Danny Brown Says People In Detroit Don't Consider Big Sean Local (thefader.com interview)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
194 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
129 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #21
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Jaymalls said:
so because Danny was/is "in the hood" he is "real"???
Because Danny was "poor" he is "real"???
Yall n*ggas are so backwards on BX... if you make it, are you really gonna be in the hood everyday like Danny Brown say he is???
Im 100% sure Big Sean has done more for the city of Detroit than Danny brown ever will... and thats because he doesn't have that same broke no passport having hood n*gga mentality you bum a.ss n*ggas on boxden seem to praise until your favorite artist get caught slipping and end up got over a cheap chain or a bet over a fu*king video game!
n*gga, DID YOU READ the interview?
 4 years ago '06        #22
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,448 | Props total: 1096 1096
 ice wolf said:
care to elaborate?
 4 years ago '12        #23
johnnysnow 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,776 | Props total: 1957 1957
This n*gga is the definition of lame
 4 years ago '04        #24
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,155 | Props total: 9563 9563
 #1nasfan said:
I know he's supposedly not , but he seems so gay. In the video, he's walking in a jacket that's very close to pink, if not pink, tight pants (sagging), and a bag that looks like a big purse and of course, his hair. I just can't get past all that, it keeps me away from his music.
all the fans that this n*gga has on this site, and this is the first time that ive heard a n*gga say something like this
n*gga shut up
 4 years ago '05        #25
ice wolf 515 heat pts515 OP
space
space
$9,299 | Props total: 5485 5485
 Comic Book Guy said:
We're talking about two completely types of rappers. Big Sean is on G.O.O.D. Music for a reason. He fits that label and lifestyle perfectly. If you listen to Sean's voice and his raps, you can tell he's from Detroit. But I agree that Sean doesn't keep it real when it comes to Detroit. He cares about the city, but from the outside looking in. Not necessarily a bad thing, but Danny's words have some truth behind them.

I know people who grew up in Detroit but they went to a nicer school and eventually came out of the hood into the burbs. They embrace their past, but they know better than to go back down there. Especially the hipsters who would get robbed in broad daylight for going back to their hood. Doesn't matter if they grew up there.

I'm glad Danny said it because a lot of people from Metro Detroit have been thinking that for a while now, just haven't had the nerve to say it since Big Sean does rep Detroit. I see it as a little big of an ego check, not a diss just putting someone in their rightful place.
 Comic Book Guy said:
care to elaborate?
I cosign that he needed the ego check. Big Sean been feelin himself a bit too much lately *pause.
 4 years ago '10        #26
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
 ice wolf said:
Danny Brown >>>> BS

He lame cause he got a got head on his shoulders? n*ggas gon be a.ss backwards til tha end of time
 4 years ago '10        #27
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
 BangEm904 said:
i get it now, if u from da hood and struggled then u "real" but if u went to a good high school, u spoiled ...nice logic there. Cause i kno plenty "fake" n*ggas from da hood and real n*ggas from da burbs.

just my 2 pennies, carry on
U know how that go
 4 years ago '12        #28
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,566 | Props total: 5605 5605
 Jaymalls said:
Yall n*ggas are so backwards on BX... if you make it, are you really gonna be in the hood everyday like Danny Brown say he is???
Im 100% sure Big Sean has done more for the city of Detroit than Danny brown ever will... and thats because he doesn't have that same broke no passport having hood n*gga mentality you bum a.ss n*ggas on boxden seem to praise until your favorite artist get caught slipping and end up got over a cheap chain or a bet over a fu*king video game!
 BangEm904 said:
i get it now, if u from da hood and struggled then u "real" but if u went to a good high school, u spoiled ...nice logic there. Cause i kno plenty "fake" n*ggas from da hood and real n*ggas from da burbs.

just my 2 pennies, carry on
are you n*ggas slow
Thats nowhere near to what Danny was saying. Basically, how can a rapper from detroit get that respect they deserve if they're not known and/or connected to the hood at all? Danny is basically saying he doesnt have a big fan base like that or get respect like that in Detroit because people really dont know about him, ESPECIALLY in the hood

They both come from 2 completely different backgrounds. Danny lived through hell growing up. Sean didn't live a life like that so obviously he's gonna glorify detroit in a different way and have a different feel for it.

You nerds might not understand it but being a rapper and having respect or being connected to the hoods in your city can be important. Danny is REAL because he keeps everything 100, doesnt hold back and doesnt give a fu*k what anybody thinks on him and his style
 4 years ago '10        #29
Kool Aid 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,955 | Props total: 1961 1961
 Jaymalls said:
I think people are saying that he is 'real' because of the statements he made in the article, not because hes in the 'hood'
 4 years ago '12        #30
CM Punk 112 heat pts112
space
space
$7,332 | Props total: 1386 1386
Big Sean > Danny Brown
 4 years ago '12        #31
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
space
 Comic Book Guy said:
We're talking about two completely types of rappers. Big Sean is on G.O.O.D. Music for a reason. He fits that label and lifestyle perfectly. If you listen to Sean's voice and his raps, you can tell he's from Detroit. But I agree that Sean doesn't keep it real when it comes to Detroit. He cares about the city, but from the outside looking in. Not necessarily a bad thing, but Danny's words have some truth behind them.

I know people who grew up in Detroit but they went to a nicer school and eventually came out of the hood into the burbs. They embrace their past, but they know better than to go back down there. Especially the hipsters who would get robbed in broad daylight for going back to their hood. Doesn't matter if they grew up there.

I'm glad Danny said it because a lot of people from Metro Detroit have been thinking that for a while now, just haven't had the nerve to say it since Big Sean does rep Detroit. I see it as a little big of an ego check, not a diss just putting someone in their rightful place.
this man knows exactly what he's talkin about, thank you
 08-08-2013, 03:58 PM         #32
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ant McQueen said:
I didn't take it as he himself saying that Sean wasn't " Detroit ", but more so him relaying what he heard from people in the city (being that he still lives/works there).

Thats basically on point. people in detroit dont really rep big sean as a "detroit" rapper. really the only rappers that are claimed by detroit is royce em elzhi black milk n j dilla. and a hand full of local legends like blade icewood/ the entire street lordz dirty glove crew
 4 years ago '07        #33
True Sinister 116 heat pts116
space
space
$22,057 | Props total: 4672 4672
Gay wack hater g unit reject...like Max b
 4 years ago '10        #34
hoopslj 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 49 49
 Tastemaker331 said:
all the fans that this n*gga has on this site, and this is the first time that ive heard a n*gga say something like this
n*gga shut up

Guess I'll be the second one. That dude looks GAY AS fu*k.
 4 years ago '07        #35
space
space
 bbrossy313 said:
Thats basically on point. people in detroit dont really rep big sean as a "detroit" rapper. really the only rappers that are claimed by detroit is royce em elzhi black milk n j dilla. and a hand full of local legends like blade icewood/ the entire street lordz dirty glove crew
Bullsh*t. It's like saying I hear a lot of others saying a rapper to wack. By saying he moved to La he's calling him Hollywood. Certain things just shouldn't be said.
 4 years ago '12        #36
TheThreadLord 1776 heat pts1776
space
space
$9,550 | Props total: 3097 3097
i understand what he trying to say

but why he have say im from the hood he's not. i think we can compare by both their music who's from the hood?

makes danny brown sound

just be happy for sean
 4 years ago '07        #37
space
space
Smh @ anyone acting like Danny don't look gay when that is the precise reason 50 didn't want him.
 4 years ago '11        #38
5 Sigma 23 heat pts23
space
space
$4,740 | Props total: 549 549
he fits in perfect in royal oak.
 4 years ago '12        #39
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
space
 True Sinister said:
Smh @ anyone acting like Danny don't look gay when that is the precise reason 50 didn't want him.
we aren't closet homos who care that deep into another dudes look. danny is all about fashion..he said he's been gettin bi*ches like that since middle school and high school
 4 years ago '07        #40
space
space
 Stillhyphy said:
we aren't closet homos who care that deep into another dudes look. danny is all about fashion..he said he's been gettin bi*ches like that since middle school and high school
How you look is how you present yourself. To dress a certain way is to say you are that way. You just want to justify someone you like and feel more comfortable insulting someone who pointed out something you would rather ignore.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
14 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
13 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
70 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy