Peter Rosenberg: "The 'Picasso Baby' Video Makes Me Wanna Puke"

most viewed right now
 106
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 62
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 62
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 56
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 08-09-2013, 02:59 AM         #121
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ctown33 said:
Rosenberg hating like it or not that was an innovative original idea for that video, I dont care for the song but the video was different than the norm, people want new diff things in hip hop but when its done people are opposed to it
different ain't better
 4 years ago '09        #122
BryanBodyLotion 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,288 | Props total: 184 184
But isn't jayz proud of being removed from the hood? I'm pretty sure he preaches all the time that he's an example of what you can become and you don't have to always be stuck in the hood. He's rich and in his 40s what's he look like still trying to be HOOD its almost immature
 08-09-2013, 05:01 AM         #123
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 2D.... said:
different ain't better
In this case it is.
 4 years ago '05        #124
goldgrill910 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 105 105
peter is a fu*king idiot....but that rain part was funny to me
 4 years ago '04        #125
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$12,451 | Props total: 1446 1446
dope video. all those artists and sh*t to a dope song. the random women who aint know him on the metro lls. but really some of yall...grow up. when ya 40 im sure your confidence in who you are by then is on a milly. hov is comfortable hanging out with major artists from different fields... somethings no one thought to do.
 4 years ago '05        #126
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12558 12558
What is Jay-Z? 42?

Jay Z has literally matured with his music, and if you're a TRUE Jay-Z fan how can you not understand this? He's rapping about 30-40 year old sh*t now. Half you n*ggas can't relate because you're not that old or your mindset is not on that level.

It's crazy how people will sh*t on Jay and say he's fake, pretentious and phony. The guy was rapping about how he JUST started to get into art. He seems very excited about it, for a new hobby. He and his wife are worth damn near a billion dollars combined. Him getting into arts IS THE NORMAL THING, that most wealthy people get into.

It's like half you n*ggas don't want to see him evolve and grow as a human being? As if you can't remember where you came from and not advance as a human being. Half yall talking out your a.ss, and labeling Jay to be such and such when you n*ggas don't even know him outside of a few damn songs and some interviews.. n*ggas need to log off and get their OWN lives together.

As far as the Picasso video, the sh*t was stupid, the concept was dope but the direction he took was lame as fu*k. As far as all these other misconceptions about Jay, you n*ggas are out of line or out of touch. Hip Hop owes ALOT to Jay Z.

It's crazy when a black man starts to evolve and not be afraid to step out the "typical black male boundaries" that society has set us to. Our own people shun us. It's sad, really. It's like we afraid to see another black man grow, when he does we say "he lost his touch with the hood"
 4 years ago '04        #127
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
It's funny. I wend to college with this guy. We took a communications class together and even ddi a presentation on hip-hop. Hung with him when he was doing his college radio station gig as DJ PMD. Still the same crazy white boy who loves his old school hip-hop.
 4 years ago '06        #128
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,629 | Props total: 602 602
 #TheReturn said:
What is Jay-Z? 42?

Jay Z has literally matured with his music, and if you're a TRUE Jay-Z fan how can you not understand this? He's rapping about 30-40 year old sh*t now. Half you n*ggas can't relate because you're not that old or your mindset is not on that level.

It's crazy how people will sh*t on Jay and say he's fake, pretentious and phony. The guy was rapping about how he JUST started to get into art. He seems very excited about it, for a new hobby. He and his wife are worth damn near a billion dollars combined. Him getting into arts IS THE NORMAL THING, that most wealthy people get into.

It's like half you n*ggas don't want to see him evolve and grow as a human being? As if you can't remember where you came from and not advance as a human being. Half yall talking out your a.ss, and labeling Jay to be such and such when you n*ggas don't even know him outside of a few damn songs and some interviews.. n*ggas need to log off and get their OWN lives together.

