Aug 6 - Worker Wages: Wendy's vs. Wal-Mart vs. Costco

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
148 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
7 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #21
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1616 1616
Retail is the worst

Definition of new slaves
 08-07-2013, 05:41 AM         #22
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Go to school.
 4 years ago '07        #23
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,322 | Props total: 1109 1109
 OG k!lla said:
Know quite a few people making that or more at the one out here and they aint been there 19 years. Just google that sh*t or go on glassdoor or w/e its called

Majority of Costco employees talk about that place like its heaven
Doing what though? And where? I used to work at Sam's club years ago, and I knew people who were making that kind of money just standing at the door greeting people, but they been there for awhile. the raises were sick though.. used to get like $1.60 raise after every yearly evaluation...
 4 years ago '07        #24
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,195 | Props total: 19758 19758
 MOTTAFOOKAH said:
Doing what though? And where? I used to work at Sam's club years ago, and I knew people who were making that kind of money just standing at the door greeting people, but they been there for awhile. the raises were sick though.. used to get like $1.60 raise after every yearly evaluation...
thats surprising since Sams Club is a wal-mart company isnt it?
 4 years ago '04        #25
zonicview 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,509 | Props total: 732 732
he's been working 19 years at costco and is a fork lift operator, that's different than microwaving mutant meat for 5 years
 4 years ago '04        #26
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 34 34
apply at Costco...
 4 years ago '04        #27
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285
I work with a ton of old heads that literally make 500+ a day but make the work place depressing for themselves and others by bi*chin and complaining from the time they show up to the time they leave. Some of the most lazy ppl I've ever been around. Also we have some of the top healthcare in the country with our own "private" pension plans. Bishes just ungrateful of what they got and ppl out here are hurting.

Last edited by killadre; 08-07-2013 at 08:48 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #28
MemphBleek05 46 heat pts46
space
space
$10,187 | Props total: 8485 8485
The few people I've known who have worked at Costco, had nothing bad to say about the place............everybody I've known to work at Wal-Mart, hated it........
 4 years ago '04        #29
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285
 MemphBleek05 said:
The few people I've known who have worked at Costco, had nothing bad to say about the place............everybody I've known to work at Wal-Mart, hated it........
Wal-mart and UPS is where most of the p I know who work there consider it "slave work"... With ups I know a couple of ppl that took advantage of the benefits... They paid for her to get her Ba and also gave her a.ssitance for childcare. Now she moved on to bigger and better things.
 4 years ago '04        #30
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,870 | Props total: 1905 1905
 MemphBleek05 said:
Just went to my friends birthday party and she's a manager at Costco. Loves her job. Been there for 7 years. She said they pay well.
 4 years ago '10        #31
JudasHatesJesus 146 heat pts146
space
space
$6,986 | Props total: 3760 3760
Knew bout Costco... Sucks they make more than people like myself in the medical field but what can you do

But cinnamon...
 4 years ago '10        #32
JudasHatesJesus 146 heat pts146
space
space
$6,986 | Props total: 3760 3760
I'd fu*k the sh*t outta Cinnamon too...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #33
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,898 | Props total: 2529 2529
Thats crazy 20+ an hour???
 4 years ago '05        #34
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,614 | Props total: 13675 13675
 Hurricane24 said:
Ya I know people on Costco and they love it, I think cashiers there start around 13.60 an hour and only goes up, I worked at Amex they also know how to treat their employees, 2 companies I respect, they still have dignity
Are you really comparing American Express to Wal-Mart and Wendy's?
 4 years ago '05        #35
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,291 | Props total: 4707 4707
 JudasHatesJesus said:
I'd fu*k the sh*t outta Cinnamon too...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

I've been telling everyone this. All the bad bi*ches work out here in Colorado are in fast food!

Them Chick-Fil-A's and Burger King bi*ches!
 4 years ago '06        #36
datnolaboy 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,668 | Props total: 1371 1371
 Garnet & Gold said:
So we're just gonna compare someone that's been working at the place for 19 years to some ratchet named Cinnamon? I get what the story is trying to do, but how long have the other two people been working at Wal-Mart and Wendy's. Maybe compare new employees for each company, I don't know
straight up. How they compare a fast food joint to costco or even walmart? if walmart charged a membership fee they would be paying people more. you see they didnt compare sams club and costco.

i bet you a fork lift operator with 20 years experience at sams club makes as much as Mr Martinez. (and why has he been there 20 years and not made a decent move in career?)
 4 years ago '05        #37
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
 DEDOS said:
he calls cinnamon a ratchet but that clown had an avy up with two of the ugliest dog looking bi*ches ive ever seen. he thinks he winning cause they white tho. one bi*ch looks like a man and the other looks like john candy

why u take that avy down garnett and gold
The fourth time you've tried to get my attention on some stalker sh*t, find a fu*king hobby or something, let it go, I'm not addressing you anymore until I get your blood pressure up again when Florida State whoops Miami's trash a.ss again, you fu*king spic.
 4 years ago '08        #38
hiphopsince1984 
space
space
$1,467 | Props total: 108 108
 regulate said:
I used to work at costco back in the day. This is absolutely legit. Their pay scale used to be bananas. Start you off at $12/hr and working full time it would only take 3 years to reach top pay for the lowest position which was $18.50/hr. And that doesn't include the twice a year bonus check you get (starting at $1200 tops out at $3500). Mind you this is just for the lowest position. The only thing that's changed over the years is it takes longer to reach top pay, but they increased the top pay as well. And each warehouse would employ 15-20 managers all salary.

And their medical coverage is one of the best in the industry. CostCo is proof that these other slave-laboring corporations have no excuse for treating their employees like sh*t.

[pic - click to view]

i've been there for 10 years and I currently make $19.75 as a service a.ssistant (i Stock). I'm about to be a forklift driver which is a service clerk job and I'll make $22. Meat cutters make $24. It's definitely a great place to be with this current economy. The raises are guaranteed unlike Sam's which are performance based. We won't even speak about BJ's.
 4 years ago '08        #39
hiphopsince1984 
space
space
$1,467 | Props total: 108 108
 datnolaboy said:
straight up. How they compare a fast food joint to costco or even walmart? if walmart charged a membership fee they would be paying people more. you see they didnt compare sams club and costco.

i bet you a fork lift operator with 20 years experience at sams club makes as much as Mr Martinez. (and why has he been there 20 years and not made a decent move in career?)
I can't speak on what someone at Sam's makes, but I doubt it's touching his salary. He hasn't made a career move because it's can be a pain in the a.ss being a manager at Costco. He makes almost as much as a manager without all the hassle and free ot. Department level managers start at $55,000. He's probably making between that and $60,000.

Last edited by hiphopsince1984; 08-07-2013 at 12:44 PM..
 4 years ago '06        #40
datnolaboy 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,668 | Props total: 1371 1371
 hiphopsince1984 said:
I can't speak on what someone at Sam's makes, but I doubt it's touching his salary. He hasn't made a career move because it's can be a pain in the a.ss being a manager at Costco. He makes almost as much as a manager without all the hassle and free ot. Department level managers start at $55,000. He's probably making between that and $60,000.
Step your math game up son. 22.80/hr is not 55k. If a person's been at any job for 20 years and not making more than 45k then you're probably right, he's in chill mode.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
5 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
68 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy