss n*ggas on boxden seem to praise until your favorite artist get caught slipping and end up got over a cheap chain or a bet over a fu*king video game!
I think people are saying that he is 'real' because of the statements he made in the article, not because hes in the 'hood'
 5 years ago '12        #30
CM Punk 112 heat pts112
space
avatar space
space
$7,371 | Props total: 1427 1427
Big Sean > Danny Brown
strungout gave props
 
 5 years ago '12        #31
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$10,086 | Props total: 7912 7912
 Comic Book Guy said:
We're talking about two completely types of rappers. Big Sean is on G.O.O.D. Music for a reason. He fits that label and lifestyle perfectly. If you listen to Sean's voice and his raps, you can tell he's from Detroit. But I agree that Sean doesn't keep it real when it comes to Detroit. He cares about the city, but from the outside looking in. Not necessarily a bad thing, but Danny's words have some truth behind them.

I know people who grew up in Detroit but they went to a nicer school and eventually came out of the hood into the burbs. They embrace their past, but they know better than to go back down there. Especially the hipsters who would get robbed in broad daylight for going back to their hood. Doesn't matter if they grew up there.

I'm glad Danny said it because a lot of people from Metro Detroit have been thinking that for a while now, just haven't had the nerve to say it since Big Sean does rep Detroit. I see it as a little big of an ego check, not a diss just putting someone in their rightful place.
this man knows exactly what he's talkin about, thank you
 08-08-2013, 02:58 PM         #32
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ant McQueen said:
I didn't take it as he himself saying that Sean wasn't " Detroit ", but more so him relaying what he heard from people in the city (being that he still lives/works there).

Thats basically on point. people in detroit dont really rep big sean as a "detroit" rapper. really the only rappers that are claimed by detroit is royce em elzhi black milk n j dilla. and a hand full of local legends like blade icewood/ the entire street lordz dirty glove crew
 5 years ago '07        #33
True Sinister 121 heat pts121
space
avatar space
space
$23,604 | Props total: 7748 7748
Gay wack hater g unit reject...like Max b
strungout gave props
 
 5 years ago '10        #34
hoopslj 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 49 49
 Tastemaker331 said:
all the fans that this n*gga has on this site, and this is the first time that ive heard a n*gga say something like this
n*gga shut up

Guess I'll be the second one. That dude looks GAY AS fu*k.
 5 years ago '07        #35
True Sinister 121 heat pts121
space
avatar space
space
$23,604 | Props total: 7748 7748
 bbrossy313 said:
Thats basically on point. people in detroit dont really rep big sean as a "detroit" rapper. really the only rappers that are claimed by detroit is royce em elzhi black milk n j dilla. and a hand full of local legends like blade icewood/ the entire street lordz dirty glove crew
Bullsh*t. It's like saying I hear a lot of others saying a rapper to wack. By saying he moved to La he's calling him Hollywood. Certain things just shouldn't be said.
 5 years ago '12        #36
TheThreadLord 1777 heat pts1777
space
avatar space
space
$9,836 | Props total: 3743 3743
i understand what he trying to say

but why he have say im from the hood he's not. i think we can compare by both their music who's from the hood?

makes danny brown sound

just be happy for sean
strungout gave props
 
 5 years ago '07        #37
True Sinister 121 heat pts121
space
avatar space
space
$23,604 | Props total: 7748 7748
Smh @ anyone acting like Danny don't look gay when that is the precise reason 50 didn't want him.
strungout gave props
 
 5 years ago '11        #38
5 Sigma 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$4,853 | Props total: 863 863
he fits in perfect in royal oak.
 5 years ago '12        #39
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$10,086 | Props total: 7912 7912
 True Sinister said:
Smh @ anyone acting like Danny don't look gay when that is the precise reason 50 didn't want him.
we aren't closet homos who care that deep into another dudes look. danny is all about fashion..he said he's been gettin bi*ches like that since middle school and high school
strungout gave props
 
 5 years ago '07        #40
True Sinister 121 heat pts121
space
avatar space
space
$23,604 | Props total: 7748 7748
 Stillhyphy said:
we aren't closet homos who care that deep into another dudes look. danny is all about fashion..he said he's been gettin bi*ches like that since middle school and high school
How you look is how you present yourself. To dress a certain way is to say you are that way. You just want to justify someone you like and feel more comfortable insulting someone who pointed out something you would rather ignore.
strungout gave props
 
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 67
Image(s) inside The Frame on this AMAZON.com/Ninimour Model tho...
40 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 65
Article inside A$AP Rocky Outsells Pusha T w/ No Buzz In 1st Week Sales Prediction (..
96 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 59
Video inside throwback: kanye speaks up for himself after beanie sigel calls him gay
39 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 35
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 31
Drake- I’m Upset
412 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 27
NBA Loso’s Pitch to get Kuz to play in NY
51 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 25
Gillie The Kid Goes Off Talking Bout Pusha T. Vs Drake, & Quentin Miller
124 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside Smashing With The House Arrest Bracelet On 🤷🏾*♂&..
75 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy