most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #61
trill jackson 741 heat pts741
space
space
$18,920 | Props total: 13569 13569
they forgot master p
 4 years ago '06        #62
mpt117 
space
space
$785 | Props total: 0 0
props on the good read
 4 years ago '06        #63
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
 RileyEsco said:
Al just loved Harlem too much to leave, and he just kind of let his talents go to waste. Jerry Tarkanian even offered him a scholarship to play for Fresno State, just from him k!lling in the streets, but he chose to stay because of the love he got back home.

Interesting article that will put some of it in perspective.

Even Kenny and Shaq thought he was league bound.
great article fam, appreciated his honesty.... with that being said, it did kind of show that he didn't want to put the work in to play organized ball....that's cool though, he seems happy... dude was treated like a don in his hometown lol..... loved the part of the article that he was talking about people looking down on him, cause he wasn't living the cliche life that some did... at the end of the day i'ts impossible to tell if he doesn't regret embracing some change and taking his talents to the next level though.. .He comes off as a down to earth and humble cat though, can respect that
 4 years ago '12        #64
MuNoZ 
space
space
space
$106 | Props total: 20 20
Watch the 30/30 on Benji again
 4 years ago '11        #65
RileyEsco 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,519 | Props total: 21342 21342
 ginobili 20 said:
great article fam, appreciated his honesty.... with that being said, it did kind of show that he didn't want to put the work in to play organized ball....that's cool though, he seems happy... dude was treated like a don in his hometown lol..... loved the part of the article that he was talking about people looking down on him, cause he wasn't living the cliche life that some did... at the end of the day i'ts impossible to tell if he doesn't regret embracing some change and taking his talents to the next level though... He comes off as a down to earth and humble cat though, can respect that

Yea, unfortunately Al played a part in his own undoing.

[video - click to view]

I would def say he had some regrets (peep 3:50), especially seeing what going to Fresno did for Skip. Al was a real dude though and took that L in stride. He always acknowledged that it was only him that held himself back.
 08-09-2013, 01:27 AM         #66
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Angel "Monchito" Cruz my family use to talk about him all the time, esp my pops.. legandary where im from..

benji ...

According to allegations in a lawsuit filed in 1985, the shooting occurred at 12:37 p.m. and Wilson reached a hospital at 1:20 p.m.
 4 years ago '06        #67
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
 RileyEsco said:
Yea, unfortunately Al played a part in his own undoing.

I would def say he had some regrets (peep 3:50), especially seeing what going to Fresno did for Skip. Al was a real dude though and took that L in stride. He always acknowledged that it was only him that held himself back.
yeah skip was on the bucks in the nba, but had a bad mindset also.... A mild mannered Ray Allen actually called Skip a clown when he was his teammate on the bucks....
 4 years ago '11        #68
ChickBoss414 27 heat pts27
space
space
$1,547 | Props total: 318 318
 CaliSteppin said:
Ronnie Fields stat line
Anybody have a link to the Benji 30 for 30

[pic - click to view]

6. Benji Wilson
Accolades: 1984 No. 1 HS Basketball Player, 1984 IHSA State Champion, 1984 Chicago Public League City Champion

Benji Wilson never had a chance to show the world what he was fully capable of. He dominated the Chicago Public League and is heralded as the greatest player the Windy City has ever produced. When Michael Jordan was making his mark as a Bull in the NBA, Benji was taking the amateur hoops world by storm.

By all accounts, Wilson was a good kid that took basketball very seriously. He was a perfectionist and practiced new moves constantly. Benji was a 6'7" guard/forward with a lanky build, handles like a point and a smooth jump shot. As a junior, He led the now storied Simeon High School to it's first state championship in 1984. Unfortunately, he was gunned down in an altercation near his school during his senior year. He was only 17 and had been named the nation's No.1 high school player a couple months prior to being murdered on the streets of Chicago. The world never got to see, "Magic Johnson with a jumpshot." You can learn more of his story by watching the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary, Benji.

[spoiler - click to view]

-- What could have been for so many of these dudes!
 4 years ago '07        #69
gjray 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,442 | Props total: 1261 1261
I guess the NBA wasnt paying in the 70's, multiple people passed on contracts because they made more money hustling.....
 4 years ago '06        #70
flipdipbone 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,933 | Props total: 467 467
Raymond Lewis >>>>>>>>

Dude was COMPLETE as they come D/handles/hops/shooting/
 08-09-2013, 08:46 AM         #71
Vincent Vega 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hank gathers, Earl the goat and pee wee Kirkland, even Lenny bias

Damn they woulda did it in the L

Hank gathers had the smoothest left handed stroke. When he died and his boy from Philly, Bo Kimble, shot his first free row left handed and made it! If that dont get u choked up your heartless!
 4 years ago '11        #72
Rishi P 
space
space
$739 | Props total: 49 49
nice post
 4 years ago '04        #73
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,926 | Props total: 17530 17530
Good read
 4 years ago '11        #74
The Mastermind 
space
space
$556 | Props total: 34 34
Ronnie Fields & The Goat rated way too low...this list is bullsh*t.
 4 years ago '06        #75
LYTE 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$14,136 | Props total: 4737 4737
 Menace718 said:
Reading this list is hard because it's aggravating to see how many people could have been better than the great players we have gotten to see and they do nothing with it.
I always say this. I wish I had a talent that I was blessed with or recognized.
 4 years ago '04        #76
ctown33 51 heat pts51
space
space
$1,463 | Props total: 438 438
Benji Name Ring Bells In my City! His HS Teammate Tim Bankston was one of my teachers!
 4 years ago '05        #77
MSSoldier 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,962 | Props total: 1462 1462
 CaliSteppin said:
Ronnie Fields stat line
Anybody have a link to the Benji 30 for 30
It should still be on Netflix.
 4 years ago '13        #78
Nappy Dyed Dreads 371 heat pts371
space
space
$53,106 | Props total: 30899 30899
 gjray said:
I guess the NBA wasnt paying in the 70's, multiple people passed on contracts because they made more money hustling.....
word. it's far how we came now. that sh*t is highly unlikely now; to get paid more in the streets, than in the league.
 4 years ago '04        #79
icetwenty4 
space
space
$531 | Props total: 31 31
Is there a list like this for the NFL, I've seen this same list countless times with slight variations. An NFL list would be dope
 4 years ago '08        #80
Lmac 
space
space
space
$2,057 | Props total: 445 445
Earl should have been #1
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy