Aug 7 - Where McDonald's wages start near $15 an hour

most viewed right now
 120
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 86
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 74
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 65
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
103 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #61
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 chi town hustla said:
first off I aint ya n*gga miss me with that bs

from my experience in life somebody that is living that good life don't have to always express how they are living that good life.........

example nobody asked about your girl being a vegetarian you could just said you were a vegetarian

just little things like that make it seem like you fronting
1) Okay.. You aint my n*gga. You a f*ggot. Happy?

2) Aint no need to front on here. Ain't like I said im a multi millionaire. But I'm living comfortable So miss me with the "detective work", Nancy Drew a.ss n*gga

Never hid what I do. If you've ever read my posts you know that I went from a job at Bank Of America to a job as a College Professor.

You can google my median salary if you want. Aint sh*t to hide
 4 years ago '07        #62
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,426 | Props total: 16138 16138
fire low level workers smh...why don't CEOs buy one less car a yr, and put that money into their employees? Ninjas in here actin like minimum wage at a corporation really has some adverse effect on economy lol... only if it was a small business...

American greed done turned us into the worst types
 4 years ago '04        #63
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
 BC is that Guy said:



you can't fault someone that works hard just because you consider what they do to be socially below you. Mcdonald's is one of the most iconic and profitable corporations on this earth, it should be a privilege to work there and workers should be compensated accordingly. Yeah they may sell cheap food, but guess what, they were one of the pioneers of global marketing and one of the few products that literally exists in every country on the planet. And its not like they dont know that, in countries where the government actually protects its citizen's rights, they have no problem paying fair wages and still turning a huge profit.

Corporations that rake in massive profits while treating their employees like sh*t are actually BAD for the world.

I don't think anyone in this thread would deny that Wal-Mart is actually doing much more harm than good on this planet....... yet you argue in favor of other companies adopting those types of policies.

People over profits!
 4 years ago '08        #64
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,028 | Props total: 5088 5088
 TheMindOf said:
McDonalds wages aint supposed to be crazy high.

It's supposed to be pocket change for Teenagers before they move on to the next point in their life.

sh*t is not supposed to be a career. If you've put yourself in the position where McDonalds is the only career path you have, then it sucks for you.

The same way how low income housing aint supposed to be mansions. Cuz it aint where you're supposed to intend to live forever.

It's supposed to be a temporary stop, while you get on your feet.


People got sh*t all fu*ked up


KIlls me seeing grown a.ss folks working at Mcdonalds like its a good a.ss job. After 18 unless your a manager your shouldn't be there.
 4 years ago '04        #65
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
 Damagegadget said:
fire low level workers smh...why don't CEOs buy one less car a yr, and put that money into their employees? Ninjas in here actin like minimum wage at a corporation really has some adverse effect on economy lol... only if it was a small business...

American greed done turned us into the worst types
It's straight unfounded snobbery. The middle class is slowly disappearing, meaning there will eventually only be poor or rich. Yet some people still think they'll jump into the 1%, wealthy elite rich. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it ain't happening. Those same people that some of you are in here championing their cause wouldn't p!ss on you if you were on fire right in front of them.

And I know even though I am considered middle class now, I could easily become one of the "poor" people in this country. And for that I don't look down on others who are actually trying to work just to survive.

And in McDonald's case the CEO as well as all US employees could get an increase in wages and the price increase passed on to the consumer would be pennies.
 4 years ago '04        #66
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
 Soda Pop said:


KIlls me seeing grown a.ss folks working at Mcdonalds like its a good a.ss job. After 18 unless your a manager your shouldn't be there.
You do know we're still in a recession, college debt is crippling people, corporations are still reporting record profits, the unemployment and national debt figures are underreported and often heavily skewed to fit political ends. For every one job opening, regardless of skill level, there are multiple applicants, some of who are overly qualified, yet still willing to work there because that's all they can get at the current moment.

People aren't working these jobs because they feel they are starting a career or have found themselves a good a.ss job, they're doing this work because that's all that is out there and they need money to survive.

You talk down and negatively about these people, yet never question the motives or intentions of the constantly growing economic inequalities in this country. The cost of living keeps going up, the top earners salaries keep going up, but the average worker is being asked to accept less money than needed to just survive or those with decent positions, are asked to accept stagnated wages, all the while the companies they work for continue to rake in profits.
 4 years ago '10        #67
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Soda Pop said:


KIlls me seeing grown a.ss folks working at Mcdonalds like its a good a.ss job. After 18 unless your a manager your shouldn't be there.
Reminds me of the first friend that I ever had who got a job. We was like 14. Got a job at McDonalds.

By the time he was 17, they wanted him to go into training to manage his own store.

He was like "Nah Im good. Don't need a bunch of people who stuck here resenting me. I'm going to college "

Dude is an engineer now. Makes like 200k a year now.
 4 years ago '05        #68
chi town hustla 194 heat pts194
space
avatar space
space
$18,135 | Props total: 19825 19825
 TheMindOf said:
1) Okay.. You aint my n*gga. You a f*ggot. Happy?

2) Aint no need to front on here. Ain't like I said im a multi millionaire. But I'm living comfortable So miss me with the "detective work", Nancy Drew a.ss n*gga

Never hid what I do. If you've ever read my posts you know that I went from a job at Bank Of America to a job as a College Professor.

You can google my median salary if you want. Aint sh*t to hide
look here you pus*y a.ss bi*ch I don't know you like that
that is why I said I aint your n*gga
why you catching feelings it seems like you the f*ggit showing your emotions
I knew you worked at a bank from last year when you said you worked at a bank
I was the one who guessed it was boa before you said it .............
you got a inferiority complex like a muthafu*ka you should use your medical benefits and get yourself a good psychiatrist
 4 years ago '10        #69
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Damagegadget said:
so if teenagers go to school during the day,,,who keeps them open during those hours??
Felons and dropouts?
 4 years ago '10        #70
Donny D 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 17 17
 TheMindOf said:
Here's what would happen if they were "forced" to raise their wages.

All they would do is just fire a bunch of people and double the workload of the people who still work there.

The one rule is business is that the SHAREHOLDERS (above all) always win.

Reminds me of when I worked for Bank of America from 2009-2011 (when all the regulating was still going on and they started losing profits)

2 Things happened.

1) The cost were passed down to the customer (sneaky new fees, surcharges etc)

2) They cut a bunch of jobs and just doubled everybody's workload at the same pay rate and told us to be "glad that you have a job in these tough economic times"


Yall the ones who gon be mad when they raise wages over there then You gotta pay 0.50 cents for extra catchup and gotta pay for extra napkins
With increased wages the amount of new consumption could balance out the amount of people being lost in the work force. With higher wages ppl will have more to spend on products and people who make these products will be in higher demand, thus requiring more jobs.
 08-08-2013, 01:19 PM         #71
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
Felons and dropouts?
Great way to always present the problem, but never present the solution.......poor people deserve to be poor, and unless they go to school to "better themselves" they deserve sh*tty jobs, to live in sh*tty neighborhoods, and deserve for thier kids to go to sh*tty schools.

But when these areas are riddeled with crime then its up to the peopel (not the gov) to make that situation better.......so the people band together to demand better wages across the board.......but they dont deserve that either......so then what is your solution for people who cant find work any where else, and are not criminals......should they work 18 hours a day abandoning thier kids so they can bring home a check? What happens to the kids in this time frame? What is the overall affect of working all those hours a week with no sleep?

And this guy is a supposed "College Professor" what idiot hired your goofy a.ss? FOH......your too fu*king naive about the world to hold any type of position where you mold minds................
 4 years ago '10        #72
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Dos-effect said:
Great way to always present the problem, but never present the solution.......poor people deserve to be poor, and unless they go to school to "better themselves" they deserve sh*tty jobs, to live in sh*tty neighborhoods, and deserve for thier kids to go to sh*tty schools.

But when these areas are riddeled with crime then its up to the peopel (not the gov) to make that situation better.......so the people band together to demand better wages across the board.......but they dont deserve that either......so then what is your solution for people who cant find work any where else, and are not criminals......should they work 18 hours a day abandoning thier kids so they can bring home a check? What happens to the kids in this time frame? What is the overall affect of working all those hours a week with no sleep?

And this guy is a supposed "College Professor" what idiot hired your goofy a.ss? FOH......your too fu*king naive about the world to hold any type of position where you mold minds................


