The 20 Greatest Basketball Players to Never Play in the NBA

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
234 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
157 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
68 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #41
D--BLACK 
space
space
$576 | Props total: 0 0
 NLSP42 said:
The Celtics had just won the title......but they got Bias through a previous trade with Cleveland (I don't remember who was dealt) and Cleveland SUCKED that year....and the Celtics got the second pick in the draft
No, the Celtics traded Gerald Henderson to the SuperSonics for a 1st round pick.
 4 years ago '05        #42
Profitcy 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,670 | Props total: 333 333
Earl the GOAT manigault

Pee wee looked like a movie star maybe even denzels daddy...
 4 years ago '13        #43
Nappy Dyed Dreads 370 heat pts370
space
space
$53,038 | Props total: 30747 30747

[pic - click to view]

13. Ed "Booger" Smith
Accolades: Featured in Soul in the Hole and on the cover of Sports Illustrated in 1997

Ask anybody that has seen Booger play and they'll tell you he could've played in the NBA. He did things with the basketball that can only be compared to the likes of God Shammgod and Rafer Alston. His handle was crazy and his passes were magical. But like many that came before him, Smith chose to make fast money on the streets rather than develop his skills in college.

How many guys can say they had a classic basketball documentary made about them at 17? Booger was featured in the 1997 film Soul in the Hole and was also on the cover of Sports Illustrated the same year. He began hustling at the age of nine, often making fiends wait for him to finish games so he could serve them. Booger Smith is the last streetball star that gained popularity through word of mouth, before the internet.

NYC legend. dun follows me on twitter.
 4 years ago '13        #44
space
space
 THEINFAMOUS said:
Booger be on Instagram. looking BAAAAAD.

I still watch Soul In The Hole. n*gga missed that layup
word. fam do be looking type crazy. dem skreets got to him
 08-08-2013, 06:05 PM         #45
Chillin85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '13        #46
space
space
 RileyEsco said:
Nah, Black Widow's game was really legit. Don't let that And 1 open run sh*t fool you, he was a legend in the New York basketball scene.

Widow was giving it to real competition, playing where n*ggas really got busy, and this was years before that And 1 sh*t jumped off. Besides Skip, he's the only other And 1 dude I felt that would've made it to the league, and NBA n*ggas would attest to that.

R.I.P. to my n*gga.
this.

word I heard alimoe coulda went to fresno state with skip. I also heard that he was cool with a D-league g.m. or something and could've played in the D-league easy. Alimoe seem to just content to play ball. seems as if he didn't really care about the money.

6-7, 6-8 with a PG's passing, court vision, unselfishness. jumpshot, athleticism and appeared to have long arms.

R.I.P. Black Widow
 4 years ago '12        #47
ice516tea 
space
space
space
$69 | Props total: 18 18
Ed smith is a true NYC legend - blow l's before games - break four ankles then hop on a bike and head right back to the projects. We followed Kenny KIngs game schedule like they played in the A.
 4 years ago '09        #48
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,639 | Props total: 2745 2745
Pee Wee was pulling up to the park in a Rolls Royce then drop 50 on you though
 4 years ago '05        #49
chi town hustla 193 heat pts193
space
space
$18,096 | Props total: 19731 19731

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #50
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,507 | Props total: 12 12
 ginobili 20 said:
dude just wasn't about that life... who is gonna just fall apart cause a dude clowns him 1 game? .... dude shouldn't be on the list either tbh... lot's of the old school cats on the list at least had a valid excuse of making more loot hustling... He was just a lazy, non self motivated clown.... If his name wan't linked to king james, nobody would care to mention him tbh....
Dont let that And1 sh*t fool you..... look at Alimoe's Rucker games where n*ggas was really playing D and trying to get at each other. Dude had game....noticed that early
 4 years ago '04        #51
Youngporter 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,833 | Props total: 435 435
wondered what happen to lenny cook
 4 years ago '05        #52
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,865 | Props total: 5660 5660
 ReggieA said:
Pee Wee was pulling up to the park in a Rolls Royce then drop 50 on you though
he made fun of Muhammad Ali for not driving a rolls royce too ........ he talks about it on the F.E.D.S dvd
 4 years ago '11        #53
BaseWhitaker 
space
space
$2,918 | Props total: 2784 2784
Hook Mitchell and Joe "The Destroyer" Hammond should be 1 & 2
Sad stories all around
 4 years ago '13        #54
Morris Bestnut 11 heat pts11
space
space
$721 | Props total: 221 221
Any docs on these dudes besides the 30 for 30 docs?
 4 years ago '06        #55
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 600 600
 Drug Dylan said:
Dont let that And1 sh*t fool you..... look at Alimoe's Rucker games where n*ggas was really playing D and trying to get at each other. Dude had game....noticed that early
Maybe I jumped the gun, judging the cat from the And 1 tapes.... I get that maybe he didn't care about the money, from what people are saying.... However you would think you would wanna showcase your talents against the best competition......

I played against some pretty talented cats in street ball when I was younger.... I would ask them what college they were going to, and they would say none... some of them didn't even play high school ball.... Some cats just like to play freely and hate any kind of structure/ play calling... maybe alimoe was one of them....
 4 years ago '09        #56
NLSP42 151 heat pts151
space
space
$7,825 | Props total: 8933 8933
 D--BLACK said:
No, the Celtics traded Gerald Henderson to the SuperSonics for a 1st round pick.
My bad....that's what I meant.....Seattle....I didn't know for who though (but now I know)....and Cleveland got that number pick and got Brad Daughtery
 4 years ago '13        #57
space
space
 ginobili 20 said:
Maybe I jumped the gun, judging the cat from the And 1 tapes.... I get that maybe he didn't care about the money, from what people are saying.... However you would think you would wanna showcase your talents against the best competition......

I played against some pretty talented cats in street ball when I was younger.... I would ask them what college they were going to, and they would say none... some of them didn't even play high school ball.... Some cats just like to play freely and hate any kind of structure/ play calling... maybe alimoe was one of them....
yea. I think this was alimoe. I think dude really loved basketball and the money and fame that could of came, if he made the league, didn't matter to him.
 4 years ago '05        #58
Trill Azz Nigga 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,740 | Props total: 16 16
the goat>>>

rip
 4 years ago '11        #59
RileyEsco 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,482 | Props total: 21254 21254
 ginobili 20 said:

Al just loved Harlem too much to leave, and he just kind of let his talents go to waste. Jerry Tarkanian even offered him a scholarship to play for Fresno State, just from him k!lling in the streets, but he chose to stay because of the love he got back home.

Interesting article that will put some of it in perspective.

[video - click to view]

Even Kenny and Shaq thought he was league bound.
 4 years ago '05        #60
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
No Dunkin' Hines?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
124 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy