Aug 7 - Where McDonald's wages start near $15 an hour

most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
62 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
14 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #21
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,239 | Props total: 5042 5042
its this chick that work at my local mcdonalds

shes older and been there for like 5 years and is a manager.. got a 13 charger on dubs
 4 years ago '13        #22
Impeccable 210 heat pts210
space
space
$14,875 | Props total: 1241 1241
 Dos-effect said:
Why not? They work hard, often times having to work from the time they get there to the time they leave. I mean if you have ever worked a real job and I mean a real job, then you would know that most times the lowest paying jobs are the jobs where the employees have to work the hardest.......this has nothing to do with economics or the brainwashed bullsh*t they preach in our society. When it comes down to it the grill worker at McDonalds works just as hard if not harder than the CEO of McDonalds.......but we are not talking about compensation for hard work.......we are talking about class warfare aren't we. It has nothing nothing to do to with the actual complexity of the job, but more so the status of what the job represents. And of course McDonalds is at the bottom of the totem pole so those people don't deserve to get more pay.

You just proved you don't know sht about economics.

1. It's irrelevant about how hard the job is. That doesn't determine the salary. That's still subjective.

2. How does economics brainwash our society?

Why don't we stop at 100 an hour? They work hard enough. Oh my gosh, being a cashier takes up so much effort. I need 1k an hour
 4 years ago '10        #23
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
I knew this was gonna be Australia before I even clicked on the thread
 4 years ago '06        #24
jha84 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$315 | Props total: 1 1
irratating to keep seeing ppl think they can "demand" higher wages. Wages/salaries dont have sh*t to do with how hard you work, or how much profit the company you work for makes. Any company thats smart enough to make a profit knows you dont pay ppl what they think they deserve. Your pay depends on your replacement value. If you flipping burgers, or mopping a dining room, or working the cash register you are easily replaceable. That work doesnt require any special skill or training. So all these online petitions and protests dont bother these big companies. If you want to "demand" higher pay get a skill or a trade that makes you irreplaceable and stop asking for a handout.
 4 years ago '07        #25
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,234 | Props total: 20028 20028
 jha84 said:
irratating to keep seeing ppl think they can "demand" higher wages. Wages/salaries dont have sh*t to do with how hard you work, or how much profit the company you work for makes. Any company thats smart enough to make a profit knows you dont pay ppl what they think they deserve. Your pay depends on your replacement value. If you flipping burgers, or mopping a dining room, or working the cash register you are easily replaceable. That work doesnt require any special skill or training. So all these online petitions and protests dont bother these big companies. If you want to "demand" higher pay get a skill or a trade that makes you irreplaceable and stop asking for a handout.
more of that usual its a hand out nonsense. Yep asking to be paid higher is asking for a hand out.
 4 years ago '10        #26
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Ham Rove said:
still ppl repeating the same tired "its for teenagers stuff" yeah in the fu*king 80s maybe. things have changed, the avg age of your fast food worker is 28 years old. so miss me with that "its for teenagers" sh*t.
90% of the circumstances under which somebody is 30 and their ONLY option in life is McDonalds are self caused.

- Too cool for school
- Pregnant at 16 and left school
- Felony charges
etc

No sympathy here.

Are there people who have to make an "employment pitstop" there at an older age, because they've been laid off? Definitely.

But they gon be out of there soon enough. Once they're able to find another job that their skill set fits.

NOW if they dont have any skills, then they gotta bare the consequence of that. That is the skills gap and how it goes.

In this country its ALWAYS been known that your value either comes from education or from your skills. If you went for neither of those, I don't expect a private company to have to adjust their economics to complement you.

Business is not charity. Such is free enterprise
 4 years ago '05        #27
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,317 | Props total: 4747 4747
 Fras1788 said:
Yeah minimum wage should be $28.

Everything has risen except wages in this country. Rent, food, fuel.

Min wage was $1.24 in 1964

That = $28 now. Yet we are more efficient and produce way more now than then, yet work the same 40 hr work weeks. Wake up to the realities brother...its you who does not know economics.
I feel like I see different numbers all over the place when it comes to "what should be minimum wage today in the US?"

Some articles I see $22 an hour, and some I see as low as $11 an hour.

It's crazy thinking if $28 an hour were minimum wage. That would make most typical families of four have $100,000+ household incomes. I'm lived an average life with my family, ~$70,000 household when me and my sister still lived with my parents. Which was enough for Colorado Springs, CO. From what I remember, we were all living rather comfortably. I could only imagine how much more luxurious our lives could've been if my family had $100,000+ to work with! Especially if $28 would be minimum wage....
 08-08-2013, 01:34 AM         #28
Infamous B 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BlackRepub85 said:
Why is it people are trying to tell a company how much they should profit? Get outta here with that. Ill set sh*t to whatever I want it to be. If you dont like it find another fu*kin job.
basically
 4 years ago '12        #29
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,579 | Props total: 5638 5638
Do yal understand how lazy this new generation would become if mcdonalds and other fast food spots were 15/hr? Most people wouldn't even bother or think about college or strive to do better in life

15 a hour will have you livin comfortable, especially with some overtime
 4 years ago '07        #30
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
90% of the circumstances under which somebody is 30 and their ONLY option in life is McDonalds are self caused.

- Too cool for school
- Pregnant at 16 and left school
- Felony charges
etc

No sympathy here.

Are there people who have to make an "employment pitstop" there at an older age, because they've been laid off? Definitely.

But they gon be out of there soon enough. Once they're able to find another job that their skill set fits.

NOW if they dont have any skills, then they gotta bare the consequence of that. That is the skills gap and how it goes.

In this country its ALWAYS been known that your value either comes from education or from your skills. If you went for neither of those, I don't expect a private company to have to adjust their economics to complement you.

Business is not charity. Such is free enterprise
Asking for a wage increase is not charity they are within their rights as workers to ask for an increase, just like McDonald's is within their rights to reject it. And the "employment pit-stop" thing isn't as common as you think. Its become a lot more of a permanent position with the middle class jobs fleeing this country. and maybe its easier for people to feel morally superior by writing off fast food workers as "16 and pregnant" or "too cool for school" but that isn't the case with the majority.

Also your "they move on to new jobs" later thing is a situation that doesn't happen as much as you think. If you are working @ a fast food place after losing a middle class income, chances are you are working there because you have no other options currently. So its not so much temporary anymore, unless you are furthering your skills while working 40 hours a week. and paying for school with your minimum wage salary and all the other necessities. Auto jobs used to be low paying also.

Last edited by Ham Rove; 08-08-2013 at 01:48 AM..
 4 years ago '07        #31
space
space
 Stillhyphy said:
Do yal understand how lazy this new generation would become if mcdonalds and other fast food spots were 15/hr? Most people wouldn't even bother or think about college or strive to do better in life

15 a hour will have you livin comfortable, especially with some overtime
not in any major city it wont. 15 an hr for 40 hrs a week is 30 grand a year. before taxes.
 4 years ago '11        #32
GrindPOWER$ 391 heat pts391
space
space
$19,296 | Props total: 12684 12684
my think is why all the companies that make billions pay less..MacDonald's make a k!lling i mean come on you make way more in overhead you can at least pay them 9.50..the way things going n*ggas might have to hang on to fast food job as a career...don't give them 15 meet them in the middle give them something like 9 to 9.50..hold don't NY fast food restaurants pay 9.00 to start off.
 4 years ago '04        #33
HOTtubTONY 17 heat pts17
space
space
$993 | Props total: 158 158

[pic - click to view]

...these comments!
 4 years ago '12        #34
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
Minimum wage in aussie is $15

They aint gettin paid, go get a real job bishes
 4 years ago '10        #35
Donny D 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 17 17
LoL at ppl claiming that others dont know anything about economics. Even the experts argue among each other about who knows anything about economics. If people really knew anything about economics, best believe that noone would be poor, or no area in America would look like a 3rd world country.

From following Richard D. Wolff, economic professor from Yale University, Stanford University, Harvard University, the mininum wage has only decreased while the salary for the wealthy (1 percent) has constantly increased since the 1980s.

Billion dollar coroprations have less competition in the business world, get tax breaks while the working ppl get increase in taxes, hide extra a.ssets in accounts overseas to avoid paying taxes. And yet working ppl dont deserve 15. smh
 4 years ago '12        #36
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,579 | Props total: 5638 5638
 Ham Rove said:
not in any major city it wont. 15 an hr for 40 hrs a week is 30 grand a year. before taxes.
Of course not in any major city. But for somebody who is 18 - 25 living in a one bedroom cheap apartment, 15 aint bad at all
 4 years ago '07        #37
Spoken210 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,670 | Props total: 0 0
 Ham Rove said:
$15/Hr, or $30K/Year to someone coming straight outta high school....c'mon you know that's pretty big money if you're still in school...that's $2500/Month....
 4 years ago '06        #38
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 Hurricane24 said:
No reason these huge companies shouldn't give a decent wage, they turn enough profit, no excuses, greed is an ugly creature

4 years ago '06        #39
1 of 1 Houston 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,261 | Props total: 6435 6435
I can vouch tor that. I currently live in Melbourne, Australia. My Wife grew up here and told me how good the money was out here. I moved here 2 1/2 years ago from Houston. I can tell you career wise and financially....it's one of the best things I have ever done. The economy is amazing and they take care of their workers. Before moving here I never made over $14/hr. My first job(claims officer)here I started working in the city, in a sky scraper making $28/hr (currently $32)@40 hrs/wk with weekends/holidays off and 4 wks paid annual leave. Word of advice...if you want to try something different and get paid what you deserve. GET A PASSPORT AND MOVE TO AUSTRALIA!!!

The government even pays you allowance. Have kids? They get paid allowance too. There are hardly any police compared to back home.(I might see a cop car once every week) And even for the Bud smokers..easy livin....lol talk about slap on the wrist for driving and fogging out. Ticket and you are on your way in 20 min. No impound, no incarceration, no illegal searches!

Last edited by 1 of 1 Houston; 08-08-2013 at 05:41 AM..
 4 years ago '07        #40
space
space
 Spoken210 said:
$15/Hr, or $30K/Year to someone coming straight outta high school....c'mon you know that's pretty big money if you're still in school...that's $2500/Month....
2500 month before taxes. and if you live in a big city, it cost a lot more. Taxes are higher generally, therefore everything is higher. Rent, food etc. I believe in Illinois if you make $30,000 a year you get like $25,000 after taxes. providing for a family on $25,000 a year in Chicago, NY is gonna be a bit of a struggle. And even that is a pipe dream since most McDonald's workers aren't getting paid anywhere near $15 and hr.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
119 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
14 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside So BX, you smashin or nah? :dead:
23 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
24 hours ago