The "problem" had a chance to be part of the of the solution at one point but chose the wrong path. Now I'm supposed to empathize with that?

Nah.. I'm good.

I believe in accountability and people being held responsible for their life choices. So that when I take my nephew to McDonalds I can tell hime that if he dont keep his a.ss on the right track, that THIS is where he's gonna be for the rest of his life

Tell my students all the time. "Life is about choices. Aint nobody forcing you to be here. But when you leave here today, make sure you take a look at the alternatives"

The usually end up appreciating the opportunity before them
 4 years ago '13        #73
Thedeathofzack 
space
space
space
$357 | Props total: 0 0
 TheMindOf said:
Reminds me of the first friend that I ever had who got a job. We was like 14. Got a job at McDonalds.

By the time he was 17, they wanted him to go into training to manage his own store.

He was like "Nah Im good. Don't need a bunch of people who stuck here resenting me. I'm going to college "

Dude is an engineer now. Makes like 200k a year now.
I hope someone spits in your salad . you c*nt
 4 years ago '05        #74
chi town hustla 194 heat pts194
space
avatar space
space
$18,135 | Props total: 19825 19825
 xoutchucky said:
People talking this capitalism and economics stuff are ridiculous. In order for someone to be rich, someone else has to be poor. In order for one person to have more, someone else has to have less. In a capitalist system, there has to be poor people. Everybody can't be rich and everyone can't have a good job. The system isn't built for everyone to win. The system is built for a few to win and the rest to lose. Think about it, what if every adult in America had a doctorate degree, what would that change? Somebody would still have to be a janitor and someone would still have to be a CEO. The fact that Mcdonald's workers are usually uneducated or have criminal records only make it easier for them to justify underpaying and screwing those workers. Money, resources, etc. are finite. There isn't an unlimited amount of money, jobs, or resources. The fact that money and jobs are finite means that in a capitalist system someone has to be on top and someone has to be at the bottom. Education and all that nonsense means nothing on a macro level.
real talk in the simplest form
 4 years ago '10        #75
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Thedeathofzack said:
I hope someone spits in your salad . you c*nt


Not sure why this sh*t made me spit out my drink. But it did.

I can picture you mad as fu*k typing that sh*t.



Props on the laugh. sh*t caught me off guard


 08-08-2013, 03:01 PM         #76
Ayena 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Boo The Fool said:


this n*gga nailed the head on the fu*kin hammer.

When my uncle first came over to the U.S.A from jamacia to florida, his first job was working at mcdonalds. Now he has his masters degree and a 180k a year job
Wrong, McDonald's created a system which keeps paying low wages, because older people need more money, and by hiring younger kids it keeps their expenses low, while making them a larger profit. Same reasons why they hire a lot of illegals, pay them low because they really do not have that many places they can work.


Remember, buy low SELL high. That is exactly what McDonalds is doing. That is EXACTLY what every company is doing in America. Corporate greed at its finest. At the end of the day it is all about MONEY and PROFIT margins, period.

ALDI grocery store net worth about 18.8 billion. Pays their workers $10-$12/hr and they get to sit in chairs at the register.

WAL MART net worth $446.95 Billion. Pays their employees $7.50-$8.50/hr and they have to stand all day.

Half a TRILLION bro, read it over and say it a few times so it can settle in.

Wal Mart is worth about 24 times more than Aldi, and makes FAR MORE than Aldi, yet Aldi pays better, and their employees are taken care of and comfortable.

Like I said. G-R-E-E-D.

Thats just one example.

 xoutchucky said:
People talking this capitalism and economics stuff are ridiculous. In order for someone to be rich, someone else has to be poor. In order for one person to have more, someone else has to have less. In a capitalist system, there has to be poor people. Everybody can't be rich and everyone can't have a good job. The system isn't built for everyone to win. The system is built for a few to win and the rest to lose. Think about it, what if every adult in America had a doctorate degree, what would that change? Somebody would still have to be a janitor and someone would still have to be a CEO. The fact that Mcdonald's workers are usually uneducated or have criminal records only make it easier for them to justify underpaying and screwing those workers. Money, resources, etc. are finite. There isn't an unlimited amount of money, jobs, or resources. The fact that money and jobs are finite means that in a capitalist system someone has to be on top and someone has to be at the bottom. Education and all that nonsense means nothing on a macro level.
Very true, but there is a difference between being rich, and trying to consume every dollar on the planet. Thats the problem. People do not want to have 1 Billion dollars (which will last you almost FOREVER and then some), but instead they want 100 Billion, which they dont need.