As far as the Picasso video, the sh*t was stupid, the concept was dope but the direction he took was lame as fu*k. As far as all these other misconceptions about Jay, you n*ggas are out of line or out of touch. Hip Hop owes ALOT to Jay Z.

It's crazy when a black man starts to evolve and not be afraid to step out the "typical black male boundaries" that society has set us to. Our own people shun us. It's sad, really. It's like we afraid to see another black man grow, when he does we say "he lost his touch with the hood"
It's all about evolution. What else did they expect him to do? He's not the same Jay Z as before. He's not gonna have the same swagger. He hangs out with Old Billionaires. He's going to rap and portray an image that he is living. The one thing I can respect about him is that he has evolved. This is the new rap. Jay Z is our first icon in rap. We have our superstars, but they are young and hot for moments in time. Before Jay Z, rap didn't have a Madonna or Bon Jovi. He is as mainstream as they come and is now a positive role model in the black community.

I'm not trying to sound like a stan, but real talk, without people like Jay Z, our culture and rap would not be able to stand the test of time. Rap was always thought of as a young genre of music. We need Jay Z to continue to rap because as long as he is rapping and his fans are getting older and listening to him, we will be able to pass our culture to future generations. I'm 27 and I don't listen to a lot of new rap. I've found myself listening to a lot of old school r&b opposed to listen to the rap stations now a days because I don't have someone rapping about what I'm going through. I'm not a millionaire, but I wanna hear about a corporate grind. I'm not in the streets anymore.

I said all that to say, yeah the video wasn't all that great but I get the concept. He is Picaso and making art... or something like that. I wasn't a big fan of Kanye's CD either but I appreciate it more than the hottest music right now.
 4 years ago '05        #129
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12558 12558
^ Too me I find Jay Z intriguing that he can be comfortable in a crowd room of billionaires, and equally be comfortable in a room full of hood n*ggas. But people want you to be one way, and not grow. Jay Z is the leader of hip hop.

Who but JayZ helps ADVANCE hip hop? We would probably be still stuck on the auto tune sh*t on every other song if it werent for JayZ.

n*ggas would still be buying 500$ worthless a.ss throwboacks if it weren't for Jay Z

Theses are two minor a.ss examples. "I dont pop molly I rock Tom Ford" i.e I dont do drugs cause I need to get sh*t done. Jay Z raps about ADVANCING and having a business mindset to advance. But n*ggas still want that shoot em up bang bang sh*t. despite him being 42 and chilling in the hamptons somewhere.
 4 years ago '07        #130
rkelley6045 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$416 | Props total: 0 0
 loyola llothta said:
This whole album and video is one of the worst on my opinion. People just be bunny hopping on his d!ck, so those fans will like whatever jay puts out... trash or not. I think he should have stopped at the black album....maybe even blueprint 1.

Lyrics are weak album is trash jayz is soooo overrated.

And there's NOTHING next level about this video people. ..STOP IT. Puffy was next level with his music videos in the 90's....ect. This ain't next level, you being mentally hustled by a hustler.
Most of what he is talking about is probably going over your head. Album is dope when you understand the perspective he is coming from. His life is different from when he started and his music reflects that. I can stand behind that.
 4 years ago '05        #131
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,029 | Props total: 1226 1226
jay is 40+ this album matches his matureness, rarely anyone stays this good this long in any genre.. maybe jay has grown up too much and people don't feel it
 4 years ago '05        #132
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,871 | Props total: 5665 5665
 Down-N-H-Town said:
It's all about evolution. What else did they expect him to do? He's not the same Jay Z as before. He's not gonna have the same swagger. He hangs out with Old Billionaires. He's going to rap and portray an image that he is living. The one thing I can respect about him is that he has evolved. This is the new rap. Jay Z is our first icon in rap. We have our superstars, but they are young and hot for moments in time. Before Jay Z, rap didn't have a Madonna or Bon Jovi. He is as mainstream as they come and is now a positive role model in the black community.

I'm not trying to sound like a stan, but real talk, without people like Jay Z, our culture and rap would not be able to stand the test of time. Rap was always thought of as a young genre of music. We need Jay Z to continue to rap because as long as he is rapping and his fans are getting older and listening to him, we will be able to pass our culture to future generations. I'm 27 and I don't listen to a lot of new rap. I've found myself listening to a lot of old school r&b opposed to listen to the rap stations now a days because I don't have someone rapping about what I'm going through. I'm not a millionaire, but I wanna hear about a corporate grind. I'm not in the streets anymore.

I said all that to say, yeah the video wasn't all that great but I get the concept. He is Picaso and making art... or something like that. I wasn't a big fan of Kanye's CD either but I appreciate it more than the hottest music right now.
n*gga you dont know what your talkin about Tupac is an icon he was one of the first major international icons rap has had an is still more popular then Jayz around the world, they got Palestinian kids that know pac songs word for word fu*k even Biggie is still a bigger influence then Jay

jayz is just popular, you think they'll make films or docos on his life when his gone like pac an big?
 4 years ago '05        #133
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,871 | Props total: 5665 5665
 hbk83 said:
jay is 40+ this album matches his matureness, rarely anyone stays this good this long in any genre.. maybe jay has grown up too much and people don't feel it
that new album he released is shallow as fu*k and lyrically ehhh his grown up but he cant make serious music with deep meaning? just raps about how his living? his just a shallow individual
 4 years ago '09        #134
messy marv stan 4531 heat pts4531
space
avatar space
space
$53,868 | Props total: 66968 66968
the camel warriors will defend their idol over anything as usual
 4 years ago '05        #135
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,881 | Props total: 8403 8403
 Emperor85 said:
that new album he released is shallow as fu*k and lyrically ehhh his grown up but he cant make serious music with deep meaning? just raps about how his living? his just a shallow individual
im sorry but i couldnt give 2 fu*ks if the music i listen to has deep meaning i never got when the infatuation with having "deep meaning" in every song came from.

you guys would of hated hip hop when it first came out because if you were looking for deep meaning all the time in kurtis blow, sugarhill gang, afrika bambaataa, sh*t or even run dmc...you would find that you would have to look elsewhere
 08-09-2013, 11:13 AM         #136
_Monk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i've been a jay-z fan for a long time.. im not bias, when he drops something horrible i have no problem admitting it and when he releases a classic, i have no problem admitting that either (like The Blueprint, Reasonable Doubt)... but this video is absolutely horrible imo... maybe it's the fact that i cant stand the song, i dont know.. i think the combination between the song and video... ugh.. this dudes got it right... it's absolute trash in my eyes.
 4 years ago '04        #137
L.E.S|M 
space
avatar space
space
$5,597 | Props total: 2 2
Rosenberg was on Jay's d!ck when they did the Juan Ep podcast. He's one of those annoying a.ss old hip hop conservatives
 4 years ago '07        #138
gjray 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$1,440 | Props total: 1253 1253
 lo life dun said:
crabs in a bucket


jay is straight inspiration



I like the video and song, I see most cant relate to music unless its k!lling, clubbing, or slanging.

When your the first one over hill everyones gonna shoot arrows at you......
 08-09-2013, 12:15 PM         #139
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 loyola llothta said:
This whole album and video is one of the worst on my opinion. People just be bunny hopping on his d!ck, so those fans will like whatever jay puts out... trash or not. I think he should have stopped at the black album....maybe even blueprint 1.

Lyrics are weak album is trash jayz is soooo overrated.

And there's NOTHING next level about this video people. ..STOP IT. Puffy was next level with his music videos in the 90's....ect. This ain't next level, you being mentally hustled by a hustler.

your opinion bro; you sound a lil salty though. not sure what rosenberg was trying to say really, how easy is it to just google rap lyrics you don't understand now days.
 4 years ago '13        #140
3nl1ght3ned 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$11,951 | Props total: 2390 2390
Jay can't go to Harlem anymore because dipset bloods.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 30
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 5
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy