Peter Rosenberg: "The 'Picasso Baby' Video Makes Me Wanna Puke"

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
40 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
50 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #141
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,026 | Props total: 2568 2568
thought the video was dope ...showed a different side of jay.
 4 years ago '10        #142
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
People saying the video was cringe worthy?

It was a performance art documentary type film called Picasso Baby. fu*k you expect? a.ss? Ace of Spades?

Simple concept and simple video. How can yall not wrap your noggins around that? Some retarded motherfu*kers in this world fam
 08-09-2013, 01:01 PM         #143
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rkelley6045 said:
Most of what he is talking about is probably going over your head. Album is dope when you understand the perspective he is coming from. His life is different from when he started and his music reflects that. I can stand behind that.
What is it that Jay-Z is saying that can POSSIBLY go over someone's head?
[pic - click to view]

Great talent, but muthafuhkas give this n*gga entirely too much credit.
"Blue told me remind you n*ggas...
Fuhk that sh*t you talkin bout, Im the n*gga!"

Really fuhked my head up with that one Jigga Man

[pic - click to view]

We KNOW your life is different Hov. You done told us in every song you made since Hardknock Life popped.
 4 years ago '04        #144
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,560 | Props total: 2829 2829
 tallulahmademe said:
He was talking about the foxy brown rumors dude. Its lame because your slow a.ss dont even know wth is going on. Stick to Keef no rapping dusty looking a.ss fu*k boy
I know what hes talking about

its just lame as sh*t

Rhyming box with box is mickey mouse sh*t, and jay-z used to be so complex lyrically
 4 years ago '05        #145
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,090 | Props total: 4228 4228
hot 97 is gay....

but here's jay's issue.... he always catered to the immature audience while Nas was always pushed towards the positive, meaningful side of the art.... it didn't take much for Nas to grow with the mature audience, jay on the other hand, will have to go through alot of awkwardness... its just not his field
 4 years ago '10        #146
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
 abstractq said:
I know what hes talking about

its just lame as sh*t

Rhyming box with box is mickey mouse sh*t, and jay-z used to be so complex lyrically

Just log off bruh. Cuz obviously you're new to the world of rhyming/rap
 08-09-2013, 01:21 PM         #147
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wrote a whole thing on this. I'll include a snippet below and then if you wanna continue you can click the link in my sig.

I mean leaving aside the idea that a local hip hop DJ can't bring himself to imagine that a multimillionaire entrepreneur who is the most successful hip hop artist of all time might know something he doesn't and might be able to see something that he can't, there's this sense that I see from a lot of people in hip hop who are not only closed off to the world, from anything that's not what they know for a 100% fact that they like, but they're PROUD of it.

They are PROUD of limiting what they learn. I mean, it's like the stereotypical dumb thug that is proud of his stupidity, that he didn't finish school or work for "The Man". How can you live that way? How can you limit what you know? What you experience?

DJ Neil Armstrong is a great DJ and has the moniker of "AOK" which stands for "All Out King". And he has a saying that he's put on his mixtapes, which often feature music from various genres, not just hip hop, that unless you listen to/play all types of music, you can't really call yourself an All Out King.

Which is true.

Coincidentally (or not), Armstrong was Jay Z's DJ on the Blueprint tour.

Rosenberg is perfectly able to like whatever he likes, dislike whatever he dislikes, and have whatever reasoning for it. It's just the glee that someone can take in the fact that they don't want to expand their minds and take a chance that someone else knows more than you, and that you might like something else, is something I can't wrap my head around. It was just the smile on his face, like he was so proud of his statement, like it was somehow something to just display the ignorance, it was just mind blowing to me.

I'm not saying you have to embrace the art world and start buying Picassos or Rembrandts or anything like that. Just saying, don't close off your mind to things before you even have the chance to be exposed to them.

And I'm not saying that Peter Rosenberg is stupid or anything. When I say he displayed his ignorance, it's not saying he's stupid. The man's gotten to where he is so he's clearly a smart guy. I just think that it's like the difference between being street smart and book smart. With street smarts, you can make a lot of money. However unless you have book smarts, you're never gonna keep it or make it grow to it's full potential.

And too often there are people who are proud of their lack of actual book smarts, as if getting an education or expanding your world view is something to be embarrassed about. And I think Rosenberg has a touch of that. Like if he accepts Picasso Baby, that he's turning his back on classic hip hop, that boom bap, that old school sh*t that hip hop heads of his age (and mine) grew up on.

And I wish that someone would let him know that he doesn't have to pick one or the other.

Music is awesome that way. It doesn't mandate that you pick one or the other. Feel free to sample and indulge in both equally.

Or maybe he's reacting from the hip hop mindset which has sadly never really been one about embracing different cultures, and considering how many view those in the artworld as being predominantly LGBT, maybe that ALSO explains Rosenberg's hesitance, and explains a lot of the other criticism that Picasso Baby has gotten. Hip Hop is not known for it's tolerance and acceptance. As Anthony Jeselnik bitingly pointed out on his show The Jeselnik Offensive this past week, with the Pope saying "Who am I to judge?" referring to Gay men and women, that suddenly Catholicism was more progressive than Hip Hop.

Sad but true.
 4 years ago '04        #148
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
wish rosenberg wasn't white to really see how you people feel.
 08-09-2013, 02:37 PM         #149
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scoop said:
wish rosenberg wasn't white to really see how you people feel.
The fu*k does his being White have to do with anything?
 4 years ago '05        #150
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,877 | Props total: 8395 8395
 conscious thug said:
The fu*k does his being White have to do with anything?
one thing i do find ironic about him being white (not really related to what dude was saying) the example that he used at the end. he would be telling his white friends to come up the stairs with him trying to show him some hip hop. his white friends be like i dont think i can go up there with you . im done rambling
 08-09-2013, 03:02 PM         #151
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
one thing i do find ironic about him being white (not really related to what dude was saying) the example that he used at the end. he would be telling his white friends to come up the stairs with him trying to show him some hip hop. his white friends be like i dont think i can go up there with you . im done rambling
 4 years ago '10        #152
SecretAgentMan 
space
space
$450 | Props total: 90 90
 NoHope said:
This piece sh*t white guy thinks he gets a pass in the black community because he has knowledge on hiphop. fu*k outta here you culture robbing piece of sh*t.
I disagree wit dude but he cant have an opinion on hip hop cuz hes white?!?!? The fu*k kinda racist sh*t is that?? Nobody stole anyones culture u mothafu*kas r responsible 4 chicken noodle soup, wacka flocka, n*ggas named cheif keef, etc. Get real bro
 4 years ago '12        #153
videoshirt 
space
space
$1,301 | Props total: 177 177
jay-z is illuminati..

i turned on the video to laugh cuz i heard he was dancing or something then i noticed all the pyramids and all seeing eyes on peoples clothing and everything

turned it off after that

also jay-z is trying to portray himself like a rapping steve jobs or something.. its just gay
 4 years ago '10        #154
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,866 | Props total: 13660 13660
hip hop is so white washed, watered down, and lame now.
#fu*khiphop
 08-10-2013, 07:30 AM         #155
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Trilluminati GA said:
hip hop is so white washed, watered down, and lame now.
#fu*khiphop
 SecretAgentMan said:
Nobody stole anyones culture u mothafu*kas r responsible 4 chicken noodle soup, wacka flocka, n*ggas named cheif keef, etc. Get real bro
Yes Trill...

Yes it is.
 4 years ago '04        #156
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
you know what makes me puke?... jew boys commenting on my culture
 08-10-2013, 03:14 PM         #157
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Hov said:
you know what makes me puke?... jew boys commenting on my culture
You know what makes me puke? Ignorant anti-semitic bigots. BX does that a lot, apparently.
 4 years ago '06        #158
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,629 | Props total: 602 602
 Emperor85 said:
n*gga you dont know what your talkin about Tupac is an icon he was one of the first major international icons rap has had an is still more popular then Jayz around the world, they got Palestinian kids that know pac songs word for word fu*k even Biggie is still a bigger influence then Jay

jayz is just popular, you think they'll make films or docos on his life when his gone like pac an big?
So you are comparing 2pac who was only played in the hood and Jay Z who is worth $500 million, sells out arenas, pop star, and is known world wide? If you show an white person 2pac, they wouldn't know who he was. Younger whites would've known who he was but there is no comparison to the 2. Jay Z is on Madonna's level of popularity. When Pac was alive, he was just another thug in the Media's eyes. Blacks understand his influence, but unfortunately, there's where his influence stops.
 4 years ago '07        #159
3deanhg 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$705 | Props total: 157 157
fact is most people aren't mature enough to comprehended Jays lyrics
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
31 comments
1 day ago