There is a big difference, they dont want to make 9.9 billion a year to make peoples lives easier, they want the whole 10 Billion.


Last edited by Ayena; 08-08-2013 at 03:06 PM..
 08-08-2013, 03:09 PM         #77
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ayena said:
Wrong, McDonald's created a system which keeps paying low wages, because older people need more money, and by hiring younger kids it keeps their expenses low, while making them a larger profit. Same reasons why they hire a lot of illegals, pay them low because they really do not have that many places they can work.


Remember, buy low SELL high. That is exactly what McDonalds is doing. That is EXACTLY what every company is doing in America. Corporate greed at its finest. At the end of the day it is all about MONEY and PROFIT margins, period.

ALDI grocery store net worth about 18.8 billion. Pays their workers $10-$12/hr and they get to sit in chairs at the register.

WAL MART net worth $446.95 Billion. Pays their employees $7.50-$8.50/hr and they have to stand all day.

Half a TRILLION bro, read it over and say it a few times so it can settle in.

Wal Mart is worth about 24 times more than Aldi, and makes FAR MORE than Aldi, yet Aldi pays better, and their employees are taken care of and comfortable.

Like I said. G-R-E-E-D.

Thats just one example.



Very true, but there is a difference between being rich, and trying to consume every dollar on the planet. Thats the problem. People do not want to have 1 Billion dollars (which will last you almost FOREVER and then some), but instead they want 100 Billion, which they dont need.

There is a big difference, they dont want to make 9.9 billion a year to make peoples lives easier, they want the whole 10 Billion.
Not to mention that people keep acting like we dont make money.........or that technically the reason things actually cost at all is becuse of self imposed systems that we mandate and controll.........people want to pretend like this a GOD given system that we have no way of controlling its serioulsy what makes us the dumbest species on this earth
 4 years ago '09        #78
DJ Geezy 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$2,393 | Props total: 207 207
An increase in wages just means the price of everything else goes up even more(gas, food, etc.). COLA. It's all relevant. People are just that stupid to be happy about making $15 an hour working at Mickey D's but then paying $10 for a gallon of gas, $15 for a Value Meal, and $1500 a month in rent for a studio apartment. We're getting nowhere in that sense. People see it as a sign of change and a benefit, when it's the complete opposite.
 4 years ago '04        #79
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$26,881 | Props total: 17421 17421
 xoutchucky said:
People talking this capitalism and economics stuff are ridiculous. In order for someone to be rich, someone else has to be poor. In order for one person to have more, someone else has to have less. In a capitalist system, there has to be poor people. Everybody can't be rich and everyone can't have a good job. The system isn't built for everyone to win. The system is built for a few to win and the rest to lose. Think about it, what if every adult in America had a doctorate degree, what would that change? Somebody would still have to be a janitor and someone would still have to be a CEO. The fact that Mcdonald's workers are usually uneducated or have criminal records only make it easier for them to justify underpaying and screwing those workers. Money, resources, etc. are finite. There isn't an unlimited amount of money, jobs, or resources. The fact that money and jobs are finite means that in a capitalist system someone has to be on top and someone has to be at the bottom. Education and all that nonsense means nothing on a macro level.
Some people dont understand this Props to this business for finally paying a decent wage. Fast Food Workers take alot of sh*t. I've seen customers treat them like sh*t

once again more rhetoric "you can be anything you want to be talk" from That african who spams my inbox askin for donations

Some motherfu*kers is so far moved from reality its ashame


Last edited by erickonasis; 08-08-2013 at 04:36 PM..
 4 years ago '07        #80
Jay-Vab 
space
space
space
$693 | Props total: 106 106
cost of living is ridiculously high in australia. i have friends out there well into their 30s living with their parents and it's not frowned upon because rent and buying a house is very expensive depending on where you live.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
149 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 33
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 27
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 17
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
17 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 10
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
29 comments
2 days ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy