House of Cards Is Better Than Breaking Bad?

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #1
21394 pageviews
77 comments

1-MC 
space
space
$1,126 | Props total: 229 229
House of Cards Is Better Than Breaking Bad?

I was having an argument with a friend of mine, who said that House of Cards is a better show than, Breaking Bad. I was shocked at that ridiculous statement! And I'm sure a lot of you here are too. I told her that House of Cards is 1 season deep and it's idiotic to compare. She replied with an obvious and "Safe" statement saying, "It's not my cup of tea." I know everyone has a difference of opinion and it's not for everyone, but saying 1 season of a show is better than 5 1/2 seasons of Breaking Bad? Come on.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised with her not liking it, because this is the same person that doesn't like Homeland, Game of Thrones and The Newsroom.
bi*ch is crazy lol.

77 comments for "House of Cards Is Better Than Breaking Bad?"

4 years ago '07        #2
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 4 years ago '07        #3
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,232 | Props total: 20019 20019
house of cards is dope but not better than BB imo. BB is on some next level sh*t.
 4 years ago '10        #4
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554

No..

And I've seen every episode of both. And I like them both. A LOT....
 4 years ago '11        #5
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,337 | Props total: 8506 8506

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '10        #6
Danation 4 heat pts
space
space
$821 | Props total: 13 13
Def. not. House of cards is a very good show but Breaking Bad is on a whole other level
 08-07-2013, 10:02 PM         #7
Kushton Slater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Way too early to say... BB as of now is a top 5 show of all time, House of Cards hasn't been around long enough (great show nonetheless). As of now HOC is on Big L status .
 4 years ago '05        #8
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,461 | Props total: 7103 7103
Breaking Bad, Soprano's And The Wire (No order) will be considered 1a. 1b. and 1c. after Breaking Bad ends, by the mass majority of anybody who knows what they are talking about.

People may disagree, but Sopranos and The Wire are already 1a and 1b on all reputable lists. Breaking Bad will join them, unless it has a colossal falloff in these eight episodes.
 4 years ago '07        #9
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
Just when I thought I've heard it all...
 4 years ago '13        #10
bertr 23 heat pts23
space
space
$895 | Props total: 346 346
Breaking bad is more relatable imo. It's about a sad sack guy and his emotionally vulnerable sidekick who transform their lives by becoming successful masculine archetypes as drug dealers which is idealized by many men in the working class and poor as a way to escape from/attack the oppressive powers of society and civilized life. I love BB because it does it really well while being entertaining, but i don't put it on the same level as The Wire, Deadwood, Mad Men or Sopranos in terms of depth of human understanding and complexity. It's more of a linear story.

House of Cards is about how a powerful sociopath operates in politics but it seems to be a little emotionally lifeless in a culture that is i think removed enough to be really relatable by many. It's a great show though and interesting and i hope it continues on because it's so good at teaching the Machiavellian mindset that goes along with political power broking.

Just some thoughts
 4 years ago '07        #11
Supercoolbert 122 heat pts122
space
space
$7,196 | Props total: 1285 1285
will check out house of cards now
 4 years ago '06        #12
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,265 | Props total: 445 445
poison him when you get the chance
 08-08-2013, 09:47 AM         #13
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bertini22 said:
will check out house of cards now
Its a good a.ss show but... Nah kid! Not better than Breaking Bad.
 4 years ago '10        #14
ecomog 98 heat pts98
space
space
$3,206 | Props total: 395 395
I haven't seen House of Cards yet, but I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #15
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,501 | Props total: 909 909
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
Breaking Bad, Soprano's And The Wire (No order) will be considered 1a. 1b. and 1c. after Breaking Bad ends, by the mass majority of anybody who knows what they are talking about.

People may disagree, but Sopranos and The Wire are already 1a and 1b on all reputable lists. Breaking Bad will join them, unless it has a colossal falloff in these eight episodes.
Agreed.. IMO The Sopranos, The Wire, and BB are unanimously the Top 3 TV shows of all time. I wouldn't be surprised if Game Of Thrones gets up there as well. My top 5 of all time in no order is The Wire, The Sopranos, BB, Six Feet Under, and soon-to-be Game Of Thrones. Watch out for The Newsroom also.

House of Cards is cool but its no BB... really though WTF is the point of comparing the two? You have 5 and a half seasons vs 1 season........
 4 years ago '09        #16
WasabiTuna 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,502 | Props total: 7294 7294
People like what they like. Like me i think walking dead is an average show with a sh*t ton of flaws but people think its the best thing since sliced bread.
 4 years ago '09        #17
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,311 | Props total: 7968 7968
i havent watched house of cards but if your putting it up against breaking bad i might catch a few episodes

breaking bad= probably one of thee best shows EVER, the acting, the plot, the writing, sh*t is fukking superb
 4 years ago '12        #18
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
space
$20,833 | Props total: 1747 1747
Gotta wait a couple of more seasons before we start thinking that. HoC definitely has potential to be a Top 10 GOAT, though.
 4 years ago '04        #19
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,895 | Props total: 17453 17453
tried to watch HOC sh*t was kinda boring and slow ....might give it another chance
 4 years ago '05        #20
benadreal 
space
space
$3,586 | Props total: 73 73
i dont think im going to find a show better than breaking bad.. thats kind of a depressing statement but after rewatching the show in preparation for Sunday, I still think its one of the best shows ever to hit tv. Its so well written.
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
42 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
64 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
175 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
36 comments
19 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy