Aug 7 - Where McDonald's wages start near $15 an hour

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
82 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #1
7388 pageviews
111 comments

phantomnation 2092 heat pts2092
space
space
$6,485 | Props total: 18746 18746
Aug 7 - Where McDonald's wages start near $15 an hour

Scoff at striking fast-food workers' demands for $15 an hour all you'd like, but one chain is already paying that relatively high minimum wage.

Is it a boutique burger joint in Michigan or Oregon that serves up $5 sandwiches? Nope. It's a tiny little outfit that calls itself McDonald's (MCD), and it still turns a tidy profit in high-wage countries around the globe despite paying workers almost double what it pays American staffers.

The Atlantic reports that not only does McDonald's pay its Australian workers the equivalent of $14.50 an hour -- or double the U.S. minimum wage -- but Australia's Fair Work Commission just hammered out a deal between the company and its employees that guarantees workers up to a 15% raise by 2017. That's in a country where most McDonald's workers are already making more than the minimum to begin with.

That should confirm the fears of Americans already cautious about what a Big Mac would cost if worker wages increased, right? After all, that stack of beef patties, sauce, cheese, lettuce, onions, pickles and bread costs more than $1 extra in Western Europe, where McDonald's has to pay workers in France a $12 minimum wage, according to The New York Times.

In truth, McDonald's only wishes its fortunes were as great in the U.S. as they are in Europe. It earns far more revenue there than it does here, despite wages in Europe accounting for roughly 45% of the cost of its food, compared with 25% to 35% in the U.S. In Australia, meanwhile, customers are paying 6 cents to 70 cents extra per Big Mac.

So how does McDonald's survive in such high-wage environments? Much like in the U.S., it plays the game. In Australia, minimum wage for 16-year-old workers is only $8, which gives McDonald's incentive to higher younger workers. It also squeezes more productivity out of workers and does away with little redundancies like cashiers, who are replaced in certain instances by touchscreens.

More significant, however, McDonald's can't just contently exist as a low-end feeding trough in these countries. With higher prices come higher expectations, which is why Australians were getting McCafe and espresso in 1993 while Americans were chowing down on Dino-sized Quarter Pounders that were just Double Quarter Pounders with a Jurassic Park movie tie-in.

McDonald's can pay its American workers the same wage as their foreign counterparts. It just has to hope that the same American consumers who shunned espresso, wraps and Angus burgers and prompted the company to consider all-day breakfast will change their minds and help pick up the tab.

Source: visit this link MSN

111 comments for "Aug 7 - Where McDonald's wages start near $15 an hour"

4 years ago '10        #2
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
McDonalds wages aint supposed to be crazy high.

It's supposed to be pocket change for Teenagers before they move on to the next point in their life.

sh*t is not supposed to be a career. If you've put yourself in the position where McDonalds is the only career path you have, then it sucks for you.

The same way how low income housing aint supposed to be mansions. Cuz it aint where you're supposed to intend to live forever.

It's supposed to be a temporary stop, while you get on your feet.

People got sh*t all fu*ked up
 4 years ago '06        #3
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,045 | Props total: 18807 18807
yeah, there was a huge story about how Aussie food service workers get a much better minimum wage..
 4 years ago '10        #4
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 RAZAH CUTS said:
yeah, there was a huge story about how Aussie food service workers get a much better minimum wage..
Don't let the propaganda fool you. Do some research on the cost of living out there. You'll see that it all evens out.
 4 years ago '13        #5
Impeccable 207 heat pts207
space
space
$14,779 | Props total: 777 777
 TheMindOf said:
Don't let the propaganda fool you. Do some research on the cost of living out there. You'll see that it all evens out.

Outside your Ye stannery, you carry valid opinions on literally everything
 08-07-2013, 02:15 PM         #6
Hurricane24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No reason these huge companies shouldn't give a decent wage, they turn enough profit, no excuses, greed is an ugly creature
 4 years ago '12        #7
Boo The Fool 12 heat pts12
space
space
$16,391 | Props total: 5652 5652
 TheMindOf said:

It's supposed to be pocket change for Teenagers before they move on to the next point in their life.

sh*t is not supposed to be a career. If you've put yourself in the position where McDonalds is the only career path you have, then it sucks for you.

The same way how low income housing aint supposed to be mansions. Cuz it aint where you're supposed to intend to live forever.

this n*gga nailed the head on the fu*kin hammer.

When my uncle first came over to the U.S.A from jamacia to florida, his first job was working at mcdonalds. Now he has his masters degree and a 180k a year job
 4 years ago '12        #8
space
space
 Impeccable said:

Outside your Ye stannery, you carry valid opinions on literally everything
imagine having a conversation with dude over some beers

mind-gasms
 4 years ago '13        #9
WizLatifa 44 heat pts44
space
space
$2,902 | Props total: 626 626
[QUOTE=Boo The Fool;28008693]imagine having a conversation with dude over some beers

mind-gasms [/QUOTE

and here come the dicriders/mindof alts
 4 years ago '12        #10
space
space
[quote=WizLatifa;28008746]
 Boo The Fool said:
imagine having a conversation with dude over some beers

mind-gasms [/QUOTE

and here come the dicriders/mindof alts
who is this?

i hear themindof is an extremely intelligent, bad bi*ch getting, pockets of guap holding n*gga but that's not me and i am not him.
 4 years ago '04        #11
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,333 | Props total: 2746 2746
 Hurricane24 said:
No reason these huge companies shouldn't give a decent wage, they turn enough profit, no excuses, greed is an ugly creature
Mc Donalds is an entry level job. Its for teenager to learn the value of working. That is why we been laughing at people who still flipping burgers at McDonalds and never become manager. sh*t rn makes $15 an hour.
 08-07-2013, 04:01 PM         #12
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:

So you preach minorities working harder and getting their sh*t together, stopping committing crimes and unrealistic bullsh*t like that........then when people who come from these enviroments do just that and demand a fair wage in order to survive so they dont have to commit crimes........you endorse pushing them back down because they dont deserve 15 an hour?

Teenagers dont work fast food.......most don't work at all......alot of fast food jobs are worked by grown adults, and that is thier only option to make it in life......this is not 10 or 15 years ago......where fast food was a starting point........how can we as a society tell people that dont deserve a decent wage in life to take care of themselves? Personally I think its a push for us as Americans to all demand better wages in the workfield....which would benefit us all....you got sh*t fu*ked up...hating on McDonalds worker because $15 an hour would be more then your big headed a.ss currently makes......and since you think so highly of your mediocre success....you have to hate on the next man's come up....keep in mind these people do jobs YOU WOULD NEVER DO.......no matter how much it payed....
 4 years ago '04        #13
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1905 1905
 Dos-effect said:
So you preach minorities working harder and getting their sh*t together, stopping committing crimes and unrealistic bullsh*t like that........then when people who come from these enviroments do just that and demand a fair wage in order to survive so they dont have to commit crimes........you endorse pushing them back down because they dont deserve 15 an hour?

Teenagers dont work fast food.......most don't work at all......alot of fast food jobs are worked by grown adults, and that is thier only option to make it in life......this is not 10 or 15 years ago......where fast food was a starting point........how can we as a society tell people that dont deserve a decent wage in life to take care of themselves? Personally I think its a push for us as Americans to all demand better wages in the workfield....which would benefit us all....you got sh*t fu*ked up...hating on McDonalds worker because $15 an hour would be more then your big headed a.ss currently makes......and since you think so highly of your mediocre success....you have to hate on the next man's come up....keep in mind these people do jobs YOU WOULD NEVER DO.......no matter how much it payed....

Every teenager I know is unable to obtain work because adults have eaten up all the low level and entry level work. I have friends with business degrees from USC and LB State struggling to find work or working retail or at bars during their job hunts. People don't realize we're still in a recession and our economy and job market stinks.

10-15 years ago there was an abundance of work. Now for every opening, regardless of salary or position, there are far too many applicants. My friend owns a small business that he runs from his home and wanted someone to do customer service and what not while he worked his full time job. He posted a job listing starting at $11 and he actually got some people with BA and Masters asking to apply.

And yet some people still want to live in this fantasy land where America is still seen as the land of milk and honey. And this economy is not getting any better anytime soon. So I'd hate to see what this country and job market is going to look like in another 5-10 years.
 4 years ago '13        #14
Impeccable 207 heat pts207
space
space
$14,779 | Props total: 777 777
 Dos-effect said:

You think 15 an hour is "fair" for job at mcdonalds?

n*ggas dont know sht about Economics or what's fair
 4 years ago '10        #15
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Dos-effect said:

This guy...

Miss me with the self righteous sob story. I got parents who came to this country with nothing and worked sh*t jobs for years.

When one job wasn't paying enough, they got another one. Not one to replace the first job at a higher wage, but another job to supplement the first one.

Both my parents worked 2 full time sh*t jobs each in this country (Maid, factory work, cleaning this and that) until Me and my siblings were able to become teenagers and get our own money and buy our own sh*t (which we did).

They both OWN their own Houses (cuz they divorced now). Own their own cars and living comfortable now.

The aint have no criminal records, nothing like that. They just came to this country and had to work hard or be homeless. No inbetween. Neither of them EVER went on welfare or a.ssistance (cuz African folks look down on that sh*t). Never lived low income housing. None of that.

So, No I dont believe people who had all the opportunities in this country but chose to PUT THEMSELVES in a position where they gotta work at McDonalds forever should be making as much as a Registered Nurse

Thats not a good enough reason for a McDonalds employee to be making the same amount as somebody who did everything right in life. Then where's the incentive for people to do well for themselves?

Who gon wanna go to school or act right if they can do all type of fu*k sh*t and McDonalds is the fallback plan because they gon pay $20/hr anyway.

Don't mean to sound harsh but McDonalds aint payin enough, Apply for a second job at the Wendy's across the street. Lord forbid people should have to work a little harder

Last edited by TheMindOf; 08-07-2013 at 05:06 PM..
 08-07-2013, 05:50 PM         #16
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Impeccable said:
You think 15 an hour is "fair" for job at mcdonalds?

n*ggas dont know sht about Economics or what's fair
Why not? They work hard, often times having to work from the time they get there to the time they leave. I mean if you have ever worked a real job and I mean a real job, then you would know that most times the lowest paying jobs are the jobs where the employees have to work the hardest.......this has nothing to do with economics or the brainwashed bullsh*t they preach in our society. When it comes down to it the grill worker at McDonalds works just as hard if not harder than the CEO of McDonalds.......but we are not talking about compensation for hard work.......we are talking about class warfare aren't we. It has nothing nothing to do to with the actual complexity of the job, but more so the status of what the job represents. And of course McDonalds is at the bottom of the totem pole so those people don't deserve to get more pay.
 08-07-2013, 06:18 PM         #17
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
This guy...

Miss me with the self righteous sob story. I got parents who came to this country with nothing and worked sh*t jobs for years.

When one job wasn't paying enough, they got another one. Not one to replace the first job at a higher wage, but another job to supplement the first one.

Both my parents worked 2 full time sh*t jobs each in this country (Maid, factory work, cleaning this and that) until Me and my siblings were able to become teenagers and get our own money and buy our own sh*t (which we did).

They both OWN their own Houses (cuz they divorced now). Own their own cars and living comfortable now.

The aint have no criminal records, nothing like that. They just came to this country and had to work hard or be homeless. No inbetween. Neither of them EVER went on welfare or a.ssistance (cuz African folks look down on that sh*t). Never lived low income housing. None of that.

So, No I dont believe people who had all the opportunities in this country but chose to PUT THEMSELVES in a position where they gotta work at McDonalds forever should be making as much as a Registered Nurse

Thats not a good enough reason for a McDonalds employee to be making the same amount as somebody who did everything right in life. Then where's the incentive for people to do well for themselves?

Who gon wanna go to school or act right if they can do all type of fu*k sh*t and McDonalds is the fallback plan because they gon pay $20/hr anyway.

Don't mean to sound harsh but McDonalds aint payin enough, Apply for a second job at the Wendy's across the street. Lord forbid people should have to work a little harder
Dude please stop with this my people are better then everyone else bullsh*t. We don't care. It does not make them better people because they have initiative.......it just makes them winners.....but guess what there are plenty of other winners in this world bruh....as stated before your parents are not exceptions to the rules......they just happen to be stand up people in a looooooooooooong line of other stand up people.....no more, no less.

And yes college, the supposed great divider that you always harp on because you believe it made you a winner in life....of course this being because you think that college is part of the equation to make winners. But how many college graduates are not winners? How many graduates are working jobs at bars and diners across America all trying to make the same buck, just to turn around and pay a buck 50 back to Uncle Sam for college? College is not the great divider between success and unsuccessful, that would be initiative and foresight, in addition to resolve and resilience, that is what makes winners....people who get back up after being knocked down......not the people who never had to experience getting knocked down..........

And if you would honestly put 2 and 2 together, you would understand this could perhaps elevate the minimum wage in the work field, and if granted could possibly force other industries up the pay rate also, but something tells me that you understand this all to well. And that is the reason why you oppose it....because if people actually started getting paid more then your whole illusion of sh*tting on others that you feel are beneath you becomes irrelevant. Your whole facade in which you are this lone hero amongst a sea of idiots of which you were the only one who had the drive to make it..collapses upon its self........am I right? That self esteem is a muthafu*ka I know.........but here is the thing......we live in a world of haves and have nots........and lately the haves have been seriously sh*tting on the have nots. The middle class is damn near non existent in America, the Upper class is getting insanely richer and the poor are moving towards a level of destitution and life long poverty. Raising the minimum wage to a level where our fellow Americans are able to survive is something that needs to happen......and personally I don't give a fu*k about your snotty "the cool table is only reserved for the cool kids" attitude. There are people who work harder in a day then you and I combined just to make ends meat for their kids. Do they deserve to live in mansions because of it no.........but they do deserve to be able to survive.......not thrive......just survive..........and if they are standing up for that right......then fu*k it, I am behind them 100%...........to me I don't care about class.....I care about people.......you seem to only care about yourself, which is funny because your not even from this fu*king country........yet your always running your mouth about Americans.........but guess which country your parents came to to find that American Dream..........

Last edited by Dos-effect; 08-07-2013 at 06:25 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #18
phantomnation 2092 heat pts2092 OP
space
space
$6,485 | Props total: 18746 18746
 matelyan said:

Every teenager I know is unable to obtain work because adults have eaten up all the low level and entry level work. I have friends with business degrees from USC and LB State struggling to find work or working retail or at bars during their job hunts. People don't realize we're still in a recession and our economy and job market stinks.

10-15 years ago there was an abundance of work. Now for every opening, regardless of salary or position, there are far too many applicants. My friend owns a small business that he runs from his home and wanted someone to do customer service and what not while he worked his full time job. He posted a job listing starting at $11 and he actually got some people with BA and Masters asking to apply.

And yet some people still want to live in this fantasy land where America is still seen as the land of milk and honey. And this economy is not getting any better anytime soon. So I'd hate to see what this country and job market is going to look like in another 5-10 years.

^^^that's real talk
 08-07-2013, 07:21 PM         #19
Tha Problum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BlackRepub85 said:
Why is it people are trying to tell a company how much they should profit? Get outta here with that. Ill set sh*t to whatever I want it to be. If you dont like it find another fu*kin job.
Exactly! McDonalds isn't a government funded and operated company. This isn't some sh*t where you have to work there or it's a requirement to reach some plateau in life. It's merely a fast food company. Don't want to work there for the offered wages? Okay. Apply SOMEWHERE ELSE. There's millions companies, and plenty of them are hiring. In my state mcdonalds workers don't even make 7 an hour they make anywhere from 9.50 and up from my personal experiences of dealing with them and high school friends

matelyan said:

You people don't realize, that every industry is different. Every company is different. Every city can have a grand difference from one another in the same state let alone country-wide. I recently had to hire an a.ssistant and the type of salary people were requiring, and willing to work for, for the same job responsibilities were extremely note-worthy. Life is just like sports, the open market drives the price/salary. If you think you are worth more than mcdonalds wants to pay, then APPLY SOMEWHERE ELSE that is worth your time and effort. If you live in some backwoods area, then sorry to say it but you may have to move or make your own business. There's plenty of people making millions of dollars that were forced to move to an area with a more lucrative market because that's what would be demanded of them to be successful. Stop making excuses, if someone wants to have a family and settle down, don't work at fu*king mcdonalds use your damn brain and set up a plan where you can feed and raise your own and live comfortably. If you don't want to flip burgers for 10 an hour, someone else does. Simple as that.

Edit- Side note, there's professions out there well above 50 thousand a year where you don't need a degree at all, let alone a relevant one

Last edited by Tha Problum; 08-07-2013 at 07:30 PM..
 4 years ago '07        #20
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19932 19932
still ppl repeating the same tired "its for teenagers stuff" yeah in the fu*king 80s maybe. things have changed, the avg age of your fast food worker is 28 years old. so miss me with that "its for teenagers" sh*t.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now